Custom maps created with new props [Deathmatches]

116 replies to this topic
Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:58 PM

Sorry for not putting one of your maps into the PL. Honestly, I prefer your smaller maps. They have to be hosted seperately and some people miss out. I'll put one into Testing Tuesday 11 in two weeks, as next week is going to be a best of. 

I understand man all good. :)

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:51 PM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 29 April 2017 - 03:58 AM.

Got another map and this time it's a sequel to a recent map i've made.

Unreal Crossway 2 (Ps4)

2_0.jpg

Spoiler

2-14 players

Forced + Pickups (recommended for a better experience)

So this is a sequel map, I've retained the general feel of the original with the small canal crossing the middle, a few bridges, a hidden tunnel, 2 high platforms for sniping and the same weapons. Basically I reimagined the first one in a bigger version so it could fit more players at the same time. No place is the same, no corner is too safe to camp and always running and gunning. Enjoy.

• Damned_Hitman likes this

spukin
  • spukin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:41 AM Edited by spukin, 07 April 2017 - 05:41 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsK3PprM_io&feature=youtu.be&a

• Damned_Hitman, Mr. Larson and Foxy Stevenson like this

raymond_calitri
  • raymond_calitri

Verified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:00 AM Edited by raymond_calitri, 14 April 2017 - 04:34 PM.

== Flooded ==
XB1, 2-30 players, TDM

https://socialclub.r...-KEmtq8h4W0Tt2A
bSn46rY.jpg
  • Foxy Stevenson likes this

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:45 PM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 07 April 2017 - 04:08 PM.

Updated a few maps.

Unreal Crossway:

-deleted rpg spawn, changed to grenade.

Unreal Crossway 2:

-deleted rpg spawn, changed to grenade.

Unreal Under:

-map was deleted.

Fy_Pool_Day:

-Changed grenade spawns to only 1 in the pool.

spukin
  • spukin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

I liked those rganade in fly pool and im not explosive guy ;) It was different but yeah without it the map will be probably better experience

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

I liked those rganade in fly pool and im not explosive guy ;) It was different but yeah without it the map will be probably better experience

Yeah it's ok I guess. I left 1 spawn in the pool so it's hard to get without being killed but it's still there. :p

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

Unreal XS

2_0.jpg

2-6 Players

A small symmetrical map for up to 3v3.

Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

Jehovah's Witness of Free Aim

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

Yeah it's ok I guess. I left 1 spawn in the pool so it's hard to get without being killed but it's still there. :p

Good thinking  :^:

This will likely be played a lot of times, a few friends of the crew have bookmarked it  :colgate:

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

Good thinking  :^:

This will likely be played a lot of times, a few friends of the crew have bookmarked it  :colgate:

Yo, that's awesome, I really hope my maps get played so it gives me motivation to do more and better maps :D

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:39 PM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 14 April 2017 - 01:00 AM.

Hello! As promised I got another remake of a popular Cs map, Cs_Italy!

Cs_Italy (PS4)

2_0.jpg

Spoiler

2-16 players

So this time around I've managed to build the map completely, while I still had to limit the map to fewer details specially on interiors, but the overall feel and scale of the map is quite similar to the original. 

Enjoy. :)

EDIT:

Also updated Unreal Crossway 2. Changed just a few props for more spacing and room.

• sleepwalk1980 likes this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:00 AM

How are you placing your spawns in these maps since the old spawn glitch got patched?
Please tell me you've found a new way!

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:58 PM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 14 April 2017 - 03:14 PM.

How are you placing your spawns in these maps since the old spawn glitch got patched?
Please tell me you've found a new way!

Well, with these maps I don't feel the need to use the spawn glitch to place spawns side by side. I just use the normal way and place spawns when the game tells me that I can, in a certain distance between them.

Although I find it interesting that the game let's me place spawn points against vertical walls, like mid air for example.

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:12 AM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 29 April 2017 - 03:57 AM.

De_Train (PS4)

2_0.jpg

Spoiler

2-20 players

This map is based on the cs 1.6 version of De_Train and I've managed to recreate it all to the highest fidelity possible. This is the most complicated remake I've done yet because it took me several hours to get it just right.

Enjoy :)

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:17 AM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 29 April 2017 - 03:56 AM.

Unreal Oil Rig (PS4)

2_0.jpg

Spoiler

2-14 players

Another custom map, this time it's based on something real.

Enjoy.

• Claude4Catalina and raymond_calitri like this

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:42 PM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 25 April 2017 - 11:34 PM.

Unreal Blue (PS4)

2_0.jpg

2-8 players

This is another small symmetrical map, there's a mix between long corridors, open middle areas and verticality.

Edit: Might change the player limit to 10 instead of 8.

• raymond_calitri likes this

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:03 PM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 25 April 2017 - 11:39 PM.

Based on what I've seen I will be updating a few maps to change some weapon pickups/placement etc.

Updated - Unreal Crossway. Added 2 more carbine spawns in the middle of the map.

Updated - Unreal Crossway 2. Deleted 3 grenade spawns, leaving only 1.

Updated - Unreal Oil Rig. Added more carbine spawns, readjusted a few props.

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:56 PM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 27 April 2017 - 01:00 AM.

Have you ever seen a deathmatch where you could "wall run"?

Unreal Green (PS4)

2_0.jpg

2-6 players

So this time I got a new original map with something that I think was never done before. Wall Running in Gta online!

I made this quick small map just to see how it would look with the "wall running".. I will make a bigger map with more diverse ways of "wall running" to cross the map! I know it's not actually wall running as it's impossible to make the character run on walls without any mods, so this is closest thing you can get.

• Mr. Larson likes this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:22 PM

How the hell did you do that?!

These maps are awesome, they've inpsired me to make my own DMs using the platforms to build arenas

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:28 PM

How the hell did you do that?!

These maps are awesome, they've inpsired me to make my own DMs using the platforms to build arenas

Thank you. Hell yeah, be creative and use only props to make a full map for deathmatches. :) Feel free to post on this thread your maps and I can give you some feedback on them. I'm on ps4 tho so I won't be able to test them.

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

As soon as I've got some built i'll make a video so you can see the layouts...

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:36 PM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 29 April 2017 - 03:51 AM.

This time it's a Capture. 

This map is based on the original map from the classic Unreal Tournament 1999 game. It's still one of the most popular maps in UT just like Dust 2 is for CS.

Facing Worlds (PS4)

2_0.jpg

Spoiler

2-12 players

2 teams fight to steal and score the most enemy flags to their base. 1 lucky player from each team gets to spawn on top of their respective towers, and have access to an rpg, heavy sniper, a parachute, and of course the best vantage point. But be careful, because you might get sniped by the enemy, as you have little to no cover.

I adapted the map to be more fitting for gta so it's not a complete replica of the original but still has the same layout and feel.

• sleepwalk1980 and Mr. Larson like this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:12 PM

Thank you. Hell yeah, be creative and use only props to make a full map for deathmatches. :) Feel free to post on this thread your maps and I can give you some feedback on them. I'm on ps4 tho so I won't be able to test them.

Right then. Inspiration from Foxy Stevenson, Raymond Calitri and other creators who use the platforms to create DM arenas, here is my first attempt...

OUTFLOW / XBOX1 / 12 players / 2 teams / RSC LINK

2_2.jpg

A lot of rubbish ends up passing through this narrow bi-level DM arena built over one of Los Santos' most polluted outflows.

Make sure your body isn't amongst it!

Symmetrical bi-level map with an swimmable underwater section (make sure you pick up the knife!). Lots of cover options for close quarter RnG, but wide open sightlines for long range attacks

All weapons are placed down the centre of the map.

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:01 PM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 29 April 2017 - 07:06 PM.

Right then. Inspiration from Foxy Stevenson, Raymond Calitri and other creators who use the platforms to create DM arenas, here is my first attempt...

*Video*

Hey, that looks well made, I like symetrical maps a lot, nice use of that section for the base of your map. +1 for the verticality, it gives more life, compared to the boring flat run and gun maps. The underwater part reminds me of a part on my map Unreal Blue, which also has a secret underwater tunnel to the other side of the map :p

Since you also have longer range on your map you might want to add the assault rifle as a pickup in the middle since it's not that much more powerful than the combat pdw but has the range you need. Just a thought. It's kind of difficult to judge a map just from a video, but try it out with some players and see how it plays and if it really needs changes.

Overall, it's a good start, might be a little too open, but since you only have 12 players it might be good anyway. Normally creators just shove 30 players into a map like that and call it a day. lol

Keep on creating. :)

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

Hey, that looks well made...

Thanks man! Great minds think alike on the underwater parts then :) I didn't even plan on having one, I was wandering about the half made map and went in the water and started swimming and then had a brainwave.

Good call on the AR for range, the only reason I didn't add it is because the map is quite open as you noticed, and I didn't want people being able to shoot someone from one end to the other. I'll see how it plays first. And low player counts FTW, too many 30 man bloodbaths these days - coming from a CoD background I prefer the 12 player count (16 at a push)

raymond_calitri
  • raymond_calitri

Verified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:38 AM Edited by raymond_calitri, 01 May 2017 - 07:38 AM.

This map is based on the original map from the classic Unreal Tournament 1999 game. It's still one of the most popular maps in UT just like Dust 2 is for CS.

looks great! ive been wanting to build a facing worlds for a while now, but this one looks like it does it justice. any issues building the capture on the block props? ive seen both respawns and capture objects mess up when built on the blocks, which is why i tend to steer away from captures.

bookmarked, cant wait to give it a run and see it in action
  • sleepwalk1980 and Foxy Stevenson like this

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:00 PM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 01 May 2017 - 02:13 PM.

looks great! ive been wanting to build a facing worlds for a while now, but this one looks like it does it justice. any issues building the capture on the block props? ive seen both respawns and capture objects mess up when built on the blocks, which is why i tend to steer away from captures.

Thanks.

Well for starters everytime I wanted to place a weapon spawn I had to teleport back to the main land, place it on the road, pick it up and teleport back to my map to place it. There are over 20 weapon spawns so imagine the trouble I had to go...

Also if someone happens to fall out of the map with the "Flag" it's impossible to recover it. That's why I put 3 "Flags" on each base, so it's harder to f*ck it up. Also it's the contend mode, where the "Flag" respawns once you deliver it, so it should be fine.

I only tested it with another player and the respawns seemed to work, the "Flags" delivered/respawned correctly. I also never make captures as it's not my favourite mode but since it was Facing Worlds I had to make it a "Capture the Flag", like the original.

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

If you die in water the object should respawn in it's original location no?

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:12 PM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 01 May 2017 - 03:21 PM.

Does it? I don't know either. I placed a few large props under the map so that the falling players don't take too long to die because the map is almost at max height allowed...

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:56 PM

Does it? I don't know either. I placed a few large props under the map so that the falling players don't take too long to die because the map is almost at max height allowed...

I think it does, I got a capture made way up in the sky and I'm pretty sure it respawns on death.

Also, little something I'm working on...

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users