My Computer - Installs Updates One at a Time

7 replies to this topic
Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:57 PM

So a few months back, I got a new CPU and motherboard.

It works no problem, but there was loads of complications getting the OS up and running again.

I use Windows 7 x64 bit.

After I have finally installed it and managed to get updates to installed, one problem...well two.

1: I have updates, but it comes in one at a time instead of updates installing in one go. For example: Definition Update for Microsoft Security Essentials - KB2310138 (Definition x.xxx.xxxx.x)

I keep getting this with different version definitions.

I have had a look at the settings and I can't find anything that would installed packages etc in one go.

Before, when Windows was installed, me and other people around the net was having trouble just getting the computer to update anything and now this.

2(relates to first problem): When ever I play a game like GTA V or any other that allows me to use a Xbox 360 or One controller, it won't work, I have searched and downloaded drivers to get it working but it still does not install right to play it on the PC.

I think it may have something to do with the Windows Update.

Before, I never problems installing the drivers.

PLEASE, PLEASE. PLEASE someone help.

P.S Please don't saying anything about re-installing Windows, I have had enough of doing that.

blaze
  • blaze

Big Homie

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:10 AM

just out of curiosity is it a legitimately purchased copy of 7 or a downloaded one activated with say daz's loader? i know there's problems with updates on some pirated versions, for example windows update would sh*t itself on me and leak memory through the netsvcs process slowing my system to a halt a minute after boot.

Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:29 PM

just out of curiosity is it a legitimately purchased copy of 7 or a downloaded one activated with say daz's loader? i know there's problems with updates on some pirated versions, for example windows update would sh*t itself on me and leak memory through the netsvcs process slowing my system to a halt a minute after boot.

It's a genuine disc with a code when I got my computer.

Fozzy Fozborne
  • Fozzy Fozborne

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:47 PM

Sorry for the bump, but this should prove useful.

First things first let's start with Windows Update troubleshooter here: https://support.micr...n-us/kb/2714434

Click 'run now' and it should download a file that will open and run. Be on the lookout at the early stages for an 'advanced' button' as you might need to click advanced -> run as administrator for it to work.

I don't have anything running 7 anymore so I can't validate exactly how it runs.

If that fails, or it says everything is fine, check out autopatcher here: http://www.softpedia...er.shtml#sgal_0

I've used it before and it's self-explanatory and easy. Might take a while to install updates.

Now as far as your controller goes, there are a few aspects. 1) Is this a wireless controller attached through the USB port (play&charge kit) or through Microsoft's wireless dongle?
IIf it's a wireless 360 controller you would need the appropriate wireless receiver. If it's any xbone controller or a wired (only) 360 you will want to use USB.

2) With the controller attached, head to device manager and see if you have any 'unknown devices' or anything with an exclamation point.

If you do then post what it looks like.

Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:53 PM

First things first let's start with Windows Update troubleshooter here: https://support.micr...n-us/kb/2714434

Click 'run now' and it should download a file that will open and run. Be on the lookout at the early stages for an 'advanced' button' as you might need to click advanced -> run as administrator for it to work.

I don't have anything running 7 anymore so I can't validate exactly how it runs.

If that fails, or it says everything is fine, check out autopatcher here: http://www.softpedia...er.shtml#sgal_0

I've used it before and it's self-explanatory and easy. Might take a while to install updates.

Now as far as your controller goes, there are a few aspects. 1) Is this a wireless controller attached through the USB port (play&charge kit) or through Microsoft's wireless dongle?
IIf it's a wireless 360 controller you would need the appropriate wireless receiver. If it's any xbone controller or a wired (only) 360 you will want to use USB.

2) With the controller attached, head to device manager and see if you have any 'unknown devices' or anything with an exclamation point.

I can't even run the AutoPatcher when downloaded.

And when I check for updates now, it just says it's up to date.

I've looked all over the internet and found so many ways that I could try and none of them have worked.

Me and many other people think it's Microsoft doing this on purpose, something they have done to get people to get Windows 10 I guess.

And I use a wired controller, before getting my new CPU and Motherboard, I had no problem pluging it in and playing.

I think it IS something to do with the updates to enable me to play it.

I really do not know what to do now :( I have nothing else to think of that I can do.

I've tried everything.

Damn you MS!

Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:50 PM

I'm able to use an Xbox Controller, I read online that drivers cannot be installed on the computer if it's not an Official Xbox controller. I can confirm it's true as I have bought a standard controller, plugged it into my PC and it just started to download the driver right away without a problem. I think it's a way for MS to get more money so it won't work on cheaper controllers.

Fozzy Fozborne
  • Fozzy Fozborne

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:03 AM

I'm confused by this post. Do you have a licensed Microsoft Xbox controller you're trying to use?

The 'I think it's a way for MS to get more money so it won't work on cheaper controllers.' Makes no sense.

Why would you expect a controller designed for an XBox to work on PC?

Microsoft extends the functionality of their own to support PC, but other manufacturers won't necessarily do that.

Also you mentioned you got a new CPU and motherboard, did you reinstall Windows after that upgrade?

You should always reinstall Windows after a substantial hardware change like that.

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:39 AM

It's a genuine disc with a code when I got my computer.

what does the disc say on it? Is there a logo on it that shows the computers manufacturer?

If so, then that disc wont work properly with your new motherboard and there is the possibility that some of the drivers did not get installed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users