Quantcast

» «
Photo

Ways to not get overwhelmed by the police during Vigilante missions?

18 replies to this topic
HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:45 PM

I'm trying to get a really high Vigilante level, and pretty much the only problem I'm going to face is the amount of police when I get to high levels. I can suppress them for a little bit by getting bribes whenever I'm nearby, but I will surely get more stars faster than I can lose them.

What are some things I can do to not get overwhelmed?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:57 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 03 December 2016 - 07:59 PM.

How high?  zmoonchild gets to Level 23 or something in his Starter Save Videos and barely has a problem with a Wanted Level.  You can just drive ahead of the Vigilante Vehicles, get out of the Police Car or off the Police Bike and use free aim with M4 to shoot the driver dead and the occupants in the Vehicle from a distance.  I did the usual Level 12 in the beginning within my Starter Save and didn't have any issues with a Wanted Level and even if I did, I got practice from doing 4 Star Territory runs in San Fierro and Las Venturas.  I can survive for however long I want and if the going gets tough, plenty of Body Armor Locations and Vending Machines, etc...

Sometimes you get a basic one star Wanted Level, but it goes away by the time you get to the next target, basically.  Police Bribes also respawn after a bit of time has passed.  If you kill the passengers without blowing up their Vehicle as I explained with using the M4 from afar is nice too and avoids the high Wanted Levels...

• HalfOfAKebab likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

At the end of each level CJ's sensitivity to crime is reduced a little bit. By the time you reach higher levels it is impossible to earn more stars without entering a restricted area. In the meantime, try holding your wanted level at 2 stars with bribes. They respawn in 5 minutes after use.

As Militia mentioned, it helps to avoid blowing up the vehicles. I usually stop shooting when the car is smoking and they get out, and finish off the targets using drive-by on my cop bike. Doesn't always work but still helps.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:16 PM

Suppressing want Stars, besides "Bribe stars" just stop off at your local safe house or Clothing shop and change your shirt.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:33 PM

If you kill the passengers without blowing up their Vehicle as I explained with using the M4 from afar is nice too and avoids the high Wanted Levels...

That's where I was going wrong! I was using a minigun, and I always exploded the cars. I'll try this. Thanks a lot.

At the end of each level CJ's sensitivity to crime is reduced a little bit. By the time you reach higher levels it is impossible to earn more stars without entering a restricted area. In the meantime, try holding your wanted level at 2 stars with bribes. They respawn in 5 minutes after use.

Good tips, thanks!

Suppressing want Stars, besides "Bribe stars" just stop off at your local safe house or Clothing shop and change your shirt.

I didn't know that reduced your wanted level, that's really cool, thanks. Does losing stars this way count towards the Wanted Stars Evaded statistic?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:18 PM

I didn't know that reduced your wanted level, that's really cool, thanks. Does losing stars this way count towards the Wanted Stars Evaded statistic?

That I don't know. But when you change a shirt or Pants the wants start flashing. By the time you get to your vehicle (I use the Tank) when they stop flashing your want level is cleared.
  • HalfOfAKebab and Roxie like this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:48 AM

San Andreas has eaten my vigilante vehicle too many times when I enter an interior during the mission to eat or change clothes. At higher levels the game usually refuses to spawn cop cars on the road until the mission fails. I won't be making that mistake again.

What's your game progress and choice of vehicle?

Be sure to investigate all the bribes and armor, and several isolated vending machines and vendor carts where you think you'll be fighting. CJ will need to eat.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:52 PM Edited by HalfOfAKebab, 05 December 2016 - 03:58 PM.

What's your game progress and choice of vehicle?

I'll be using a HPV-1000. A Rhino was my original choice, but I realised it's going to blow up eventually, since I'll be crashing into stuff sometimes, and then I'll be stuffed. A HPV-1000 is also faster. I'd rather cut down the amount of hours it takes to get to a high level by sacrificing a bit of safety. I feel that driving is a strong suit of mine, so I think opting for the HPV is a good choice.

San Andreas has eaten my vigilante vehicle too many times when I enter an interior during the mission to eat or change clothes. At higher levels the game usually refuses to spawn cop cars on the road until the mission fails. I won't be making that mistake again.

[...]

Be sure to investigate all the bribes and armor, and several isolated vending machines and vendor carts where you think you'll be fighting. CJ will need to eat.

Thanks for that input. I'll definitely be sticking to vending machines, and I'll try to learn where all the bribes are. Do you think it's a good idea to get maximum muscle and maximum fat before my attempts (in order to last longer without eating)? Does being fat reduce my driving ability by making the bike slower or something like that? How long will it take to deplete all my muscle and fat?

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:51 PM Edited by lil weasel, 05 December 2016 - 11:25 PM.

I've made Millions with the Rhino Tank, never had one blown up.
Never lost one to high-jackers when changing clothes either.
And it gets "stronger" with each level.

BRIBE star Map
OR
Flash map for BRIBES

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:08 PM

As long as you are careful to be far away from fire (Rhino) and exploding vehicles (HPV-1000) during the early levels you should never lose a vehicle to damage, The current vigilante vehicle will get a small health boost at the end of each level - it gets slightly more if CJ is in the vehicle at the time. It doesn't take long until the vehicles is so well buffed that occasional mistakes won't make a dent in the armor. Parking a vehicle in a garage, btw, will reset the vehicles health to normal.

My untested hypothesis is that vehicles with very high health get discarded as trash when CJ enters an interior, pretty much the same way as a wreck. I don't think peds are driving off with the vehicle; I think it just vanishes.

If you have unlimited ammo from 100%, or maybe a minigun with exploit ammo, then the HPV-1000 will probably do fine. If you need to collect ammo as you go then definitely check out the ZooMoon's Child videos. Swat Van is a viable choice if you've got enough minigun ammo. Terribly slow though. I think I'm slightly faster in the Rhino. I got with the Hunter if I want to rack up levels quickly.

All around the SF stadium and at the north end of the ball park in LV are vending machines the are usually out of range of the cops.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:21 PM Edited by HalfOfAKebab, 05 December 2016 - 11:22 PM.

Parking a vehicle in a garage, btw, will reset the vehicles health to normal.

Great tip, I hadn't thought of that.

I got with the Hunter if I want to rack up levels quickly.

I was thinking of doing it with the Hunter, but it's so ridiculously hard to control on PC. On PS2 I will be doing this, but I think I'll try both the Rhino and HPV for PC.

Anyway...

I've just thought of a question: does restoring the health of a vehicle using a garage get rid of any health boosts it has? So I can't get to a really high level and then cancel it to just have an insanely good vehicle? I also want to know this so I know I should only restore its health when it's smoking, as opposed to when I'm near a garage.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:26 PM Edited by lil weasel, 05 December 2016 - 11:27 PM.

A reset does just that. It repairs damage and brings the vehicle back to "Normal" status. That is the advantage of the Rhino over other vehicles.

luishernandez
  • luishernandez

nv have title

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:08 AM Edited by luishernandez, 06 December 2016 - 12:12 AM.

you can also make the rhino or any other vehicle allproof and you wont have to worry about it exploding. unless it flips over.

you could also use the old hunter trick for high vigilante levels

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

Every single day, every time I pray, I'll be missing you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:09 AM Edited by Still Madd, 06 December 2016 - 12:11 AM.

Well, I'll give you some tips.

1) If you're in LS, collect the AK-47' few times (you can find it behind the 24-7 store in Vinewood or in the Vinewood studio near that big mansion with a tennis court.

2) Use the HPV-1000 since it's lightweight and comfortable because of the fact that it's a bike.

3) Ride around the sorroundings of Glen Park and Willowfield since there's a bribe in Glen Park, a bribe in Ganton, two bribes in Las Colinas and a bribe in ELS.

4) Get a drive-by'eable weapon incase you need it.

Otherwise steal a Hunter or get a Rhino or you can snipe the suspects finding the sniper rifle in InterGlobal Films Studio located infront of that big mansion with a tennis court, collect it a few times since it will give you 10 rounds per pickup, aim carefully at the suspect car since it's fast, take a little time so you wont attract the police attention so fast.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:22 AM

This is an old video made by Zoom-Zoom (when under a different name.)

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:06 AM

Doing these in a Hunter is awesome.

(I confess that I just wanted an excuse to mention the Hunter, which I miss badly).

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:37 AM

Doing these in a Hunter is awesome.

(I confess that I just wanted an excuse to mention the Hunter, which I miss badly).

this aint that old topic, i too loved the hunter, used the cheat since flight school physics are too weird to get gold

• Happy Hunter likes this

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:47 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 14 February 2017 - 05:10 PM.

Well, there are several strategies for this.

1 Reduce star levels via police bribes or pay'n'sprays by exiting your vehicle of mission for a moment and jacking a ride to spray...wait once back in vigilante ride and then continue

2 Avoid police by way of vehicle choice using the Hunter specifically.

3 Use the escape and avoidance methods learned during extensive play and hinted toward in early 4-Star Wanted areas as demonstrated in the following link. http://gtaforums.com...cked-off-areas/

4 Tapping the Magic of your innner Mad Max!

5 Combining all of the above into your own special mix.

Have fun!

There are advantages to the manipulation of police star levels if you desire to raise your stats in the People Wasted by Others ranking. 

Gion
  • Gion

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

Start vigilante at The strip in Las venturas where you can find 3/4 bribes. Collect them after reaching level 12. Once you do so police won't be a problem anymore, you can kill anyone and the police won't do anything to you unless they see you doing it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users