Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you want the "Honor" system to return?

24 replies to this topic

Poll: Horseballs (77 member(s) have cast votes)

Honor system, yes or not?

1. Yep (67 votes [87.01%])

Percentage of vote: 87.01%

2. Naw (10 votes [12.99%])

Percentage of vote: 12.99%

Have you looked in the cave Seth?

1. "No, it's too dark" (30 votes [38.96%])

Percentage of vote: 38.96%

2. I hate people (47 votes [61.04%])

Percentage of vote: 61.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote
The Deadite
  • The Deadite

HELLO BOILS AND GHOULS

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:33 AM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 29 October 2016 - 08:45 AM.

Personally, i don't care if it doesn't return.

It would made sense if the first game had story ramifications but i felt it was not used to it's full effect, besides, i don't see John acting like an asshole, it contradicted his whole personality and felt like a unecesary gimmick.
  • Payne Killer likes this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

Just another forumer...don't mind me...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:17 AM

Why not? Missed opportunity if not. They could put random events out in the world and once you ride by, you can decide what happens.
  • stjimmy3 likes this

Matty
  • Matty

Bounty Hunter

• Australia

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:22 PM

Of course. In Red Dead Redemption, it did offer perks and consequences to the player on both sides and it also determined how the world reacted towards the player as well. However, I'd like the system to be expanded further in RDR2 as to determine what sort of side-tasks that the player is able to participate in, and the types of random encounters that will show up for the player.

Another idea too would be to tie it into the storyline - with certain missions only being available if the player has chosen to be honourable, with an equivalent mission available only if the player has chosen to be dishonorable.

• Mister Pink, ClaudeSpeed1911, Payne Killer and 5 others like this

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:44 PM

Yes, I'd love to see an updated version of the one we had in Red Dead Redemption, but with more consequences on how we'll play the game and its storyline (something ala inFamous).

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

HELLO BOILS AND GHOULS

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:49 PM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 29 October 2016 - 12:53 PM.

Of course. In Red Dead Redemption, it did offer perks and consequences to the player on both sides and it also determined how the world reacted towards the player as well. However, I'd like the system to be expanded further in RSR2 as to determine what sort of side-tasks that the player is able to participate in, and the types of random encounters that will show up for the player.

Another idea too would be to tie it into the storyline - with certain missions only being available if the player has chosen to be honourable, with an equivalent mission available only if the player has chosen to be dishonorable.

Like inFAMOUS 2, Cole (the protag) goes through phisical changes depending of his actions.
He dresses in black and has a messy look if he acts like a villain, however if he acts like a hero, his clothes are lighter in tone and looks more tidy.
  • Matty, Payne Killer and LincolnClay like this

cowabunga
  • cowabunga

Renegade

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:54 PM

Sure, but having more influence in the story.

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

Let's Drop the Beat!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:56 PM

It should affect the open world more than just a few snarky comments from Townsfolk, such as Bars not serving you because of your reputation, or being able to go into areas where certain gangs are hiding out.

Or hell, even the ability to join these gangs and do side-tasks for them, or vice versa with the Law.

Possibilities are endless with this system, let's hope R* doesn't screw it up.

• Mister Pink, saintsrow, Matty and 5 others like this

cowabunga
  • cowabunga

Renegade

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:58 PM Edited by cowabunga, 29 October 2016 - 12:59 PM.

Oops, I double-posted it. Sorry guys.

Matty
  • Matty

Bounty Hunter

• Australia

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:11 PM

Of course. In Red Dead Redemption, it did offer perks and consequences to the player on both sides and it also determined how the world reacted towards the player as well. However, I'd like the system to be expanded further in RDR2 as to determine what sort of side-tasks that the player is able to participate in, and the types of random encounters that will show up for the player.

Like inFAMOUS 2, Cole (the protag) goes through phisical changes depending of his actions.
He dresses in black and has a messy look if he acts like a villain, however if he acts like a hero, his clothes are lighter in tone and looks more tidy.

Yes, exactly.

That's another thing RDR2 could do with an updated honour system, too - determine what weapons the protagonist can use and what outfits they can wear - with certain outfits and weapons only being available to dishonourable, or honourable, players. As you said, for dishonourable players, the protagonist would have a more rough, rugged, and gritter appearance and the weapons that they have access to would cater to this sort of gameplay as well.

• Payne Killer and The Deadite like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

Yeah I'd like to see it return, it added a weight to the random violence that the player could do. Saying that the bandana was a nice idea, allowed you to cause mayhem without any change to the honor stat.
  • Mister Pink, saintsrow and gtaoplayer like this

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

Rock my socks.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:11 PM

I don't mind either way, it doesn't really change how I play the first one so it doesn't matter. But if they make it better so it influences the story or, like others have suggested, your appearance (like in Fable) then I would like that.

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:11 PM

I'd definitely want to see it return.

Thing is, having bad honor in RDR is hypocritical as you are playing as Marston, a man set on getting redeemed for the sins he committed when he was in Dutch's gang. It makes more sense to have bad honor in this game since I believe that it'll be a prequel, gives more backbone to Marston's path to a quiet and peaceful life.
  • saintsrow likes this

Little Big Man
  • Little Big Man

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:55 PM

I don't think RDR2 will be released on the honour system.

If you want a copy, they'll make sure you pay for it.

• saintsrow and The Deadite like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:53 PM

I'd definitely want to see it return.

Thing is, having bad honor in RDR is hypocritical as you are playing as Marston, a man set on getting redeemed for the sins he committed when he was in Dutch's gang. It makes more sense to have bad honor in this game since I believe that it'll be a prequel, gives more backbone to Marston's path to a quiet and peaceful life.

Since there wasn't any more story arc left in RDR after the Jack Marston branch, I played Jack as a low-down, no-honor SOB, killin' folks everywhere, and running down the eyewitnesses, and killin' them, too.  

But I got bored and never pursued it far enough to see how low honor can go.  It's easy enough to keep a bounty on your head, and then the posses are after you all the time.  Felt almost as bad as GTAV cops.  

• Mister Pink likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:46 AM

I'd like for it to return. I was always had Good Honour.

Shadow__Hazard
  • Shadow__Hazard

~Live~to~Ride~

• Members
  • None
  • Antisocial Knob 2016

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:15 AM

Of course.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Computerwelt

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 01 November 2016 - 12:03 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 01 November 2016 - 12:05 PM.

I love the honour system. Especially when you accidentally kill an innocent person and your honour goes down a bit. You feel genuinely bad.

Likewise when you do good deeds and it feels rewarding.

For those of you that think it contradicts Marston's story of Redemption, it doesn't really. People don't shake habits so easily.And it's the things that Marston does in the story that counts. His attempts or at least his conscience at play for the bad things he's done.

And besides if there is an honour system and you think Marston doing dishonourable acts is against the story, then don't do dishonourable acts. Simple as. Don't restrict the gameplay for the rest of usand make it less realistic because of an opinion you formed. It's not hypocritical when a alcoholic relapses nor should it be of Marston robs a bank or mugs a person.

JohnWeazel
  • JohnWeazel

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:31 PM Edited by JohnWeazel, 01 November 2016 - 03:33 PM.

I would like it to return, but I also think it needs to be a bigger factor somehow. It didn't do all that much in RDR besides make you feel bad sometimes, and it honestly didn't feel like it fit at all to be evil as John or Jack.

I've said this in other posts, but I think it would be interesting if they split the story up (or even just the playable characters) into a "Good" and a "Bad" (maybe even an "Ugly" somehow, just for the reference lol) Imagine having one story (or protagonist) as a good guy gunslinger or lawman, and another as a badass outlaw.

There's plenty of possibilities but considering how Rockstar has played with the multiple protagonists idea a little bit, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar was in RDR2.

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:49 AM

YES

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:23 AM

I'd like it to return, and I'd like it to play a bigger role in how the people of the community treat you.

• Rich. and tonko like this

Mac Tonight
  • Mac Tonight

Mac Tonight, breakfast tomorrow.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

Sure, if it has a gameplay purpose like it did previously. I would also hope that it would affect the outcomes of side missions or hopefully even main missions, but considering how Rockstar prefers to create more linear stories, I wouldn't count on a large change in how the Honor system works in terms of story application

Brick Top
  • Brick Top

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:01 AM

Anything really, but the more features for SOLO the better since I'm f*cking sick of Online play these days. Looking for people to have a good time with is like picking for needles in a hay stack. So, yeah I am already very dubitative of this RDR2 release allthough it's predecessor was my favorite game of all time. I just see too much from GTA online is gonna get carried on over there, I just hope I'm wrong.

Professor SmackaDabbah
  • Professor SmackaDabbah

Dananananananana she really loves to break

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:55 AM

Yeah keep it. When a game has a feature that makes you genuinely concerned about your reputation in a make believe video game world, it means it's something you wanna keep around.

• Skarekrow likes this

Skarekrow
  • Skarekrow

citizen punk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:59 PM Edited by Skarekrow, 04 January 2017 - 09:59 PM.

Yeah keep it. When a game has a feature that makes you genuinely concerned about your reputation in a make believe video game world, it means it's something you wanna keep around.

I concur. Having the player decide whether or not to take the moral high ground based on what rewards/consequences they think they will earn/suffer makes them actually give a sh*t about what's happening to their character and the world they live in.
  • Perez84 and Professor SmackaDabbah like this

Urban Legends
  • Urban Legends

Innocent Hood

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

Every dog has it's day. I'd like to see a really dark side to the Antagonist. It can easily happen especially at this time in history.

• BurnettVice likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users