Photo

Cops 'n Crooks 2.0 for the PC

7 replies to this topic
Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:09 AM Edited by Jimbatron, 29 April 2017 - 09:45 AM.

EDIT - we have now moved to CnC 2.1 - see posts below for map changes.

Anyone who is familiar with Cops 'n Crooks will know that there were a fixed amount of getaway vehicles that the crooks had to reach to escape - and if you played it for a while, you learnt where they all were - as cops how to defend them, and crooks how to try to steal them.

While it's been great fun, we always dreamed of a new map - different start positions and different getaways. I'm pleased to say I have done just that - with a new mod, CnC 2.0. I thought this was worth mentioning because with the latest patch, more players are coming back online. The mod has limited distribution at the moment, myself (currently playing under the tag Jim7998), Archville92, Foreign Frisian, and Spino92 are the only ones that have it. If you join a game though and one of us is host, chances are you'll get to play the new map. In the interests of honesty, the video below shows all 28 new locations:

I should point out however, CnC club play to strict gentleman's rules - the most critical being that the cops do not move or destroy the getaway. Anyone caught doing so will be kicked and unlikley to be allowed to play in our servers again. Our house rules we all adhere to are here:

http://copsncrooks.w...rules-etiquette

If you're returning to IV MP though all are welcome to join. It is very helpful if you have a headset as the team that plays best together and communicates often wins.

First ever rounds of CnC 2.0 here (an old regular will quickly spot the new start points and getaway locations were not in the original mode:

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

f*ck Take-Two!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:49 PM Edited by B Dawg, 04 December 2016 - 05:24 PM.

Sounds nice. How'd you do edits to multiplayer modes? I wish to do my own improvements to the game modes of The Lost And Damned.

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:05 AM

This is awesome im going to have to expand the memory on my laptop and get a copy of gta 4.

Though i have to say jimbo i was a lil disappointed in powerful weapons and corner glitching

Totally ruins the game imo. Skilled players need no access to missles and can do the same damage with snipers and grenades

Actually in regards to corner glitchin you have better chances of surviving and dodging someone doing the sniper glitch

Felt like sharing my 2 cents

Im not familiar with the helicopter blade glitch, maybe its not from consoles

I didnt see any mention of the boss camping in the etiquette or did i miss that

Cant wait to watch the youtube, thanks a lot!
  • Jimbatron likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:53 AM Edited by Jimbatron, 07 January 2017 - 10:03 AM.

Thanks man.

The powerful weapons is something the PC regulars settled on after about 18 months or so since the game came out, I think primarily to give the Boss a decent chance of survival at the start. I think it's much easier to do a drive by with a mouse and keyboard on the PC than on a console with a controller, and so it's quite important the Boss gets a good weapon at the start if the cops rush in with the cars and smgs they start with. Also as the Boss takes a helicopter in the vast majority of cases, rpgs are useful to try an shoot them down (and that's a serious amount of fun, requiring genuine skill to pull off - unlike GTA V with that homing launcher noob tube).

We talked about banning corner glitching from our servers but felt we couldn't otherwise no one could every take cover with a building on their left side. However, no regular CnC player I know tries to exploit this. And if someone did corner camp, I'd send an rpg their way (again another advantage of the powerful weapons). Where corner glitching is a big problem in my opinion is in TDM at Colony where the weapons are put to smg only. It's definitely not a big feature of our games - we just felt it was impractical to ban or kick people in the very rare occasion it happens.

Bosses don't tend to camp in our PC games. If they did, I expect the cops would most likely co-ordinate an gradually pick the crooks off from a distance using the radar advantage.

PS: My current CnC 2.0 matches are uploaded in this playlist:

http://gtaforums.com...-20-for-the-pc/

I don't get to play as often as I would like these days though due to a demanding job, and I'm spending a lot of time on making episode 3 and finishing my Cops 'n Crooks movie.

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:50 PM

Ill def chek the videos out. I definitely understand the moral code you spoke on regarding corner glitching

And yea i imagine pc players are much more skilled at shooting

As far as camping sometimes the boss gets trapped or in my case traps himself lol

I guess thats where rpgs might ruin that fun but like you said sometimes you guys have special matches

One of my favorite things to do is camp in the penthouse majestic with shotguns and wait for the cops to try to storm in

Likewise at playboys penthouse lol

Cant wait to give it a try
  • Jimbatron likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

And yea i imagine pc players are much more skilled at shootin

Thanks well, I wouldn't say more skilled - personally speaking I've played a bit on the PS3 as well as on the PC and I think it is more easy to score head shots quickly with a mouse and keyboard. Free aiming with a control pad takes more skill imho - I guess because you've got to more delicately maneuver the sticks with your thumbs, whereas you have your whole hand to steady the mouse.

It does change the dynamics though across platforms I think. On the PC a moderately skilled player has a decent chance of a quick headshot - so even a top TDM player won't last long as Boss if he stands still. On the console's it is different, I've seen the top Free aim-ers (and serious respect to such players) survive for ages as Boss. Basically I think the skill range is wider on consoles with free aim.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

f*ck Take-Two!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:07 AM

Mouse, combined with the fact that you can full auto spray your weapon without any accuracy penalties/spread, makes killing a whole lot easier on PC.

• Jimbatron likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:42 AM Edited by Jimbatron, 29 April 2017 - 09:44 AM.

We have now moved to using CnC version 2.1 in our servers. The new map is here:

https://drive.google...HFibjZvUjg/view

CnC 2.1 Change log:

Getaways:
- "Sprunk" replaced with "Car Park".
- "Deal Breaker" replaced with "Pegorino's Pride".
- "Behind Boathouse" replaced with "South Bohan Warehouse".
- "Burgershot II" replaced with "Graveyard".
- "Prison" moved slightly to the yard basketball court to give more take off space and now no longer snipe-able from oil drum to WSW.
- "Colony Island" rotated 180 degrees to face south towards the abandoned hospital.
Start points:
- Happiness Island Removed. "Booth Docks" and "Cark Park" getaway start spawn point is just South of Globe Oil Drum.
- Airport Roof Top Replaced with FIA Car Park (causes "Across Big Ship" to start from here, and "Faustin's II" to get a new start point).
- North Algonquin start point is split in two.
Additional:
- Lobby Menu now automatically loads to CnC Club default settings.
- Server Title now overwrites to CnC 2.1 and cannot be changed manually by host.*

*thanks to ClareXoBearrx3R9 of these forums who helped me figure out how to do that.

Current hosts running CnC 2.1 on the PC:
Jim7998
Killertom500
ForeignFrisian
Hilly1970
Spino92
  • B Dawg likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users