Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic
GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:41 AM Edited by GTABetaVersionModDev, 21 December 2016 - 11:42 PM.

WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL THREAD OF THE GRAND THEFT AUTO: BETA VERSION MOD

Greetings everyone,

Thank you for visiting the thread. I am proud to announce that the Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod is now available to download . In this mod, we have followed and recreated all the key features (down below) of the GTA 3 Beta that was shown at E32001. This mod is a complete reboot for the GTA Beta Version Mod series. Please bear in mind, since the team is very small at the moment, the release of the mod only focused on key features. We will definitely keep updating the mod to make it accurate. The mod has been in a 3 months development cycle, which Dan and I are happy with the results. We hope you enjoy the mod, and we're  looking forward to your feedbacks.

Download

Download Link: http://www.mediafire... Mod (2016).rar

Update 1.1 Download link: https://www.mediafir...8swlklt9b7s8q38

Please keep in mind, Grand Theft Auto III is required to play and patched to 1.1 before installing the mod.

Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod Features:

Beta Timecyc (beta skies)

Beta Hud and Colors

Beta vehicles and Colors

Beta Textures

Beta Animations

Beta Claude

Beta Effects

Destructible Airplanes

"Back To The Streets" - Tom Novy

"Wash Him Off" - Marydancin

"Carry Me Off" - Conor & Jay

Map Changes on both Portland and Stauton

What's new in Update 1.1

Spoiler

Official Screenshots

Spoiler

Update 1.1 Official Screenshots

Spoiler

Official Gameplay Video (done by Dan131)

MeltedSOX (Leader)
Dan131 (Mod Advisor)

Special thanks & credits to..

Lazlow1 - For GTA III Alternative
Silent - For Destroyable Airtrains and SilentPatch
Mr. Jinx - For Beta Claude model

aztecas5 & Mr. Jinx - For Hachura (Idaho) and Blista cars

Special thanks to Alex, the first person EVER to create a GTA 3 beta mod. 

http://gta3beta.boards-directory.com

https://www.facebook.com/GTABVM

• Jinx., anthony, Mega and 11 others like this

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:40 AM Edited by Sergiu, 10 December 2016 - 11:54 AM.

Just a heads up, the timecyc Filip has released is actually a remake. Not the best at that either.
We have another user on the forums, The Hero, who has compared and created his own remake which is way more accurate, comparing each frame of the trailer's transitions. The particles are also messed up as TXD Workshop can't handle 16 bit textures (fog particle really stood out).

The Diablo heads can be found in peds.dff and the actual beta tree texture is still in the files. Alex's Triad model is completely off and his buildings lack prelight so you'd probably be better off redoing them from scratch.

Apart from those hesitations, nice work. Especially the HUD. The retextures are okay and the PS2 animations look right with the early beta Claude model. The map changes in Staunton are solid and accurate, I appreciate that! The car colors are also quite a decent job.

Good luck to you and your team and may any previous animosities go away. :)
  • Mr. Jago, Mega, //XP// and 8 others like this

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:39 PM

Just a heads up, the timecyc Filip has released is actually a remake. Not the best at that either.
We have another user on the forums, The Hero, who has compared and created his own remake which is way more accurate, comparing each frame of the trailer's transitions. The particles are also messed up as TXD Workshop can't handle 16 bit textures (fog particle really stood out).

The Diablo heads can be found in peds.dff and the actual beta tree texture is still in the files. Alex's Triad model is completely off and his buildings lack prelight so you'd probably be better off redoing them from scratch.

Apart from those hesitations, nice work. Especially the HUD. The retextures are okay and the PS2 animations look right with the early beta Claude model. The map changes in Staunton are solid and accurate, I appreciate that! The car colors are also quite a decent job.

Good luck to you and your team and may any previous animosities go away. :)

Hey Sergiu, great to hear from you again. Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words. We've been following up on your mod as well, we dig it! Cannot wait to play. 

• Mr. Jago, Mega, Letus and 2 others like this

BeingARK
  • BeingARK

Black

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:43 PM

I was actually going to suggest you to post your mod here, Melted. But seems like I don't have to. Looking forward to it!

• GTABetaVersionModDev likes this

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:03 PM

I was actually going to suggest you to post your mod here, Melted. But seems like I don't have to. Looking forward to it!

We've been planning on coming to gtaforums for quite a while now. We're excited to be here again. Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the mod.
  • BeingARK likes this

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:53 PM

Well I'm glad to see this mod is still alive.

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:41 PM Edited by GTABetaVersionModDev, 12 December 2016 - 05:41 PM.

Well I'm glad to see this mod is still alive.

It was for 2 years. We recently just came back in September, which marked the 4 year anniversary.

ernestin1
  • ernestin1

Its like World War VIII!

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:12 PM

it has beta dodo flying path? vadim already moded it

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:26 AM Edited by GTABetaVersionModDev, 14 December 2016 - 03:33 AM.

it has beta dodo flying path? vadim already moded it

Yes, the mod contains the beta dodo path. 

Update: Information about Update 1.1 has been posted above.

Dacia
  • Dacia

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:11 AM

Glad to see this finally coming to gtaforums! I was the one who did it as well, thanks so much for mentioning me.

If you still need any help, im ready as i have free time now.

Respectfully,

Dacia.

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:00 AM

Glad to see this finally coming to gtaforums! I was the one who did it as well, thanks so much for mentioning me.
If you still need any help, im ready as i have free time now.

Respectfully,
Dacia.

Hey!!! It's not "coming" to gtaforums, it's already here. :D :D

If you want to help contribute to the mod, just let us know. You don't necessarily have to join the team, anyone is open to help. Just shoot me a message.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you're enjoying the mod!

- MeltedSOX

Dacia
  • Dacia

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:31 PM

The mod's awesome, just a few alpha cars missing. For ex. the Space or Hachura.

Otherwise,the mod it's nice.

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:21 PM

Those cars are in the mod already. We're constantly updating the mod to make it as accurate as possible. We've mainly focused on the main big things like the map in the first build. We're working on new stuff for update 1.1 (we posted the featured above). Plus we've made some bug fixes.

Dacia
  • Dacia

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:24 AM

Those cars are in the mod already. We're constantly updating the mod to make it as accurate as possible. We've mainly focused on the main big things like the map in the first build. We're working on new stuff for update 1.1 (we posted the featured above). Plus we've made some bug fixes.

Well if you say so, (no hate intended) but i played the mod and there's just the normal Idaho, i don't know what to say.

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

Well if you say so, (no hate intended) but i played the mod and there's just the normal Idaho, i don't know what to say.

We didn't make changes to that one. But as stated before, we're constantly going to work on updates for the mod.

Please be patient.
  • Dacia likes this

Dacia
  • Dacia

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:01 PM

I understand that and im patient, my point was, there was no E3 car in the mod right now. The supposed Space you said earlier isn't in the game at all, So i didn't understood.

Thanks for the clarificaition though. ;)

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:21 PM Edited by GTABetaVersionModDev, 17 December 2016 - 06:59 PM.

New screenshots of update 1.1 has been posted. Also Dan131 also created a nice gameplay video which detailed every aspect of the mod. We will release exclusive screenshots for gtaforums soon...

• Sergiu likes this

Daitojo97
  • Daitojo97

Thug

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:41 PM Edited by Daitojo97, 17 December 2016 - 08:43 PM.

Just a suggestion aren't you going a little bit overkill on the cartoony style I mean it's cartoony but it's not that cartoony.

And if you know how to edit vehicles and actually modify them in 3dsmax try to play around with the materials and it's bodymap texture.

As for most of the atmosphere the Timecycle plays a big role.

gta3_29.jpg

• Chase2002 likes this

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

The E3 phase of GTA 3 was pretty gritty.
  • Jinx., Z i X, Chase2002 and 1 other like this

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:20 PM Edited by GTABetaVersionModDev, 17 December 2016 - 09:20 PM.

Just a suggestion aren't you going a little bit overkill on the cartoony style I mean it's cartoony but it's not that cartoony.

And if you know how to edit vehicles and actually modify them in 3dsmax try to play around with the materials and it's bodymap texture.

As for most of the atmosphere the Timecycle plays a big role.

We're not going for the cartoony feel, and we'd never stated that. Where did you get that from? 

We're following actual gameplay clips and screenshots of gta 3 during e3 2001. The picture you showed me is an alpha build of GTA 3, not the beta. The timecyc is a little off and needs some more work done it. 

Daitojo97
  • Daitojo97

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:25 PM Edited by Daitojo97, 17 December 2016 - 09:29 PM.

Ok so your following the E3 version I like and appreciate what you've done so far but you could improve on a couple of things like graphic wise try to go with a high contrast reflection on the cars and try to tinker with the Timecyc other than that the E3 had several versions displayed as far as I know.

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:37 PM Edited by GTABetaVersionModDev, 18 December 2016 - 05:39 PM.

Ok so your following the E3 version I like and appreciate what you've done so far but you could improve on a couple of things like graphic wise try to go with a high contrast reflection on the cars and try to tinker with the Timecyc other than that the E3 had several versions displayed as far as I know.

We're working on a few things to improve the look of the mod. The mod look cartoonish in the trailer cause' we added color to the video. In actual gameplay, it doesn't look cartoonish. We follow your suggestion and already working on the timecyc. As for the reflection, we're kind of figuring it out at this moment. We do not want to use ENB. We still have a lot to share after the release of this update. Thanks for sharing your feedback. :)

• Daitojo97 likes this

Daitojo97
  • Daitojo97

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:49 PM

Melted the key to get the beta look on the cars is body map textures, high contrast/blurred reflection01 texture and custom material settings [3ds] try to play around with that and I'm sure you'll get a proper result. :)

Matt1010
  • Matt1010

You got the point.

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

Amazing, just amazing.

By the way, do note that the sniper scope looks more like this:
PVbqHR0.png

I don't know how to say it, but it looks "less circled"?

• Z i X, Ivan1997GTA, Chase2002 and 1 other like this

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:26 AM Edited by GTABetaVersionModDev, 19 December 2016 - 12:28 AM.

Amazing, just amazing.By the way, do note that the sniper scope looks more like this:PVbqHR0.pngI don't know how to say it, but it looks "less circled"?

Thanks for letting us know. We will take note. :)

Melted the key to get the beta look on the cars is body map textures, high contrast/blurred reflection01 texture and custom material settings [3ds] try to play around with that and I'm sure you'll get a proper result. :)

Thanks for the tip! :)
  • Matt1010 and Daitojo97 like this

Daitojo97
  • Daitojo97

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:32 AM

Just a matter of experimenting and eventually you'll get that legit E3 look! ;)

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:31 AM Edited by GTABetaVersionModDev, 21 December 2016 - 06:48 AM.

We're proud to announce Update 1.1 is now available for download! We've also posted exclusive screenshots for gtaforums in the "Update 1.1 Official Screenshots" tab. Bear in mind, the update includes a new main.scm, so you will need to start a fresh new game. Old saves will not work. 

:santa:  :santa: Enjoy and Happy Holidays!  :santa:  :santa:
  • Z i X, Ruvix and Perkele6666 like this

Perkele6666
  • Perkele6666

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:57 AM

Merry christmas and happy holidays.

GTABetaVersionModDev
  • GTABetaVersionModDev

MeltedSOX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:50 AM

Merry christmas and happy holidays.

Thanks. :)
  • Perkele6666 likes this

Matt1010
  • Matt1010

You got the point.

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:55 PM Edited by Matt1010, 21 December 2016 - 01:57 PM.

Nice update!
and by the way, there was a pole(?) at Luigi's Club. (I guess it's a pole...)

9qa6BRX.png

• Letus, Z i X, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users