Photo

Crashing on mobile during cutscenes of "Calm before the storm"

10 replies to this topic
Corvallis5
  • Corvallis5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

It seems like many have this problem. Any suggestions? 

Arrow
  • Arrow

Good Life

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:02 AM Edited by Reverse Flash, 05 December 2016 - 03:05 AM.

If you're using an iPad or iOS Device, here's how to fix it:

1. Close the app by double-clicking the home button and swiping the app
2. Restart your phone by pressing down both the "Home" button and the "Sleep/Awake" button for 10+ second

When the cut-scene comes, skip it by pressing the button on the lower-right. This should work. If not, it's probably a compatibility issues.

What OS version are you on?

Corvallis5
  • Corvallis5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:58 AM

2. Restart your phone by pressing down both the "Home" button and the "Sleep/Awake" button for 10+ second

When the cut-scene comes, skip it by pressing the button on the lower-right. This should work. If not, it's probably a compatibility issues.

I have tried this to no avail. No success on Iphone 5 using ios 10 and ipad air running ios 10. Any other suggestions? 

Arrow
  • Arrow

Good Life

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:23 AM

I have tried this to no avail. No success on Iphone 5 using ios 10 and ipad air running ios 10. Any other suggestions? 

You might want to bring this up on Rockstar Support. Did you have this issue with iOS 9 or you installed the game after upgrading?

Corvallis5
  • Corvallis5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:14 PM

I managed to fix to anyone with the same problem. I got a new iPhone 7 plus and skipping the cutscenes on that device did the trick. Whether it was the 7 plus better power, or just the fact that it was a new phone that fixed the issue I don't know. 

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

I'm playing right now on an iPad mini and obviously, this problem did not pass me by either. But I managed to get past it successfully! Although I tried the aforementioned restart trick, it did not work.

Several factors are in play but which one of them helped me avoid the crash is not known.

* I attempted the same mission but failed it before

* I attempted a random side mission and failed that (not deliberately)

* Changed the language in the menu

* Accidentally crashed into a cop car near the destination in Chinatown and they chased me all the way until Massimo was about to land

* Skipped the cutscene and then the game just continued rather than crash (with a couple of cops chasing me)

If I had to guess, I think having a wanted level may be the reason I survived the crash because it may alternate the "coding" and allow you to proceed through a loophole when the script has a problem that normally causes the crash.

Goldyzombie
  • Goldyzombie

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:30 AM

I'm playing right now on an iPad mini and obviously, this problem did not pass me by either. But I managed to get past it successfully! Although I tried the aforementioned restart trick, it did not work.

Several factors are in play but which one of them helped me avoid the crash is not known.

* Accidentally crashed into a cop car near the destination in Chinatown and they chased me all the way until Massimo was about to land
* Skipped the cutscene and then the game just continued rather than crash (with a couple of cops chasing me)

If I had to guess, I think having a wanted level may be the reason I survived the crash because it may alternate the "coding" and allow you to proceed through a loophole when the script has a problem that normally causes the crash.

This does not work, I've tried many other solutions but they do not work. I've took this to rockstar support. They are not much help

H3LLGears
  • H3LLGears

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:17 AM

This does not work, I've tried many other solutions but they do not work. I've took this to rockstar support. They are not much help

Any luck with the Rockstar Support? Have you managed to pass the mission??

Goldyzombie
  • Goldyzombie

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

I went on rockstar support, and they were useless. After awhile, they stopped responding. I have not passed the mission.

GettheTrainCJ
  • GettheTrainCJ

Train Chaser

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:24 AM

I got the same problem with my iPhone 6s and passed the crash with some trick.

Reboot, Skipping the cutscene and changing in-game language were not the answer for me. Here's my suggestion:

==

1. Close the app.

2. Change the system language to English.

3. Reboot.

in that way i could pass the <Calm before the Storm>.

luishernandez
  • luishernandez

nv have title

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

ive had friend crash the game too, but ut worked for me.

i am using samsung galaxy s7 rooted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users