Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why do people complain about how Tommy treats Lance?

11 replies to this topic
watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:26 PM Edited by watersgta3, 29 November 2016 - 10:28 PM.

I hear a lot of people talking about how Tommy treated Lance like sh*t and any variation of such, and I'm asking how? I've watched the cutscenes of Tommy's interactions with Lance and I do not remember one scene where Tommy has treated Lance with any form of disdain. Sure at the beginning, he was a little blunt towards him, but I don't remember him treating Lance with any form of contempt. I know you people are gonna bring up the scene where Tommy yelled at Lance in "Bar Brawl". Well tell me this. How would you react to the person who sits on his ass drinking when there's people refusing to pay for protection? Tommy had a great reason to yell at Lance during that scene. He even told Lance himself he won't rip him off or stab him in the back, and from the way he said it, he sounded like a man who would keep his word. Another thing that annoys me is that people always want to get on Tommy for "mistreating" Lance, but need I remind you that Vic was the exact same way towards Lance in VCS? Like Tommy, Vic has called Lance out for his stupidity and screwing things up. Hell Lance said in his phone call with Tommy that he didn't want him to treat him like a kid like his brother did. So I don't get how people call out Tommy for his attitude towards Lance yet say nothing when Vic has (understandably) treated Lance the same way.

• Paul72 likes this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:25 PM Edited by Helegad, 30 November 2016 - 11:27 PM.

It's a personality clash, not genuine contempt either way. They do work well together (Phnom Penh '86, Supply & Demand), although Tommy is a self-aware one-man-army.

Guys, we gotta make this final, we gotta leave no doubt that this operation is mine. Mine!

Not "ours". Lance was always very partial to the concept of sharing.

JohnDonovan
  • JohnDonovan

I'm a hairy slag with spunky attitude you cheeky c*nt

• BUSTED!
  • Myanmar

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:57 AM

He was mostly fine with lance he was a complete wanker most of the time with Kent Paul & Ken, though. 

I've never understood the appeal of the character so generic & smug. 

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:51 AM

He was mostly fine with lance he was a complete wanker most of the time with Kent Paul & Ken, though. 

I've never understood the appeal of the character so generic & smug. 

Well Ken does seem to annoy him with his neurotic behavior, not to mention his coke addiction. So I can see why Tommy is annoyed with Ken.

Mac Tonight
  • Mac Tonight

Mac Tonight, breakfast tomorrow.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:27 PM

Tommy treats LANCE bad? How about Lance being a whiny little prick about everything. Tommy just wants Lance to do what needs to be done for their operation, and he does a pretty sh*t job at it. "Infiltrate Ricardo's operation and move in to take it over? Nah, let's get ourselves captured and hope Tommy saves me like the damsel I am so we can pull a two-man raid on a giant mansion full of armed goons!". "Make sure our newly acquired businesses are paying their protection money? Nah, let's get drunk at the bar and let Tommy do everything!".

• gluserty likes this

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:12 AM

Tommy treats LANCE bad? How about Lance being a whiny little prick about everything. Tommy just wants Lance to do what needs to be done for their operation, and he does a pretty sh*t job at it. "Infiltrate Ricardo's operation and move in to take it over? Nah, let's get ourselves captured and hope Tommy saves me like the damsel I am so we can pull a two-man raid on a giant mansion full of armed goons!". "Make sure our newly acquired businesses are paying their protection money? Nah, let's get drunk at the bar and let Tommy do everything!".

Exactly what I was thinking. Tommy never got upset with Lance unless he did something to screw up.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:46 AM

If Lance wanted to be treated better, maybe he shouldn't have been The Load all the damn time...

• Payne Killer likes this

Indy007
  • Indy007

I'm kind of a rebel. I open chip bags from the bottom.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:04 PM Edited by Indy007, 04 January 2017 - 06:05 PM.

This is true. Lance just likes to sit back and complain pretty much. He's mainly all talk and no action. He's better as a sidekick it seems like than one to actually take the lead and he has a pretty poor time at explaining himself without sounding whiney. Sorry about how your brother treated you Lance, but you're a grown man now.
  • Crimie likes this

Paul72
  • Paul72

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

Because Lance is the Draco in Leather Pants. He's such an interesting character that the gamers want him to succeed and make Tommy out like he's the jerk towards Lance when he never treated Lance bad in any cutscene in the story. He just only berated Lance for his incompetence at times. You know, how the same thing Vic did to Lance in VCS. So you folks should stop giving Tommy so much sh*t and stop making Lance seem like he's tghe victim of the conflicts when that dumbass brought all his problems on himself.

DK06282000
  • DK06282000

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think the reason why Vic gets a pass is because he's lived with Lance his whole life whereas Tommy has known Lance for less than a few months. I think people are just used to siblings doing such things to one another.

• Steezy. likes this

Wingate167
  • Wingate167

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

To be fair, they worked well as a team until Lance decided to kill Diaz himself without talking to Tommy about it and got kidnapped. Then he screwed up with the Protection jobs and Tommy had to do it himself and also humiliated Lance. Tommy probably did not trust Lance and vice versa, that one call where Lance tells him to stop treating him like a child was probably why Lance went to Sonny to tell him about the false money.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

Tommy Vercetti looks more like a psychopathic killing-machine than a human being but I don't remember him being harsh with Lance Vance.

It would've been great if Tommy and Lance teamed up against Sonny and his mobsters in the Keep your friends close mission and to have the opportunity to play some missions with him even after the 100% completion.

As for Ryder in GTA San Andreas Lance is an excellent character who isn't treated the way he deserves in the scenario.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users