Render Settings for Sony Vegas Pro 13

6 replies to this topic
Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:33 PM

I need help, when I record game play of GTA V on either PC or Xbox One, the quality is fine,but when I want to edit things, like make cuts, add text etc and then render, the quality seems to have decreased a bit. I use the settings of what this guy uses on YouTube; 

I think my render settings are OK, could it have something to do with what Video FX's I use? What do you all recommend for me???

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:36 PM

If you're recording using Fraps that records to uncompressed .AVI files hence why the quality looks better on those and also results in a larger filesize. When you render it out as say a 1080P MP4 there's some compression involved hence the quality drop but also lower filesizes. You can try upping the bitrate in the render settings, or look into something like Lagarith Lossless video rendering or x265.

Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:49 PM

If you're recording using Fraps that records to uncompressed .AVI files hence why the quality looks better on those and also results in a larger filesize. When you render it out as say a 1080P MP4 there's some compression involved hence the quality drop but also lower filesizes. You can try upping the bitrate in the render settings, or look into something like Lagarith Lossless video rendering or x265.

Forgot to mention, when I record PC footage, I use Shadow Play (Nivedia's recording software)

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

The compression will happen regardless of the input source, as I said up the bitrate of the render or look into a lossless codec. Note that upping the bitrate is quicker but results in larger filesizes, whereas using something like the Lagarith codec and encoding it to an .MKV takes longer but results in smaller filesizes.

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:23 PM

Using Vegas Platinum 11 I always output in AVCHD 1920x1080, takes a bit longer to render out than MP4 files but I've not noticed a quality drop.

That's taken from the PS4 internal recording

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:01 PM

If you're uploading it to YouTube, they're going to compress it anyway, so there's only so much you can do.

Preferred video codec for YT is H.264.  Vegas, however, doesn't come with a good H.264 codec by default, so you'll need to download one.

• Dealux likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:23 PM

You can never render a video at the same quality as it's original file as that would require a huge bitrate. Even if you did encode it at a huge bitrate, once you uploaded it to YouTube, a lot of compression would still happen, because YT is pretty atrocious with videos below 1080p60.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users