Photo

[CLEO] 2-Player Mode Enhancements

SA Released
51 replies to this topic
Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:38 AM Edited by Marsi4eg, 23 September 2017 - 10:26 AM.

San Andreas 2-Player Mode Enhancements

WHAT IS THIS:

This is a pack of native PS2 two-player 'missions' that were cut from PC version.

Those scripts are re-implemented like they were in vanilla game, but as standalone CLEO scripts.

Also there are some scripts that were written to extend native PS2 cooperative experience on PC.

MAIN FEATURES:

- Second player now has an armor, if the main player has it at mode start.
- Second player now has SF fight school melle attacks, instead of default.
- Second player now has a white marker and it shows on radar*.
- Distance between players is set to it's maximal value.
- Ability to toggle 'Deathmatch mode' ingame to make players able to target each other.
- Ability to toggle vehicle entering modes - players can sit to the same car or to different cars.
- New amazing comfortable camera view when driving separate vehicles! Now it's fully playable**.
- A player on the passenger seat doesn't perform a drive-by by default. Now it's a hotkey to toggle drive-by!
- Adjusted text box when starting pool game, added a line that asks to press Start on second controller to play 2 player pool.
All included modes are fully untouched, except the fact that they are now CLEO scripts.

* - There's a known bug ingame, even in PS2 version - second player doesn't have a marker. Actually it appears, but it's tied to first player.
There's no ability to create a directional marker by using default opcodes without memory hacking. Unfortunatly I'm not so skilled in this,
so I'll be grateful if someone helps me with this
. Default square marker is a temporary solution for now.

** - This camera mode is the same as onfoot - topdown with ability to focus on eash player's car by pressing <select> button.
Now you finally can do some racing, flying two helicopters, and even planes!

HOW TO INSTALL:

Copy all contents of this archive to your CLEO directory in GTA San Andreas folder.
ATTENTION: there are two additional language files included - English (tplaye.fxt) and 'Wasted'Russian (tplayr.fxt).
You should take only one of these fxt files to your CLEO\CLEO_TEXT\ folder.

Almost every feature is a different module (script) so if you don't want any of them - just remove it from CLEO folder:
2pl_dm - Toggle 'Deathmatch mode'. Press Dpad Left + Right Stick while player is on-foot. Both gamepads supported, or ] on the keyboard, when at least one player is on-foot.
2pl_drivers - Toggle vehicle entering modes. Press Dpad Right + Right Stick while player is on-foot. Both gamepads supported, or [ on the keyboard, when at least one player is on-foot.
2pl_drvb_ctrl - Enhanced drive-by features. Press Right Stick while on passenger seat to toggle drive-by. Both gamepads supported, or Sub-mission key on the keyboard.
2pl_enh - Distance, marker and armor control.
2pl_help - Help text box. Shows ingame notifications about useful functions. Basically, the same that was described a few lines earlier.
2pl_veh_cam - Improved separate vehicles camera. Enabled by default and no way to disable it ingame.

Special version of "2pl_enh" script included with 2-player distance hack by skatefilter5. It disables distance limit between two players.
ATTENTION: second player will fall through the ground when further than generic objects draw distance - 300 units by default!
If you want to use this optional script with maximal distance hack - place 2pl_enh.cs file from the Distance Hack directory to CLEO folder.

DEPENDENCIES:

To use this mod you have to install CLEO 4.3 (http://cleo.li)
To make the game work with second player controls you have to use Silent's GInput plugin (http://gtaforums.com...c/562765-ginput)
I recommend you to use Widescreen fix by ThirteenAG and Wesser (http://gtaforums.com...een-fixes-pack/) even if you don't use widescreen monitor.
Also despite the mod is compatible with keyboard shortcuts and GInput gives an ability to use keyboard+pad, I highly recommend you to use two Xinput-compatible gamepads (Xbox 360 Controllers)
Actually you can use these enhancement scripts with every other custom coop modes, but be careful, they were tested only with default coop missions.

KNOWN ISSUES:

- When driving two separate vehicles - you will hear the engine sound only from the last obtained one. Nothing to do with this - game engine bug.
- When entering a vehicle as a passenger - you will see the drive-by animation for a moment. Script overwrites the basic behavior so it takes a millisecond to change player's "task".

SCREENSHOTS:

Spoiler

VIDEOS:

DOWNLOAD:

https://drive.google...Rl9ObFdyRFExbVU

• Wesser, -Anti-, B Dawg and 12 others like this

BobFromReboot
  • BobFromReboot

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

Is this mod it's own multiplayer mod? Or does it require 2-player mission loader or another 2 player mod to work?

• Blackbird88 likes this

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:44 PM

It's a 'standalone'. Only cleo and ginput required

read the 'Dependencies' section in the first post please

BobFromReboot
  • BobFromReboot

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:33 PM

Right it just threw me off because you say "native coop mode on PC" as if it were something already in there without mods.

• Marsi4eg and Blackbird88 like this

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:18 AM

Right it just threw me off because you say "native coop mode on PC" as if it were something already in there without mods.

I've made corrections to the information, it was really a chance to not understand properly

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

👉 👌

• Facade
  • Romania
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

Is it possible to make a version for SAxVCxLC too? It would be pretty rad to use 2 players on LC and VC too, along SA :)

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:02 AM

Now if you could change it to do split screen, so the players can branch off and go where ever they want, the two player mode would be fun.

• Light Syde Riandy likes this

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:41 AM Edited by Marsi4eg, 28 December 2016 - 10:43 AM.

Is it possible to make a version for SAxVCxLC too? It would be pretty rad to use 2 players on LC and VC too, along SA :)

I think you can try using coop missions for GTA United from here: http://gtaforums.com...issions-loader/and then just add my enhancement scripts to your cleo folder. I think it will work...
But as for supporting SAxVCxLC - I don't plan this.

Now if you could change it to do split screen, so the players can branch off and go where ever they want, the two player mode would be fun.

Split screen is not possible.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:37 PM Edited by B Dawg, 29 December 2016 - 05:39 PM.

I got a question, would it be possible to transfer On-Foot Targeting (Auto-Aim + Target Switching) onto Driveby Mode, basically the way AI buddies shoot? Normally, unless Player 1 stops the car/bike, you can't shoot anything behind you which is a real bummer (why R* why?)

senordavim
  • senordavim

Player Hater

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:50 PM

Hello, you can create a mod like this but in two PC's?

With the same gamemode like this (Freeroam), but in different PC, and de possibility to 4 players or more it's a good idea.

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:33 AM Edited by Marsi4eg, 02 January 2017 - 06:34 AM.

I got a question, would it be possible to transfer On-Foot Targeting (Auto-Aim + Target Switching) onto Driveby Mode, basically the way AI buddies shoot? Normally, unless Player 1 stops the car/bike, you can't shoot anything behind you which is a real bummer (why R* why?)

Not possible 

Hello, you can create a mod like this but in two PC's?

With the same gamemode like this (Freeroam), but in different PC, and de possibility to 4 players or more it's a good idea.

There are multiplayer mods like MTA or SAMP, haven't you try them?

santotaku
  • santotaku

lowpcsh*t

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:17 PM

For somke odd reason when i play with it we cant go in seperate vehcles and btw do you think you could make its a djustable the view on foot like if it was singlplayer?? or splitscreen and when close together the screen turn into one (just a suggestion)

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:59 AM

For somke odd reason when i play with it we cant go in seperate vehcles and btw do you think you could make its a djustable the view on foot like if it was singlplayer?? or splitscreen and when close together the screen turn into one (just a suggestion)

Camera: You have to read some help boxes ingame - pressing 'change camera view' button on each player's controller will change keep on each player.

Separate vehicles: Have you installed every cs file of this mod to cleo folder? Is 2pl_drivers there? Have you tried pressing special buttons to toggle driving separate vehicles ability (noted in the first post)? And again, please read ingame help boxes.

Jitterdoomer
  • Jitterdoomer

The Paleto Heist robber.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:46 AM Edited by Jitterdoomer, 26 February 2017 - 07:47 AM.

For single player, can you add arrows to their heads to point out who is player 1 or 2, it's useful for blind or confused people who doesn't know which model they are using.

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:28 AM Edited by Inadequate, 26 February 2017 - 08:28 AM.

You can add two markers to each player and mark one of them as friendly so will be two different colors, red and blue.

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:08 AM

For single player, can you add arrows to their heads to point out who is player 1 or 2, it's useful for blind or confused people who doesn't know which model they are using.

Sorry, but no.

What else? "Change button combinations for people with broken fingers"?

santotaku
  • santotaku

lowpcsh*t

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:46 PM

for some reason once one of the players are in a car the other cant get a seperate car, btw umm can you increase the max player distance?

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:12 PM Edited by Marsi4eg, 05 March 2017 - 05:14 PM.

for some reason once one of the players are in a car the other cant get a seperate car, btw umm can you increase the max player distance?

Have you pressed a proper button combination to toggle entering separate vehicles? It has to work 100%, you also will see textbox saying that you're able to enter separate vehicles or only the same one.

Technically there is a way to disable distance limit at all, and this was used in another 2-player modification by skatefilter5 (http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=28129), and I actually have tested this in my mod, but anyway if the second player will move further than 300+ units from the main player - he will fall through the ground because collisions load only in 300 units range. Also it's REALLY uncomfortable with top-down camera and even if you enable focus on the second player - the game won't generate any traffic and/or peds around he, so I decided to increase default distance of 20.0 to 80.0 as this is the most suitable value for this mod.

Anyway, if skatefilter5 allows me to use distance hack from his mod, I will add it as optional.

• santotaku and skatefilter5 like this

Ingramsl19
  • Ingramsl19

The server will be restarted in 0 seconds! f*ck

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

And its working for GTA United 1.2?

santotaku
  • santotaku

lowpcsh*t

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

Have you pressed a proper button combination to toggle entering separate vehicles? It has to work 100%, you also will see textbox saying that you're able to enter separate vehicles or only the same one.

Technically there is a way to disable distance limit at all, and this was used in another 2-player modification by skatefilter5 (http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=28129), and I actually have tested this in my mod, but anyway if the second player will move further than 300+ units from the main player - he will fall through the ground because collisions load only in 300 units range. Also it's REALLY uncomfortable with top-down camera and even if you enable focus on the second player - the game won't generate any traffic and/or peds around he, so I decided to increase default distance of 20.0 to 80.0 as this is the most suitable value for this mod.

Anyway, if skatefilter5 allows me to use distance hack from his mod, I will add it as optional.

Okay checked looks like i can go in seperate vehicles just some mod interfering and btw is there any way to have like a panaramic camera lijke as if it was single player but move around soo player 1 or 2 dont go off camera? ( sorry if too much to ask)

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:09 PM Edited by Marsi4eg, 16 March 2017 - 08:35 PM.

Okay checked looks like i can go in seperate vehicles just some mod interfering and btw is there any way to have like a panaramic camera lijke as if it was single player but move around soo player 1 or 2 dont go off camera? ( sorry if too much to ask)

There is a native two player option to enable focus on each player. Just press 'change camera' button and you will get single player camera on each player. It's available even on ps2

70b50b5cbb82t.jpg

skatefilter5
  • skatefilter5

Controlling Both Players

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:33 PM Edited by skatefilter5, 27 April 2017 - 10:46 PM.

Anyway does it have the second player's hud fix that comes with it? I was searching for hud fix for the second player and player 2 icon on the rader. I'll try your version so see it's compare to mines. WHAT? YOU FIX THE CAMERA FOR BOTH PLAYER AND PUT AWAY WEAPONS IN THE CAR. I'll fix it in my version!

skatefilter5
  • skatefilter5

Controlling Both Players

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:43 PM Edited by skatefilter5, 28 April 2017 - 02:02 PM.

my 2-player works in LC and VC too and any other maps you can spawn player 2 anywhere

-------------------------------------------------

But your 2-player mod is compatible to my 2-player mod, whatever i drop the second player, the help text pops out 

-------------------------------------------------

do you have the 2-player hud fix because I can't find the second player hud fix because the weapon icon is blocking the armor

• Apu889 likes this

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:19 PM

Widescreen fix by 13AG fixes 2-player hud perfectly.

And about radar icon for second player - I dunno how to make it show properly, I'm not so good in memory hacking. I've used a stupid workaround instead.

So do you allow me to add your unlimited 2-player distance code as optional?

skatefilter5
  • skatefilter5

Controlling Both Players

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

Widescreen fix by 13AG fixes 2-player hud perfectly.

And about radar icon for second player - I dunno how to make it show properly, I'm not so good in memory hacking. I've used a stupid workaround instead.

So do you allow me to add your unlimited 2-player distance code as optional?

sure.

• Marsi4eg likes this

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:47 PM Edited by Marsi4eg, 28 April 2017 - 09:48 PM.

Re-uploaded archive. Added distance hack.

ATTENTION: second player will fall through the ground when further than generic objects draw distance - 300 units by default!

If you want to use this optional script with maximal distance hack - place 2pl_enh.cs file from the Distance Hack directory to CLEO folder.

Actually there is still a limit of 700 units for vehicles, but it will only be reachable if you use Project 2dfx with crazy generic objects draw distance (more than 800).

Download: https://drive.google...Rl9ObFdyRFExbVU

• goodidea82, santotaku and skatefilter5 like this

arusydan300
  • arusydan300

Player Hater

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

1.Could I play 2 player pool game? If yes,how to start it?

2.It would be good if all cheats work for 2 player.

3.Did it work for some cleo mods?

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:36 PM Edited by Marsi4eg, 16 June 2017 - 08:37 PM.

1. Yes. Start a usual pool game and press start on the second controller. You'll see this in help box.

2. Won't be implemented in this mod, because it doesn't hook any native controls. Ask your friend to type a cheat code. Or ask Silent to add such functionality to GInput.

3. Not sure what you mean, but it works with some other cleo mods :blink:

arusydan300
  • arusydan300

Player Hater

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:12 AM

1. Yes. Start a usual pool game and press start on the second controller. You'll see this in help box.

2. Won't be implemented in this mod, because it doesn't hook any native controls. Ask your friend to type a cheat code. Or ask Silent to add such functionality to GInput.

3. Not sure what you mean, but it works with some other cleo mods :blink:

for question number 1:

I'm using SAAC 1.2 to configure two player's control, but idk which is start button for pool game.So,do I need GInput or keep with SAAC?

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:16 PM Edited by Marsi4eg, 17 June 2017 - 06:04 PM.

There's no any "Start button for pool game" - just a button named "Start" on controller, the button you press to pause the game. If you press it on your second pad while being in pool set-up screen - you'll play 2 player pool game.

5a7e833228bct.jpg

SAAC is a very old and buggy third-party software. GInput is a great plugin that re-enables native dual controllers support and doesn't have bugs. So yes - I suggest you to use GInput instead of SAAC.

That was posted in the first message in DEPENDENCES section
  • santotaku likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users