Quantcast

» «
Photo

bars to turn off violence, sex, toture etc.

32 replies to this topic
yomum21
  • yomum21

Rat

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:17 AM

I think rockstar should add buttons/scroll bars to the game which can turn on or off certain things that are rated above PG. By this I mean every single thing that makes Gta 5 18+ you can turn off. For example, you can turn off sex or toture. 

Kingbing
  • Kingbing

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:33 AM

They do.  it's called that little letter M at the bottom of the case.

• Curtis, dkluin, Aerosmithfan999 and 5 others like this

yomum21
  • yomum21

Rat

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:38 AM

M means mature, and that dosen't mean that you can't turn sex off. I mean like in Gears of war 3

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

But why? Literally what would be the point of buying a GTA game to turn off everything that makes it GTA?

• Aerosmithfan999 likes this

yomum21
  • yomum21

Rat

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:23 PM

But why? Literally what would be the point of buying a GTA game to turn off everything that makes it GTA?

Maybe not violence but apart from that this game could be a GTA game which those scrollbars apart from violence. Lets face it, GTA 3 was 13+, not M

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:39 PM

Maybe not violence but apart from that this game could be a GTA game which those scrollbars apart from violence. Lets face it, GTA 3 was 13+, not M

It was most definitely an M, as badly as the graphics have aged, in 2001, shortly after the world trade centre collapsed on the middle of new york, game that lets you willingly commit murder, solicit prostitute, and generally be everything the US Government didn't want you to be at the time, it was never anything close to being a 13+. 

• The Deadite likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

Then don't access those features that meet those criteria you have listed. Sex, and other related adult stuff can be directly linked with players actions. It remains OFF by default until you do something that unlocks it. Don't access such features ( like receiving services of prostitutes, strip clubs, etc ), you don't need any buttons. Problem solved!
Regarding violence -- Most open world games are violent in some way or the other. You can't switch them off. Its the core attraction.
Again its directly linked with players actions. Its upto you how and what kind of violence would you want to experience in game. Moderate, Extreme or Psychopathic serial murderer. It depends on how you use all the weapons and tools available to switch between them. Buttons wont be able to censor it.
Regarding torture -- Apart from one mission I don't find this too important to include a separate button. Again its directly linked with players actions. Try failing the mission a couple of time to skip the torture scene entirely. I haven't tried it, but it should work. Check it out whether it skips the torture scene or not.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

In North America the rating is Mature (must be 17+), and it's 18+ elsewhere in the world. If you're worried about the adult content you probably shouldn't be playing the game. Options to turn off violence/nudity/etc are never going to happen.

• R4gN0r0K likes this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:25 PM

...For example, you can turn off sex or toture. 

Excellent idea.

And by that i mean what an awful idea.
  • Tomasak, Payne Killer, LincolnClay and 1 other like this

thc_404
  • thc_404

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:41 PM

If you can't handle it, don't play it. Everyone who knows GTA, knows that such things can and will happen...

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:43 PM

Go play The Sims.
  • Aerosmithfan999, Vik and The Deadite like this

GamesBoy316
  • GamesBoy316

Grove Street

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

Might as well not play the game then. 

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:25 PM

Ya know you could always just play the Simpsons hit and run if the violence is that much of an issue to you...

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:03 PM

This topic isn't about GTA V so moving to the Rockstar Subforum....

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

While many games going back as far as the Sega / SNES days have this easy option of turning gore or blood down a notch, it's easily something RockStar could implement into future titles. It's also something RockStar has already done for the Japan copy.

Now, let's be clear about this....having such an option does NOT have any affect whatsoever on the games official rating. The rating remains +17 Mature. Grand Theft Auto will NOT get two different ratings. This also means if your request for such a decision is simply to coax your parents into buying this game for you at the age of 15 isn't happening either. It doesn't work that way.

• Mister Pink likes this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:49 PM

What about car stealing? That should be removed too. You'll have to buy all the cars. Wait, that's already the case in GTAO.

Okay, what about murder? Running over people? Drug smuggling? The endless dick jokes in the fake ads? Strong language?

I always find it super strange when sex, torture or other 'uneasy' topics are considered mature but standing on a pile of burning corpses is kiddy stuff.

• thehambone and LincolnClay like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

You'd have to remove Trevor. Pretty much everything he says, does, and implies would be too much.
  • LincolnClay likes this

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:39 PM Edited by auntjeff, 11 December 2016 - 08:39 PM.

Mute, blindfold...there are many items you can use as a blindfold, if you don't have an actual blindfold.

If your television or monitor doesn't mute, turn the volume to 1 or the lowest possible setting and use a White-noise machine.

Also, completely turning your television or monitor away from you or positioning the screen against a wall....it has worked for me.

If you're super desperate...this worked for me also.... you can find those offensive visuals and literally tag them out with your own permanent black marker...your next playthru will be a better, less offensive experience.

Lastly, ...i did this yesterday... use something metal and sharp like a flat-head screwdriver or a razor and start chipping or picking off parts of the screen where you see visual offenses...the next playthru will result in the same as what i mention above.

play safe!

• Aerosmithfan999 and thehambone like this

yomum21
  • yomum21

Rat

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:29 AM Edited by yomum21, 12 December 2016 - 09:32 AM.

It's just that I have a son but I want to play GTA:O with him. He is 14 (If you take away the violence in the game it makes the game bad) and I want him to play GTA:O with me. But i can't because of the age restrictions and I take seriously the age restriction if it makes sense.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

Oh! So its about Online?
You should have explained in more details about the reasons behind asking for turning OFF in the first place.
Sex and torture scenes should not really matter in case of Online. I don't think it even exists there, but others who know Online better will be able to answer it better regarding those two aspects.
Personally, I don't think you should worry about playing with your son, as long as you are simply interested in the Online aspect of the game, and playing private sessions only. There are a lot of activities to choose in Online which I don't find that violent at all. There are races and other interesting fun activities that I believe any one can enjoy easily irrespective of the age. So carefully make your choce and it should be fine for both of you.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

Nah, sex and torture makes games more fun.
  • B Dawg and RogerWho like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

Theirs topless women at the Playboy Mansion in Online, but just don't go there. The strip club has topless dancers so don't go there either.

Other than that it's not any different than your average multiplayer game. Be wary of players though, they cuss as much as the game itself.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:20 AM

Why should the developers have to go out of their way to appeal to people who let their children play these games, or whyever else the OP would want people who are too young to watch what makes GTA games a GTA game.

Veroder
  • Veroder

That guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:27 PM Edited by Veroder, 13 December 2016 - 05:50 PM.

Shooting cops, running over hookers, blowing up planes, all fine. But... Sex...? You animal!

12YDbmy.gif

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

I'm convinced that OP is trolling...

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:37 AM

...For example, you can turn off sex or toture. 

Excellent idea.

And by that i mean what an awful idea.

Good idea actually. I never played GTA for that.

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:24 AM Edited by RogerWho, 16 December 2016 - 04:24 AM.

It's just that I have a son but I want to play GTA:O with him. He is 14 (If you take away the violence in the game it makes the game bad) and I want him to play GTA:O with me. But i can't because of the age restrictions and I take seriously the age restriction if it makes sense.

Well, start a private session (or solo if only one of you plays and the other one watches) and just drive while following traffic rules. Don't do any robbing and shooting; only drive during the day so you don't see any hookers. Unfortunately you'll still get all the sex jokes which even a 14 y.o. will get and may still witness random street violence.

So yea, GTA isn't exactly family friendly in any case. Why not just play Truck Simulator?

Or again, is it the case that shooting, robbing and killing are okay but a pair of boobs are a reason for an outrage? Or where exactly is the line here?

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:39 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 16 December 2016 - 03:56 PM.

Wow, seeing a lot of narrowmindedness here. "duh turn of teh Sex and violence!?! Wut/!? Never!"

You are a Father and you share the same console as your son. However when your son signs-in many of the more violent features are switched off. Many people would love to show and the their underage kids enjoy the marvel or mature games but don't due to certain content. 

You could let your 8yo year old play GTA and have your grandmother around for tea and not have to worry about strip-club visits or dead hookers. 

It would also solve a lot of problems where a kid doesn't get to experience all the other wonderful sh*t GTA offers because of the hooker thing, the parent wont buy it, even though the kid is probably allowed watch Rambo or somer other crap that's really violent. 

​yomum21, on 12 Dec 2016 - 09:29 AM, said: 

@Yomum21: Age restrictions aren't law. It's not illegal for a kid to play an mature game. It's illegal for a commercial outlet to sell them to an under-aged person which is completely different. It's a guideline for parents when they don't know the content of something that they may or may not be buying for their kids. What you chose to allow them to play is completely up to you. It's a glorified Parental Guidance sticker. If you believe your son is intelligent enough to understand entertainment vs reality then I shouldn't think it's an issue. 

@topic: A lot of you seem to be forgetting that GTA is brilliant for a million other things that isn't violence or guns. Yeah it's a big part but flying around the world, exploring, trying the different vehicles, racing, swimming exploring. To suggest to just go play a truck simulator is lazy at best. :)

OP, has a good point. Ship the same game everywhere but you can have the option for parental controls: 

Beheadings: off

Prostitution: Off

etc etc

JohnDonovan
  • JohnDonovan

I'm a hairy slag with spunky attitude you cheeky c*nt

• BUSTED!
  • Myanmar

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:51 PM Edited by JohnDonovan, 16 December 2016 - 10:53 PM.

Eh GTA is a violent crime game what do you expect? the hint is in the title...GRAND THEFT AUTO.

f*cking turning off 18+ content is honestly the biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard.

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Snap Battle Season 3 Winner [X360]
    The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:14 AM

I entered the thread hoping this would be a troll thread.. but I was left a bit disappointed. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users