Anyone hoping it's NOT Dutch's gang?

55 replies to this topic
Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:23 PM

The chance of it being Dutch's gang is quite slim. I hope it's a new gang with their own story that will either have no or very little connection to Dutch's gang.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homeboy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:59 AM

What if it went even earlier? It could be a story of how the whole gang got started.
  • Mister Pink and UltraGizmo64 like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:54 PM

What if it went even earlier? It could be a story of how the whole gang got started.

It can't since there are electricity. Though maybe the game takes place in different era's so maybe you are right.

• Mister Pink and UltraGizmo64 like this

BretMaverick777
  • BretMaverick777

Riverboat Gambler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:41 PM

While Dutch's gang makes sense, I get the impression the setting for this story is a lot farther back in time than the "Vanishing West" of the John Marston era.   Everything I've seen of the teaser trailer and the alleged leaked map points to a time when the West was still young, and centers more on the heartland of America rather than the far desert West.   Plus, I'm not at all convinced that the "Magnificent Seven" of the RDR2 splash screen are the same "Magnificent Seven" seen riding out in the teaser trailer.   Other than costume changes and different hats, their build and complexion and weapons of choice seem to point to a different gang entirely.

That's why I think this is actually going to be a fully customizable gang instead of any pre-existing characters, known or unknown.   I think R* wants the West to be wide open, including character creation and story design.   Sort of a Saints Row model, allowing you to customize your gang including different voice actors, customize the way you want to play and where you want to focus, while at the same time having a central storyline that we all share as RDR2 players. 

• Mister Pink, UltraGizmo64 and BurnettVice like this

ibsmokin
  • ibsmokin

Gta junkie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:48 AM

I hope it's not dutchs gang, be cool to run into them and see John again, maybe exchange some words or bullets but that's it. I'm hoping for a black protagonist. Struggling with his place in the world after the civil war. That would be awesome.

HBKingJosh
  • HBKingJosh

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

It was never Dutches gang to begin with 

Screewdriver
  • Screewdriver

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:25 PM

The chance of it being Dutch's gang is quite slim. I hope it's a new gang with their own story that will either have no or very little connection to Dutch's gang.

Quite slim?? Bill Williamsen is clearly in artwork, so the chance is quite big. I really hope it`s about Dutch`s gan. They never said much about the past, so R* will have a lot of surprises for us. I belive R* is very good at what they do, so they will make it very interesting.

JohnWeazel
  • JohnWeazel

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:41 AM Edited by JohnWeazel, 15 November 2016 - 01:15 PM.

Quite slim?? Bill Williamsen is clearly in artwork, so the chance is quite big. I really hope it`s about Dutch`s gan. They never said much about the past, so R* will have a lot of surprises for us. I belive R* is very good at what they do, so they will make it very interesting.

They did though. Quite a bit. John's past with the gang was the the whole reason the story in RDR even happened. The past is talked about and explained in dialogue throughout the game. Plus we already know what happens with John and the gang and how they left him for dead, so that takes away any suspense that a story would have if it only focused on that.

So I'd have to agree that the chances of it being Dutch's gang are slim. But I fully expect there to be references and maybe even appearances from some of the characters in the gang.

• Jon Jon likes this

Screewdriver
  • Screewdriver

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:47 AM

They did though. Quite a bit. John's past with the gang was the the whole reason the story in RDR even happened. The past is talked about and explained in dialogue throughout the game. Plus we already know what happens with John and the gang and how they left him for dead, so that takes away any suspense that a story would have if it only focused on that.

So I'd have to agree that the chances of it being Dutch's gang are slim. But I fully expect there to be references and maybe even appearances from some of the characters in the gang.

No, they did not. John and Abigail got away from an orphanange, and somehow came together with Dutch. They had some sort of Robin Hood thing going with the gang. John got shot and allmost killed on a ferry. Bill Williamson was very angry at John for some reason. Abigail slept with everyone in the gang until she and John had a baby. That pretty much sums up what we know. There could be other gang members we don`t know about. We could follow a new protagonist that is in the gang, so we could get a new view of the characters we allready know, and I guess a lot happend, that we do not know when John was in the gang. 

And how do you explane Bill Williamson in the artwork? 

HBKingJosh
  • HBKingJosh

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:09 AM Edited by HBKingJosh, 04 October 2017 - 05:59 AM.

No, they did not. John and Abigail got away from an orphanange, and somehow came together with Dutch. They had some sort of Robin Hood thing going with the gang. John got shot and allmost killed on a ferry. Bill Williamson was very angry at John for some reason. Abigail slept with everyone in the gang until she and John had a baby. That pretty much sums up what we know. There could be other gang members we don`t know about. We could follow a new protagonist that is in the gang, so we could get a new view of the characters we allready know, and I guess a lot happend, that we do not know when John was in the gang. 

Papacu
  • Papacu

Yo soy tu Papacu

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:24 AM

What was the leader of the Gang Name  we know it was not Dutch. John told the Mcfarlands that the Government never went after him because he went mad. 

Dutch van der Linde is the leader and creator of the Dutchs Gang

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:52 AM

I guess one of my issues is that a prequel to a game that came out how many years ago doesn't usually add up well because it has so many new features. It wouldn't make sense.

Let's say for example they add swimming. Well, how the f*ck did that ability get lost in time? I get it. I'm picking at straws here but there's gonna be new features and stuff that would make sense to a different era in the west that some people would probably raise eyebrows on. 

I'm not too sure how I want the game to go. I just want it. 

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:57 AM

Hoping that this actually is the prequel we want, I think this will be related to Dutch's Gang. We still don't know (unconfirmed) who're the 7 in the Teaser Image. Dutch and Bill were considered ideal rogues before they went after Marston in RDR. While we may not be able to see what brought Marston and the others into Dutch's Gang, we might be able to see their involvement in an idealistic way or if not, we might be able to see the events that led Marston to leave Dutch's Gang. Also, bear in mind that Marston may be a supporting character or just a NPC/Easter Egg sort of character at most.

• Mister Pink, E•MO•TION, Kushology and 1 other like this

Napalmbrain
  • Napalmbrain

What is Buzz?

• Members

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:05 AM

I can't speak for anyone else but the teaser image seems to indicate this game will revolve around the gang, for 2 big reasons. First of all, that is John, Dutch and Bill in the teaser image, no question about it. The second reason is the game is called RDR 2, and we don't know why. Seems obvious to me that the game is going to be strongly connected to RDR.

Dest45
  • Dest45

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:53 PM Edited by Dest45, 19 November 2016 - 08:55 PM.

Im hoping we play with a gang, either side if the law, but I agree. I want new faces. We know how the other story ends. Was kinda hoping for a more 1860- late 70s but that doesnt look like it happened.

If anything I would like to play a new character in Dutch's gang that we don't know

IG_
  • IG_

Thug

• Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:02 PM Edited by IG_, 19 November 2016 - 11:05 PM.

Wouldn't mind it if it was the Dutch Gang, but I prefer the games having their own story line.

Then Rockstar is less constrained in developing the plot, plus I just prefer new story lines and characters.

HBKingJosh
  • HBKingJosh

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:39 AM Edited by HBKingJosh, 04 October 2017 - 05:59 AM.

What was the leader of the Gang Name  we know it was not Dutch. John told the Mcfarlands that the Government never went after him because he went mad. 

Dutch van der Linde is the leader and creator of the Dutchs Gang

Dest45
  • Dest45

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

While Dutch's gang makes sense, I get the impression the setting for this story is a lot farther back in time than the "Vanishing West" of the John Marston era.   Everything I've seen of the teaser trailer and the alleged leaked map points to a time when the West was still young, and centers more on the heartland of America rather than the far desert West.   Plus, I'm not at all convinced that the "Magnificent Seven" of the RDR2 splash screen are the same "Magnificent Seven" seen riding out in the teaser trailer.   Other than costume changes and different hats, their build and complexion and weapons of choice seem to point to a different gang entirely.

That's why I think this is actually going to be a fully customizable gang instead of any pre-existing characters, known or unknown.   I think R* wants the West to be wide open, including character creation and story design.   Sort of a Saints Row model, allowing you to customize your gang including different voice actors, customize the way you want to play and where you want to focus, while at the same time having a central storyline that we all share as RDR2 players. 

You sure pulled a lot out of your ass for that post. While the things you said would be awesome its unrealistic especially given that R* hasn't hinted at any of that, the trailer gave no indication of any of it and they have a past of making us play who THEY want us to play

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:18 PM

Player based names and voices, BUT you can edit how they look.

THAT, would be cool as hell.

Screewdriver
  • Screewdriver

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:55 PM

I guess one of my issues is that a prequel to a game that came out how many years ago doesn't usually add up well because it has so many new features. It wouldn't make sense.

Let's say for example they add swimming. Well, how the f*ck did that ability get lost in time? I get it. I'm picking at straws here but there's gonna be new features and stuff that would make sense to a different era in the west that some people would probably raise eyebrows on. 

I'm not too sure how I want the game to go. I just want it. 

If they are going for multiple protagonist, they could have special perks for the characters. Dual wielding for one character, swimming ability for another, etc etc.

Screewdriver
  • Screewdriver

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:02 AM

Hoping that this actually is the prequel we want, I think this will be related to Dutch's Gang. We still don't know (unconfirmed) who're the 7 in the Teaser Image. Dutch and Bill were considered ideal rogues before they went after Marston in RDR. While we may not be able to see what brought Marston and the others into Dutch's Gang, we might be able to see their involvement in an idealistic way or if not, we might be able to see the events that led Marston to leave Dutch's Gang. Also, bear in mind that Marston may be a supporting character or just a NPC/Easter Egg sort of charactI 

I think the guy in the middle of the artwork is the protagonist, and he is working with Dutch`s gang. And I think we are getting another view of Dutch, Bill, Escuela and Marston. Maybe we think Marston is an asshole, and Bill is actually a good guy after this game  :O

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Professor SmackaDabbah
  • Professor SmackaDabbah

Dananananananana she really loves to break

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:41 PM

I hope it's not. I wanna come across them in a mission or doing a few missions for them but they shouldn't be the focus of the story. Everyone who payed attention to RDR already knows their story.

Skarekrow
  • Skarekrow

citizen punk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:48 AM Edited by Skarekrow, 30 December 2016 - 02:49 AM.

Yeah... them being rehashed as main antagonists again six-seven years down the road comes across kind of lazy and underwhelming...

If I had the power to I'd write the story behind this new gang to be something along the lines of The Hateful Eight meets The Magnificent Seven but with a sole protagonist. Considering this is RDR 2 (and not Red Dead Revenge,...), I wouldn't be surprised if Dutch and his gang had a major connection with the plot of this new sequel.

Shadow__Hazard
  • Shadow__Hazard

~Live~to~Ride~

• Members
  • None
  • Antisocial Knob 2016

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:23 AM

Hope not.

Don't want the story to be about those scumbag sh*theels.

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:21 PM

Who wants to bet they'll be a reference to "The Hateful Eight" in this game?

I wonder if someone will poison some coffee? :D

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:08 AM

I wouldnt mind if we see dutchs gang in rdr2 but i dont want to play as them. We could see a up and coming young robber dutch , thatd be cool. But i want new characters to learn about
  • UltraGizmo64 and BurnettVice like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users