Quantcast

» «
Photo

RDR2 First Person

70 replies to this topic

Poll: First Person Mode (231 member(s) have cast votes)

Third Person/First Person switch feature

1. Yes (175 votes [75.76%])

Percentage of vote: 75.76%

2. No (56 votes [24.24%])

Percentage of vote: 24.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GroovyOG
  • GroovyOG

GS4L

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:44 AM Edited by GroovyOG, 22 October 2016 - 05:26 AM.

Since Rockstar implemented first person in GTA V should they put a third person/first person switch mode in Red Dead Redemption 2?

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:04 AM Edited by saintsrow, 22 October 2016 - 09:36 AM.

With a beautiful world like RDR2 will be, they should definitely add a first person view so we can be immersed in it.  They might even consider supporting a first person VR mode for stereo goggles / Playstation VR, like some people have suggested.  

• ryuclan, EVOLUT7ON, UltraGizmo64 and 9 others like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:20 AM

Add a poll.

For the topic, I'm indifferent. As a PC player, mods can bring the fpv anyways and so its not something I care about.
Sure, exploring all the details and such in first person would be awesome but its fine if Rockstar puts more efforts into details and other more important features itself first and foremost before giving time for making fpv available.
To me, fpv is the least important thing to care about.

Rascalov
  • Rascalov

We must obey the rules of the game.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:52 AM

I hope so, First Person immersed me even more into R* beautiful game world In V & I'm sure it would be the same with Red Dead Redemption 2. 

• temi4328, P.T., Saganist and 2 others like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:46 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 22 October 2016 - 12:47 PM.

I think they will do it. Unlike GTA5, RDR you don't need to make detailed vehicles interriors for fps mode so its even easier to do.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Do you have my bag?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:48 PM

I think they will do it. Unlike GTA5, RDR you don't need to make detailed vehicles interriors for fps mode so its even easier to do.

Carriage interior though, need speed, fuel etc, can't do without it
  • PSNGTAforumuser likes this

UAL
  • UAL

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:49 PM

First person mode is so gimmicky.

I hope they don't entertain that option at all. Stick to playing COD if you want a FPS ffs

• Enchilada, TheMckeever and Independiente like this

billiam
  • billiam

King in the North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

I hope they don't entertain that option at all. Stick to playing COD if you want a FPS ffs

I do love trying to look at a landscape whilst having the player character taking up the middle of the screen

• saintsrow, jedijosh920, Octane and 4 others like this

-Kaas
  • -Kaas

I like cheese

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:27 PM

I'd love a first person option, just not as clumsy as it is in GTA. 

Instead something like Battlefield first person view, I'd probably never use third person anymore.

• Pastry and SPECTER II like this

Rascalov
  • Rascalov

We must obey the rules of the game.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:56 PM

Yes, because having a gameplay option which creates a vastly different gameplay experience and which adds to it greatly & creates a new & in some ways superior sense of immersion is just a gimmick.

I fail to see how having the option is a bad thing, you just come across as close minded. 

• GourangaMaster, ColePhelps, StJimmy and 15 others like this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:40 PM

I for one won't be happy if they add first person like they did with GTA, characters look like they've smoked a whole bag of crack when they move. Making it 100x more harder to hit one of those zig-zagging basturts because of it. STAR WARS Battlefront got the 1st/3rd Person camera switching right, you can't tell who's using which mode and they use all the same movements.

It's hard enough to freeaim one of these 1st person morons with a rifle I can't bear to imagine how annoying it would be with a revolver when people are zig-zagging all over the joint.

If they were to do it again, but get it right like Battlefront I'd have no problems with it and would enjoy it.

• TheIllaDopest, Dbns_Finest and Quintenr95 like this

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:17 PM

I fail to see how having the option is a bad thing, you just come across as close minded. 

Fight someone in GTA Online as you're in third person while the other guy is strafing in first.

I am saying Yes, BUT it should be placed in a cinematic mode (exactly like passive, removes the HUD) but you can't shoot nor be shot.

The only thing you'll be shooting is pictures.

JakeHorgrove
  • JakeHorgrove

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:03 PM

Of course they should, first person worked great in GTA 5. I'm due it'll be awesome in Red Dead.
  • P.T. likes this

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:20 PM

Really had no use for it so far in GTA V.

Having the option is still always good, as long as it's not forced on you.

• P.T. likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:25 PM

Sure, why not! It'll give us some of those good ol' Call of Juarez vibes. 

• saintsrow likes this

Marston
  • Marston

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:54 PM

I imagine dead eye mode would look pretty good in 1st person

• saintsrow, P.T., Maibatsu545 and 2 others like this

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

Rock my socks.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:16 PM

I'd like to play in first person, just as long as they improve on it. In V it can be clunky and awkward to use, and some of the animations look backwards.

• SPECTER II and gtaoplayer like this

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:53 PM Edited by toxluv, 23 October 2016 - 07:55 PM.

Are you only doing first person games now? I have always loved Rockstar Games partly because they are third person games. Allen (via Mouthoff)

Absolutely not! We are excited by the response to our first effort at a first person experience, but remain committed to third person games and may or may not use first person as a camera option in the future. We do like to, whenever possible, give people options so they can play a game the way they like

Source: https://www.rockstar...perience-online

I think that, at this point, it's very plausible to see a First Person perspective in Red Dead Redemption 2. It'd be very cool to have the freedom to switch from First to Third Person view and vice versa, in my opinion.

Vault111
  • Vault111

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:10 PM

I'd love to have that option of both first person and third person for the next Red Dead. Though I would be surprised if Rockstar implemented it for this series. Both have their own benefits first person can be a really immersive experience, especially if a game has realistic graphics and good sound design but third person view has the benefit of actually feeling like you are inhabiting the character you are playing as.

PartyNextDoor
  • PartyNextDoor

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:17 PM

I don't see anything wrong with having the option to switch between third person or first person mode. Every now and then I might get bored of the 3rd person view and switch to 1st person and it does make a difference as far as gameplay and visuals. I'm sure Rockstar are gonna give us that option because I don't see why not. If you don't like it, don't use it...simple.

• P.T., SPECTER II and Night Machine like this

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:04 AM

I f*cking hope so. The idea of walking into a saloon, pushing those doors open and sizing the place up, with the patrons scowling back, all in first person sounds amazing. And, anyone who doesnt like it can simply not use it. Quite literally a win-win for everyone.
  • saintsrow, P.T., TheFranchise and 1 other like this

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:06 PM

A camera like in Fallout games might work. Easy on the go switch between 1st and 3rd view with the 3rd person view zoomed to how close we want it.
  • Cameron Star likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:20 AM

Personally, I wouldn't use the First Person View. However, it would be good to have anyway.

• saintsrow and P.T. like this

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:56 AM

After putting all the time and effort into the version in GTA V, I feel like it'd be a waste to leave what they've learned behind.

Good god, do I hope it's better than the one in GTA, though, provided it comes. Clunky animations and an FOV like you're looking through a periscope.

• saintsrow, Cameron Star and SPECTER II like this

EVOLUT7ON
  • EVOLUT7ON

#BeMyValentine & #BIKERS snapmatic contests winner

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • Best Funny [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Runner-Up

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:03 AM

With a beautiful world like RDR2 will be, they should definitely add a first person view so we can be immersed in it.  They might even consider supporting a first person VR mode for stereo goggles / Playstation VR, like some people have suggested.  

VR? dont think so. R* told its too hard for them

• saintsrow likes this

Matty
  • Matty

• Australia

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:48 PM

Given that it was already featured in the new-gen version of GTA V - it wouldn't surprise me if the option of playing in first person was implemented in RDR2.

Third person/first person switching will probably become a standard feature in Rockstar's future games as well.
  • saintsrow likes this

SPECTER II
  • SPECTER II

I create rigged races

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

Then dont use first person?
  • P.T., Pedinhuh, otachi and 1 other like this

Night Machine
  • Night Machine

1980's Time Traveler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:01 PM Edited by Night Machine, 11 November 2016 - 05:02 PM.

1st person is a must have feature in GTA and RDR IMHO.  I absolutely love it and waited for it for many, many years to come to the GTA series.  If you don't like it don't use it, that simple. It does not interfere one single bit with anyone's game play that prefers 3rd person.    

• gtaoplayer likes this

Night Machine
  • Night Machine

1980's Time Traveler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:21 PM Edited by Night Machine, 11 November 2016 - 05:22 PM.

The GTA (&RD) series is always evolving, if you don't like it don't play it.  It's like hearing someone complain about GTA evolving from 2D to 3D and then to HD.  All of them have been hugely accepted/loved and forced upon us so far.  The new 1st person option is loved by many and forced on no one, so deal with it and don't insult the people who do love it.  We are not all Call Of Duty fans and even if we are who GAF.  1st person is not gimmicky at all, it's a way for some players to further immerse themselves into these fantastic worlds that R* is creating.    

• P.T. likes this

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:21 PM

Imagine staring at tantalizingly swaying horse balls in 1080p VR.

You sicko.

• tonko and PSNGTAforumuser like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users