Quantcast

» «
Photo

RDR2 First Person

70 replies to this topic

Poll: First Person Mode (230 member(s) have cast votes)

Third Person/First Person switch feature

1. Yes (174 votes [75.65%])

Percentage of vote: 75.65%

2. No (56 votes [24.35%])

Percentage of vote: 24.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote
D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:43 AM

I wouldn't mind 1st person in it but I don't want the game to revolve around it like CoD does. Just an extra camera view will do.
  • saintsrow likes this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:09 AM

If it's an extra... Sure, why not!? But it's not something i really need tbh.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:15 AM

Imagine staring at tantalizingly swaying horse balls in 1080p VR.

You sicko.

You're the Sick Fu*k for bringing that up in the first place, M8!

:D

• saintsrow, ClaudeSpeed1911, Zello and 2 others like this

Professor SmackaDabbah
  • Professor SmackaDabbah

Dananananananana she really loves to break

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:57 AM

Sure, why not. As long as there's no f*cking auto aim.
  • HunterKoehler420 likes this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:17 PM

i don't see why not. it would be a stupid idea to remove it.

• P.T., otachi, tsycho89 and 1 other like this

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:59 PM

Would be shocked if they didn't include it to be honest, it's the thing to do for every game going forward from them I think.

• tsycho89 and Dust like this

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

Still stand by what I say. Have the option, but make it so you're in a passive mode, like state. No weapons and no 'law', but to take photos of the scenery.

You give someone more power against somebody else based on their play style method, it's going to get old, quick. (See FPV in GTA:V Online)

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:20 AM

Still stand by what I say. Have the option, but make it so you're in a passive mode, like state. No weapons and no 'law', but to take photos of the scenery.

You give someone more power against somebody else based on their play style method, it's going to get old, quick. (See FPV in GTA:V Online)

Why should SP people get punished because of Online?

Arrow
  • Arrow

Bohemian Rhapsody

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

I think the FP/TP switching will be a standard-addition from now, on the new generation console versions. I wouldn't mind seeing the feature in RDR2. It needs some improvement for running and climbing based views though.

• saintsrow, 2281, Kushology and 2 others like this

Dust
  • Dust

Debater & Speculator 🌐 RANK 1151

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:40 PM Edited by The_Dust_69, 15 December 2016 - 04:29 AM.

I feel that open world games are stronger with replay value and gameplay when they include both First Person and Third Person.

I don't think that one perspective is necessarily better than the other, they both compliment each other. The map in RDR2 looks beautiful and massive!

I hope that players have the option to equip the perspective that they prefer.

• P.T. and tsycho89 like this

Night Machine
  • Night Machine

1980's Time Traveler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:45 PM

How do they have more power in FP?  If anything TP has more of an advantage.  

• P.T. likes this

Mac Tonight
  • Mac Tonight

Mac Tonight, breakfast tomorrow.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

No. If I want to play a western game in first person, I'll replay the Call of Juarez games. Although people like to praise it to the high heavens, First Person really didn't add that much to GTA. Sure, it was a nifty idea, an open world game centered around crime with all sorts of vehicles and locations, all fully detailed to be viewed in first person, it sounded great. However actually playing it is a different story, because you can tell that the game wasn't built to include first person, it was kind of tacked on. The driving was clunky and awkward in first person, mainly because the interior took up half of the screen and that doesn't help much when you're in a high speed car chase. The already terrible cover system combined with FPV's low FOV made shootouts a hit or miss. I haven't played V on the PC, so I don't know if that would change my opinion, but that brings up another point: Why add a feature like this when A) it doesn't fit that well with the game's mechanics and B) it only works on a single platform? The same platform that unfortunately probably won't even have RDR2?

• Zello likes this

JohnDonovan
  • JohnDonovan

I'm a hairy slag with spunky attitude you cheeky c*nt

• BUSTED!
  • Myanmar

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:41 AM

No. If I want to play a western game in first person, I'll replay the Call of Juarez games. Although people like to praise it to the high heavens, First Person really didn't add that much to GTA. Sure, it was a nifty idea, an open world game centered around crime with all sorts of vehicles and locations, all fully detailed to be viewed in first person, it sounded great. However actually playing it is a different story, because you can tell that the game wasn't built to include first person, it was kind of tacked on. The driving was clunky and awkward in first person, mainly because the interior took up half of the screen and that doesn't help much when you're in a high speed car chase. The already terrible cover system combined with FPV's low FOV made shootouts a hit or miss. I haven't played V on the PC, so I don't know if that would change my opinion, but that brings up another point: Why add a feature like this when A) it doesn't fit that well with the game's mechanics and B) it only works on a single platform? The same platform that unfortunately probably won't even have RDR2?

Yes, you're right it added nothing except for a completely new & fresh gameplay alternative which created a vastly different and in some ways superior gameplay experience. 

But yes outside of that absolutely nothing.

I do fail to see why some people don't want the option? don't like it? then don't use it, then everyone's a winner.

• P.T. and tsycho89 like this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • South-Ossetia

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:05 PM

I'm fine with a FPV in RDR, since unlike GTA, there's nothing to compromise. However, it has to be better than V's horrible first person mode.

LaBombaRomba
  • LaBombaRomba

Straya. "Fear denies faith", ⌐■_■

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:18 AM

Heck yeah! One of the few features i REALLY liked in V!

• P.T. likes this

Marcos Bellic
  • Marcos Bellic

:)

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:34 PM

I think it's not necessary. But whatever.

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Everybody lies. No exceptions.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:23 PM

I voted yes.

Weirdly, I actually think first-person would be even cooler in RDR2 than it was in GTA V. It'd be like Call of Juarez on steroids. Being able to get a close look at every nook and cranny of this absurdly detailed world, seeing all those old guns up close in amazing detail, feeling like you're really riding through the frontier on horseback, and most of all, hunting. Just imagine going into a deep forest and hunting Grizzlies in first-person. It'd be as cool as it would be terrifying. 

I wouldn't play the game entirely in first-person (maybe one playthrough and an odd session here and there when I want to feel immersed in the world), but if it were included, I'd be all for it.

• saintsrow and Night Machine like this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:32 PM Edited by Dbns_Finest, 17 December 2016 - 09:32 PM.

No

They should focus on making third person better first. GTA V's gunplay and character movement could be much smoother. Fix that first for RDR2 then maybe add first person later

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:05 PM

No, don't waste coding on it when it could be used for something better.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:57 AM

No, don't waste coding on it when it could be used for something better

but the coding is already there..

• P.T. likes this

Arthur Fookin Shelby
  • Arthur Fookin Shelby

Cave Canem

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:49 PM Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby, 19 January 2017 - 01:50 PM.

Sure, as long as it's not as awkward as V's, I don't wanna be running round like minecraft characters.

Crashbandicoot2
  • Crashbandicoot2

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

As long as first person is optional and does not lead to an advantage in spamming the carcarino sniper rifle in first person wiggle fights online, sure why not.
  • saintsrow likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:04 PM

I voted yes because what's really a good reason to say no? I will mostly all always play how it's meant to be played, in third person, but extra features aren't anything to moan about. As long as it's just an option, not forced and no added advantage.

I also think riding horse back and watching the sunset or hunting might be cool in first person mode. 

• Spider-Vice, EVOLUT7ON and P.T. like this

P.T.
  • P.T.

Makin Dem Scared

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:47 PM Edited by P.T., 14 February 2017 - 10:04 PM.

i really dont get the hate for 1st person.Its an option not a forced view.More options is always better than less. GTA used to be just an overhead view from the sky and everything was tiny.So lets not go " GTA never been 1st person".More options is better.

This is the real reason i want to see 1st person in RDR2. I still believe this to be true, i felt when they added 1st person to GTA V it was because they knew about VR and wanted to pave the pathway to making VR a part of their future games. Which i really hope im right about. Id love to feel fully immersed in RDR2 AND the next GTA .VR is what i really want to see, and it needs 1st person view to do that. i cant not at all understand how some think 1st person is gimmicky.Its an optional camera view..... dang . And FYI , I hate COD..Its a camera option.It doesnt give people an advantage, its actually harder to play in 1st person, which is why alot quit matches that are Forced 1st person view, because it wont be easy for them.

• Kirsty likes this

DeeDogg_
  • DeeDogg_

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:51 PM

I voted yes because what's really a good reason to say no? I will mostly all always play how it's meant to be played, in third person, but extra features aren't anything to moan about. As long as it's just an option, not forced and no added advantage.

I also think riding horse back and watching the sunset or hunting might be cool in first person mode. 

Thats why I voted no. The FPS mode in GTAV makes players more agile and fast than those playing in TPS mode.

• saintsrow and Enchilada like this

DexPac
  • DexPac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:45 AM

I really like first person mode for taking screenshots and checking things out a little closer in GTA V. I imagine Redemption 2 is gonna be a whole lot more photogenic then GTA is. Using it during actual gameplay tends to give me motion sickness though.

So, yeah, as an option I'm all for it and if it's refined I'll probly use it a whole lot more. Like someone said, walking into a saloon in first person would be kinda epic. Or even just slowly trotting into town with a fresh bounty on the back of your horse.

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:33 AM Edited by Deadly Target, 16 February 2017 - 09:34 AM.

Unless Sony gets a PSVR deal going with them, it's not happening. Only a dozen players use it and the devs have to modify thousands of animations just to make it work right.
  • saintsrow likes this

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:17 PM

First Person surely comes in handy when you're in an interior. For example, when I play Fallout 3 I use Third Person outside, and First Person inside, but switch between them depending on the situation - to better see where enemies are, for example.
  • saintsrow and Kirsty like this

Enchilada
  • Enchilada

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

I voted no but Im sure it will be added, not at game release but soon.. :facedesk:

ToxicSoul
  • ToxicSoul

Haithar!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:33 PM

Well, probably first person mode will return in RDR2, it's the same engine as in GTA V, but I hope this time first person mode will be playable, not like in GTA V, really, field of view was gross, controling a character was also bad. Because of field of view driving a car was also bad, climbing on the objects was... strange and uncomfortable, also because of fov, don't you think guys? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users