Photo

Photoshop questions

4 replies to this topic
Davve95
  • Davve95

CJ - You wanna get back down so?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:13 PM Edited by Davve95, 23 October 2016 - 03:51 PM.

I'm a like a beginner in Photoshop or I can some things, most basic things.

1.   How do I make a pasted part of a picture fit another picture?

I mean if I copy a little part from one picture and I paste it in another one:

It looks like it pasted directly. How do I do so it fits the picture? And don't just looks pasted directly?

2.   How to make more realstic drawing?

I mean for example: If you have a picture drawn with a red line. And I want to add a line more by myself.

So I pick the pencil and draw but the result looks nothing like the orginal drawn one.

So how will I create so it looks the same?

3.   Dust & sratches filter won't work anymore.

If I apply it on the backroud, nothing will happen at all. The options etc comes up.

But it does not happen anything when you click ok.

(I have a backround with a color just beige or what it is)

If you create a new blank layer, it says "Could not complete the Dust & Scratches command because the selected area is empty"

And I try again but marking somewhere it will say the same thing as above.

I have serched a little on Internet, but I have not found so much. Just the basic things that I alredy know.

Plus I don't know what everything is named here on the list.

4.  What's the easiets way to change color? I mean if you have a object with example a brown color.

And you want the exactly same color but on a new object?

I have tierd this: Image > Adjustments > Replace color. 

But it didn't worked great.

5.  How to avoid making the image quality worse when you're changing the size of a pasted picture?

I mean ctrl + T.

Davve95
  • Davve95

CJ - You wanna get back down so?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:49 PM

Anyone know? I'm sorry for bumping, but what should I do?

Better then creating a new topic about the same subject.

Anyway: it's just the dot 5 left anyone know?

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:54 PM

For No.5

If you're upsizing the photo, the quality is going to degrade no matter what. The only way to prevent that is turning it into a vector image (which you can do in Illustrator), but this doesn't work for all types of files.

• Davve95 likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:50 PM

1.   How do I make a pasted part of a picture fit another picture?

Not exactly sure what you mean here, in general it depends on what you're pasting and what you're pasting it on: make sure you mask it properly, use levels adjustment to match colours, brightness/contrast to match the overall tones, dodge and burn to match the lighting and shadows, blur and sharpen to match the focus, and it always helps to have a source image that closely matches your background in terms of perspective, angle, lens and distance.

2.   How to make more realstic drawing?

If you have a clean enough source image, you can take a little bit of the existing line and create a custom brush with it, there's plenty of tutorials to do that online. Alternatively you can just mess around with custom brush settings to get something that matches with the source image.

3.   Dust & sratches filter won't work anymore.

Not really sure about this one, sorry.

4.  What's the easiets way to change color? I mean if you have a object with example a brown color.

There's a lot of ways you can do it manually, like a selective colour adjustment layer, hue/saturation adjustment or just painting over on a new layer and choosing a blending mode that works best.

5.  How to avoid making the image quality worse when you're changing the size of a pasted picture?

As Noale said, you can't really increase the size of an image and have the quality stay the same; there's resampling tools that are good for approximation, but this depends on source image. As for shrinking, since we're dealing with pixels if you shrink it it'll get a bit blurry - which can be fixable just by sharpening it with the tool or filter. Also smart objects are good for this, if you make sure it's a smart object before editing it then it will retain all of its image data no matter what you do to it.
  • Davve95 likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Computerwelt

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:52 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 29 November 2016 - 02:53 PM.

There's often multiple ways to do the same thing in Photoshop. Some better than others. However, I would suggest to avail of all free tutorials on YouTube. 

Here's a random beginners one I picked quickly. 

Also check the GFX Turorial Archive here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users