Quantcast

» «
Photo

RDR2 Vehicles Discussion

47 replies to this topic

Poll: RDR2 Vehicles Discussion (101 member(s) have cast votes)

What vehicles should be in RDR2, if any at all?

1. Penny Farthing (13 votes [8.50%])

Percentage of vote: 8.50%

2. Bicycle (16 votes [10.46%])

Percentage of vote: 10.46%

3. Glider (that works) (12 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

4. Drivable Car (That's slower than a horse) (25 votes [16.34%])

Percentage of vote: 16.34%

5. Newfangled Flying Machine (12 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

6. Just Horses, Carts and Trains (75 votes [49.02%])

Percentage of vote: 49.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
éX-Driver
  • éX-Driver

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:44 PM

The game looks to be set around 1900-1905, given the fact there's electricity. So horseless carriages aren't out of the question. But they'd only make sense in a modern (for the time period) city. And be only the domain of the incredibly wealthy. They're slow (around 10mph max), unreliable, impossible to find fuel for outside of cities, and mostly just a curiosity. So maybe if they include 2-3 in the major modern city being hidden by a mansion, and you're incapable of purchasing one at least in single player.
Maybe we'll be able to buy them in online, though. As a sort of badge of honour and bragging rights. In 1905, the average car cost $750-900. In a world where the average horse was about a tenth of that, and a decent farm was about $1000.

Bicycles are another story. Again, you'd only really see them in a city, but they were fairly common and fairly cheap. Penny Farthings were more an 1870s thing than a 1900s thing, but I doubt your average RDR2 player would be able to make the distinction so why not. Most bicycles in the early 1900s cost less than $40, which would only be about $500 now. To not include them at least in an uncommon form would be historically inaccurate.

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

The game looks to be set around 1900-1905, given the fact there's electricity. So horseless carriages aren't out of the question. But they'd only make sense in a modern (for the time period) city. And be only the domain of the incredibly wealthy. They're slow (around 10mph max), unreliable, impossible to find fuel for outside of cities, and mostly just a curiosity. So maybe if they include 2-3 in the major modern city being hidden by a mansion, and you're incapable of purchasing one at least in single player.
Maybe we'll be able to buy them in online, though. As a sort of badge of honour and bragging rights. In 1905, the average car cost $750-900. In a world where the average horse was about a tenth of that, and a decent farm was about $1000.

Bicycles are another story. Again, you'd only really see them in a city, but they were fairly common and fairly cheap. Penny Farthings were more an 1870s thing than a 1900s thing, but I doubt your average RDR2 player would be able to make the distinction so why not. Most bicycles in the early 1900s cost less than $40, which would only be about $500 now. To not include them at least in an uncommon form would be historically inaccurate.

If your theory on the time period is correct there could be motorcycles in it as well. Indian started in 1901 and Harley-Davidson in 1903 and they weren't even the first motorcycle manufacturers in the U.S. or the world.

https://en.wikipedia..._the_motorcycle

http://www.motorcycl...ycle-45982.html

Dust
  • Dust

Debater & Speculator 🌐 RANK 1153

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:02 AM

In 1785 the first long distance Hot Air Balloon flight made it across the English channel.

I want to see Balloons in RDR2. 

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:36 PM

I wouldnt mind driving a car thats slower than a horse. Button mashing the horse always killed my thumbs. And if they do add a flyable vehicle it should be unlocked sometimes towards the end of the game. Like maybe you have to steal it from one of the many inventors. And then use it to fly in and infilitrate a camp

éX-Driver
  • éX-Driver

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:35 PM

I wouldnt mind driving a car thats slower than a horse. Button mashing the horse always killed my thumbs. And if they do add a flyable vehicle it should be unlocked sometimes towards the end of the game. Like maybe you have to steal it from one of the many inventors. And then use it to fly in and infilitrate a camp

Well by 1905 only the cheapest of cars were slower than a horse on level packed ground. 1900 wasn't too far off. The 1901 Mercedes 35hp could manage 30 miles an hour quite easily. The land speed record in 1904 was 91 miles an hour. Even in 1898, there was more than one car that could do 20mph.
In comparison, the fastest racehorses in the world have a hard time sustaining 40 miles an hour for a few seconds. Though to be fair, on rutted tracks and off road most cars of the Edwardian era would have a hard time managing 10-15 mph. Which would be a bit slower than most horses at a good gallop in the same terrain.

The most likely flying machines will be balloons. Would make for good observation posts. But in 1905, the Wright Bros had only first managed sustained powered controlled heavier than air flight 18 months prior. The only flying machines comparable would be glorified gliders that only work in a good headwind. The main reason I keep saying 1905 is because that's pretty much the absolute latest that Dutch's gang makes sense, which this game seems to be based on them. (Marathon left in 1906 or so)

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:03 PM Edited by Shadowfennekin, 19 December 2016 - 08:03 PM.

I hope we can actually steal trains in FR. Pull off train thefts like we did in that Mexico mission in RD1. And control them similar to GTA V

• Payne Killer likes this

Professor SmackaDabbah
  • Professor SmackaDabbah

Dananananananana she really loves to break

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:50 AM Edited by Professor SmackaDabbah, 21 December 2016 - 04:52 AM.

Standard stuff from RDR plus drive-able trains, glider, and judging from the trailer maybe canoes. The earlier setting means I doubt planes. What about a drive-able stream boat?

EDIT: Also early cars, how could I forget?

russeler97
  • russeler97

<>

• Members
  • None
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

Hopefully...

xxFgMco.jpg

Plank.
  • Plank.

le edgy contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:47 PM

Last I remembered, the glider wasn't exactly aerodynamically sound. Plus, assuming the map is landlocked, Rockstar would have to implement an out-of-bounds area, which would be immersion-breaking if not done properly.

I'd like to see a model T and other similar vehicles in scarcity. To be fair, it would be extremely unlikely for someone to afford and maintain an automobile in the west at that time.

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:49 AM

I would buy a model t in rdr2

Arlarse
  • Arlarse

Cultivating Mass

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:44 AM

I think if they add any flying machine or cars it will be ruined. It's the wild west... grab a horse.

It doesn't have to be accurate. AC2 had some sort of flying device.

Because it fitted in with the Da Vinci angle. Leonardo didn't necessarily build one in real life but he did create a detailed design of a flying machine.

Horses, wagons, boats, trains that's all the game needs, they just need to make plenty of variations.

Apart from giant walking spider tanks, definitely need one of those...

• Thugazi likes this

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:19 PM

No vehicle can compare with riding into sunset on your white Bronco.

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:12 AM

The War Horse is the best one for me. It's the only one I ever use.

Thugazi
  • Thugazi

Arthur Fookin Nero

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:14 PM Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby, 01 March 2017 - 03:16 PM.

I got kinda annoyed after I bought it, because it was ridiculously better than any of the horses so that's all I ever used.

Aesthetically though, I liked the Kentucky Saddler the best (the creamy white horse)

• Duduziinho1620 likes this

Duduziinho1620
  • Duduziinho1620

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:50 AM

I got kinda annoyed after I bought it, because it was ridiculously better than any of the horses so that's all I ever used.

Aesthetically though, I liked the Kentucky Saddler the best (the creamy white horse)

The Kentucky was my favorite as well, a beaulty skin-muscle-made machine!

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:22 AM Edited by toxluv, 02 March 2017 - 11:23 AM.

Me and the War Horse:

Rdr_jeb_blankenship.jpg

I f*cking love that horse, and yes, I've been using him since the beginning (I have the Game of the Year Edition).

Actually, there's a faster horse than the War Horse and it's the American Standardbred.
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

The Warhorse and Kentucky Saddler were my favourites too. Honestly all I hope for is a variety of horse breeds again, all with different stats, so we can choose both what we like the look of and what performs. 

I think these are all the "vehicles" we need for ultimate authenticity and immersion, however I'd be quite content if we had access to our own carriage and carts as well if we choose to use them, instead of them mainly being limited to fast travel or certain missions. I also wouldn't mind canoes or rafts for quick for water travel.

éX-Driver
  • éX-Driver

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:29 AM

Gimme a bicycle or a victorian/Edwardian car, or I'm walking. Hate horses

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users