24 replies to this topic
RockstarZigs
  • RockstarZigs

Ride or Die

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:41 AM

uRMjnGU.jpg

This looks crazier than the movies before. 

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:27 AM

Dumb name, nice concept

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:57 AM

Dumb name, dumb concept, imo.

Really hoping this is the last one, even though I believe they're going to 10. They're just making sh*t up at this point and it's embarrassing to see these films pop out one by one with a silly storyline. 

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

hella [something]

• Daily Globe
  • None

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:02 AM

Holy hell. I didn't expect that.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:45 AM

gbh these movies are a guilty pleasure of mine. 

And it looks like they're turning Jason Statham into a good guy in this one, coolies.

• Mister Pink likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:44 AM

Watched the trailer before. Looks cool, but it kinda gives off the impression it'll be the the last one. Paul Walker made this franchise IMO.

It's going to be odd without him. The name just sounds ehhh cringey to be honest.

Anyway should be interesting, but how far these movies have come since illegal street racing on the streets of LA.

If they do decide to do some more it would be awesome if the final one returned to the street racing roots of the original. Have a show down between Brian's Supra (as a tribute to him) and Dom's Charger one last time.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Arrow
  • Arrow

Homie

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:32 PM

The Trailer is delightfully insane. I'm really hoping that this will be the last movie in the franchise. Stray observations:

• Hobbs goes to jail for being involved with the Toretto Case.
  • Ian Shaw seems to have the joined the good case.
  • Vin Diesel turns bad and it's entirely possible he’s been switched out for a robot by a cyber terrorist
  • Ludacris wipes out at least 5 pursuing cars with a pre-planned wrecking ball deployment.
  • Ludacris gets a tank.
  • There is an arctic chase involving ski-doos, armoured vehicles, an orange Lamborghini and, get this, a submarine. Too fast too amphibious!

I guess we'll have to wait until April next year to see what his alliance is all about. In any case, the trailer seems to have worked its magic on twitter.

• MiamiViceCity, 2281 and Kushology like this

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:17 PM

I remember when the biggest explosions they had to worry about were "exploding" nitrous bottles and floor panels intake manifolds.

Boy they've come a long way.

• MiamiViceCity, Shaundi., GTA-Biker and 1 other like this

Zarbon
  • Zarbon

Crackhead

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:19 PM Edited by Zarbon, 12 December 2016 - 01:23 PM.

First Optimus, now Dom. Who's gonna turn on us next? Iron Man?

And in regards to this being the last movie, it's not. Fast 9 in 2019 and Fast 10 in 2021.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:22 PM

I remember when the biggest explosions they had to worry about were "exploding" nitrous bottles and floor panels intake manifolds.

"Dude I almost had you"

"You almost had me?"

"Ask any racer, any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning's winning"
  • Tchuck, GTA-Biker, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:09 PM

sh*t name, otherwise looks like it'll be entertaining. And I love me some Charlize Theron  :inlove:

And it looks like they're turning Jason Statham into a good guy in this one, coolies.

Deckard Shaw never really struck me as a bad guy anyway. More morally ambiguous than anything, so it makes a little sense that you could probably incentivize him to play for the good guys.

blaze
  • blaze

Big Homie

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

I feel like they really should've ended it after the last one; for the most part it tied up the loose ends, was a somewhat happy ending and a nice tribute to Paul Walker who undoubtedly made the movies what they are and I feel anything after that point will slowly lose the magic of the previous films. Personally I enjoyed the FnF as it's street racing series as much as I did the heist aspect but I always preferred the street racing side of it and it's mind boggling to see the progression and far fetchedness of the storylines, what next? FAST 47: BRAGAS GREAT GREAT GRANDCHILDS COUSINS SISTERS BROTHERS MATE WHO KNOWS JOHNNY TRANS GREAT GRANDDAUGHTER COMES BACK FOR REVENGE? I get that they have a franchise and want to keep it going but at the same time they're already cutting it real close to running it into the ground. Whilst the newer movies are enjoyable for a quick action flick with a well known cast they're so predictable and come nowhere close to matching the enjoyability of the first movie (or 2F2F for that matter).

• MiamiViceCity and Android like this

Achlys
  • Achlys

Sickly Sweet

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

Interesting concept, but the series should've ended already.
  • (Ambient) and gtaoplayer like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:21 PM Edited by GTA-Biker, 12 December 2016 - 04:26 PM.

Looks interesting,I'd like to know why Dom betray his friends and become a bad guy.I'll definitely watch it.

However,while I still like the newer movies with the over the top action,I kinda miss the time when F&F movies were about street racing (the first three movies).

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:59 PM

"Dude I almost had you"

"You almost had me?"

"Ask any racer, any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning's winning"

"Dude I almost had you"

To:

"Dude I have a submarine"

• MiamiViceCity, Shaundi., iBUCKEYE and 2 others like this

Affalterbach
  • Affalterbach

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:57 AM

The series got ruined a long time ago. sh*t is more about shooting/fighting than cars. That doesnt change the fact that i will watch it. They shouldnt even bring this one out since Paul isnt around anymore.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Gegon45
  • Gegon45

///M

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:55 PM

its 2 more movies after this one i heard, will probably watch it even tho they get more and more cheesy... they ruined tyrese character  :/

Irish45455
  • Irish45455

Irish45455

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:29 PM

Way I see it, the Fast and the Furious movies are like a car accident. You try not to, but you just can't stop yourself from watching. I like them, and even though they are getting a little long in the tooth, I'll keep watching them. I've heard they may try to reincorporate Brian O'Connor back into it using Paul Walker's brothers Caleb and Cody. I hope it's not a, "Hey gang, you remember Brian, right? He had a kid with my sister? Well this is his younger brother that after seven movies and countless shenanigans, we are just now finding out about!" Wow, sounds like something from CinameSins. Anyways, I hope the movies don't get to B movie levels of cheesiness.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:59 AM

Way I see it, the Fast and the Furious movies are like a car accident. You try not to, but you just can't stop yourself from watching. I like them, and even though they are getting a little long in the tooth, I'll keep watching them.

I just view the series as the movie equivalent of Call Of Duty. People bitch and moan that it should've ended, but it doesn't change the fact the series draws massive numbers critically and financially. Furious 7 made over $1 Billion.

In saying that I think this latest instalment will be telling. The plot seems like a desperate attempt of trying to shake things up which could be genius or a major back fire. 

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:19 AM

Considering the Rock doesn't won't do another one and Vins age it might be the last.

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

Considering the Rock doesn't won't do another one and Vins age it might be the last.

If the money/conditions are right, I wouldn't be surprised if they were both on for more. I'm expecting them to round it off at F&F 10, though I'd have hoped them to do it sooner. This latest film (rumoured to be roughly three friggin hours long) is just too much; Dom going rogue? I know/suspect he's being set up or something, but it's still too farfetched considering the whole family arc, not that driving a car between sky scrapers wasn't farfetched......

• RafaeSheikh likes this

gtaoplayer
  • gtaoplayer

Retired

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just ain't the same without Brian. Smh

I'll never forget that day. Ever.

I was playing GTAO at the time (driving a Penumbra that I made look like the F&F Eclipse) and "Crawling After You" was on the radio... now every time I hear that song I think of Paul Walker.

Race.In.Paradise
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 weeks ago

If the money/conditions are right, I wouldn't be surprised if they were both on for more. I'm expecting them to round it off at F&F 10, though I'd have hoped them to do it sooner. This latest film (rumoured to be roughly three friggin hours long) is just too much; Dom going rogue? I know/suspect he's being set up or something, but it's still too farfetched considering the whole family arc, not that driving a car between sky scrapers wasn't farfetched......

Money is not everything. Look at Daniel Criag. He's the highest paid Bond actor, to date, and wants nothing to do with the character any more. Admittedly comparing the two is like apples to oranges. It is slightly disappointing that there are more F&F movies coming out, at the same time I do enjoy a lot of movies Vin Diesel and the Rock are in (together or seperately)

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Eucatastrophe

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

The series got ruined a long time ago. sh*t is more about shooting/fighting than cars. That doesnt change the fact that i will watch it. They shouldnt even bring this one out since Paul isnt around anymore.

Yeah doesn't look like a Fast & Furious film to me. It's gone so far to Michael Bay end of the spectrum.

They're guilty pleasure films and I still might even enjoy this.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 2 weeks ago

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users