» «
Photo

GTA Chinatown Wars Android Save Stats Editing

33 replies to this topic
claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:58 PM Edited by claude13112001, 12 November 2016 - 02:25 PM.

So hello,

As you probably see from the title I have a little problem here. I have completed every single GTA 3 Era game 100% with no busted/wasted/mission failed (also GTA Advance!) and I also want to complete the rest (the first ones and the newest ones) and well I'll make this shorter,I was doing Noodle Run and as I finished,I got busted and the game auto-saved,I immediately quit but as I turned it back on,I had 1 "busted" in my stats,then,a little later,I was doing HoboTron and died 3 times in it and now I have 1 busted and 3 wasted,I don't really care about mission failed-s in this one as there are also some forced ones from what I know. So,I won't post my save now as I don't know whether or not it's against the rules but if anyone comes up with something,I can send them my save. It's REALLY close to 100% (just finishing the rampages,buying the safehouses and it's 100% but I am also aiming for all gold medals in mission replay) so it's not an option to start over. I know it might be cheating or something but the ways I got that busted/wasted-s were really dumb,I think I should turn that damn autosave off :/

So can somebody create a stats editor for GTA Chinatown Wars for Android (I don't really care about other platforms so that's on the one who will possibly do it) or hex edit the save somehow? Like leave everything as is,just clearing those 3 wasted-s and 1-busted stats. It's not really cheating as it doesn't effect the gameplay anyway,well it does when you die/get busted but changing the stats won't give you the stuff you lost back so it actually isn't cheating.

I just can't live with that it's there and I know I am not the only of the "perfectionists" like this so yeah...

EDIT: Also a little side question,is the 81st dealer,Sean,available on the mobile versions of the game? As I talked to all 80 dealers,destroyed all 100 cameras but I don't have him marked on map,he is not there when I checked and I also haven't received any special e-mail or something. Is something supposed to happen after you destroy 100 security cameras or only the normal 100/100 security cameras destroyed pops up and that's it? Thanks :)

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:44 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 12 November 2016 - 02:48 PM.

THIS explains everything about Missions Failed/Attempted in the Stats.  I also took Photos of the entire Stat Menu for my iOS Save in that Topic.  Starter Save and 100% Save.  49 Missions Failed by the end when you reach 100% is actually 0.  50 = 1.  51 = 2.  52 = 3 and so on and so forth.  49 are FORCED Mission Failures and you can't do a damn thing about it.

Sure, there is SOME perfectionists out there, but you won't hear from many people since there is more casuals who don't give a sh*t about anything when playing VS those people who do actually care about things like these.

I don't think you will find anyone who can edit your Save.  That's possible with the 3D Era GTA's on Mobile with some Tools (that I still don't recommend), but surely nothing with CW.  Your best option is starting over (CW is quick and easy, anyways) and having AUTO SAVE TURNED OFF.  I have Auto Save turned OFF for IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V.  It's one of the WORST implementations into the Series for the HD Era as well as Mobile Ports.  It also IS cheating to edit your Save whether you or the next guy doesn't think it's cheating.  Save Editors, Hex Editors, Mods/Trainers are all cheating and if you're a perfectionist, you wouldn't even think of these things when playing GTA.  I personally don't even consider those an option at all when playing.  If I f*ck something up, I just start over as a worst case scenario.  If I f*ck something up minor, like dying, getting busted, I just reload, of course with Auto Save OFF for the HD Era GTA's.

No, Sean is NOT a part of the Mobile Version.  Neither is any of the Mellanie Mallard (?) Missions.  The only thing you get after 100 Security Cameras are destroyed is the decrease in the price of drugs, which helps you make bank, thus making it rather easy to get tons of money to buy all/own all 21 Safehouses in the game.

claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:18 PM Edited by claude13112001, 12 November 2016 - 03:19 PM.

Yes I know but I was working on this one a really long time and it just makes me sad to see those numbers in the stats. And also there are some REALLY tough Rampages or Time Trials that I would rather like to not replay :/ And the save is something like 93.??% complete (I am not sure about the numbers marked by "?") so yeah.

But I would probably make a second playthrough on the PSP version. The Autosave in the PSP version doesn't seem to rewrite your manual save which seems to quite suit me and I want to experience the extra PSP stuff anyway so I'll probably have to live with that my Mobile Save will not really be "perfect" :/

And as I said,I don't really care about the missions failed stat as I have already seen you talking about it somewhere on the forums.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:42 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 12 November 2016 - 03:44 PM.

For me, I care about the whole package.  I always will reach 100% for every Save I do, but not only reaching 100%, it'll also have certain Stats kept to a minimum.  Ones I pay attention to are Deaths, Busted, Cheats, Missions Failed, Safehouse Visits, Pay and Spray Visits, and Total Playing Time.  While reaching 100% with minimum Stats, I also go about obtaining as much Special Vehicles as I physically can and/or can store.  The only instance I fail a Mission is when a Special Vehicle in question requires me to do so and it's one I am interested in obtaining.  For instance, the BP Comet in Salt in the Wound.  This can't be obtained without Mission Failure so I did just that to get it.  My Save has 50 Missions Failed, which means 1 since 49 are FORCED Failures.  I do everything possible for each GTA since I am a perfectionist and completionist.  I wouldn't waste my time if I wasn't planning on finishing something I started.  From the get go, I will do it right, too, thus not needing to re-do it time and time again due to myself goofing up.  Auto Save is a no brainer.  You have it OFF no matter what, no matter what GTA.

claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:49 PM

Yeah so I'll probably just do another playthrough in the PSP version,but I won't be able to do the Xin missions there and get the 81st dealer (he isn't on android anyway) because the RGSC support for this game was dropped... And about the mission failed-s,I care about them in the other games but not really in this one as it doesn't matter if I have 49 or like 70 of them but this really pisses me off that I could maintain 0 deaths and busted-s and then suddenly this happens. Well,until someone skilled enough to do this for me comes in,my android save will not be perfect,yeah it won't really be perfect even after the edit as it can be considered cheating and so on but still... I might replay the game even on Android though but a little later because it's really hard to do some of the stuff on the touch controls. Or I might just figure the save editing thing myself somehow...

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:25 PM

Well, the Missions Failed, despite being bugged has a minimum, though.  It's why I made that Topic to inform people who actually like keeping the Stats as clean as possible what the deal was with how they are generated in Chinatown Wars and it's true for DS, PSP, Android, and iOS.  After documenting all the bugged Stats, 49 = 0.  Have 49, you have 0.  It doesn't matter if it says 49 as nobody can question how it happened.  It's Rockstar being on drugs when they made this game and letting major things like that slide past them.  In fact, there isn't many Stats that should be in the Pause Menu for CW.  Like, there is no Rampages Passed Stat, there is no Stunt Jumps Completed Stat, etc, etc.  They managed to give us a "Fish Fed" Stat, yet, miss some of the major ones like I am referring to and then on top of missing the Stats, they bug the Missions Failed and Attempted Stats to no end.  Speaking of Missions Attempted Stat, that is 145 as the lowest.  145 technically is 84 since 84 is how many Missions Passed you have upon reaching 100% Completion.  The Stats are royally f*cked up, but being f*cked up or not, there is still a minimum number and that is 84 Passed / 49 Failed / 145 Attempted.  Anything higher than 49 and 145 means you failed something or attempted something one too many times.

Good luck on the editing if you manage.

I recommend doing a Starter Save, though.  If you have problems with some of the Side Missions and such due to Controls, lack of skill, whatever it may be, you can get a large portion of the game complete right after Yu Jian, or Pursuit Farce (if you want the GPS Feature to find the Stunt Jumps, Rampages, and various Side Missions).  After Pursuit Farce, you can already achieve 31.86% game completion and that includes all Rampages done with, all Time Trials done with, all Stunt Jumps done with, all R3 Missions done with, and other various Side Missions like Noodle Run, Excess Delivery, HoboTron, Fast Tracks, and all Random Encounters other than 1 for Alonso and 3 for Wilhelm.  You get all of this done after Yu Jian or Pursuit Farce, which are the first one or two Story Missions in the game and then can use such Starter Save for any future playthroughs without starting at 0%.  Instead, start at 31.86% with a lot of the tedious nonsense taken care of already.  I have a Starter Save for all 10 of the GTA's I own, let alone the 100% Saves.  It helps in the long run and also makes each game more fun since you don't need to worry about mundane and tedious tasks over and over since they are already done within a Starter Save.

claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:13 PM Edited by claude13112001, 12 November 2016 - 05:13 PM.

Well,I tried hex editing the file but that seems a bit too hard on me unfortunately. I tried changing all "3" to "0" but it didn't affect anything or it at least seemed like so but the save loaded normally which is weird :/

claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

Well,I found a save backup somewhere like halfway through the game,I might just continue that one but I will finish the almost finished one anyway.

claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:56 AM Edited by claude13112001, 13 November 2016 - 10:52 AM.

So,I tried messing with the save a bit using a hex editor (I have a backup of the save so don't worry ;) ) and it seems I am pretty close as I changed a whole bunch of things but I haven't found the busted/wasted stats yet. I happened to change the percentage of the save,once to 80-something% and once to something like 110% with some kind of a weird save name (although it made sense). I also happened to change the amount of money,reduced some of the mission replay earned medals and really much stuff,now just to find the busted/wasted stats,create a new,clear copy of the save and change only that ;)

EDIT: Yeah so pretty much it seems to be possible but I am not skilled enough with hex to do it :/ As I change almost everything other but not the thing I need :/

Viv1d-Shadows
  • Viv1d-Shadows

An interest with Special Vehicles in GTA

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:25 PM Edited by Viv1d-Shadows, 22 November 2016 - 10:28 PM.

@claude13112001 for the wasted stat check the value at offset 299 like shown here: http://imgur.com/CkoSNIm .
Then put that value through a hex to decimal converter and double check if that values corresponds with the number of wasted times. If so:

1) Make a backup of the save

2) Change the highlighted section to "00" save and put that into the phone

3) Check that the number of wasted is now 0

If you got any problems with Hex-editing let me know. I wouldn't say I know a lot about hex editing but I have done this before...about 10 years ago trying to play with NFSMW saves

@Militia maybe this is a way to get 'duplicates of cars' or even finding out how to activate the BP flag for the cars?

claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:51 PM

So,I was digging around the ENTIRE file and it was THAT simple? :D But yeah,as I already said,I used an older backup,it was pretty fun actually now I am back almost to where I was. But now I at least know how to edit these stats :) They weren't exactly in the 299 offset but they were really close (in the same line actually). I have no idea how you figured that out but thanks! :)
Well,I can't edit the previous post so I'll just add a new one. Well I didn't actually use hex to decimal converter,tge hex values were 01 and 03 (I had 1 busted and 3 wasted stats) and so I changed them to 00 and it worked! :D Also,I am using a hex editor android app so I don't have to move the save around,I just make a backup and go crazy editing the file :D
I actually "edited" the post :D Didn't know it works like this :D
  • Viv1d-Shadows likes this

Viv1d-Shadows
  • Viv1d-Shadows

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:51 PM Edited by Viv1d-Shadows, 22 November 2016 - 10:52 PM.

Simple just got a savefile, get wasted a couple more times, then do search comparisons between each file, then there you go ;) .

Oh really your offset value wasn't 299? Interesting looks like the file structure changes as you progress through the game. Makes automation that little bit harder if we are to go down that path.

I am glad this worked for you :) any other values you want to change? This is actual quite interesting and rewarding (if we get it correct  :lol:!)

claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:55 PM

Yeah,I tried comparing the files too like that but it's the thing that it probably saves also data like what time it is in game,where you saved,real time when you saved the game and then somewhere under all this the actual busted/wasted stats.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:46 AM

Interesting that you found this stuff.  Would be nice to "iron out" the f*ckups by Rockstar themselves like their outrageous addition to Missions Failed Stat and a lot more Mission Attempts than Passed.  However, I personally won't edit anything.  But would be nice for others who want those Stats lower when they SHOULD BE lower, anyways.  Rockstar f*cked that game up so bad in terms of the Stats...

Viv1d-Shadows
  • Viv1d-Shadows

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:00 PM

Yeah I will try and copy and give each car BP properties, seems doable at least for now.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:09 PM

The BP Vehicles are rather sh*t.  I wish there was a way to "break" the Garages and remove the feature that makes all the other Properties a Vehicle possesses disappear.  A lot of the Special Vehicles from the Story are actually AP, but only BP after you store them.  DP/EP/FP disappears the moment the Garage closes down on the Vehicle...

Viv1d-Shadows
  • Viv1d-Shadows

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

Hmm for something like that we would need to take on the executable file to find this out. I don't have a disassembler nor the proper skills/experience to use one :(. However if you could get the source code maybe my amateur programming skills can get us somewhere :lol:

Viv1d-Shadows
  • Viv1d-Shadows

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:27 AM

Those whom are interested in hex editing the file I have found some neat stuff (in my opinion anyway). If there is enough interest here I shall upload my little text document, contain the info, otherwise I am planning to make my very first semi-useful program that can edit the save file :D

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:23 AM

It would be interesting to mess around with it,so yeah,I am interested :)

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:13 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 02 December 2016 - 08:14 PM.

Vivid Shadows sent me a random Save with a Helicopter in the South Slopes Safehouse Garage.  I am not into cheating, editing, etc, etc, but as a "side" Save I can mess around with a Helicopter at least.  Always wanted to fly one in Chinatown Wars, so it's cool that you can hex edit one into the Garage.  The Gumshoe would also be nice to include in a Garage, too...

I already have my main Save complete as well as my Starter Save, so having a Helicopter Save is nice and can have some fun with it.

claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:36 PM

Also,I am now further on in the game in this save then I was in the one where I got busted and wasted so yeah,not really far from 100%. Also MetalMilitia89,just a little side question,do you also have all gold medals (including mission replay)?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:31 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 02 December 2016 - 09:31 PM.

Starter Save (0.0%-31.86%):

• 2 Story Missions (Yu Jian and Pursuit Farce)

• All Random Encounters Except Alonso (1) and Wilhelm (3)

• Vigilante (Gold)

• Firefighter (Gold)

• Paramedics (Gold)

• Taxi Driver (Gold)

• Noodle Run (Gold on Both)

• Excess Delivery (Gold on Both)

• Fast Tracks (Gold)

• HoboTron (Gold)

• 26 Time Trials (25 Gold / 1 Silver)

• 30 Stunt Jumps

• 35 Rampages (6 Gold / 8 Silver / 21 Bronze)

After Starter Save (31.86%-100.00%):

• 56 Story Missions (Everything After Pursuit Farce to Salt in the Wound)
  • 1 Alonso and 3 Wilhelm Random Encounters
  • Tattoo Parlor (Gold)
  • 8 Street Races (Gold on All 8)
  • 5 Weapons at LC Gun Club (Gold, Gold, Silver, Gold, Gold)
  • 100 Security Cameras
  • Obtain All 21 Safehouses
  • Obtain All 8 Trophies
  • Meet 80 Drug Dealers
  • 2 Lions of Fo (Out of 20 Total)

That is what I have Gold on.  In terms of Missions, I never bothered to "replay" them and get Gold, but I may.  Sounds kinda neat since I just finished V and went for ALL Gold on the Story Missions and Strangers and Freaks Missions.  Doing it for TBoGT shortly, and can try it in CW, too.  In CW, for me, the Rampages are the hardest ones to get Gold on and so is this ONE Wetski Time Trial where I could only get a Silver on, so I doubt the Missions would be very hard for Gold, either...

Viv1d-Shadows
  • Viv1d-Shadows

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:16 PM

Some things I found over the past two weeks

Helicopter save: https://drive.google...MjFqWkRQZzU4NkE

Savegame offsets: https://drive.google...WXl4SVk1dFk3WW8

Hex car values: https://drive.google...R2ZIX0lUNmZlSms

I am also looking at those gold medals for time trials and stuff soon :D. Though I think I should make a program which can edit this stuff, what do you guys think?

claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:30 AM

Well yeah that wetski race was a REAL pain to get gold on because there's no handbrake button on Android (and even if it would've been there,it would still be hard to press it) and there are some really tight turns,but then I somehow made it. Also the Liberty City Gun Club,the aiming on Android...oh well,don't wanna swear but yeah,somehow also made it. Now I am going for the rampages and I have something like 9,8 or something around that left,but on some of them I really want to throw my phone outta the window. Like the controls are sometimes that bad that I cannot even pass the easiest of the rampages like the RPG ones for example.

2 Lions of Fo out of 20?! There are only 2 of them on 2 of 20 possible places.

claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:46 AM

Well I got the helicopter save but how do you get it out of the garage? :D

Viv1d-Shadows
  • Viv1d-Shadows

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:45 AM

Ok firstly iirc the handbrake is to quickly go on the accelerator to the brake with a swipe up motion. Once done swiping up to the brake you have literally a split second to steer left or right for your turn.

2) Yeah the aiming on GTA Chinatown Wars in general is just awful I remember trying to get one particular enemy but no matter how much i turn Huang (couldn't turn too much otherwise it'll go out of focus) it just wouldn't lock  :/ . RPG rampage was really really easy on my PSP but not on the iPhone/Android

3) To get the helicopter out of the garage, firstly rotate the plane so that you are facing perpendicular to the garage door. Then go to the very end of the garage directly opposite the door (using the left or right arrows), then use the left or right arrows to quickly maneuver the helicopter to the door.
If you are too slow you would have to try this all over again.
Once you are out, at all costs DON'T FLY NEAR THE GARAGE or else it'll think you are trying to put it back inside (unless you really want to ;) )

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

Well yeah that wetski race was a REAL pain to get gold on because there's no handbrake button on Android (and even if it would've been there,it would still be hard to press it) and there are some really tight turns,but then I somehow made it. Also the Liberty City Gun Club,the aiming on Android...oh well,don't wanna swear but yeah,somehow also made it. Now I am going for the rampages and I have something like 9,8 or something around that left,but on some of them I really want to throw my phone outta the window. Like the controls are sometimes that bad that I cannot even pass the easiest of the rampages like the RPG ones for example.

2 Lions of Fo out of 20?! There are only 2 of them on 2 of 20 possible places.

I tried for a good hour reloading to get Gold on the one Wetski Time Trial but am always off by 2-3 seconds, literally.  So I settled for Silver.  I have Gold on all 25 other Time Trials, though.  Actually, there is a handbrake for Android and iOS.  You just hit the brake, while sliding your finger left or right in the direction you want to sharply turn.  However, doing this for the Time Trial didn't help me.  I just couldn't get Gold and I am not too bothered by it.  LC Gun Club was easy, too.  It's just I wanted to do all 5 Weapons IN A ROW.  If you do one and get Gold, then leave, and reenter, it'll add more Mission Attempts to the Stats and as you know, I have the MINIMUM.  So because of this, I had to do all 5 Weapons in a row and I got Gold on 4 of the 5 and a Silver on one of them.  But it's simple for Gold, but not getting Gold on all 5 of them in a row without exiting and reentering later.  So for the 1 Time Trial I have Silver and for the 1 Weapon in the Gun Club I have Silver.  Then for the Rampages, I have mostly Bronze, some Silver and some Gold.  As for Missions and replaying them at the end of the game for Gold, I have never bothered doing it.

Yeah, 2 Lions of Fo need to be found, but there is 20 possible spots they are in, so you need to go to every single one, basically.  I went to about 16 of the 20 in my FIRST Save to find the 2, but I only went to about 7 in my current Save before I found both.  It took like 10 minutes in total...

claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:31 PM

Yeah I knew about that sliding the buttons kind of handbrake but as you've already said,it doesn't help much on a wetski + in a TIME trial. Also,what's perpendicular? :D

Viv1d-Shadows
  • Viv1d-Shadows

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:56 PM

Well perpendicular means two lines meeting at 90 degrees. So rotate the helicopter until you can see your character triangle is facing roughly 90 degress from the garage door, then fly right out.

Perhaps I should post a quick video on how to get the helicopter out of the garage then

claude13112001
  • claude13112001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:02 AM

Yes,the video would be awesome! :) Also,yesterday,I got 100% :) Now I only have Xin missions and mission replay left.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users