GTA VCS vs GTA LCS

9 replies to this topic
Rimmer
  • Rimmer

... (c) Claude

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:08 AM

I think win Vice City Stories. It has many features, such as the purchase of businesses, the ability to swim and much more. And what do you think?

JohnDonovan
  • JohnDonovan

I'm a hairy slag with spunky attitude you cheeky c*nt

• BUSTED!
  • Myanmar

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:03 AM

Liberty City Stories IMO

I just loved its characters & narrative, the true Mafia GTA, it was fairly simplistic but had a wonderful charm & verve.

Vice city stories was decent it had more content than LCS but Vic was very unconvincing and the story was fairly mediocre & forgettable, the overall cast of characters were preety meh for the most part, I only played through it once and once was enough.

So I guess it comes down to Characters & narrative > Content.

Also, Liberty City > Vice City

• Payne Killer likes this

Rimmer
  • Rimmer

... (c) Claude

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:42 AM

Just i don't like Liberty City, Liberty City very boring.. We play in Liberty City in GTA 4, GTA 3, GTA Chinatown Wars. Sorry for my bad english ;-)

Achlys
  • Achlys

Property Of ShadowPerson

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:39 PM

I prefer LCS, SlashTV is a fun and creative mini-game.
  • Payne Killer likes this

Still Madd
  • Still Madd

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

LCS in terms of characters, storyline and plot.

VCS in terms of variety, features and setting.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and Rimmer like this

TommySpaghetti
  • TommySpaghetti

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:25 PM

San Andreas Stories.

Oh, wait...

Joke aside, I prefer Vice City Stories. It was funny seeing Lance Vance in his true form as a simple minded prick. As we all know he became a "backstabbing" prick two years later. Although, I do think the whole Vic and Louise relationship (if you could even call that one) was kinda stale. I'll have to give the story edge to Liberty City Stories but the setting and soundtrack has to go to Vice City Stories in my opinion.
  • Rimmer likes this

err5
  • err5

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:37 PM Edited by err5, 12 December 2016 - 10:01 PM.

What I don't like is the fact that while many new features have been implemented, some things got messed up. Examples:
* A new hand-to-hand combat. And now sometimes the protagonist stops when punching while running. Melee weapons make him stop as well when used while running. The chainsaw is weakened, the Katana can't beautifully detach heads and kill with one swing like in LCS.
* Swimming and a stamina bar. But why does the bar have to cover the armor bar ? This especially annoys me after getting the "infinite swimming" perk which makes the bar useless.
Why do I often get ejected from land pretty badly after climbing out the water ?
* The ability to switch aim even on enemies that are behind with L2/R2. But sometimes the gunfire shortly focuses on the floor when switching targets. Very, very rarely I'm unable to aim at someone and need to move a bit to be able to do so.
* Map inconsistencies. Go inside an Empire Building, look at the radar. Save the game there and look again. Or place the Player Target somewhere at the mall, for instance at the Ammu-Nation blip, enter the mall and go in this case to Ammu-Nation. The Target blip should be stuck somewhere else.
* Camera mode changes sometimes if an event occurs in an interior. Also the default camera distance seems a bit too higher compared to the one in LCS - can be 'fixed' by playing in widescreen mode.
* A bicycle. Hold L2/R2 to force the drive-by animation and accelerate. There's no pedaling animation then.
* JetSkis and other good stuff that allows driving on water. And too close map boundaries, especially in south-east area. Very noticeable when performing this USJ. And you can see the boat creates foam even when it's not touching water.
* No Criminal Rating points, ranks only.

On the other hand I love perfectly implemented features that I think should be available in previous games such as ability to replay rampages, to view cutscenes again after achieving 100%, to toggle popped Balloons, done rampages and USJs on the map.

I prefer LCS, SlashTV is a fun and creative mini-game.

Yes, here's proof of someone's creativity. :)
  • Achlys and Rimmer like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Gognitti bailed. I made like Chow Yun-Fat...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:20 PM

I prefer VCS just because of the storyline and how many more features it grants compared to LCS. Both games are decent though VCS wins for me.

• Rimmer likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

It was never about the money.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:55 AM

I prefer LCS. Much more grounded story, it was cool going back to LC. I did like the empire building of VCS, it worked good but it could of been improved.

Lexyz.
  • Lexyz.

Vice City RAGE 1.0 Dev

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

Both are great.While LCS is much more polished and bug-free,VCS has a lot more content(and with this come a lot of boring side missions as well) and a better story

So yeah,I'd probably go with VCS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users