Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

Wow
  • Fireman, trip and fashion like this

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:45 PM

Nothing really new in that trailer, but the game still looks great none the less, and still looking forward to this.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:47 PM

I need this in my life.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Capitol Crusader

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 2 weeks ago

Metro Exodus will be gameinformers March cover.

http://www.gameinfor...s-4a-games.aspx
  • Mister Pink likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by OurJud, 2 weeks ago.

A new Metro game always sparks my interest, but I've learned to take pre-release 'official gameplay' footage (like the videos in the OP) with a very large pinch of salt. While the actual graphics may be what we can expect from real gameplay, the action is clearly heavily directed pre-rendered stuff, meaning its only ever a representation of actual gameplay, despite the claims.

And those lovely clear screens we see... void of any HUD and pop-up prompts.... well forget that. By the time the game gets released we'll have all the obligatory crap on the screen.

• fashion likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted A week ago

Got to have that obligatory crap on my screen, how else do I know I'm dying from radiation?

• OurJud likes this

Dacelo
  • Dacelo

Don't sweat it

• Members
  • Australia
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted A week ago

A new Metro game always sparks my interest, but I've learned to take pre-release 'official gameplay' footage (like the videos in the OP) with a very large pinch of salt. While the actual graphics may be what we can expect from real gameplay, the action is clearly heavily directed pre-rendered stuff, meaning its only ever a representation of actual gameplay, despite the claims.

And those lovely clear screens we see... void of any HUD and pop-up prompts.... well forget that. By the time the game gets released we'll have all the obligatory crap on the screen.

The metro games have incredibly sparse huds, reloading is one of the very few times any elements show up on screen.

• OurJud likes this

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted A week ago

Got to have that obligatory crap on my screen, how else do I know I'm dying from radiation?

By tasting your own piss, duh!

• OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by OurJud, A week ago.

The metro games have incredibly sparse huds, reloading is one of the very few times any elements show up on screen.

They're better than most, I'll grant you that, but you're still not able to turn everything off (with the exception of Redux). I remember the developers of this series, maybe three games back, making a big thing about a game with no HUD, but sure enough when it came to release time they announced it wasn't really viable.

Let me make it clear, I would never support a game which forces HUD-less gameplay on players, but just give us the option, that's all I ask for.

GTAV, the Killzone series, Far Cry Primal (nearly). They're all perfectly playable with no HUD and/or pop-ups, so there's really no excuse for other developers not to do the same.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria
  • Best New Member 2017

Posted A week ago

I still think Dead Space has the absolute best HUD design i'v ever seen because it was all into integrated into the universe and the player's character rather than screen clutter.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Nškyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Best Poster in Debates 2017
    Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted A week ago

Prey has a nicely unobtrusive HUD.
  • Richard Power Colt likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

I still think Dead Space has the absolute best HUD design i'v ever seen because it was all into integrated into the universe and the player's character rather than screen clutter.

When the HUD is supposed to be part of the character's visor or some kind of headset they're wearing, I can just about tolerate it.

Prey has a nicely unobtrusive HUD.

See, this is where I differ from most. When the subject of games with no HUD are discussed, people always mention titles that have a minimal HUD. A minimal HUD is just as bad as a cluttered HUD for me.

Any element of a HUD - be that a permanent fixture or the ones that pop-up as prompts - ruin any immersion that might be there otherwise.

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted A week ago

No offense but you're missing out on a lot of great games just because you can't stand any HUD on the screen.
  • OurJud and OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Any element of a HUD - be that a permanent fixture or the ones that pop-up as prompts - ruin any immersion that might be there otherwise.

By adding autofade, or an option to keep HUD completely turned OFF and should not pop up even when you are performing any action, or interacting with the environment?
Apart from FC2 (autofade) allowing 0 HUD, I don't recall any game that allows the latter. Even in GTA V playing FP with no HUD, the weapon wheel will show up.
  • OurJud likes this

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted A week ago Edited by fashion, A week ago.

Some HUD popups are necessary. But for the love of god, games like Fallout, AC Origins or Skyrim should let me disable that goddamn compass. Where's the fun in exploration when I'm directed to the nearest locations anyways? This should be optional in every single game with a map/compass.

Yes, you can fade the HUD entirely, but I don't want everything gone.. just the compass mostly. Minimalistic AC Origins HUD was a great option, but it still has that dumb compass showing me everything.
  • OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

No offense but you're missing out on a lot of great games just because you can't stand any HUD on the screen.

Oh, I know it's like cutting off my nose to spite my face, but the desire to disable the HUD entirely has become a bit of an obsession for me. It used to be the same with driving sims, where the ability to disable the HUD was rare, but now you're hard pressed to find a driving sim where the option to disable the HUD isn't there. I'm just hoping first-person games go the same way, where a 'HUD off' option becomes standard.

I hasten to add this obsession for disabling the HUD only applies to first-person games.

Apart from FC2 (autofade) allowing 0 HUD, I don't recall any game that allows the latter. Even in GTA V playing FP with no HUD, the weapon wheel will show up.

KIllzone 2,3,4 allowed you to disable the HUD and all interactive pop-up prompts. As does Fallout 4.

And don't get me started on this new weapon wheel all games seem to have adopted. It was so much easier when we could just cycle through our weapons by tapping triangle. And it was quicker. And less confusing. And less cumbersome.

Some HUD popups are necessary.

Wouldn't necessarily agree with that. I played Killzone 2,3 and 4 right through with HUD and interactive prompts disabled.

If pop-up prompts are needed, then it's because of bad game design.
  • Am Shaegar likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users