Photo

RDR2 Possible Leaked Map Discussion

87 replies to this topic
Merle Travis
  • Merle Travis

Lost John

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:51 PM Edited by oglocindahouse, 25 October 2016 - 05:53 PM.

So everybody is eating the leaked map up, but I think I found something speaking against it. Bear with me.

We all know that the leaked map features West Elizabeth from RDR in the lower left corner, i.e. the leaked map is a combination of new territory and Tall Trees and Great Plains (and Blackwater) from the RDR map. This would mean we can revisit the RDR map but only that part of it. So assuming that, there would have to be something cutting West Elizabeth off and preventing us from going into the regions around Thieves Landing and on to Hennigans Stead and so on, right? So what would that be? Invisible walls? Not very R* like, they mostly do huge mountain ranges or infinite oceans as a means to close of a game map, from what we have seen.

So if the leaked RDR2 map is indeed real and the connection to the old map is real there would have to exist some sort of invisible walls to cut off West Elizabeth from the rest of the old RDR map. They could do it with water, like in the first two parts in RDR before West Elizabeth is accessible. But here is the thing...this only works if you die from stepping into water. Both the leaked map and the RDR2 teaser suggests a lot of water areas, meaning it is extremely unlikely they kept the die-from-swimming mechanic, at least when it comes to rivers. I don't really think they can make RDR2 without a swimming mechanic. And IIRC the only thing that kept West Elizabeth cut off was a river. No mountain ranges, no other invisible walls.

I just think it would be extremely awkward if we can revisit that part of the RDR map, only to find some sort of invisible walls preventing us to go further southwest into the old RDR territories. This is making me question the whole validity of the leaked map, but then again we have the shot with the man and horse coming from a hunt in the teaser that so clearly looks like West Elizabeth. So I am really torn in what to believe.

What do you think?

• Beez and saintsrow like this

NikosUncle
  • NikosUncle

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:03 PM

Maybe there are some kind of guards that shoot you dead if you try to cross it?

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:20 PM

My hope is the leaked map is fake or it's real and the final game includes all of the old RDR1 map. I will be slightly disappointed if there is no Mexico in RDR2.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

HBKingJosh
  • HBKingJosh

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:27 PM Edited by HBKingJosh, 25 October 2016 - 06:37 PM.

So everybody is eating the leaked map up, but I think I found something speaking against it. Bear with me.

We all know that the leaked map features West Elizabeth from RDR in the lower left corner, i.e. the leaked map is a combination of new territory and Tall Trees and Great Plains (and Blackwater) from the RDR map. This would mean we can revisit the RDR map but only that part of it. So assuming that, there would have to be something cutting West Elizabeth off and preventing us from going into the regions around Thieves Landing and on to Hennigans Stead and so on, right? So what would that be? Invisible walls? Not very R* like, they mostly do huge mountain ranges or infinite oceans as a means to close of a game map, from what we have seen.

So if the leaked RDR2 map is indeed real and the connection to the old map is real there would have to exist some sort of invisible walls to cut off West Elizabeth from the rest of the old RDR map. They could do it with water, like in the first two parts in RDR before West Elizabeth is accessible. But here is the thing...this only works if you die from stepping into water. Both the leaked map and the RDR2 teaser suggests a lot of water areas, meaning it is extremely unlikely they kept the die-from-swimming mechanic, at least when it comes to rivers. I don't really think they can make RDR2 without a swimming mechanic. And IIRC the only thing that kept West Elizabeth cut off was a river. No mountain ranges, no other invisible walls.

I just think it would be extremely awkward if we can revisit that part of the RDR map, only to find some sort of invisible walls preventing us to go further southwest into the old RDR territories. This is making me question the whole validity of the leaked map, but then again we have the shot with the man and horse coming from a hunt in the teaser that so clearly looks like West Elizabeth. So I am really torn in what to believe.

What do you think?

I think the leak map may be valid and it can line up If you look at the info they gave us it says a epic tale of the american Heartland. Which if you look at the leaked map  Roanoke Ridge would be Arkansas & Missouri , Cumberland Forrest would be Iowa and Wisconsin, The Heartlands would be Kansas and Nebraska.  Big Valley is Montana and Wyoming,  and Part off Colorado Tall Trees is also Colorado , the the plains being Oklahoma sbhTx5T.jpg

Little Big Man
  • Little Big Man

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:43 PM Edited by Little Big Man, 25 October 2016 - 06:51 PM.

No bridge over the river. That's all it'll take.

They stopped you crossing that river once, they can do it again.

Ah, I see you mention swimming, but I don't think it'll be included.

The southern and eastern game limits are water.

Without them there's nothing to stop you visiting Kenway in Nassau or Nico in Algonquin.

• BretMaverick777 likes this

HBKingJosh
  • HBKingJosh

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:54 PM

Without them there's nothing to stop you visiting Kenway in Nassau or Nico in Algonquin.

The bride most likely will be broken 

Little Big Man
  • Little Big Man

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:00 PM

Maybe it ain't built yet.

Little Big Man
  • Little Big Man

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:08 PM Edited by Little Big Man, 25 October 2016 - 07:09 PM.

(oops)

• HBKingJosh likes this

HBKingJosh
  • HBKingJosh

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:08 PM

Agreed 

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:14 PM

Isn't this map already confirmed as the real deal?

FRANKlEBOY
  • FRANKlEBOY

unredeemable

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:18 PM Edited by FRANKlEBOY, 25 October 2016 - 07:20 PM.

Isn't this map already confirmed as the real deal?

No it ain't.

• Gabriela_L likes this

Gabriela_L
  • Gabriela_L

rebel girl

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:26 PM Edited by Gabriela_L, 25 October 2016 - 07:30 PM.

The distance between New Mexico and New Orleans seems way too short, even for a videogame

Red%20Dead%20map%20leak.jpg

then again San Andreas did something similar. But when you look at RDR, GTA IV, and V the scale of those games seemed a lot more realistics and I think RDR2 is gonna take that same approach.

• Merle Travis likes this

Merle Travis
  • Merle Travis

Lost John

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:03 PM Edited by oglocindahouse, 25 October 2016 - 08:04 PM.

Don't you think it would be strange to keep the insta-die-in-water feature in a 2017 game? I mean I even found it annoying in RDR. GTA let's you swim since GTA SA. I hope you are wrong, mainly because all that water, like the rivers and lakes in the teaser and on the leaked map. I wouldn't want all that water to be untouchable. That's a LOT of area then completely wasted.

But assuming you could actually swim, I think it would be weird coming upon that river crossing to Thieves Landing and not being able to cross. Like it would just be an invisible wall preventing you from climbing ashore, while knowing you could go further in RDR. Maybe it'll be like that but I would find it rather odd.

DIEXEL
  • DIEXEL

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:17 PM

I think the leak map may be valid and it can line up If you look at the info they gave us it says a epic tale of the american Heartland. Which if you look at the leaked map  Roanoke Ridge would be Arkansas & Missouri , Cumberland Forrest would be Iowa and Wisconsin, The Heartlands would be Kansas and Nebraska.  Big Valley is Montana and Wyoming,  and Part off Colorado Tall Trees is also Colorado , the the plains being Oklahoma sbhTx5T.jpg

What the hell is that for map? It's like they just adding new land masses to the existing game world of RDR1. This could confirm the leak back in august about GTA and the online mode, that they will just add LV, SF, LC and NY into the existing game world of V/GTAO during the upcoming years. Holy!

NikosUncle
  • NikosUncle

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

Doesn't the fact that the New Orleans name is the same as in Mafia 3 make the map not so legit?
  • Sunrise Driver likes this

Pink Pineapple
  • Pink Pineapple

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:54 PM

So assuming that, there would have to be something cutting West Elizabeth off and preventing us from going into the regions around Thieves Landing and on to Hennigans Stead and so on, right? So what would that be? Invisible walls?

oadpSMs.jpg

• saintsrow, Fluffy Sock, thatstupidbug and 17 others like this

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:55 PM Edited by GourangaMaster, 25 October 2016 - 08:56 PM.

If it is indeed the real map and the game is a prequel then it's a simple solution to have the bridge not yet constructed. Even the leaked map shows no roads or rail leading back to new austin. As for swimming, i don't see how not having the mechanic in RDR2 affects the game. I didn't feel i needed or wanted to swim in RDR and in a western narrative find it is not very relevant or necessary.

• Mister Pink and The Deadite like this

HBKingJosh
  • HBKingJosh

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:06 PM Edited by HBKingJosh, 25 October 2016 - 09:07 PM.

Doesn't the fact that the New Orleans name is the same as in Mafia 3 make the map not so legit?

Sister companies people  forget  2kcheck assisted in GTAV

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

If it is indeed the real map and the game is a prequel then it's a simple solution to have the bridge not yet constructed. Even the leaked map shows no roads or rail leading back to new austin. As for swimming, i don't see how not having the mechanic in RDR2 affects the game. I didn't feel i needed or wanted to swim in RDR and in a western narrative find it is not very relevant or necessary.

It's necessary cause dying the moment your head touches water is stupid, and a lazy way to create a barrier in a game... Especially when it happens to animals that are naturally good swimmers in real life. It's the only real blunder in the previous game IMO and they need to handle water areas in a better way in the next game, especially if that leaked map is real, since it seems to be far more water-based.
  • saintsrow likes this

Dee.
  • Dee.

Outlaw

• Yee
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:45 PM

So just because you dont know what will stop us from crossing into New Austin, you think the map is fake? 

Im pretty sure R* figured something out before they even began to craft the game. Also, there's a river separating the 2 land forms so they could easily remove the bridges and make us unable to swim again. Doesnt seem far fetched

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:47 PM Edited by saintsrow, 26 October 2016 - 04:44 AM.

Why don't they just include the whole RDR map? And we damn well better be able to swim this time.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Fan-Made Map 2017 [Capital City]
    2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:43 AM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 26 October 2016 - 12:43 AM.

What?
The area you mentioned was locked but from the other side in the original RDR, the bridges were down.
Did you even paid attention before posting this thread?
  • Fluffy Sock, Payne Killer, Dee. and 1 other like this

Dee.
  • Dee.

Outlaw

• Yee
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:03 AM

What?
The area you mentioned was locked but from the other side in the original RDR, the bridges were down.

Basically this.

Your whole OP amounts to nothing.

• The Deadite likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:48 AM

What?

Basically this.

That's only because cowboys are too stupid to learn how to swim or use a boat, or to pay some guy who does know how to use a boat, and their horses can't swim, either.  

I expect better this time.  Dying as soon as you touch the water, like it's hot lava, kinda breaks the immersion, as someone said in this context recently.  

• Piggsy pls, Chinese Takeout, Shadowfennekin and 4 others like this

Fluffy Sock
  • Fluffy Sock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:56 AM

What?

Basically this.

That's only because cowboys are too stupid to learn how to swim or use a boat, or to pay some guy who does know how to use a boat, and their horses can't swim, either.  

I expect better this time.  Dying as soon as you touch the water, like it's hot lava, kinda breaks the immersion, as someone said in this context recently.  

Well, that's exactly what they'd want in doing so :lol:

Spoiler

• saintsrow and Chinese Takeout like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:09 AM

What?

Basically this.

Well, that's exactly what they'd want in doing so :lol:

Spoiler

Immersion.  :p

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:17 AM

I'll just say this: no argument I've seen yet has convinced me one way or the other about the map.  It could be real, or it could be fake.  Neither outcome would shock me.  But if it's a fake, I think it's one of the best-made fakes in a lot of small ways that I've ever seen.  Most other fakes are eventually dismissed by the bulk of fans as the flaws become more and more obvious.  With this one, I've yet to read a really solid argument that it's fake.  (Including this thread - just because we don't know how they'll prevent us from going into the rest of the old map doesn't mean that they won't.)

In short: if it's real, I'm happy.  And if it's fake, kudos to whoever made it - you did a good job of fooling a lot of people.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:31 AM

I'm still not convinced that map is real at all.... and I don't want it to either. Mafia 3's a f*cking turd of a game. I don't want it referenced in Red Dead.

Also, it'd be nice if we actually could swim this time. Some water should not have been instant death, the rushing rivers yes but everything else no.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:57 AM

So assuming that, there would have to be something cutting West Elizabeth off and preventing us from going into the regions around Thieves Landing and on to Hennigans Stead and so on, right? So what would that be? Invisible walls?

oadpSMs.jpg

or this.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Lock n' Stock and Pink Pineapple like this

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:38 PM Edited by Jabalous, 27 October 2016 - 12:39 PM.

Part of why I don't want this map to be the real one is because it's too early to have the whole map spoiled. Where's the excitement in the next 12 months if I already know how the map looks and how big it's? Part of the hype leading to the release of an open-world R* game is trying to imagine how the map will look and how large it's before they finally reveal it on the game's website close to its release. This is how it went with Redemption and I expect that how it will go again with Redemption 2.

• saintsrow and Lock n' Stock like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users