R* Verified Stunt Races

25 replies to this topic
sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:03 PM

Since they announced this competition back in September(?) nothing was ever said about it again.

I figured they just swept quietly under the rug and forgot about it.

But no - R* have verified 5 stunt races and they're up for play on all platforms.

Copngrats to all who got verified - that $8m will do just nicely for the ImportExport DLC!!

Anyone had a go yet? Are they any good?

I'm not salty mine didn't get picked. Not at all.

• UniqueAsh and Damned_Hitman like this

REXX
  • REXX

The guy who wants catsuits and a Railgun. Rexx | Alexa

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:49 PM

I love how they let us know :/

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

‏ ‏

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

those races are such garbage, it's not even funny.
  • Halal Cyborg, HiBerg, sleepwalk1980 and 3 others like this

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:40 PM

Rocket cars...sounds like a nod to the forthcoming update 😂
  • Sinner's Rise likes this

Action_Andy
  • Action_Andy

Snitch

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:51 PM Edited by Action_Andy, 07 December 2016 - 08:12 PM.

And all 5 are for supers ... What am I supposed to do with my Coupes, Sedans or Classic Sports Cars again?

The tracks are very meh too ... Curb boosting for the win ...

There are much better user-created Stunt races out there. I really don't know what the criteria are to get verified by Rockstar.

Edit:

Forget about my nagging above. I'm a World Record holder now! Woohoo! On first try, haha.

duzjK6k.jpg

Hazzardtohimself
  • Hazzardtohimself

Terrible driver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:06 PM

In order to get verified by Rockstar, you can't show them up at their own game.

Therefore (or at least judging by these tracks) your creations have to be less impressive than the Rockstar Created jobs / races.

And locked to Supers.

And use prop snapping for at least 90% of the track.

• sleepwalk1980 and aliceg94 like this

Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

Jehovah's Witness of Free Aim

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:55 PM

Verifying something, is better than verifying nothing.

Will give them a try sometime.

• UniqueAsh and PhoGarrett like this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:09 AM

I'm going to try them but they do look like garbage. Just from the photos they've taken they look boring.

teltow
  • teltow

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:47 PM Edited by teltow, 08 December 2016 - 03:57 PM.

There are much better user-created Stunt races out there. I really don't know what the criteria are to get verified by Rockstar

Must be as boring as their own races? =))
Just kidding. Many R* races (stunt and non-stunt) are quite good actually.

And to the verified players: congrats! This is nice. I will not only take a look at the verified races but at the other creations of the winners too.

Nevertheless, I generally find more pleasure in player-created jobs than the R* or R* verified stuff and not one of the verified jobs would be in my imaginary top 100 job list until now. I always thought that on the PC side of the game one or more of SubZero87's races would be ideal for R* to verify. Or one of Mistral_Heister, Maccian or mattc420 (could go on and on). All of them are very well build and exciting but not too crazy. They should let me verify the jobs, that would solve the problem =))

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

Formally known as dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

Here's to more verified jobs in the future and less Adversary Modes.
  • raymond_calitri likes this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

Tried them out and they are very generic. Typical R* inspired tracks. Lots of prop snapping and obvious layouts.

Use a bit of everything and smash it together seems to be the thought process here.

One is pretty good (Black & Yellow) but the others are quite forgettable and one of them is just horrible, doesn't flow, badly put together, no thought behind it.

I know the staggering quality and outside-the-box creativeness of some creators - and if this is what R* decided to verify after they tested "each and every" submission, then I can only assume they picked tracks that wouldn't show them up.

Of course these are my opinions and you are welcome to argue for/against as you see fit.

• Hazzardtohimself, UniqueAsh and Mr. Larson like this

Hazzardtohimself
  • Hazzardtohimself

Terrible driver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:17 PM

Completely agree with you sleepwalk1980 :^: 

I did have another thought (I get too many of those) that maybe R* picked basic, easy-snap tracks so that they could easily remake them for all platforms using their in-house team. Let's be honest, most creators worth their salt know how to circumvent creator restrictions to make proper tracks... but maybe the R* team just aren't that savvy.

• UniqueAsh and sleepwalk1980 like this

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

"AKA The Bhoys2011" Rockstar Verified

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:58 PM

It is what it is i guess you could say.

Well done and congratulations to the winners, looked at the images and seeing that ZERO EFFORT has been put towards the 'ACTUAL THOUGHT PROCESS' of creating a well rounded stunt i certainly won't be playing these. All just slapped together, sorry but that's the FACTS.

On that note i couldn't care less what they do with the game from here on in, I'm still scratching my head for f*cksakes!

Thankfully i don't play the game and don't expect anything else from me in terms of creator f*ck it! actually what a pathetic waste of time and most worryingly Wasted Talent.

Merry Xmas x
  • Hazzardtohimself, Tails Prower, sleepwalk1980 and 1 other like this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:26 PM Edited by tails_prower_2040, 09 December 2016 - 11:57 PM.

I actually entered the contest for once as I made 6 different tracks that were submitted across different parts of the

game map, took me about two weeks work but I have to say I think my tracks probably came up better than these

though I did get some run off tips from Black and Yellow that I had not thought about before.

I'll add them to the PS4 tracks thread soon.

Unsurprisingly none of mine got picked but I was not expecting to win though it would have been a nice surprise if I did.

Having played all five of these stunt tracks they are clearly not well play tested as I found a couple of bugs/crash

related issues on my first try that if the creators had actually tested them before hand they could have corrected

their tracks.

However it seems Rockstar were only looking for a mix of combining the stunt track with the actual game map itself as a

lot of these tracks are basically mixed stunt track pieces with the regular map and I have to say I thought the actual

piecing together was pretty shocking as there is some bad angled track pieces that clash with the actual game map

etc and the colours on some would probably drive me colour blind.

We can only hope that maybe they might verify some decent races at some stage but I doubt it.

• Hazzardtohimself, UniqueAsh and sleepwalk1980 like this

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:08 AM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don't get too wrapped up about the fake 8 million dollars you guys misses out on.
  • sleepwalk1980 likes this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:33 AM

I heard ya, but the problem for me lies in the fact that this game has some truly talented creators and some staggeringly good jobs out there and yet R*'s stubborn refusal to recognise that is quite frustrating.

• Hazzardtohimself, UniqueAsh and REXX like this

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

If Rockstar Verified them then the community should still respect their decisions and the creators if you can't do that then you should take a look at yourself. I'm certainly not saying these jobs are not good don't get me wrong, i still have not played them but i have seen videos and images of all the jobs, i have to be honest i wasn't impressed with what i know in creator and what I've played across the community prior. I'd like to stress my issue comes not just with this competition in itself but with lots of other things in the community right now which to be honest I'm completely pissed off by, i don't need to say no more those who know of me or have played with me know why I'm pissed. It has something to do with what happened in August, ill say no more.

What i meant by 'ZERO THOUGHT PROCESS' was in terms of prop work, use of the advanced creator tool and not just the race itself. Yes the race itself is the main focus but one thing i hate is seeing props just slapped in the air with no thought behind them, it look's horrible and there are really no excuses now we have to advanced tool as a option. I think those creators who demonstrated adding to their creative talents and full use of the creator tool deserve just that little bit more recognition for their overall efforts as it would of 100% required more effort and thought.

I got mad respect for Rockstar they have done a lot for me and always supported what i do i cant thank them enough for that but I'm one of very few people in the community right now that will speak up if he's not entirely happy with where he see's the game going or currently is. too many people in life just accept things rather than challenge for better and you bet your bottom dollar ill always push for the best as far as GTA Online is concerned.

People can call me a c*nt, a asshole this that and the other none of it effects me ultimately because at heart my main concern is the game first and foremost not personal ego's, fake friendships and deluded bullsh*t.

Sleepwalk good on you for speaking up a little, its these discussions that Rockstar need to see to benefit other left behind parts of the community i.e Combat. Listen its not all doom and gloom one thing Rockstar did do which i though they wouldn't was add the stunt prop's to combat modes, so you guys still can get creative :) so there's one positive to take from some disappointment at least.

Here's to hoping they continue verifying jobs in other modes with the use of these new props, that would at least give a bit of much needed motivation to that side of the community.

Good luck fellow creators :)

Mr. Larson
  • Mr. Larson

Homeboy

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:22 PM

Here's to hoping they continue verifying jobs in other modes with the use of these new props, that would at least give a bit of much needed motivation to that side of the community.

No. I wanted this for 1 1/2 years, I actually mailed them a lot and told them CS is a good opportunity to do it again, but after having a look at those five jobs, I honestly want R* to remove all verified stuff from the game. They don't do it right, they don't have standards, quality assurance, nothing. With the new props, prop limit and options, the creator community should finally let it go and threat R* like they get threated by them. Ignore them.  

• sleepwalk1980 likes this

Race-n-Chase
  • Race-n-Chase

Geobsedeerd.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:28 PM

I was very happy when they announced the competition for verified races back in september because it became pretty boring to play the same stunt races over and over again. After a long, long wait they finally verified 5 races so I was pretty hyped for them and immediately checked them out via the playlist. I have to admit I expected them to be a lot better and diverse, but what's annoying me the most is that they don't show up on the voting screen after R*'s own stunt races :( Now it's still only the old races to play if you want to race with a decent amount of other players... With regular (non-stunt) verified races, they were added to the voting screen. Despite the fact these new verified races aren't the best, I hope they will fix this so stunt racing will be at least a BIT more interesting again.
  • UniqueAsh and PhoGarrett like this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:47 PM

I was very happy when they announced the competition for verified races back in september because it became pretty boring to play the same stunt races over and over again. After a long, long wait they finally verified 5 races so I was pretty hyped for them and immediately checked them out via the playlist. I have to admit I expected them to be a lot better and diverse, but what's annoying me the most is that they don't show up on the voting screen after R*'s own stunt races :( Now it's still only the old races to play if you want to race with a decent amount of other players... With regular (non-stunt) verified races, they were added to the voting screen. Despite the fact these new verified races aren't the best, I hope they will fix this so stunt racing will be at least a BIT more interesting again.

I believe verified jobs only appear on Page 2 of the vote screen if you click refresh but the pictures are all broken at the moment since the update so it'd be hard

to tell if it's one of the new jobs.

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

No. I wanted this for 1 1/2 years, I actually mailed them a lot and told them CS is a good opportunity to do it again, but after having a look at those five jobs, I honestly want R* to remove all verified stuff from the game. They don't do it right, they don't have standards, quality assurance, nothing. With the new props, prop limit and options, the creator community should finally let it go and threat R* like they get threated by them. Ignore them.  

You want some PEPPER with that SIR MR.LARSON?

Do yourself a respectable favour and kindly take your deluded bullsh*t comment back to the whole of the crew it quite clearly came out of. 

Absolutely ridiculous and if you think e-mailing them works especially when it's about the same things repetitively then you 100% in the wrong crew. Period. actually your dreaming if you think what you just said is justifiable. 

So you create better jobs do you big man? Prove it to me, show me, engage me, enlighten me instead of coming here talking sh*t

Mr. Larson
  • Mr. Larson

Homeboy

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:16 AM

[/quote]

Do yourself a respectable favour and kindly take your deluded bullsh*t comment back to the whole of the crew it quite clearly came out of. 

Absolutely ridiculous and if you think e-mailing them works especially when it's about the same things repetitively then you 100% in the wrong crew. Period. actually your dreaming if you think what you just said is justifiable. 

So you create better jobs do you big man? Prove it to me, show me, engage me, enlighten me instead of coming here talking sh*t[/quote]
Do yourself a favour and take your issues with GCCC to your psychiatrist. Getting a job verified by R* means nothing. In fact, 95% of the jobs ever gotten verified are garbage. You are nothing special and the more you claim you are, the more it shows all you have is special needs. All the crying about GCCC, certain people in the crew and how you demand respect for playing a videogame, just makes you look like a pathetic loser.

Get mad again, smash some furniture, I couldn't care less. I've tried to calm you down when you started to get mental over absolutely nothing and that's it. A few people told you to shut up, you didn't, you got kicked. Simple. Nothing worth a discussion really.

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:44 AM

[/quote]

So you create better jobs do you big man? Prove it to me, show me, engage me, enlighten me instead of coming here talking sh*t[/quote]
Do yourself a favour and take your issues with GCCC to your psychiatrist. Getting a job verified by R* means nothing. In fact, 95% of the jobs ever gotten verified are garbage. You are nothing special and the more you claim you are, the more it shows all you have is special needs. All the crying about GCCC, certain people in the crew and how you demand respect for playing a videogame, just makes you look like a pathetic loser.

Get mad again, smash some furniture, I couldn't care less. I've tried to calm you down when you started to get mental over absolutely nothing and that's it. A few people told you to shut up, you didn't, you got kicked. Simple. Nothing worth a discussion really.

Ladies, ladies, you're both pretty.

• UniqueAsh likes this

Mr. Larson
  • Mr. Larson

Homeboy

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:56 PM

I got better tits tho.
  • UniqueAsh and sleepwalk1980 like this

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett