Photo

Why do people hate online?

237 replies to this topic
Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Noh....nowy tendz

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:27 PM Edited by Audiophile, 24 October 2016 - 03:29 PM.

I don't hate Online. In fact, I was quite hyped for GTA: O when it was revealed. What I hate is a lack of focus on SP because of Online. It is obvious that due to Online in V, focus was lost on SP and the SP suffered. This may not be the case with RDR2 but it is understandable why people are wary. I hate the fact that there is an economy where you're basically forced into buying micro-transactions to enjoy new content. Where lobbies are riddled with trolls and hackers. SP is always #1 for most people with R* games. Online is just the icing on the cake...it should not be the focus.

Yet we ended up with 69 story missions across 3 protags in V. Clearly cut SP content. Not a single bit of SP DLC because they've been churning out online DLC after DLC. Keep in mind, early on in V's life-cycle they had a Newswire post telling people to expect SP DLC in the "coming year", I think it was. I am sure someone can find the Newswire article. This never came. V had so much potential that was unrealized because of the Online focus - you can't deny this.

I am fine with online in RDR2....I just don't want a repeat of what happened to V. It's my biggest fear with this game right now because R* games hold a special place in my heart. 

EDIT: spelling errors.

• temi4328 likes this

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:48 PM Edited by DangerZ0neX, 24 October 2016 - 03:49 PM.

I'm getting errors posting my actual message, I don't know why.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:59 PM

Nobody said you had to grind.
Do some CEO work. So some biker work. Do some custom deathmatches, stunt races, custom races, collect bounties. There's literally HUNDREDS of ways to make money. I fail to see the issue at hand.

CEO work where you get griefed nonstop by others and one sticky bomb = 100% of your profit lost. You better be in a calm lobby otherwise don't even bother trying CEO work. Custom deathmatches? You mean the parkour fests that are essentially a race to the 100 miniguns hidden away and dying over and over for 20 minutes? Yeah sounds fun.

You say there's hundreds of ways to make cash. You're right, there are hundreds of ways. The same way there's hundreds of ways to put cereal in a bowl, some methods are worthless and some are excellent. Bounties are worthless, the most you'll get is 10k in a game where most things cost seven digits worth of cash at least.
  • Shaundi., PhillBellic, Audiophile and 3 others like this

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

Do some CEO work. So some biker work. Do some custom deathmatches, stunt races, custom races, collect bounties. There's literally HUNDREDS of ways to make money. I fail to see the issue at hand.

CEO work where you get griefed nonstop by others and one sticky bomb = 100% of your profit lost. You better be in a calm lobby otherwise don't even bother trying CEO work. Custom deathmatches? You mean the parkour fests that are essentially a race to the 100 miniguns hidden away and dying over and over for 20 minutes? Yeah sounds fun.

You say there's hundreds of ways to make cash. You're right, there are hundreds of ways. The same way there's hundreds of ways to put cereal in a bowl, some methods are worthless and some are excellent. Bounties are worthless, the most you'll get is 10k in a game where most things cost seven digits worth of cash at least.

Oh stop whining. Nut up and get a shark card then. Or stick to the single player experience you're given. Don't want it? Then go play Undead Nightmare or go play TBOGT or TLAD.

f*cking gamers think they're entitled to everything. Yes rockstar said at one point that a single player DLC was coming out. Three. Years. Ago.

Obviously with the success of Online, it's not happening. Get over it.

I'm not screaming that we STILL cannot store police vehicles. If it'll happen, it will. If not, then f*ck it.
  • Fuzzknuckles, Pastry, psymin and 1 other like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:40 PM

stuck up lonely prick who fear social interaction

That's a generous way of describing yourself.

Go online and experience all the content you're missing out on.

You mean the content that costs hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars?

You do realize that grinding the same heist 20 times for 40 straight hours just to afford two cars and their upgrades isn't considered fun, right?

I don't even care mate, I don't play Online anymore. It was fun for months and then other stuff came along. 

You know how that works, right? When you aren't getting anything out of something so you, like, go and do something else instead? So what's the problem? You can either not play it and have no reason to be upset or you can, like, play it and make the most of it and risk actually having some fun with other people. The choice is yours. Sadly we have no choice in whether or not people come here and complain about it endlessly as though we're going to somehow either find enough sympathy for yet another boring anti-Onliner, or actually be able to do something to change the situation for you. 

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

f*cking gamers think they're entitled to everything.

>Oh stop whining.
>Nut up and get a shark card then.
>stick to the single player experience you're given. Don't want it? Then go play Undead Nightmare or go play TBOGT or TLAD.

>Yes rockstar said at one point that a single player DLC was coming out. Three. Years. Ago.

>Obviously with the success of Online, it's not happening. Get over it.

>I'm not screaming that we STILL cannot store police vehicles. If it'll happen, it will. If not, then f*ck it.

You are now the epitome of irony and self-centered entitlement, possibly the most narrow-minded person on this thread too.

Congratulations.
  • Shaundi., PhillBellic, Audiophile and 4 others like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:46 PM

f*cking gamers think they're entitled to everything.

>Oh stop whining.
>Nut up and get a shark card then.
>stick to the single player experience you're given. Don't want it? Then go play Undead Nightmare or go play TBOGT or TLAD.

>Yes rockstar said at one point that a single player DLC was coming out. Three. Years. Ago.

>Obviously with the success of Online, it's not happening. Get over it.

>I'm not screaming that we STILL cannot store police vehicles. If it'll happen, it will. If not, then f*ck it.

You are now the epitome of irony and self-centered entitlement, possibly the most narrow-minded person on this thread too.

Congratulations.

And yet minutes earlier he was very reasonably giving you an explanation on what you can do to avoid the grind you were complaining about. 

This forum, seriously. Just so many angry little nerds who are constantly both attacking and defending over nothing. 

• psymin and CrayCray like this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Noh....nowy tendz

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:46 PM Edited by Audiophile, 24 October 2016 - 04:48 PM.

Oh stop whining. Nut up and get a shark card then. Or stick to the single player experience you're given. Don't want it? Then go play Undead Nightmare or go play TBOGT or TLAD.

f*cking gamers think they're entitled to everything. Yes rockstar said at one point that a single player DLC was coming out. Three. Years. Ago.

I'm not screaming that we STILL cannot store police vehicles. If it'll happen, it will. If not, then f*ck it.

It's people like you that are the problem. What is this entitled BS you are spewing? Is that the one comeback people have when they can't construct an actual, logical argument/counterpoint? It's the oldest one in the book. Most people have jobs, school, a social life. They don't have time to sit and grind their life away doing these jobs on repeat just to afford items in the game. If that's your thing, cool. If buying shark cards is your thing, cool. 

I've been playing this series since it's inception. For me, and many others, R* games are about the SP. No one said you can't have Online. If you're so into it, good for you. Enjoy it. But SP shouldn't be scarified for it when it's always been the #1 reason people buy R* games. It's what made R* who they are today. The issue is people who think the focus should be solely Online and they must be catered to as a result of it. 

This isn't being entitled. It's having an opinion and expressing it, you fool. I'm the first one to call out people being stupid or entitled; this is not it. 

Many people bought V with certain expectations. They paid money. They weren't handed the game for free. The game is great but there was much untapped potential due to the shift to Online focus halfway into the development of V. The majority of people bought the game with expectations of SP DLC. This was talked about. Then just like that, there was nothing. How can you compare something as insignificant as storing police vehicles to SP....

Not to do with R* now, but by your logic people should just not speak up and accept whatever sh*t developers give them. 

• Efreet, Shaundi., ClaudeSpeed1911 and 7 others like this

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:50 PM Edited by OfficialTwiggz, 24 October 2016 - 04:58 PM.

Your post trying to nit pick mine means nothing.

Sorry you can't enjoy Online or apparently single player for what it is.

Have a good day, sir or ma'am :)

Edit hooooly sh*t lol okay here we go.

I've bought this game three times. Once on the 360, PS3 and the PS4. With my hard earned money. Nobody gave it to me.

I appreciate Rockstar for who they are and what they do. I've been playing their games since 1997. My name on this forum was PlayerSince97 before I changed it.

I appreciate Single Player DLC as well. I recently picked up Mafia 3 for example. Beat the game and did all the side missions. Now I'm trying for trophies. But guess which game I put down after two weeks of playing? Mafia. After everything is said and done, it then becomes repetitive.

The online aspect is never ending. You have free mode events, Bike work, CEO work, Rockstar created missions etc etc I've made my point above.

Gamers like me are realistic. We realize that Rockstar is a COMPANY. A money making machine. They don't make things for gamers just because we ask. They need to realize that some things need to be cut in order for something else to increase. It's been three years, guys seriously. I have hope that maybe one day Rockstar will release SPDLC for GTA V but at this point, I highly doubt it.

You want SPDLC? Play another Rockstar game for now. f*cking A it's not that hard to comprehend.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:52 PM

It's people like you that are the problem. What is this entitled BS you are spewing? Is that the one comeback people have when they can't construct an actual, logical argument/counterpoint? It's the oldest one in the book. Most people have jobs, school, a social life. They don't have time to sit and grind their life away doing these jobs on repeat just to afford items in the game. If that's your thing, cool. If buying shark cards is your thing, cool. 

I've been playing this series since it's inception. For me, and many others, R* games are about the SP. No one said you can't have Online. If you're so into it, good for you. Enjoy it. But SP shouldn't be scarified for it when it's always been the #1 reason people buy R* games. It's what made R* who they are today. The issue is people who think the focus should be solely Online and they must be catered to as a result of it. 

This isn't being entitled. It's having an opinion and expressing it, you fool. I'm the first one to call out people being stupid or entitled; this is not it. 

Many people bought V with certain expectations. They paid money. They weren't handed the game for free. The game is great but there was much untapped potential due to the shift to Online focus halfway into the development of V. The majority of people bought the game with expectations of SP DLC. This was talked about. Then just like that, there was nothing. How can you compare something as insignificant as storing police vehicles to SP....

Not to do with R* now, but by your logic people should just not speak up and accept whatever sh*t developers give them. 

And now it's the #2 reason to buy GTA games because, shock horror, millions of people love to play online and are willing to part with their own money repeatedly to enjoy playing a game with their friends. 

I mean, I'm sorry that doesn't work for you, but, it does for an awful lot of people who are spending an awful lot more money than you did to play SP.  I can't think of anyone around here that I'm aware of that has said there should be no SP, and yet I see a lot of SP fans saying there should be no Online. Weird, huh? 

And I'm saying this as someone who has also played GTA since the first one (not since it's inception, you can't have been playing it since the game was first thought of - are you just using words that sound cool?). I'm saying this as someone who has thousands of hours racked up in SP mode for all GTAs. But also, I'm saying it as someone who understands that what I want isn't necessarily what others want, and what they want is just as valid, no matter how long you've been playing the game for. 

His comparison, as far as I can see, is just as valid as complaining about the lack of SP DLC. He wants something and didn't get it. Same as you. That's the same thing. But you seem to think what is missing for you is more important, even though, yep, it's exactly the same thing. 

• OfficialTwiggz, psymin and CrayCray like this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Noh....nowy tendz

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:57 PM Edited by Audiophile, 24 October 2016 - 04:57 PM.

Re-direct yourself to the part of my post where I said whatever people prefer is fine but one should not be sacrificed for the other. I don't care about Online nor people who prefer it. If you still don't get the main point, obtain some reading comprehension skills instead of instigating and trying to sound intelligent. This "argument" is not worth it. I couldn't care less what your opinion is same as you couldn't care less what mine is. 

Enjoy your circlejerk. :)

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and DangerZ0neX like this

CobrasCurse
  • CobrasCurse

Try me you die...Im addicted to ruining your fun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:01 PM

Idk i personally loved & still play GTAO 3 years later its easily one of the best online experiences ive had with my friends & now we are all buying RDR2 so the fun continues!

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:06 PM Edited by OfficialTwiggz, 24 October 2016 - 05:09 PM.

sh*t, I just beat San Andreas AGAIN for the PS4.

San Andreas didn't need any DLC, nor does V. It's a decent story as is. And if you feel entitled for a DLC that was announced maybe twice in newswire posts around three years ago, then scrapped for an amazing feature we have now, then you're dense.

Wait until RDR2 or GTA VI.

And if everything is 'soooooo expensive' then with your hard working money-no time having ass, buy a shark card.

Those are your options. Sorry I can't offer you more.

Edit. And the cop car storage was me trying to reason with you. I don't write to Rockstar or post on the forums three years later trying to get police cars storable for our garages. It will happen, or. It. Will. Not. I'm not losing sleep either way.

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:55 PM

And yet minutes earlier he was very reasonably giving you an explanation on what you can do to avoid the grind you were complaining about. 

This forum, seriously. Just so many angry little nerds who are constantly both attacking and defending over nothing. 

Oh please, I tried replying to that specific comment of his and the site always gives me bad getaway messages for a long post I'm trying to make today.

Besides, you trying to be the tsking middle man is especially rich considering your history and reputation on this forum.

Killerman29
  • Killerman29

Bone County Sunsets

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:06 PM Edited by Killerman29, 24 October 2016 - 06:10 PM.

because, it f*cked up gta v and rockstar became money whores, is that hard to focus in sp and online as well?

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:12 PM

because, it f*cked up gta v and rockstar became money whores

Rockstar is a business, no?
  • Pastry likes this

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

sh*t, I just beat San Andreas AGAIN for the PS4.

San Andreas didn't need any DLC, nor does V. It's a decent story as is. And if you feel entitled for a DLC that was announced maybe twice in newswire posts around three years ago, then scrapped for an amazing feature we have now, then you're dense.

Survivor-SAFH2O-UV-Emergency-Water-Purif

Here, use this machine to clean your post from all of the salt you just poured on it.

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

From the sounds of it people hate GTAO because they want things to go back to the "good old days." Epic single player stories. I doubt the video game industry will go back to that model anytime soon. It's not as profitable for them and not as popular with gamers.

Since GTA3 it has been my favorite game series and I never cared for online multi-player. I dipped my toe in the multi-player pool with GTA IV, RDR and Uncharted, didn't like it. But when R* started pushing hard for online and crews with Max Payne 3 I could see the writing on the wall. I knew to get the most out of GTA V, I was going to have to give online multi-player a serious chance. I searched and found a great crew and have been playing with them for over 2 years. Playing GTAO with Domestic Battery has been the most fun I've had playing video games, period. I will continue that with RDR2.

If you're such a Lone Wolf that you can't or won't find a good crew with then you deserve to be stuck playing with horrible randoms. It's not that hard.

The argument that you have to grind or buy shark cards just does not hold water. I play 4-6 hours a week and most of that is playlists with crew, not a huge money maker. I've never purchased a shark card, I've never duped or done a money glitch, I don't grind, I just play the game for fun and I have everything I want in-game.

I'm not saying GTAO is problem free and RDR2 will likely have some or all the same problems. But you don't have to buy shart cards (typo intentional) or play with horrible randoms. You have 100% control over those. Anyone reading this knows, knows, R* will focus more on RDR2 Online more than SP. I'm sure the story will be good but R* will focus on the money maker, online. So you can sit here and whine about how things used to be or how you think it should be and sound like an entitled little snot or you can adapt to how things actually are. Or find a new hobby.

• psymin likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:49 PM

The fact SP fans are forced to download title updates which 90% of the time address issues related to Online and offer any content to be shared between both modes made my hard drive space filled up with irrelevant stuff to which I can only have access through internet by joining Online and make the most out of those updates with the size of GBs on total.
That's another reason why Online literally angers me. Separate Online updates from SP for RDR 2.

Bingo this is why i had to delete GTA V off my hard drive, all the updates for Online was taking up too much space.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

"Get a Shark Card"

This sums up the problem with GTA Online and it's $3 million lowrider problem. GTA V sold like 50 miilion copy's, why is microtransactions a thing in it? A good chunk of Online's annoyances would be removed if R* actually priced things properly. I'm not even against the concept of Online, RDR multiplayer was like a prototype and the early days of Online had promise. But now it's nonsense like an AMC Pacer costing $600,000, what the heck? It's made worse by fanboys saying "suck it up". So we need to suck up that a promising Online mode turned into essentially "Saints Row for kiddies and kesh kerds". I can't wait for GTA VI: Wubba Lubba Dub Dub Edition.

Also, funny how we are the entitled ones. The ones wanting balanced multiplayer are entitled according to Online players who complain that there isn't enough military hardware (!) and when a DLC isn't released every month. Seriously, the Next DLC thread is still going strong with "where's this where's that" even after all the stuff Online has been given. But sure, us wanting balanced multiplayer is being entitled.

Also, no ones complaining anymore that we can't store police cars anymore, we got over that. Anyone who still complains about that needs to move on legitimately. So nice try trying to put words in our mouth.
  • Efreet, Audiophile and A.O.D.88 like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:56 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 24 October 2016 - 06:57 PM.

From the sounds of it people hate GTAO because they want things to go back to the "good old days." Epic single player stories. I doubt the video game industry will go back to that model anytime soon. It's not as profitable for them and not as popular with gamers.

Since GTA3 it has been my favorite game series and I never cared for online multi-player. I dipped my toe in the multi-player pool with GTA IV, RDR and Uncharted, didn't like it. But when R* started pushing hard for online and crews with Max Payne 3 I could see the writing on the wall. I knew to get the most out of GTA V, I was going to have to give online multi-player a serious chance. I searched and found a great crew and have been playing with them for over 2 years. Playing GTAO with Domestic Battery has been the most fun I've had playing video games, period. I will continue that with RDR2.

If you're such a Lone Wolf that you can't or won't find a good crew with then you deserve to be stuck playing with horrible randoms. It's not that hard.

The argument that you have to grind or buy shark cards just does not hold water. I play 4-6 hours a week and most of that is playlists with crew, not a huge money maker. I've never purchased a shark card, I've never duped or done a money glitch, I don't grind, I just play the game for fun and I have everything I want in-game.

I'm not saying GTAO is problem free and RDR2 will likely have some or all the same problems. But you don't have to buy shart cards (typo intentional) or play with horrible randoms. You have 100% control over those. Anyone reading this knows, knows, R* will focus more on RDR2 Online more than SP. I'm sure the story will be good but R* will focus on the money maker, online. So you can sit here and whine about how things used to be or how you think it should be and sound like an entitled little snot or you can adapt to how things actually are. Or find a new hobby.

what you say has nothing to do with playing a proper single player game, no one cares that there is an Online world, all they want is single player to get the same amount of attention as online does. thats pretty simple. from the sound of it you didnt seem to read or understand what anyone in this thread is talking about. 

• DangerZ0neX likes this

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:28 PM

what you say has nothing to do with playing a proper single player game, no one cares that there is an Online world, all they want is single player to get the same amount of attention as online does. thats pretty simple. from the sound of it you didnt seem to read or understand what anyone in this thread is talking about. 

I read every post. SP story will never get equal attention to online going forward. It is not as profitable to the company (that's pretty simple). RDR had 1 SP DLC and it was $9.99. How much money did R* make from that vs. Shart Cards? If you were the business owner what would you do?

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:35 PM

"Get a Shark Card"

This sums up the problem with GTA Online and it's $3 million lowrider problem. GTA V sold like 50 miilion copy's, why is microtransactions a thing in it? A good chunk of Online's annoyances would be removed if R* actually priced things properly. I'm not even against the concept of Online, RDR multiplayer was like a prototype and the early days of Online had promise. But now it's nonsense like an AMC Pacer costing $600,000, what the heck? It's made worse by fanboys saying "suck it up". So we need to suck up that a promising Online mode turned into essentially "Saints Row for kiddies and kesh kerds". I can't wait for GTA VI: Wubba Lubba Dub Dub Edition.

Also, funny how we are the entitled ones. The ones wanting balanced multiplayer are entitled according to Online players who complain that there isn't enough military hardware (!) and when a DLC isn't released every month. Seriously, the Next DLC thread is still going strong with "where's this where's that" even after all the stuff Online has been given. But sure, us wanting balanced multiplayer is being entitled.

Also, no ones complaining anymore that we can't store police cars anymore, we got over that. Anyone who still complains about that needs to move on legitimately. So nice try trying to put words in our mouth.

Yeah, the prices could be dropped a bit, I agree on that part. I'm not saying in your language "waaah you're poor, suck it up and get good"

All I'm stating, is that there is no single player DLC. Again, as much as I would like for it to happen, it's been three years. It's probably/most likely not gonna happen. That's all.

And you'd be surprised about that police car stint. There's very much alive activity and crews wishing police cars were storable. As much as I would love Online to be balanced properly, not losing connection every so often, modded accounts, whatever the case may be, Online for V is broken, no doubt about it. I agree with that.

My argument started with what's his face claiming that's it's soooo difficult to make millions of dollars. Pro tip: like real life, if you save your money for what you want, you can spend lavishly.

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:45 PM

SP story will never get equal attention to online going forward. It is not as profitable to the company (that's pretty simple).

tumblr_static_e4325zf5ggg80os4c0o0ccwcc.

Excuse me, what? GTA V got 1 billion dollars in sale within 24 hours after it got released, Online wouldn't have even been heard of or launched if GTA V was a flop.

Stop the f*cking bullsh*t.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:04 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 24 October 2016 - 08:09 PM.

Online is really hit and miss. There has been a handful of times where Online has been one of the best experiences I've had gaming. Most of the time it can be a woeful pain in the ass. The reason is down to a few fundamental things that are just the nature of playing with other people. 

I know my experience is anecdotal but I'm sure it's happening to a lot of other people. 

One major thing is that playing with friends is an almost prerequisite for playing Online, certainly with heists or any game that requires an iota of team effort just to succeed in the mission never mind if one quits and you're all booted out. 

There's times when I've booted up Online, waited for 10 mins in a lobby to start a heist only for one person to quit. Then spent time waiting again only for the replacement person to be retarded and not play along. Then, after us all quitting that experience I decided to play a race. The race was crappy planes. OK,fair enough that's a subjective choice I'll play it because I just want to play. Finished that. Then they all replayed. OK then, I ended up going back to free-roam.  By this time I've only played about 10 mins of actual game-play out of about 40mins and the other time was wasted in lobbies, waiting for people to join or select Ready. Never mind the actual loading times.

Then there's Shark Cards. A new DLC thing will come out and I'll jump on for bit out of curiosity. See a new car or boat and it costs millions. Then I weigh up my sour experience of waiting in endless lobbies, never any certainty of who I get bunged in with and then I think to myself, there's no way I'm going to grind just to get X or Y. The trade-off isn't worth it. I'm certainly not using my real money to buy sh*t. 

Rockstar, make some quality DLC and I'll buy it happily. Not a few overpriced boats and cars. Oh and then there's the price of everything. It just seems way off. To me the whole thing looks like a great obvious swindle. You'd be better off playing online poker with real cash. At least you might win something. 

Then of course there's all the speculative reasons why people dislike multiplayer. SP seems a bit neglected. It certainly was in respect of DLC. 

Don't get me wrong, if you have friends that have the same console and the same game and are off at the same time as you around college and work, family etc and you manage to get Online together, great. Even I've met like-minded people Online and we had fun together doing missions until someone had to go. There are so many variables that need to come in to play to make Online a rewarding experience. Either you need real cash to play or be lucky to have many friends with the same console and game. 

Multiplayer in GTA doesn't really favour the lone wolf as the missions that offer any semi-decent reward require multiple friends with the same console, be online at the same time etc.

In SP, I'm not waiting in lobbies. I'm working for me. I'm having fun for me. Nobody is dictating if I can play a certain game or not y quitting on me.It's just me at the game. I can pick it up whenever I want. I can pause it whenever I want and go for food or to the toiler etc. There's so much freedom in it. 

You can say Online is a success, I know it has been but unfortunately Rockstar who have been a company I always thought put the gamer first. Online is clearly about business first, gamers later. I know a business is to make money but it's also to provide goods and services too. The goods and services are sub-par compared to the past. 

• Efreet and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:26 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 24 October 2016 - 08:27 PM.

I read every post. SP story will never get equal attention to online going forward. It is not as profitable to the company (that's pretty simple). RDR had 1 SP DLC and it was $9.99. How much money did R* make from that vs. Shart Cards? If you were the business owner what would you do?

no one is talking about the DLCs, we are talking about the based SP Game.  If the SP based game does not get the proper attention, then sales will start to decline.

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:45 PM

no one is talking about the DLCs, we are talking about the based SP Game.  If the SP based game does not get the proper attention, then sales will start to decline.

Bro, every person in this topic that hates online has said "the success of GTAO caused the promised single player DLC to be forgotten."

chris_4130
  • chris_4130

Fat Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:12 PM Edited by chris_4130, 24 October 2016 - 10:21 PM.

I blame the Benz. Lucky they locked him out.

Seriously though, with a bunch of mates, online is pretty amazing. I agree the prices are pretty out of whack and the loading times are horrendous, but its their first serious attempt at a major online game.

Their first properly serious attempt.

And it's bloody massive. GTA Online, like it or hate it, is a pretty varied and impressive beast. It's bonkers. 3 years worth for some people and it keeps getting updated all the time. That's pretty cool.

I reckon they're using it as an experiment to figure out a lot of stuff for future games and online modes. What's popular and what's not.

I think RDR Online will be pretty impressive. #lenniescustomhorses
  • Pastry likes this

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:47 AM

online is pretty amazing.

I blame the Benz.

This is officially the most ignorant comment in the entire forum.

If The Benz wasn't around then your precious Online wouldn't have existed in the first place, can any of you Online fanboys stop having your heads stuck far up your ass for once your life?
  • Shaundi., PhillBellic and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:55 AM

online is pretty amazing.

I blame the Benz.

This is officially the most ignorant comment in the entire forum.

If The Benz wasn't around then your precious Online wouldn't have existed in the first place, can any of you Online fanboys stop having your heads stuck far up your ass for once your life?

Sorry, can't hear you over my millions of dollars.

You've said enough in this thread. Made your point. It's time for you to stop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users