Photo

Why do people hate online?

243 replies to this topic
Veroder
  • Veroder

That guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:14 PM Edited by Veroder, 23 October 2016 - 12:17 PM.

grand theft auto online is a fantastic multiplayer experience for me. the most enjoyable gaming experience in my 33 years of playing video games. the pinnacle.

Then you haven't played many videogames either if you honestly think GTAO is the best game there is, so much for being a vidya veteran.

Different strokes for different folks.
  • StJimmy, psymin, CrayCray and 3 others like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:19 PM

lol I love the online, I just hate GTA Online

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:46 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 23 October 2016 - 12:47 PM.

Why?

I will tell you why. I am talking about how it began. The first day the game was released the game was much more smooth and the graphics was much better, it had a few bugs like losing vehicles that are saved and a few small glitches. Rockstar released a patch and fixed them. Good right? Well Online dropped and was a mess which made many people not be able to play because of the loading screen that would go for ever. A week later Rockstar released a patch and the game was fine and worked, was not smooth but worked. After a week everybody understood that the game was a grindy mess just to sell cash cards.

I stopped playing it and returned to single player but here is where it goes bad. Each time R* made a patch for online the game would stop working as good and the graphics started getting worse. After a while bugs started popping up on the single player like the weed farm mission not respawning or Franklin's shirt stopped showing when you wear a certain jacket. Then they dropped the "more advantures for MTF" single player dlc line. Many people were looking to that story dlc and waited in hopes that they would fix the Single player and give us more things to do like RDR or GTA4 EFLC. That never came and they announced the game again for PS4 and Xbox which made people hope even more that one day a SP dlc would come out. That never came and instead Rockstar started messing with the codes and made the Online dlc stuff not work in single player.

This is why we hate online. Had Rockstar gave its SP fans what they wanted then none would hate online that much,

• saintsrow, Killerman29, Shaundi. and 7 others like this

Hunter
  • Hunter

Hunter civil rights activist

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:11 PM Edited by Icantthinkofonew, 23 October 2016 - 02:12 PM.

you guys sound like you need fun people to play with. it's a sandbox... have fun with it with friends.

grand theft auto online is a fantastic multiplayer experience for me. the most enjoyable gaming experience in my 33 years of playing video games. the pinnacle.

I cannot wait to experience the old west playground with my friends.

Just the other night I got put into a friend's session (it just put me there) and ended up teaming up with their MC with a few other people. I definitely get what you mean about that biker DLC not being aimed at lone wolves.

Just little things, like riding in formation, holding on until some crazy traffic accident happened, or doing resupply missions and having them quick (and filling up a lot more). Oh, and the contract missions paid a ton more than doing it solo.

The game has a lot of problems (and maybe I'm a little biased because of you-know-what), but with the latest DLCs especially, having a pack of wolves makes it better.

Then you haven't played many videogames either if you honestly think GTAO is the best game there is, so much for being a vidya veteran.

I don't think that's fair. You can't always describe why something's your favourite.

Personally, I don't think I could ever label one game as "the best", but some of my favourite games would leave people wondering why they are them lol. Like Red Dead Revolver - a lot of people just don't get that, but that's one of the best games made, in my opinion. And I guess that's the key part really.

It's just like, his opinion man.

It does have its problems sure, and some pretty severe ones at that. But we all just go with the vibes we get. You can't always understand the vibes people get. It's all just vibes.

• psymin, CrayCray and 609_uu like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:12 PM

The fact SP fans are forced to download title updates which 90% of the time address issues related to Online and offer any content to be shared between both modes made my hard drive space filled up with irrelevant stuff to which I can only have access through internet by joining Online and make the most out of those updates with the size of GBs on total.
That's another reason why Online literally angers me. Separate Online updates from SP for RDR 2.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911 and 609_uu like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:24 PM

Considering how great RDR was I'm wondering will it be a return to form for Rockstar or will online be prioritised over the singleplayer experience. That's why I'm wary of online. I'm a Rockstar fan because of their great singleplayer games. That's why they are my favourite developer. I don't hate online, it's just that it's going to be a difficult balancing act for them in RDR 2, having a great singleplayer mode and online mode.

Imo Gta V didn't have that balance, their favour was skewed towards online. I'm just hoping that Rockstar manage to have the best of both worlds in RDR 2. Obviously money talks, Gtao made them serious money and it's only natural for a company to maximise this. However I hope that Rockstar don't forget their roots, the great singleplayer games that made them so popular in the first place. For me Gta V marked a shift in their priorities and I hope that it was a once off and that from now on both singleplayer fans and multiplayer fans can both be satisfied with Rockstars releases in the future, because it seems that online is here to stay. I just hope Rockstar don't forget what made them great in the first place.

wapster
  • wapster

Gentleman thief

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:55 PM

I believe the main reasons Online in GTA 5 is looked down on is that it took resources away from making a more solid single player portion in favor of making pointless updates and modes for Online that are played for about a week on release and then never touched again. For me at least, GTA Online is more a waste of potential than a real game changer. With a few more game modes, dedicated servers, proper anticheat, and custom PC script plugin clients, Online could be a blast. But at the moment it's little more than an xp grindfest filled with 12-year olds in bulletproof sportscars. The open world has f*** all to do in it, team-ups with random players rarely happen due to a widespread shoot-on-sight mentality, and having to shell out $2,000,000 on a car or apartment or whatever is ridiculous considering the miniscule rewards from jobs.

Red Dead Online, however, is an entirely different beast. Red Dead's game world is far more alive and filled with things to do that Los Santos doesn't have. Imagine trying to stop a train to rob the safe car, riding into town with a gang and holding up the bank, other players getting a posse together to hunt you down and capture/kill your gang, hunting, fort attacks, bar fights (with throwable bottles and such), saloon poker games with betting, cockfights, livestock herding, and so much more. Plus, there won't be any annoyance from idiots with sticky bombs. This why I'm excited for RDR2's online, and it goes to show that not all games suit an online mode (or at least V's online mode in its current form will be improved for GTA 6).

JakeHorgrove
  • JakeHorgrove

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:58 PM

Micro transactions

Neglect of single player

STRICK14
  • STRICK14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:05 PM

SO MUCH GRIEFING. The micro transactions are also awful.

psymin
  • psymin

mayor of paleto bay.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Canada
  • Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

really.

-image-
You don't strike to me as an adult, at all.

well thank the gods i don't give a flying f*ck what you think.

I worded my post clearly from my perspective, not as fact.

you should stop jumping on 'opinions' you don't like, because it doesn't make you very likable.
  • CrayCray likes this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:12 PM

yea so a few weapons and vehicles are exclusive to online. So what? You can't show them off in single player, all you can do is drive around on your own shooting npcs. It makes sense for there to be more content online where the world feels alive and actually has meaning.

It's not "a few weapons and vehicles", it's roughly 25% of the items in the game (50% in the console versions since you can't mod). A huge chunk of the game is forced behind a paywall essentially because of cash cards. As a result, we lost out on story DLC that could've been used to flesh out the SP world some more.

And it's not just because we want to "show off" the DLC cars in SP, we want to test them out. See, money management in Online is annoying and everything is overpriced (3 Million for a lowrider? Please). We want to know if the DLC car will be a good investment in Online so we don't waste precious cash. We can't do that now because R* is like "oh no, our cesh kerds!!".
  • Shaundi., j7n, DangerZ0neX and 1 other like this

Napalmbrain
  • Napalmbrain

What is Buzz?

• Members

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

In my experiences with Rockstar online games, the freeroam can be fun with friends, but the competitive stuff is dreadful. It literally brings out the worst of all the gamers on the planet and pits them together. Cheating, exploitation, loud annoying kids. The communities in RDR and GTA V online make CoD community look respectable.

I will say I did have a lot of fun with the competitive game modes in RDR online, when there wasn't 10 cheaters/exploiters in the game. What's makes it even worse? Mandatory auto-aim games. Sure the free aim games are there, but good luck finding one. I can't think of a more annoying mechanic for an online game than auto aim.

As long as they give as much care to the SP as they did with RDR, I don't care what they do for online. Just don't force it on people.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:36 PM

People are acting as if the story mode lacked in some way...it didn't...if there was no online you wouldn't know the difference.
  • Fuzzknuckles, Sunrise Driver, Pastry and 1 other like this

caiaof
  • caiaof

Amputechture

• Members

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:37 PM

I don't hate online, I hate how R* dealt with GTA:O and how they are probably repeat the formula with RDR2:O. GTA V had both SP and MP locked content; MP was updated many times while SP stagnated; focus on microtransactions; and overall I hadn't fun with GTA:O while I thought GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption online where great.

NikosUncle
  • NikosUncle

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:33 PM

People are acting as if the story mode lacked in some way...it didn't...if there was no online you wouldn't know the difference.

Exactly

KingofVenturas
  • KingofVenturas

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:47 PM

As much as I dislike the focus on multiplayer, it won't bother me that much unless we get to the point where the single player campaign is only 5-10 hours like call of duty.

Gducky
  • Gducky

Crackhead

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:12 PM

I don't hate online but I am skeptical now about quality now. I did not mind no single player DLC anymore because I only got GTA 5 for online anyways and updates get paid by others for the rest.

I really liked red dead redemption and think GTA 4 online was ok sometimes because they were simple.

My issue now is Rocks star does not seem to understand how to balance the microtransactions in a fair way and a lot of the ideas they have sound good but don't really work well when done for real or they will borrow really smart mechanics but don't go far enough with them. 

Flight school is great but they did not use it in a way that mattered like tie it in with mission set ups so the host can know and pick who is certified for roles or be a requirement to buy certain things like a hydra. 

I hated how they did things that were blatantly stupid or band aided bad design like the contact mission rewards being based on team size and time spent and not real performance. It it also annoying how they try to force everyone to play with other players with no systems like true skill filter option in matchmaking. 

I will wait for red dead redemption 2 to come to PC but if it going to has the same annoyances and does not do others like redesign the character customization to be on the same level as other games then I will be done with rockstar multiplayer games.

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:23 PM

Exactly

bullsh*t. plenty of people pretty much act as if Online does not exist and notice that GTA V was smaller than any other entry in the series in terms of SP campaign.

it has a few big missions, like each heist climax but the TRUTH is that it pretends to have 69 campaign missions when 3 or 4 of each heist, which count as one each of those 69 missions are stupid f*cking chores like "buy a mask" - that's a mission! "buy the work suits" is a MISSION ON ITS OWN.

GTA V really only has like 45 missions, and most of those are short, too.

Seriously, it was a small ass game and Online is where the majority of things to do was, and San Andreas had 90+ missions not including all the side quests...

GTA V was a let down, pure and simple.

YES, it was a good game.

NO, it did NOT stand up to what the series gave in the past. It was a smaller, cheaper experience because of how many missions weren't even really missions. Heist Setups should not have been missions, and neither should the heists themselves, really. The cheap ass way all those little chores and tasks counted as missions was stupid as sh*t.

• Killerman29, Miscer, D9fred95 and 2 others like this

Doland J. Trump
  • Doland J. Trump

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:54 PM

Because GTA Online almost damn well killed the SP part of V. I personally don't want to see the same happen to RDR.

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:01 AM

RDR1 online was one of the greatest online systems ever. I spent countless hours getting that damn zebra donkey.

Then they took everything fun about it and put it behind a paywall in GTAOnline for stupid ass CockstarBux instead of leveling up to get things - a very profitable move, yet ultimately one that alienated long term fans of the series. Eventually the rest caught on, but not before it was too late. I expect RDR2's online to be complete microtransaction trash with no dedicated servers and sh*t netcode and AI - Just like GTA Online. If I'm wrong, (and I hope I am), then I can only be pleasantly surprised.
  • Efreet and TheHumanIsland like this

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:47 AM Edited by TheHumanIsland, 24 October 2016 - 07:50 AM.

I expect the same thing. I expect instead of 200k for a f*cking honda, we pay 200k for a f*cking low end gay horse. f*ck rockstar online. ONLINE is supposed to be a FREE add on to the single player game I pay for - period - that is the only reason you can shut it down for f*cks sake. 

Let's look at CoD: You buy the single player, and since "MP is free", they can shut it down whenever they want. We accept that as gamers. We KNOW that is how it works, from madden to cod.

BUT when you make me pay REAL MONEY just to afford a house or car, how the f*ck are you going to shut that down? You just will? For the record, I am NOT a plastic gay player, I did NOT spend money on shark cards, but what about for those of us that DID? HOW are you going to shut down the houses I BOUGHT? HOW are you going to shut down my garages, cars, and all that sh*t? HOW? Is it covered in the terms of service? Is my post LEGENDARY because if you idiots link it to the real idiots they will fight this sh*t?

f*ck that. Man, how the f*ck did MP infect Rockstar? Is it because The Benz left? Did they need to suck dicks to replace him? I thought the housers were SP and Leslie was the MP fag? WTF?

man look - IW left IW and they made titanfall. Yea, CoD copies and suck the cock of titanfall movement now, let alone IW's infinite warfare has a real Halo now and a halo character to play as! WTF IS GOIGN ON?

Seriosuly I just f*cking lost my chips and burnt out my motherboard, I can't even finish the analogy, I'm f*cking losing it. Better to just hit send and shut the f*ck up, I can't even.

• Maibatsu545 likes this

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:15 AM

Well, you gotta understand. These guys are making serious money for very little effort. I mean, Shark cards brought in something like 200 million this year alone. That is some serious power. They're just complacent. GTA is the one of the biggest names, if not the biggest in gaming as a whole. But, as they become Chazzers, they will eventually lose their spot at the top. If they continue down this path it's only a matter of time. Right now the only people who could ever challenge Rockstar are the little guys - a bunch of people sitting in a crappy little office somewhere or even a garage who are dreaming big and will one day produce the next big thing. Sort of like Netflix and Blockbuster, with R* being Blockbuster in this case. That is unless they do a serious 360 and change everything. But again, if you were making this much money by releasing a few crappy cars and dumb clothes every coupla months, would you break a sweat trying to work harder?

Greed is just human nature, and as much as we all liked to believe the contrary during the 3D era and onward, they are men, not Gods, and are still susceptible to all the ancient follies of man.
  • sabestar likes this

Blackous666
  • Blackous666

CoD HATER

• Members

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:50 AM

I loved GTA 4 multiplayer .. i felt so free... and it was fun to play... RDR MP was also awesome ... now its f*cked by hackers ... and GTA 5 online... no comment.. i hate it... all that sh*t is expensive... bad sport... f*ck it bro ...

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:31 AM

Because a lot of gamers are stuck up lonely pricks who fear social interaction and feel like their gaming preferences are more important than other people's preferences and that, because they're entitled little sh*ts, people that play things they don't like are worth less than them and shouldn't be catered for. 

Basically. 

• Beez, Mastah, sabestar and 3 others like this

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:56 AM

If online wasn't exsistent, y'all wouldn't know what to do. Y'all would play the single player DLC that came out two years ago when it was supposed to, be done with it and sell it.

Stop fooling yourself. It's like storing a rare car in the online world. You don't really like it, you just want it because you can't have it.

I'll ask you single players this. How many of y'all play TBOGT til this day, every day?

I've enjoyed online. Yes there were some times where I'd sell the game, buy it again etc or stop playing for a few weeks. But after THREE YEARS of this game being out, no other game in the last three years has had my attention.

For for you single player guys out there. Stop waiting. Sell your game if single player right now sucks THAT bad. Stop arguing with people you'll never meet. I still have hope that some sort of SPDLC will be released, it's only logical for R* to make more money before RDR2.

Long story short, i love Online. It has its quirks and perks. Haven't touched single player in about a year.
  • Fuzzknuckles, Pastry, psymin and 1 other like this

Alfredkwak
  • Alfredkwak

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:54 AM

The Problem with online is, that all the stuff you only can use in online (like Special weapons or cars) gives people the feel that the singleplayer content is cutted or they took this content out to make more money (obviously). The online should not give you a feeling, that you are missing out on content.

• Osho likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:57 AM

The online should not give you a feeling, that you are missing out on content.

Simple solution to this. Brace yourselves guys, because I'm really saying this:

Go online and experience all the content you're missing out on. You never know... you might actually enjoy yourself. 

• Pastry and psymin like this

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:41 PM

Well since everyone is upset about online having exclusive content, I'm upset about not being able to store cop cars in your online garage but yet in single player, you can!

You single players get all the cool stuff /sarcasm.

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:59 PM Edited by DangerZ0neX, 24 October 2016 - 01:59 PM.

stuck up lonely prick who fear social interaction

That's a generous way of describing yourself.

Go online and experience all the content you're missing out on.

You mean the content that costs hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars?

You do realize that grinding the same heist 20 times for 40 straight hours just to afford two cars and their upgrades isn't considered fun, right?
  • Efreet, Maibatsu545 and Dee. like this

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:47 PM

stuck up lonely prick who fear social interaction

That's a generous way of describing yourself.

Go online and experience all the content you're missing out on.

You mean the content that costs hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars?

You do realize that grinding the same heist 20 times for 40 straight hours just to afford two cars and their upgrades isn't considered fun, right?

Nobody said you had to grind.

Do some CEO work. So some biker work. Do some custom deathmatches, stunt races, custom races, collect bounties. There's literally HUNDREDS of ways to make money. I fail to see the issue at hand.

If you grind the same job over and over and over, yeah it's gonna get repetitive and boring. Try something new for once.

I play roughly around 4-5 hours a night after work, and from that alone I make 250-350k a night.

Worst comes to worse, you could always glitch by duping some vehicles.
  • Fuzzknuckles, Pastry, psymin and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users