Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why does Lamar like Trevor but not Michael?

34 replies to this topic
Snesgamer83
  • Snesgamer83

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

Always wondered this.

Is it because of the events of Hood Safari? Was it that their personalities just "clicked"? Or is it just because they happened to have some personal chemistry with each other that he didn't have with Michael?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

brb sitting in my 85 Skylark as it idles in the garage

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:53 PM

Probably because he only met him in the mission where they went to save him from the Ballas at the sawmill.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:04 PM

Same reason I like people i've met and spent time with over the people I haven't.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:35 PM Edited by Raj Brunner, 02 December 2016 - 09:35 PM.

Because they never actually got to meet each other.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:41 AM

Because of what Trevor told him about Michael. And he and Michael never meet face to face.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:10 AM

Because of what Trevor told him about Michael. And he and Michael never meet face to face.

didn't they at least see eachother in "Lamar down"?

Dock
  • Dock

Sure Shot

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • India

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

Briefly. He's had way more face time with Trevor (who he initially was wary of as well IIRC).

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

yeah... it is also being reflected in phone calls and texts from L to T, especially text after bury the hatchet.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

Well Michael is a snitch and Lamar being stuck into the 90's gangster fantasy is what makes him deeply dislike him.

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:15 PM

Cause trevor helped them out on the grove street mission and trevor became the leader of the families in the dlc and michael is a balla

DetectivePhelps
  • DetectivePhelps

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:32 AM

M saved his stupid ass! Also along with T snd F!

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:02 AM

Because Trevor didn't have a Yee Ass haircut.

• Cutter De Blanc, Wu-Tang Forever, theGTAking101 and 3 others like this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:31 AM

Because Trevor didn't have a Yee Ass haircut.

that saying plus big spelling of "nigaaa" in intro mission were priceless, lol

• Wu-Tang Forever likes this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:56 AM

Well, Michael did make a passive-aggressive attempt at talking to Franklin and Lamar after he left Dr. Friedlander's office, where he at first didn't want to help them find the cars 

they were looking to repossess, then he pulled a 180 and told them the exact house. If GTA San Andreas taught us anything (i.e. Carl's brother Sweet), it's that gang culture

doesn't like "posers," and perhaps Michael's sarcasm led Lamar to think that he couldn't be truly trusted from the get-go. As Lamar or Sweet or Ryder would say, a busta.

Trevor telling Lamar about his adventures with Michael in North Yankton made it all the more worse.

DetectivePhelps
  • DetectivePhelps

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:20 AM

L is stupid! My opinion. After M with sniper rifle and other great guns popping off them mother funk<mg Ballas L tells M, Thanks, is we ever gonna get a proper introduction dog?

An acknowledgment of some sorts. GTAV writing by rocket starlite wasn't great. But, whatever man.

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:32 AM

Well, Michael did make a passive-aggressive attempt at talking to Franklin and Lamar after he left Dr. Friedlander's office, where he at first didn't want to help them find the cars 
they were looking to repossess, then he pulled a 180 and told them the exact house. If GTA San Andreas taught us anything (i.e. Carl's brother Sweet), it's that gang culture
doesn't like "posers," and perhaps Michael's sarcasm led Lamar to think that he couldn't be truly trusted from the get-go. As Lamar or Sweet or Ryder would say, a busta.
Trevor telling Lamar about his adventures with Michael in North Yankton made it all the more worse.

im not sure the intro counts, i doubt they remember eachother from it

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:17 PM Edited by DimitriFaustin, 04 December 2016 - 06:18 PM.

No offense, but you'd be surprised how far memory can go. Many of the protagonists remain well-fixated on their goals and reason to defeat a certain antagonist with all the chaos and mayhem

they get involved in and cause which, to most people, would be a major distraction to their state of mind. Lamar and Franklin are more intelligent than what the GTA fanbase are giving credit for.

DERGaming
  • DERGaming

Dagger

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:42 PM

Well, Michael did make a passive-aggressive attempt at talking to Franklin and Lamar after he left Dr. Friedlander's office, where he at first didn't want to help them find the cars they were looking to repossess, then he pulled a 180 and told them the exact house. If GTA San Andreas taught us anything (i.e. Carl's brother Sweet), it's that gang culturedoesn't like "posers," and perhaps Michael's sarcasm led Lamar to think that he couldn't be truly trusted from the get-go. As Lamar or Sweet or Ryder would say, a busta.Trevor telling Lamar about his adventures with Michael in North Yankton made it all the more worse.

No offense, but you'd be surprised how far memory can go. Many of the protagonists remain well-fixated on their goals and reason to defeat a certain antagonist with all the chaos and mayhem
they get involved in and cause which, to most people, would be a major distraction to their state of mind. Lamar and Franklin are more intelligent than what the GTA fanbase are giving credit for.

Yeah but it was such a brief conversation I mean I wouldn't remember it

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpink 2018

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:57 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 06 December 2016 - 01:01 PM.

I remember it being because while Franklin could have been helping his boy Lamar, he was off hanging with some middle-aged white guy that lives near the hills. I remember it being the same reason Armando and Henrique were breaking Luis's balls for ditching them for greener grass. Or shall I say greener cash :p

Trevor seems raw, more street, rough and ready. Whereas Michael, a rich, middle-aged white guy, to a young black man from South Central, doesn't exactly score high on the list of people that you trust of have much in common with. 

• Cutter De Blanc and UltraGizmo64 like this

DetectivePhelps
  • DetectivePhelps

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

I remember it being because while Franklin could have been helping his boy Lamar, he was off hanging with some middle-aged white guy that lives near the hills. I remember it being the same reason Armando and Henrique were breaking Luis's balls for ditching them for greener grass. Or shall I say greener cash :p

Trevor seems raw, more street, rough and ready. Whereas Michael, a rich, middle-aged white guy, to a young black man from South Central, doesn't exactly score high on the list of people that you trust of have much in common with. 

Okay, I "might" get your point.

On Michael's Defence, True & Raw with never underestimate nor fu£Jed with...M took whatever Private Army Merry W by HIMSELF in Meltdown.

2: Trever left Like balding b!tch who looks far older & skinny like a toothpick, The boy left M with the Chinese. They were though and toons of them homie!

Lamar is nothing but plastic toy compare to CJ's Brother.

I'm just saying what needs to be said & I know you will throw all the Trevor this and that, Guz blazinz like kindom cum!

T ain't hood, just trash on Sandy Shores. With all that Iikd T & M. F too. L means next to nothing man!

This is my opinion. Stuff I said about M is straight up legit.
Sh-t he called Dead Devin to tell his white ass, send your private Army after me, I won't be hiding pal.

M is smart when a plan of attack, saving useless L's ass! Knowing T was running towards the bullet & F too.
So, my take, I'm done with Lamar. He means nothing to me, end of V story in that aspect.

ARTHUR.
  • ARTHUR.

narc

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Montenegro

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:09 PM Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby, 06 December 2016 - 05:14 PM.

Trevor was abandoned by a close friend; Michael who aspired for something bigger, an escape from the gritty tough crime they were doing. This is exactly what was happening to Lamar at that time by Franklin who wants to leave the hood and has bigger ambitions. They relate with each other.

They both also don't take things too seriously causing Michael and Franklin to look down on them.

Lamar sees Michael as the basis for Franklin's spending less time with his homie so that's why he spites him.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:27 PM

Because they only twice and very briefely, and their personalities wouldn't have been a match anyway, in fact, the two barely have anything in common besides being criminals and living in LS.

Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:08 PM

There's no real canon to suggest he doesn't like him. It's more than they barely even know each other.

When they are delivering the cars to Paletto Lamar doesnt even know Mike's name.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:34 AM

Trevor and Lamar are both crazy. That's why they clique with each other.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:10 PM

Here's what I think:

Lamar and Trevor actually met,while he barely seen Michael once or maybe twice

Trevor and Lamar seem to have similar personality (Trevor is crazy,and in Lamar's case,it seems he just doesn't think much about the consequences of his actions and is naive,but he was still described as crazy)

Trevor often sh*ttalks about Michael,so Lamar doesn't trust him,thinking Mike's a traitor and a snitch

Lamar seems to think Michael is dragging Frank out of the hood and is turning him into some selfish yuppie who doesn't care about his old friends

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:34 PM

In the packer mission with Lamar, Franklin and Trevor, Lamar ironicly says he's "never met the dude". Which is true for the most part. He never saw him during Lamar down. He did however see him in the first mission with Franklin, where he asks him where the person, who they are stealing cars off, lives.

Tazmanian_03
  • Tazmanian_03

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:36 AM

i think that it because lamar thinks that micheal was a rich guy all his life and never knew how i felt to be in the "hood" like franklin and trevor did

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:41 PM Edited by DIze, 25 December 2016 - 05:41 PM.

Birds of same feathers flock together.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:53 PM

Whatchu talkin about these guys are big homies

SIQHgQQStU2UNDzOynNFVg_0_0.jpg

• UnderMeister and Pedinhuh like this

JayKed20
  • JayKed20