Photo

Why do people hate online?

243 replies to this topic
Endless2404
  • Endless2404

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:12 PM

Because it is (boring IMO) mostly a negative experience and, in R* case, it declines the single-player counterpart in quality.

• Tomasak, Journey_95, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:55 AM

No joke after some of the things R* have added to GTAO I wouldn't be surprised if they added some Cowboys vs Aliens type sh*t for RDO or whatever it's going to be called.

Online (multiplayer) isn't an issue. See how well it was done in GTA IV, RDR and MP3. It's R*'s greedy nature that is.
  • Gtaman_92, anthony, Killerman29 and 1 other like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:12 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 14 July 2017 - 02:16 PM.

There's somewhat of a decent empire building structure in GTAO that I want to see in a GTA: being able to own more than one property but having a choice of a few, businesses etc, large car garages, but it's dogged by it's grindfest nature due to Shark Cards. I mean we can't make it too easy for the gaming community right, then they wont buy Shark Cards, derp. Just knowing someone has a real money advantage over me because they bought a shark card kills it for me. It's like paying a girl to be your girlfriend. It's not real. In GTAO, I want people succeed cause they put the time and effort in, not because they payed more. 

This all aside from the things that make sharing with other members of the public a nightmare, like quitters, griefers, excessive loading times. I think GTAO apologists are casual gamers or don't play many other games outside GTA, are kind of new to GTA (maybe it's there first or second GTA title) and are of a slightly younger generation and that they don't have much experience enjoying single player. Singleplayer in their realm is a 10hr Call of Duty campaign. Then again GTAO, I think brought in another breed of game dude-bro gamer with disposable income or just people you probably wouldn't want to hang out with in real life. 

But this is par for the course when you are aiming to get as many people playing your game, as apposed to just actually catering to a sizeable, loyal audience/fanbase. There's a lot more commercial decisions being made in V seemingly to get everyone to play and their sister. GTA is more like Coldplay than say Nirvana. Both huge influential rock bands but one catered to a niche grunge and post-punk/alternative audience and the other would be happy with their CD sitting on the CD rack in your sisters, the aunts and uncles and even your granny and grandads CD player. It's a safe, please all experience and not really exceeding well in any one thing. 

EDIT: "CDs" lol 

ferguson99
  • ferguson99

Fergs Gaming

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

We do people treat online like "single Player Mode"....... its Multiplayer gaming, bringing everyone together to enjoy the game.

• ragedandcaged likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

We do people treat online like "single Player Mode"....... its Multiplayer gaming, bringing everyone together to enjoy the game.

Who is treating Online like single player? What do you mean? 

Yes, some us of don't need others to enjoy a game. It might be a bonus to share the experience with a mate but I'm usually playing games because I get to do what I want when I want within the games capabilities and that I don't have to go along with what other people want to do. It's usually "me time." 

Dee.
  • Dee.

Happy Holidays!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

...what?

*DERGaming
  • *DERGaming

“Respect has to be earned just like money.”

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

...what?

He's saying too many people treat Single Player like it doesn't exist and people seem to think that Online is "The new Single Player".

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

I want to own a ranch with many horses and cows. And get a warning that cattle rustlers are raiding it so I can swoop in and save the day.
  • Mattodon likes this

Dee.
  • Dee.

Happy Holidays!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:08 PM

I want to own a ranch with many horses and cows. And get a warning that cattle rustlers are raiding it so I can swoop in and save the day.

Thats cool and all but thatll cost you $50 worth of barn bucks...

And you may get booted from the game mid-raid so you'll have to spend 50 hours grinding resupply missions and waiting another ingame 11 hours for it to fill up again.

Arabia
  • Arabia

Snitch

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:32 AM

I wouldn't mind an RDRO so long as it can maintain the immersion of the single player mode, which, I guess, partly relies on the player demographic that picks up the game (hoping that RDRO boasts a mature player base).

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

Because its f*cking garbage that cancelled any chance for good SP DLC content and updates? I really fear for RDR2 and GTA VI, V was only affected by their boner for it post release but now that they know that its successful as hell and that kiddies will eat it up they might focus on it even more

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

I don't understand that mentality. I understand being disappointed that we didn't get more story content for GTA V but the idea that Rockstar is a greedy villain for not giving us more is ridiculous.

The worst part is that Rockstar gave us something awesome in the GTA IV DLC's that they didn't need to. Additional content worth paying for. And when they didn't do it again they're suddenly awful people.

This is why people so often don't do more than they're expected to. Because if they ever do anything less than that afterwards they're looked at as "less than". Even if what they're doing is ten times better than what everyone else is doing.

So just because they delivered great DLC's years ago everything they do after that no matter how shady should be excused? What kind of bullsh*t fanboy logic is this

Rockstar even promised SP DLC for V but clearly cancelled it when Online became more successful. Thats classic greedy bullsh*t.

What they are doing now is not 10 times better than everyone else at all. You only have to look at TW3 or Uncharted which is also getting a big SP expansion. 

I honestly can't see how the story mode of gta 5 was affected by online, its filled with content to do after the story and whether the story's writing quality sucked or not online has nothing to do with it.

Is R*'s CURRENT focus gta online? yes it is, mostly due to Take2 demanding it but during the development of gta 5 id say online wasnt added untill late in development, in fact it's clunky and god awful launch is probably an example on how little attention it got.

While i hate the fact that R* won't add the online content into SP (they even go so far to blacklisting them if you manage to glitch them in), i feel that most people in this thread aren't very educated on how the behind the scenes work so the just blame an optional microtransaction and the aforementioned refusal to add online content to SP and automatically hate it, thats why people hate online.

RDR2 will probably have a great story and great online and people will continue to blindly hate the online, while i don't mind that in the slightest i'll be enjoying the entire game rather than only just the SP.

GTA V post release was affected by the Online bullsh*t though. Thats a fact, considering Rockstar promised SP DLC's and then just cancelled it without even saying anything.

Just pushing it on Take Two doesn't really help matters, they suck like EA but don't really absolve Rockstar.

Nothing to do with being educated. Rockstar didn't release any SP DLC or give SP any Online content. That basically demands hate on Online because its the reason.

And the SP is the entire game for many people (including me) here. 

• Dee. and Xiled like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:33 PM

^Not just that, but each Online update breaks something in SP, which Rockstar never bothers to fix. For instance, after drum magazines were introduced in Online, weapons in SP cutscenes no longer have any attachments (scope/magazine). It's a small thing but it'll take you right out of a cutscene. And after the Gunrunning update, certain weapon modifications are glitched, due to the advanced options being added to Online. So yes, SP IS negatively affected by Online.
  • Xiled likes this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

^Not just that, but each Online update breaks something in SP, which Rockstar never bothers to fix. For instance, after drum magazines were introduced in Online, weapons in SP cutscenes no longer have any attachments (scope/magazine). It's a small thing but it'll take you right out of a cutscene. And after the Gunrunning update, certain weapon modifications are glitched, due to the advanced options being added to Online. So yes, SP IS negatively affected by Online.

Wow, didn't know that. Now that's f*cked up!

• Piggsy pls likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

They basically have no one assigned to Single Player bugs and tweaks anymore I'm assuming, which is why this happens. Actual support for GTA V was probably dropped long ago, other than for GTA Online updates. Pretty sure they've got to be ending soon.

• Piggsy pls likes this

DexPac
  • DexPac

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:14 PM

I don't understand that mentality. I understand being disappointed that we didn't get more story content for GTA V but the idea that Rockstar is a greedy villain for not giving us more is ridiculous.

The worst part is that Rockstar gave us something awesome in the GTA IV DLC's that they didn't need to. Additional content worth paying for. And when they didn't do it again they're suddenly awful people.

This is why people so often don't do more than they're expected to. Because if they ever do anything less than that afterwards they're looked at as "less than". Even if what they're doing is ten times better than what everyone else is doing.

So just because they delivered great DLC's years ago everything they do after that no matter how shady should be excused? What kind of bullsh*t fanboy logic is this

That's not what I said at all. I said they didn't need to give us a single player expansion then and they don't owe us anything now.

Dee.
  • Dee.

Happy Holidays!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:05 PM

That's not what I said at all. I said they didn't need to give us a single player expansion then and they don't owe us anything now.

Really now? So after practically announcing the damn thing and not releasing it, you still think they dont "owe us anything"? lol

r/hailcorporate

• Xiled likes this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:17 AM

I hate it cause shooting in Gta 4 was better and damage included.

I gta 5, yes you can run n gun but everything else is junk.

The multiplayer in rdr2 was amazing, but nothing lasts forever.

Hopefully RDR2 brings the same, but 2x better.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:43 AM

They wanted to make money, thats why they gave us TLAD and TBOGT. Its not like it was for free or anything.

And of course they owe us, considering they announced SP DLC at the end of 2013 and in general SP is what made this series so popular and successful. They are f*cking over their fans.

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:01 AM Edited by MojoGamer, 03 August 2017 - 04:03 AM.

There already made up for the SP DLCs, by firing The Benz.

In reality gta 3/4/5  had 3 protagonists. Even VCS, LCS were 2 protagonist s altogether. Chinatown Wars made up for no San Andreas Stories.

It did make it popular and successful, but gta:o is the only thing f'in us.

Mattodon
  • Mattodon

The Damascan Tusk

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

"The Walton Gang has entered the Raged & Caged Red Eye Ranch. Stop them before they raze your facilities and rustle your bulls!"

You rustle our cattle, we'll rustle your jimmies!

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:01 AM

There's one reason ... the singleplayer is compromised by a big online part/mode - we have all seen it with GTA V.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:16 PM

Because of the fear the single player experience would be compromised by Rockstars thirst for online micro transaction profit. 

I dont think RDR would have quite the same potential that GTA:Online has for something like Shark Cards. I just hope Rockstar doesnt devote too much time trying to ram in this "feature" at the expense of what was always a single player story driven game. 

silly_nate
  • silly_nate

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

I don't really play games online, and I've only been playing GTA Online for about 6 months, but I honestly believe that game is rigged to where you have to buy shark cards or do a heist to get money. Everything is too expensive and missions and activities give out very little. So I myself am not looking forward to that in Red Dead Online.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

In a phrase, I don't play well with others.

highzman420
  • highzman420

IM NOT HYPE, IM OBSESSED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:45 PM

I really could care less why other hate anything, but personally, i cant wait for RDOnline tho  :beerhat:

• DexPac likes this

McGhee
  • McGhee

Jerk Asshole Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:11 AM

Griefer asshats, retards, keyboard heroes, know-it-alls, more griefer asshats, kids, lowlife scum, miserable f*cks and because R* supports all the before mentioned.

I also hate it, because I can't play the content in SP and have to play in Closed Friend Sessions or Invite Only, so not able to play a certain amount of the content unless I reduce MTU or have to go in Pubic Sessions. 

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:12 AM

Because it takes the fun away from people almost getting story dlc

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

Really now? So after practically announcing the damn thing and not releasing it, you still think they dont "owe us anything"? lol

r/hailcorporate

No, he is correct.  While lack of single player DLC is disappointing, you are not OWED anything.  At all.  You didn't pay for or pre-order any DLC.  It wasn't announced when the game first came out either, so you didn't buy the game with any reasonable expectation that DLC would definitely be coming.  Rockstar is a business like any other; the only people they owe anything to are their investors and their customers who have paid for something and haven't yet received it.  Everything else is entirely at the discretion of their bottom line. 

That's capitalism, and sometimes in capitalism, sh*t happens.  Movies you wanted to see don't get made, or get half-made and then abandoned.  Games turn into vaporware because they're too expensive or too chaotic to finish.  Books are left unwritten (even as we speak, George R.R. Martin is doing everything in his power to not write the last two Song of Ice And Fire books) due to lack of inspiration or lack of a sufficient market to warrant publishing them.  Until money has changed hands, you have no legal or moral guarantee of anything.

But does it suck that no DLC ever came out?  Yeah, obviously.  In retrospect I'd trade half of the Online updates for one good single player expansion, especially since Online eventually became about as fun as a root canal.

• Meekail and highzman420 like this

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Grove street 4 life

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

I love online if it's done right.

• highzman420 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users