GTA V vs Red Dead Redemption 2 GRAPHICS

86 replies to this topic
TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:42 PM

The trailer look like RDR, which is good. I mean GTA 5 in term of graphics is not that good, whether is on PC or NG, there is not any huge forest, you cannot see the grass from far away, some places in the country side are like f*cking empty. Nothing like the RDR 2 trailer, updated RAGE engine from GTA 5 only because its their last game, anyway if you compare RDR / GTA 5 on 360, Red dead just rape GTA 5.

I would be happy even if RDR2 is a little bit more good than Redemption. I just hope they're not going to stay on the same road than GTA5.

Lol i suggest you to visit doctor to get your eyes or brain checked. Graphics on PC are definitely great, especially during night running at very high with FXAA which kinda blurrs image but still, i agree with forest though but theres not many in SoCal, i actually can see vegetation from far away but its not that of great draw distance it would probably eat 5 fps. Looking at RDR2's graphics they dont look much better than V, even vegetation looks the same except theres more grass on RDR2, draw distance and lightng look simmilar, shading looks a bit better in RDR2, character models and animals look pretty much like in V, when its raining and storming as seen late in trailer it looks like V's weather.

He said gta v On 360, Einstein

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

With Horizon due out soon and tech impressions are out, this setting being close to what RDR is like (huge forests and roaming lands) here's hoping Rockstar have took note here, this is the engine to beat on PS4 right now, near perfect locked framerate and perfect frametiming.

• Jestic likes this

PartyNextDoor
  • PartyNextDoor

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:34 PM Edited by PartyNextDoor, 21 February 2017 - 06:34 PM.

I'm sure it's gonna look better than GTA 5. I mean, Rockstar never go backwards when it comes to releasing a game. It would be kind of mediocre of them not to improve the graphics. Remember, the reason why Red Dead Redemption 1 looks so good til this day is because of the lack of population, buildings, vehicles, highways etc. Those things take up a lot of resources and the GPU has a lot more objects to render whereas in a western setting, there's basically a lot of nothingness. Open plains, lakes, forest, mountains and wildlife. These things don't really take up as many resources as a very populated city like Los Santos. The map may be just as big or smaller than GTA V's map too.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:58 PM

It won't look better, that is an exclusive. Will look pretty similar though.

Efreet
  • Efreet

'Jabalous' in a previous life

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:20 PM

Even if RDR2 can't outperform Horizon from a technical point of view, the artistic direction of R* always makes the world to look more organic and realistic. They're the best in this trade in my opinion.

• Spider-Vice, Darrel, FilipCRO and 1 other like this

PartyNextDoor
  • PartyNextDoor

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:34 PM

It won't look better, that is an exclusive. Will look pretty similar though.

When I said it will look better I was referring to GTA 5. My bad.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:10 AM

I think the next bit of info we get screenshots/ videos will really tell us how much better it looks.

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

I'm sure it will look much better than Horizon.

Absolut
  • Absolut

Homie

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:02 AM

New titles that have been made for this gen are way better looking than GTA V is. It really shows how old the game is, and that it is made for last gen. New Mafia is pretty great, BF1 too. I guess RDR will be along the lines.

• Darrel likes this

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

New titles that have been made for this gen are way better looking than GTA V is. It really shows how old the game is, and that it is made for last gen. New Mafia is pretty great, BF1 too. I guess RDR will be along the lines.

mafia isnt graphically or technically impressive at all

• anthony, Rockstar Vienna, GTAFanClub and 1 other like this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:06 PM

I'm sure it will look much better than Horizon.

I really don't think so. I've never seen something like this on a console tbh. But to be fair... It's also a different kind of art style. Either way, i'm sure Rockstar will blow our minds again. RDR2 is Rockstar's first true 8th gen title. It's gonna look amazing.

Efreet
  • Efreet

'Jabalous' in a previous life

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:11 PM Edited by Jabalous, 07 March 2017 - 05:50 PM.

Redemption 2, an open world game set in wild environments, will shine in weather effects like no game before.

• Spider-Vice, RedDagger, zainzombie and 2 others like this

DroidX
  • DroidX

The Droid King

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:48 AM

Best not compare Cinematic Trailer Graphics to Actual Game Graphics. We didn't even got the Gta 5 trailer graphics for the Ps4, and Xbox One Versions

Stannard96
  • Stannard96

Work, ya damn nag!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

​I thought the trailer looked sort of cartoonish, I'm expecting the real thing to look better tbh

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

Just one screen I want to see. Please lol

We're nearly there though. And We are going to get a lot more than one screen so I can wait, I guess

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:03 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 20 March 2017 - 04:06 PM.

I never seen a Rockstar trailer that looked better than the actual game (Graphics wise).

gta-5-trailer-1-hikers-making-the-climb.

Ah yes. Those sweet nostalgic memories of pre-ordering game anticipation in those days before GTA V dropped. That one fakenews pic actually made me believe they'd included an improved dating romantic/friend system between the PC & NPCs. My psychotic killer PC would be finally able to have some real down time. Where he wasn't constantly fantasizing of creative ways to murder his gfs from work related stress. Instead, he could healthily decompress between all that violent heist, gang banging, LSC carjacking and drug running work stress between these jobs. Yoga, tennis, parachuting, boating, darts, and golf were going to be great. Hunting and watching movies would be fantastic. Car racing and arm wrestling would be avoided as they would only add unnecessary stress to his weekend down time.

No. my PC would finally be able to become a true hippie and be one with nature. He'd be able to do this by taking scenic hikes up Chilliad with his significant other---just like in that picture. Go camping and eat the game he hunted on the weekends. Bring some fresh kill back to his safe house. Get fat eating venison burgers & drinking beer, while watching Impotent Rage & Princess Bubblegum during the week. Burn off those excess calories working out at the beach with those body builders. Finally an SA universe in which he could live where gfs and bromance cousin buddies weren't constantly stalking him on his phone....

f*ck you R* for so blatantly lying to me and destroying my choir boy dreams for a decent SA II.

Didn't learn my lesson with GTAV, and so got burned with Mafia 3. Despite being over my disillusionment with GTA V, I'm praying RDR 2 doesn't go the way SP did with GTAV. For if it does, it will be the last R* title I'll ever buy. For R* will have officially joined the motley ranks of Exceptional Assholes, Activision Blizzard, and that bastard red headed hick parent of Bethesda known as Zenimax.

• anthony, Payne Killer and GrizzJack like this

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:29 PM

f*ck you R* for so blatantly lying to me and destroying my choir boy dreams for a decent SA II.

Well I do not recall them saying GTA V was SA 2

Considering the trailer said GTA V 

I'd blame your expectations, wouldn't say they lied

canyonjack
  • canyonjack

NOTM

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

Red Dead 2 already looks quite a bit better than Horizon judging by the trailer

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

ICE

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:29 AM

Hopefully they'll clean it up so the graphics look as good as Battlefront II.

Urustay Gordov Matt D.
  • Urustay Gordov Matt D.

JAPANESE CARS>AMERICAN CARS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:34 AM

Sleeping dogs is graphically and technically a way better than GTA 5

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, GTAF Lurker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:05 AM

Sleeping dogs is graphically and technically a way better than GTA 5

giphy.gif

• Dee. and Nelly2K like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

GTA V uses deferred rendering and RDR2 uses physically based rendering judging by the trailer. That alone will make the game look much better than GTA V. That's one of the biggest reasons why Horizon: Zero Dawn looks so good. PBR implementation in that game is amazing.

• Nelly2K likes this

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

*snip*

That video was interesting, didn't know anything about that.

I think RDR2 must be better than GTAV visually.  I mean, it's gonna be like 4-5 years newer...

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:40 PM Edited by RedDagger, 25 April 2017 - 03:41 PM.

GTA V uses deferred rendering and RDR2 uses physically based rendering

Pretty sure those two aren't mutually exclusive, deferred rendering is a specific shading technique whereas PBR is a workflow or a mindset for creating lighting and textures - though as far as I know GTA V doesn't make use of PBR so coulda just ignored the deferred rendering bit :p
  • TyroneSlothrop likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:49 PM Edited by Zello, 28 April 2017 - 08:46 PM.

RDR 2 looks alot like a polished up GTA V in my opinion. I recorded this video trying to compare the two games side by side. 

This video still makes me laugh by using Trevor and making it look all dramatic and sh*t just for him to get on a motorcycle and drive away lol

LoganAins
  • LoganAins

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:41 PM

no way a game that came out almost 4 years ago doesnt look as good as a game thats coming out in a few months wow how weird i didnt know graphics could get better 

• BLOOD likes this

quxxo
  • quxxo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:31 AM

I think RDR2 will look like the trailer on PS4 Pro and Scorpio, maybe not the base consoles but definitly the upgraded ones. 

Yeah, but if u do this same video with PS4 GTA V and the trailer below, you will get the same differences graphically, though RDR has some tweaks, they won't make it to the final. What we see in this trailer is everything they can even show right now without showing how unfinished it basically is at this point - same with GTA trailers.

GTA V next gen trailer basically had all these shiny looks, too:

End result, PC looked the best, and VERY close to that sure, but even it didn't look like that. And the PS4 (which it claimed to be captured on) did not look anything close to that - I own it, I know how it really looks, both PC and PS4.

If RDR2 and GTAV"supposedly PS4" trailer were 4k, then scaled down, maybe that is why, but the game does not look anything like that trailer @1080p PS4, and 1080p maxed PC, and RDR2 won't either.

My game on PS4 looks like the trailer, dunno wtf you're talkning about, PC version also looks better than that trailer.

You must be blind then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users