Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Turismo race mission in III is next to impossible.

27 replies to this topic
Jahpeatone
  • Jahpeatone

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:24 AM

When you combine this game's below-average driving mechanics with the fact that your car gets destroyed within seconds from slightly scraping ANYTHING, you have a horrible f*cking race mission. Seriously, your car dies way too f*cking easily in this game.

It also doesn't help that bumping into anything almost always results in your car doing two complete 360 spins and flips while the other racers pass you like its nothing while you desperately sit there fighting the controls, trying to regain control of the car that now has a mind of its own.

Oh, and lastly, if one of the other racers hits you, your car WILL most certainly flip and the race will be over.

And no, I can't park cars in front of the racers because every time I try, I end up getting massacred by those guys wearing blue in less than 15 seconds.

I've been trying to legitimately do this without cheats for hours now, and at this point I'm pretty discouraged and am thinking about cheating. This race is sh*t.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

InkJaw
  • InkJaw

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:01 AM

But it's optional. You don't even have to do it.

• UltraGizmo64, Ivan1997GTA and Mr_Human_Guy like this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:52 AM Edited by Helegad, 30 November 2016 - 07:53 AM.

You're just a sh*t driver. Practice more. I haven't failed Turismo in a long time.

• Mastah, oscareczek, Voit Turyv and 4 others like this

Craig
  • Craig

Hostage Stamp

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:25 AM

Aside from skill, luck plays a big part. I tend to drop back a little and wait for them to go tits up. I know they're fast but they're not exactly known for being amazing drivers.
  • UltraGizmo64 and NOskillx like this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:12 AM

At least one of 'em always f*cks up the first turn :p

blaze
  • blaze

Big Homie

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:37 AM

If you're really struggling with this just park a coach infront of their cars then get into yours and complete the race.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

__Keep it Old School__

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:18 AM

If you're really struggling with this just park a coach infront of their cars then get into yours and complete the race.

I used to do the same but with the ambulance van :D Lmao loved always getting a head start on this mission.

@OP: This mission ain't hard once you get used to it. Take the advice of parking a large vehicle next to the cars in line. That always worked for me back in the day.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:04 AM Edited by stef_92, 01 December 2016 - 07:04 AM.

First of all - do it early in game where still no gang hates you. Also you don't need to park on the blue marker and wait for the countdown, you can accelerate and slightly hit one of the opponents car. Then the race will start immediately and you will have a head start (and serious speed). After that everything else is easy, you should just practice and learn where all checkpoints are. It seems that you are new to the game so I tell you that each mission is easy as long as you get used to it.
  • The Mysterious One, Mr.ClaudeFan, UltraGizmo64 and 1 other like this

TubewayArmy
  • TubewayArmy

Vice City + 80s = <3

• Facade Corporation
  • Czech-Republic
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:32 PM

It can't be that difficult if I managed to win it with Perennial

• UltraGizmo64 and B_Smiles like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

I also finish in 1st with using a Mr. Wongs since I pass the Race while obtaining one of the three Cheetahs from the opponents who have BP/EP/FP Cheetahs, lol...

You can pass it with any Vehicle, basically.  It's simple and the driver's are so bad and crash so much...

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:26 PM

The drivers crash so much all the time because they are programmed to hit the pedal to the metal all the time.. to the max. Even when they are taking corners.

TubewayArmy
  • TubewayArmy

Vice City + 80s = <3

• Facade Corporation
  • Czech-Republic
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:00 PM

The drivers crash so much all the time because they are programmed to hit the pedal to the metal all the time.. to the max. Even when they are taking corners.

They are taking corners even when driving on straights lol

Blender_Guy
  • Blender_Guy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:20 PM

The missions in GTA 3 are hard and unrealistic since the technology wasn't advanced enough back then.

I think this is what makes the GTA 3 era so unique and challenging.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:44 AM

Alos, make sure you haven't killed Salvatore yet. That would increase the difficulty of this Mission.

Mr_Human_Guy
  • Mr_Human_Guy

Gringo with Chainsaw

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:17 AM

I honestly never had any trouble with this mission. Honestly when I got into 1st place it's pretty much game over.

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:50 PM

I have also passed in a Mr. Wong's van, and had enough time to turn around just before the last checkpoint. An incredibly easy mission. Try using a Banshee and bumping into one of the racers at the start to get a head start. No need to use cheats at all.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Homeboy

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:30 PM

I recommend using Mafia Sentinel and do this before Staunton Island is unlocked. If you want head start, get some uzi ammo. Cheetahs are BP/EP/FP, but shooting to make drivers scary of you.

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:33 AM

I remember thinking that the mission was impossible after the Leones start hating you. It's like it's staged when you cross through St. Mark's and then all of a sudden your car explodes. What were those guys wielding? Shotguns or RPG's?

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

.. - .----. ... / .- / .--. .-. .- -. -.- .-.-.-

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:56 AM

GTA 3 shotguns were a f*cking nightmare. Give it to the Leones who hate you and boom, never visit Portland again. Heck, even cartels from post game with their M4 look like toddlers when compared to the Leones.

I was even sh*tting my pants in one of the later missions (don't remember the name) where we had to go to Saint's Mark to deactivate a bomb from an Infernus. I was certain I would never complete that mission. Thankfully, the Leones were functioned to not give a crap.

My suggestion, do any Portland side missions before any other storyline mission (after unlocking them, of course). As for this race, grab a Banshee from Car Showroom. It's the fastest car at that stage of the game. If you still suck, do those gimmicks mentioned in the above comments.

• VOIDACID2000 likes this

monq
  • monq

Crackhead

• Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

That's simply a problem of GTA 3: enemies from gangs shoot at you immediately with high accuracy. Leones wield shotguns so that pretty much means RIP if you get near them. I suppose Rockstar was aware of that, because the game changes the shotguns for SMGs during some driving missions around that place.

Starting with Vice City, you can even walk around enemies and they sometimes don't even notice you until you bump into them.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:04 AM

Heck, even cartels from post game with their M4 look like toddlers when compared to the Leones.

They have AK47s after the last mission, not M4. If they had M4 it would be worse than having a shotgun. M4 (or M16 as it is correct) is the most powerful weapon in the game. Unlike the shotgun it can shoot on great distance and its super fast bullet speed allows you to blow up a car for half a second. Shotgun works on close distance and it does maximum damage when all the 5 shells hit the target. Another downside is that you have to reload after each shot.
Have you ever tried to fight the army? They have M16 and as soon as they get out of the Barracks/Tank, you are dead in less than a second.
  • UltraGizmo64, MorsPrincipiumEst and Naroon like this

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:11 AM

Heck, even cartels from post game with their M4 look like toddlers when compared to the Leones.

They have AK47s after the last mission, not M4. If they had M4 it would be worse than having a shotgun. M4 (or M16 as it is correct) is the most powerful weapon in the game. Unlike the shotgun it can shoot on great distance and its super fast bullet speed allows you to blow up a car for half a second. Shotgun works on close distance and it does maximum damage when all the 5 shells hit the target. Another downside is that you have to reload after each shot.
Have you ever tried to fight the army? They have M16 and as soon as they get out of the Barracks/Tank, you are dead in less than a second.

This.

Also this is why I'm always scared of the Waka-Gashira Wipeout! mission, a couple of bullets only are enough to destroy your car in a matter of seconds which is extremely stressful sometimes. The Leones are still very dangerous with their shotgun but it has a short range so you can manage to avoid their bullets by driving in the middle of the road; depends on which of course; or simply take your bulletproof Patriot.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

.. - .----. ... / .- / .--. .-. .- -. -.- .-.-.-

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:50 AM

Ok, maybe I don't remember that well, been a long time. But it doesn't change that Leones were a scary bunch of gangs to deal with.

Also, I never actually fought with the army folks because I usually prefer vehicles when being wanted and/or I get instantly killed by their tanks. And I also know that M4 (or M16) are pretty scary, thanks to my experience with the "riot mode". 

Well, cops are meant to be OP. The gangs, on the other hand, spawn regularly. 

Anyways, enough off-topic.

crashoverride93
  • crashoverride93

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

Well its pretty easy if you use the banshee

Also if you want you could use either the vigilante or fire truck mission to acquire a cheetah stinger or infernus and use that if you prefer.

Spectre "2K"
  • Spectre "2K"

Luxio Lover

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:48 PM

If you're doing a 100% run and already have the borgnine it's like nothing, did it first try with it. 

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Shaominator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

I've always preferred to use a Diablo Stallion for this race. I find the Banshee too twitchy.

Arrow
  • Arrow

Waverider™

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:45 AM

TBH, I've never failed it. The first time I played it in the GTA:LC Mod, I won it with a Deluxo. And then, everytime in GTA III, I use a Banshee and I've never failed. You've to be a way too terrible drive for that.

common_partner
  • common_partner

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:10 PM Edited by common_partner, 13 February 2017 - 03:10 PM.

I managed to do it by placing cars in front of the opponents. I was able to do well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users