Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod

88 replies to this topic
GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:58 PM

my game is crashing after I gave beta files to rename original files of the game..

Did you patch your game to version 1.1 before installing?

As to everyone: Sorry for the M.I.A, I've been very busy with my personal life and the development of the mod has been paused for a while now. Doesn't mean we're cancelled, but we just don't have the time to work on the mod like we used to. 

Yep it is version 1.1

Odd... Where exactly does it crash?

Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Snitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:15 PM Edited by Martin4004, 19 February 2017 - 07:16 PM.

I have first mission and when I'm leaving the Callahan Bridge with 8-Ball game crash..

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

I have first mission and when I'm leaving the Callahan Bridge with 8-Ball game crash..

If you have the retail version of GTA 3, re-install the game, patch it to 1.1, run the game so the textures can be optimized with the graphics card, play the game a little. Then, close the game and install the mod. We notice the problem is people is patching the game to 1.1 and install the mod before converting the textures to the graphics card. 

Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Snitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:33 AM

If you have the retail version of GTA 3, re-install the game, patch it to 1.1, run the game so the textures can be optimized with the graphics card, play the game a little. Then, close the game and install the mod. We notice the problem is people is patching the game to 1.1 and install the mod before converting the textures to the graphics card. 

I have version 1.1 after install already and after this I installed mod

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:42 AM

After installing game and patching it to 1.1, did you run the game so it can convert the textures to the graphics card?

Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Snitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:40 AM

After installing game and patching it to 1.1, did you run the game so it can convert the textures to the graphics card?

After installing the game IS on 1.1 version so what's the point of patching it to 1.1?

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:07 AM

After installing the game IS on 1.1 version so what's the point of patching it to 1.1?

You have the Steam version I assume? The mod does have some trouble with the steam version, we suggest the retail copy. 

Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Snitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:48 AM

You have the Steam version I assume? The mod does have some trouble with the steam version, we suggest the retail copy. 

No,it's normal version,not Steam version.I don't know why it crashes

MessingWithTheMan
  • MessingWithTheMan

Damn , that nigga f*cked up!

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

I saw that mod and I REALLY liked it and I've noticed something: the blue radar would fit better to the HUD :p

MessingWithTheMan
  • MessingWithTheMan

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

I saw that mod and I REALLY liked it and I've noticed something: the blue radar would fit better to the HUD :p

I also have the XBOX Mod loaded on my GTAIII. Will it still work after I load the mod? (I don't care if the XBOX Mod works,I'll have a backup. I care about the BETA Mod)

Jimmy
  • Jimmy

• Best Jimmys
  • India
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster in Movies / TV 2017
    Best Jimmy
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

I can't seem to be able to load the game. The game crashes after the GTATitles Video. Any ideas what could be causing this? I've installed the mod properly, more than once.

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

Hi all, 

Sorry for being so silent, life is kicking my ass. Ever since our last announcement, we were working on updating the mod, then things just slowed down. I started to have less and less time to work on the mod, not even enough time to talk to Dan. There has been no work done for the mod for the past two months. My time schedule is all messed up to the point I don't have anytime to work on the mod now. Rest assure, it's not cancelled. The mod will remain active, but on pause. We will eventually come back to it real soon. 

Jimmy
  • Jimmy

• Best Jimmys
  • India
    Best Jimmy

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:11 PM

Maybe you could still address the crash I posted above. It'd be nice to get the mod running at least.

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:22 AM

Maybe you could still address the crash I posted above. It'd be nice to get the mod running at least.

After installing the main download, did you apply the patch? Also the mod includes a new main.scm so you will have to start a new game. Did you try deleting your GTA3 User Files folder as well?

Jimmy
  • Jimmy

• Best Jimmys
  • India
    Best Jimmy

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:26 AM

After installing the main download, did you apply the patch? Also the mod includes a new main.scm so you will have to start a new game. Did you try deleting your GTA3 User Files folder as well?

Yes, I did everything you mentioned above. The exe doesn't even let me load the menu. It crashes after loading the GTATitles and GTALogo.

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:31 AM

Hi everyone, 

Happy New Year! As you know, I've been gone since May 2017. The reason of my departure is because things got heavy here. I wasn't getting much time to work on the mods. I had so much sh*t going on. 

Another major reason for my departure is like what Dan said, I'm a "busta." Dan and I didn't left in bad terms, I just vanished and didn't explain to him anything that was going on. The one thing that stopped me was my bad reputation from the past (2014) after the release of the sh*tty Alpha Version Mod 2.0. But in 2016, I made a comeback to reboot the Beta Version Mod which was a mod that we recreated and follow GTA 3 beta that was shown at e3 2001. It turned out very successful, but then, one thing happened.. in early 2017, in the middle of developing a fix version of Alpha Version Mod (which dan is doing now), things turned upside down again. I was receiving major backlashes and threats. I couldn't handle any critics... I lost hope for the mods. Not only I lost hope, I was getting a tight schedule in my personal life that I didn't have anytime to work on the mods anymore. I just said f*ck it all and vanished. And I am a busta for not mentioning anything to Dan. Dan was a modder who was trying to put a name out for himself and learning how to mod at the time. But he did one heck of a job and I appreciated him and respect him for all his hard work. As you know now, 
GTA 3 Alpha Version Mod is back, but none of the work was done by me, it was all Dan and the two other modders he's working with. 

As for I you may ask? This busta is making a comeback and Grand Theft Auto III Beta Version Mod will be back in development (only if you guys want me to).  I will work on the mod alone unless Dan wants join forces again or anybody would be great. I'm going to continue and resume development where I left off. 

Thank you all..

Much love,

MeltedSOX

• Mr. Myriad, GeneralSteve93, CarsonGT and 2 others like this

bokiking
  • bokiking

Player Hater

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

when im starting it says insert disc 2....

CoolMods
  • CoolMods

G Street

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Romania

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:16 PM

i think this mod is a modpack like all the beta mods you relased

CarsonGT
  • CarsonGT

law & order: special victims unit

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V Beta Hunt]

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:28 PM

http://gtaforums.com...t-finished-yet/

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg
  • R4gN0r0K, Jinx., Letus and 5 others like this

CoolMods
  • CoolMods

G Street

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Romania

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:49 AM

My god, ignore that f*cking sh*t, i didn't even read the rules when i posted that bullsh*t.

xxnooblyxx
  • xxnooblyxx

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:31 PM Edited by xxnooblyxx, 11 March 2018 - 09:32 PM.

Hi everyone, 

Happy New Year! As you know, I've been gone since May 2017. The reason of my departure is because things got heavy here. I wasn't getting much time to work on the mods. I had so much sh*t going on. 

Another major reason for my departure is like what Dan said, I'm a "busta." Dan and I didn't left in bad terms, I just vanished and didn't explain to him anything that was going on. The one thing that stopped me was my bad reputation from the past (2014) after the release of the sh*tty Alpha Version Mod 2.0. But in 2016, I made a comeback to reboot the Beta Version Mod which was a mod that we recreated and follow GTA 3 beta that was shown at e3 2001. It turned out very successful, but then, one thing happened.. in early 2017, in the middle of developing a fix version of Alpha Version Mod (which dan is doing now), things turned upside down again. I was receiving major backlashes and threats. I couldn't handle any critics... I lost hope for the mods. Not only I lost hope, I was getting a tight schedule in my personal life that I didn't have anytime to work on the mods anymore. I just said f*ck it all and vanished. And I am a busta for not mentioning anything to Dan. Dan was a modder who was trying to put a name out for himself and learning how to mod at the time. But he did one heck of a job and I appreciated him and respect him for all his hard work. As you know now, 
GTA 3 Alpha Version Mod is back, but none of the work was done by me, it was all Dan and the two other modders he's working with. 

As for I you may ask? This busta is making a comeback and Grand Theft Auto III Beta Version Mod will be back in development (only if you guys want me to).  I will work on the mod alone unless Dan wants join forces again or anybody would be great. I'm going to continue and resume development where I left off. 

Thank you all..

Much love,

MeltedSOX

well, i'm happy to see that your still trying and moving forward, you may not have had the greatest reputation, but i wish you good luck.

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:12 AM Edited by GTABetaVersionModDev, 12 March 2018 - 12:14 AM.

well, i'm happy to see that your still trying and moving forward, you may not have had the greatest reputation, but i wish you good luck.

Thank you! The mod might not even see the light of day because of my bad reputation. Plus, it seems people are just not interested anymore. The hype of beta mods (GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas) is slowly fading out. 

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:20 AM Edited by GTABetaVersionModDev, 12 March 2018 - 12:21 AM.

when im starting it says insert disc 2....

Before you install the mod, please make sure you've installed patch 1.1 to a clean install of GTA 3. 

My god, ignore that f*cking sh*t, i didn't even read the rules when i posted that bullsh*t.

No hard feelings. Please make sure not to steal anyone's work again. Just ask :D

Speedy_Gonzalez
  • Speedy_Gonzalez

Player Hater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah i download this mod and see what's new.. But i like the Beta Style of GTA III

Suggestion : Can you please add more details from E3 2001?

:r*: IS THE BEST

:r*: IS THE BEST

Speedy_Gonzalez
  • Speedy_Gonzalez

Player Hater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 3 weeks ago

Where i can download the 2.0 version?

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago Edited by GTABetaVersionModDev, 6 days ago.

Where i can download the 2.0 version?

Very sorry for the late reply. 

Version 2.0 has not been released yet, I was working on it alone, but development has come to a complete halt. As reading forums and YouTube comments, no one is passionate about the GTA Beta Mods anymore. I do, however, have another project in mind away from GTA beta mods. I'm doing research for a new beta mod project I have in mind that has nothing to do with GTA, but, a well-beloved game that was released by Rockstar back in 2006. 

Hamit
  • Hamit

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 2 days ago

hey mod death

CoolMods
  • CoolMods

G Street

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Romania

Posted A day ago

hey mod death

Jesus christ, YOU AGAIN? Spamming all the f*cking mods with "hey mod death" since the authors have life going on unlike you with your bad grammar.

• R4gN0r0K and MessingWithTheMan like this

MessingWithTheMan
  • MessingWithTheMan

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 22 hours ago

hey mod death

Jesus christ, YOU AGAIN? Spamming all the f*cking mods with "hey mod death" since the authors have life going on unlike you with your bad grammar.

Yes, please stop spamming this. If the mod is dead, then the actual developer says that.

• CoolMods likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users