What was multiplayer like in RDR 1?

12 replies to this topic
BowdonUK
  • BowdonUK

GTA OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:01 PM

I liked RDR 1 but I think I only went on to multiplayer once. I think I had a donkey and this guy kept running around killing me every time I spawned. I stopped playing multiplayer after that.

But now I'm wondering how was the multiplayer in the game?

was it good?

what could you do in it?

Do you guys have some good memories?

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:46 PM

Definitely a lot friendlier than V. People didn't immediately shoot at you and you unlocked things with normal progression. Things didn't feel like a grind.

It did go the way of GTA 4 multiplayer with modders.
  • coach_wargo, tonko, UshaB and 2 others like this

Night Machine
  • Night Machine

1980's Time Traveler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:11 PM Edited by Night Machine, 08 November 2016 - 04:12 PM.

I liked RDR 1 but I think I only went on to multiplayer once. I think I had a donkey and this guy kept running around killing me every time I spawned. I stopped playing multiplayer after that.

But now I'm wondering how was the multiplayer in the game?

was it good?

what could you do in it?

Do you guys have some good memories?

That sounds like every session I ever been in, in RDR online. LOL  It didn't matter if you were on a donkey or a horse.  From my experience it was just as bad as the GTAVO public lobbies.  

• Raj Brunner likes this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

red dead redemption multiplayer was awsome until modders came on. i remember so many great times in shootouts and playing the new game modes everytime they came out. my favorite part of the multiplayer was when me and my friends or even randoms held out at el presidio just using the cannons and gatling guns surviving against the mexican army then people would start to migrate there to try and get our bounty. we would have these huge epic fights battling over the fort and it was awsome. i really hope red dead redemption 2 has a fort similar to el presidio and i can do that agian.

• tonko, NearExpansion and Dream-_-Traveler like this

NearExpansion
  • NearExpansion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:42 PM

Best way to build up your online rank was play as much friendly online as you could endure.  Once you were around 25-30 rank you could pretty compete with anyone as ranking tops out at 50. 

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:50 PM

All glitched out, due to modders messing up the game.

Definitely a lot friendlier than V. People didn't immediately shoot at you and you unlocked things with normal progression. Things didn't feel like a grind.

It did go the way of GTA 4 multiplayer with modders.

I disagree. People pop you in this game from yards away or if you're near them. It's no different from GTAO.

• Night Machine likes this

TommySpaghetti
  • TommySpaghetti

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:42 PM Edited by TommySpaghetti, 08 November 2016 - 08:45 PM.

Posse vs Posse battles at El Presido were fun times. Gang Hideouts with friends and sometimes randoms were fun. Loved the "100 Headshots" with each weapon challenge that unlocked you golden version of weapons. (a gold dynamite stick was pretty funny but tough to get :D) and more.

I spent most of the time in Friendly and Hardcore Free Roam sessions.

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:32 AM Edited by tonko, 11 November 2016 - 07:06 AM.

red dead redemption multiplayer was awsome until modders came on. i remember so many great times in shootouts and playing the new game modes everytime they came out. my favorite part of the multiplayer was when me and my friends or even randoms held out at el presidio just using the cannons and gatling guns surviving against the mexican army then people would start to migrate there to try and get our bounty. we would have these huge epic fights battling over the fort and it was awsome. i really hope red dead redemption 2 has a fort similar to el presidio and i can do that agian.

Second that. Best multiplayer experience for me so far. Don't get me wrong, GTA V was good, but after almost a year it got boring. RDR on other hand had: grab the bag, free for all, hold your own, undead overrun, gang matches, etc. Awesome.

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:57 AM

It was really, really fun. I loved it. It is the game where I'm best at when it comes to killing people in multiplayer. I was killing peeps from left to right to center, it was a massacre, I was almost untouchable. Bolt action rifle + Super bull = Killing sprees all day.

I stopped playing about 3 years ago and just got back recently. I had no idea how badly the game has been hacked, it is extremely messy and almost unplayable. 

The RDR era was amazing, nothing better than exploring the landscape riding a god damn Spanish super-bull.

• Jon Jon and Dream-_-Traveler like this

Night Machine
  • Night Machine

1980's Time Traveler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:35 AM

It was really, really fun. I loved it. It is the game where I'm best at when it comes to killing people in multiplayer. I was killing peeps from left to right to center, it was a massacre, I was almost untouchable. Bolt action rifle + Super bull = Killing sprees all day.

I stopped playing about 3 years ago and just got back recently. I had no idea how badly the game has been hacked, it is extremely messy and almost unplayable. 

The RDR era was amazing, nothing better than exploring the landscape riding a god damn Spanish super-bull.

I quit playing it online a good 3 years ago because it was already a hack fest at that time.  I can only imagine what it's like now.  It's a shame people have to ruin something that could be so great

• UshaB likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:03 PM

I quit playing it online a good 3 years ago because it was already a hack fest at that time.  I can only imagine what it's like now.  It's a shame people have to ruin something that could be so great

I read R* cleaned the MP up when RDR 2 was revealed.

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:12 PM

I read R* cleaned the MP up when RDR 2 was revealed.

Nah man, definitely not. I started playing it again after 3 years because of the 2nd release. It is absolutely horrible.

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

dunno

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:15 PM

It was fine until 2014

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users