San Andreas 2-Player Mode Enhancements
WHAT IS THIS:
This is a pack of native PS2 two-player 'missions' that were cut from PC version.
Those scripts are re-implemented like they were in vanilla game, but as standalone CLEO scripts.
Also there are some scripts that were written to extend native PS2 cooperative experience on PC.
- Second player now has an armor, if the main player has it at mode start.
- Second player now has SF fight school melle attacks, instead of default.
- Second player now has a white marker and it shows on radar*.
- Distance between players is set to it's maximal value.
- Ability to toggle 'Deathmatch mode' ingame to make players able to target each other.
- Ability to toggle vehicle entering modes - players can sit to the same car or to different cars.
- New amazing comfortable camera view when driving separate vehicles! Now it's fully playable**.
- A player on the passenger seat doesn't perform a drive-by by default. Now it's a hotkey to toggle drive-by!
- Adjusted text box when starting pool game, added a line that asks to press Start on second controller to play 2 player pool.
All included modes are fully untouched, except the fact that they are now CLEO scripts.
* - There's a known bug ingame, even in PS2 version - second player doesn't have a marker. Actually it appears, but it's tied to first player.
There's no ability to create a directional marker by using default opcodes without memory hacking. Unfortunatly I'm not so skilled in this,
so I'll be grateful if someone helps me with this. Default square marker is a temporary solution for now.
** - This camera mode is the same as onfoot - topdown with ability to focus on eash player's car by pressing <select> button.
Now you finally can do some racing, flying two helicopters, and even planes!
HOW TO INSTALL:
Copy all contents of this archive to your CLEO directory in GTA San Andreas folder.
ATTENTION: there are two additional language files included - English (tplaye.fxt) and 'Wasted'Russian (tplayr.fxt).
You should take only one of these fxt files to your CLEO\CLEO_TEXT\ folder.
Almost every feature is a different module (script) so if you don't want any of them - just remove it from CLEO folder:
2pl_dm - Toggle 'Deathmatch mode'. Press Dpad Left + Right Stick while player is on-foot. Both gamepads supported, or ] on the keyboard, when at least one player is on-foot.
2pl_drivers - Toggle vehicle entering modes. Press Dpad Right + Right Stick while player is on-foot. Both gamepads supported, or [ on the keyboard, when at least one player is on-foot.
2pl_drvb_ctrl - Enhanced drive-by features. Press Right Stick while on passenger seat to toggle drive-by. Both gamepads supported, or Sub-mission key on the keyboard.
2pl_enh - Distance, marker and armor control.
2pl_help - Help text box. Shows ingame notifications about useful functions. Basically, the same that was described a few lines earlier.
2pl_veh_cam - Improved separate vehicles camera. Enabled by default and no way to disable it ingame.
Special version of "2pl_enh" script included with 2-player distance hack by skatefilter5. It disables distance limit between two players.
ATTENTION: second player will fall through the ground when further than generic objects draw distance - 300 units by default!
If you want to use this optional script with maximal distance hack - place 2pl_enh.cs file from the Distance Hack directory to CLEO folder.
To use this mod you have to install CLEO 4.3 (http://cleo.li)
To make the game work with second player controls you have to use Silent's GInput plugin (http://gtaforums.com...c/562765-ginput)
I recommend you to use Widescreen fix by ThirteenAG and Wesser (http://gtaforums.com...een-fixes-pack/) even if you don't use widescreen monitor.
Also despite the mod is compatible with keyboard shortcuts and GInput gives an ability to use keyboard+pad, I highly recommend you to use two Xinput-compatible gamepads (Xbox 360 Controllers)
Actually you can use these enhancement scripts with every other custom coop modes, but be careful, they were tested only with default coop missions.
- When driving two separate vehicles - you will hear the engine sound only from the last obtained one. Nothing to do with this - game engine bug.
- When entering a vehicle as a passenger - you will see the drive-by animation for a moment. Script overwrites the basic behavior so it takes a millisecond to change player's "task".