[HELP] vorbisfille.dll is missing

10 replies to this topic
LANTZ
  • LANTZ

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:48 AM

I know this is a common error that people get, but I have vorbisfile.dll in my gta sa directory and I just have to copy and paste it to gta_sa.exe to run the game. However, I want to run 3d analyze and I can't because vorbisfile.dll is missing. I tried using ILmerge utility to merge vorbisfile.dll into gta_sa.exe permanently but I always have an error. What else can I do?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

Reinstall the game.

LANTZ
  • LANTZ

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:07 PM

And lose everything? Is that really my only option?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:11 PM Edited by lil weasel, 02 November 2016 - 08:15 PM.

What is to lose? Save your config (gta_sa.set) file elsewhere.
Modding questions/problems are not discussed in this part of the forum. Check out the Modding Forum if that is your problem.
The Save Game is stored in documents.
File sharing is not part of the forum.

WELCOME to the San Andreas forum!
Before you post Rules

Reinstalling always puts back missing files, unless the Security quarantines a file.

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:45 PM

If you're using external tools (3d analyze?) that need vorbisfile or other DLLs, the you might need to copy the DLLs into the same directory as the exe of those tools. "ILmerge" appears to be made for Net Framework modules, which the the game is not. Generally, if a program requests a DLL and I don't know where to put it, I would use Sysinternals Filemon (or Process Monitor) to log the path(s) where the DLLs are searched for in, and put them there. Maybe try running game & tools from a directory outside Program Files.

LANTZ
  • LANTZ

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:15 PM

If you're using external tools (3d analyze?) that need vorbisfile or other DLLs, the you might need to copy the DLLs into the same directory as the exe of those tools. "ILmerge" appears to be made for Net Framework modules, which the the game is not. Generally, if a program requests a DLL and I don't know where to put it, I would use Sysinternals Filemon (or Process Monitor) to log the path(s) where the DLLs are searched for in, and put them there. Maybe try running game & tools from a directory outside Program Files.

I downloaded Process Monitor and it's pretty confusing. So how do I use it to put vorbisfille.dll in gta_sa.exe?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:24 PM

What do you need 3D Analyze for? If it's to fix game-breaking bugs, have you tried the SilentPatch yet?

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:22 AM

I downloaded Process Monitor and it's pretty confusing. So how do I use it to put vorbisfille.dll in gta_sa.exe?

I'm sorry if I'm leading you down a wrong path. It is a diagnostics tool, and doesn't make changes to other programs.

Spoiler

LANTZ
  • LANTZ

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:12 AM

I'm sorry if I'm leading you down a wrong path. It is a diagnostics tool, and doesn't make changes to other programs.

Spoiler

No I think you may be on to something. So I checked/unchecked the stuff you said but when I tried to launch the game I didn't see anything change in the Process Monitor window

crashoverride93
  • crashoverride93

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

This maybe far fetched but you might can try making a copy of vorbise and paste it into c:/windows/system32 and trying again.

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

This maybe far fetched but you might can try making a copy of vorbise and paste it into c:/windows/system32 and trying again.

Don't ever do that... Never...
  • Silent likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users