Quantcast

» «
Photo

RDR2: What platform will you play on?

107 replies to this topic

Poll: What platform will you play RDR2 on? (307 member(s) have cast votes)

What platform will you play RDR2 on?

1. PS4 (156 votes [50.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.81%

2. Xbox One (62 votes [20.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.20%

3. Not buying. Waiting for PC version. (89 votes [28.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.99%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

I will play it on a regular PS4. I don't care about the little extra performance or pixels that the PS4 Pro might offer simply because it's really hard and negligible to notice these small extra details while playing, especially for someone like me who barely plays anything outside of Rockstar's creation. 

• tonko likes this

kBlaise
  • kBlaise

"We're two hombres in a strange town..."

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:43 PM

I will play it on a regular PS4. I don't care about the little extra performance or pixels that the PS4 Pro might offer simply because it's really hard and negligible to notice these small extra details while playing, especially for someone like me who barely plays anything outside of Rockstar's creation. 

100% same here, except that I'll be doing it on a regular XB1. (Red Dead being backwards compatible made me switch from Playstation by the way, haha.)

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

I will be playing on it Xbox One, possibly a Scorpio depending on price and availability at launch. I will probably buy it for PS4 as well so I can play online with my PS4 friends. How I long for the day that true cross platform multiplayer becomes standard. :(

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

New Bordeaux 1968

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:03 AM Edited by LincolnClay, 21 March 2017 - 08:03 AM.

PS4 Pro. 'Bout time I switch from Microsoft to Sony.

Edit: See what I did there? Switch. Nintendo Switch...:)

No? F*ck you.

EVOLUT7ON
  • EVOLUT7ON

#BeMyValentine & #BIKERS snapmatic contests winner

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • Best Funny [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Runner-Up

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

was playing RDR1 on PS3, now is next turn to explore RDR2 on PS5, then RDR3 on PS5

Your supposed reaction be like: "Calm down, cowboy :D"

HERDIST
  • HERDIST

Brave New World

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

PS4 Pro of course!  :r*:

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

Too many cheaters in online games on PC.

I am assuming it will have an online version similar to GTAO.

Xbox 1

• truffleshuffle03 likes this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:05 AM

Xbox One bay-bee

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

It was never about the money.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

PS4.

DGSimo
  • DGSimo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

PS4 Pro. I'd imagine that if any developer would get the most out of the extra power, like Guerilla did for Horizon, then I'd imagine Rockstar would.

Hopefully on the Xbox Scorpio.

Gonna buy it on Scorpio. The definitive version until the inevitable PC version.

xbox one scorpio

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not even sure if we'll see a Scorpio version at some point. It feels like people (not you guys in particular but on other forums and social media sites) often expect to play the game together with the launch of the console or early/sometime next year (or at least before the not so unlikely PC release). The Scorpio isn't just an upgrade like the PS4 Pro. The Scorpio would need it's own version of RDR2, similar to PC. That being said I think people will have to wait for RDR2 on Scorpio for a while. A release together with the PC version would make sense i guess.

Nah Microsoft have reiterated recently I believe that the Scorpio will be Microsoft's equivalent to the PS4 Pro, a increment system to be a Xbox One.5 rather than an all new Xbox. There won't be exclusive Scorpio titles and as such you won't need to buy 2 Xbox copies of RDR2.
  • Rockstar Vienna likes this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 4 weeks ago

Nah Microsoft have reiterated recently I believe that the Scorpio will be Microsoft's equivalent to the PS4 Pro, a increment system to be a Xbox One.5 rather than an all new Xbox. There won't be exclusive Scorpio titles and as such you won't need to buy 2 Xbox copies of RDR2.

Hmm indeed. Just read an article about it. Really thought the Scorpio would have it's own games. That's good for the Xbox community. But now I'm not sure if so many Teraflops make sense, given that the console will just be another upgrade. Well, E3 will tell I guess.

DGSimo
  • DGSimo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hmm indeed. Just read an article about it. Really thought the Scorpio would have it's own games. That's good for the Xbox community. But now I'm not sure if so many Teraflops make sense, given that the console will just be another upgrade. Well, E3 will tell I guess.

Just think of it like the PC, you go from high to max settings for the Pro and Scorpio compared to the base PS4 and Xbox one. Lol

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

A Traveler of Both Time and Space.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Dammit, I guess I'll have to get it on XBO. I'm really hoping it's released on the PC, though. 

ElementaryGR
  • ElementaryGR

Professional Hater

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 4 weeks ago

PC for the mods

Arrow
  • Arrow

Void Walker

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Since I can't afford a PS4 anytime soon, I'll wait for a PC release. Without a PC release, I'll be forced to ditch the RDR franchise and wait 10 years to buy a refurbished PS4.
  • Street Mix likes this

canyonjack
  • canyonjack

NOTM

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 4 weeks ago

Probably on my PS4. I'd buy a Pro but it seems like a half-step to me so I probably won't bother.

BillDimebag
  • BillDimebag

Cowboy From Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Gonna be totally pissed if it isn't going to get a PC release...
I already missed Red Dead Redemption because it got only released for consoles.

truffleshuffle03
  • truffleshuffle03

Peon

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by truffleshuffle03, 4 weeks ago.

I bet you, pc version will be released 1.5 years later again. If at all. Thank god i'm not too interested in this game..Hopefully gtao dlcs won't suffer from this game.

honestly, i don't understand the hype for this game. Watched gameplay of rdr and it was..mehish.. I'd be much, MUCH happier about a new midnight club game. I wish i could play MC:LA, which seems to be a really good game but stupid console exlusives are a thing. :(

If anything i hope they stop making DLC for GTA O. We need a brand new GTA. Every dlc feels the same because te game is simply old and outdated. I still play it every once in a while, but seriously, its an old 2013 game.

Now i won't buy this game. It looks pretty fun to me if you are into cowboys, horses and shooting. However i'm always a car/bike guy and will simply wait for the next GTA. Some people buy GTA to play shoot em up online, those people will most likely go to RDR2. I'm the kind of guy that likes to fool around online minding my own stuff, bashing around with cars.

That being said, i hope people enjoy this game, and that R* will now focus on the next GTA.

And about PC people, i'm sure R* will release it on PC in the future. Because nothings more then a bunch of modders grieving people into full rage mode by setting them on fire, rapid explosion, adding objects to their character or simply teleporting them into oblivion or whatever they feel like.

You have no idea how pc is like, so please, shut up. 

Maybe you'd enjoy this game more, if all your accounts weren't full of cheated cash, just a little thought :)

I would say he hit the nail on the head with what PC is like. Hell I can't get into a actual online game other than solo without some kind of hacker/modder on GTA. With that said though if it comes out for pc i will get it for both my ps4 pro and PC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users