Photo

Texture usage?

4 replies to this topic
Davve95
  • Davve95

CJ - You wanna get back down so?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:55 PM Edited by Davve95, 04 November 2016 - 09:56 PM.

Hey!

So I have started to work with textures, creating my own ones. And editing too.

The question is are there any great site that allows me to use textures

on here if I later relase my work? (I mean release re-textuered objects)

I found a pretty great site http://texturelib.com but I'm too chicken too use them as it says

"for personal use and commerical use"

So either you have to use them just for personal use or if you're creating commericals just?

Anyway please post a great site that contains great textures with using with out problems.

I hope the topic ain't missplaced. Otherwise please move it.

I was un-sure if it belongs to modding or not or rather here.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:03 AM

Terms of Use

All images are taken by my own cameras and edited by me.

They are free for commercial and non-commercial use with the only limitation: you are not allowed to sell or distribute original or slightly modified images alone or in packs. You can only distribute them as an integral part of your product.

I think it's pretty clear that you're allowed to use them however you want as long as you don't distribute any of the images on their own.
  • sivispacem and Davve95 like this

Davve95
  • Davve95

CJ - You wanna get back down so?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:42 PM Edited by Davve95, 05 November 2016 - 05:15 PM.

Thanks I missed that yesterday, plus the tabs was a bit bugged at their site.

I guess I will go ahed and use them then.

I got two more questions: If I edit just a small TXD file so I maybe just need one texture from texturelib

will that be okay or not? Or will it count as releasing it on their own as it's just one from them?

And also: Will there be any problem with releasing San Andreas orginal textures, I mean if they don't have to be edited?

If they're included in a TXD?

Edit: I forgot to mention too. Are it allowed to include un-edited and editited IV textures in my work?

Maybe it could be good to write something like this when/if I release anything on here:

Spoiler

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:14 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 10 November 2016 - 11:16 PM.

I got two more questions: If I edit just a small TXD file so I maybe just need one texture from texturelib
will that be okay or not? Or will it count as releasing it on their own as it's just one from them?

You're not distributing that image on its own, only as part of the work you've done so it follows their guidelines perfectly fine. What they mean is you're not allowed to just download their images and reupload somewhere else for others to take without doing anything with them.

And also: Will there be any problem with releasing San Andreas orginal textures, I mean if they don't have to be edited?
If they're included in a TXD?

Edit: I forgot to mention too. Are it allowed to include un-edited and editited IV textures in my work?

Those belong to Rockstar and distributing original files from the game will without almost any doubt constitute copyright infringement and is almost certainly mentioned in the EULA that no one ever reads while installing the game. So no, it's not, unless it falls under some kind of fair use or something similar which I have a hard time believing but I don't know. The odds that Rockstar will come after you though pretty much don't exist, just look at all the mods that can already be found across the internet.

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:30 AM

I found a pretty great site http://texturelib.com but I'm too chicken too use them as it says

"for personal use and commerical use"

So either you have to use them just for personal use or if you're creating commericals just?

Commercial Use usually means if you are going to use it to make money off of their stuff and if you are allowed to use it, it usually means you do not have to pay them anything. At least thats my understanding

• Davve95 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users