Photo

Red Dead Voice & Mo-Cap Actors

66 replies to this topic
SeniorDerp
  • SeniorDerp

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by SeniorDerp, A week ago.

Well, it's more or less confirmed that Roger Clark is voicing Arthur now, judging by that leaked screenshot and how much Arthur resembles him in it! :D

I'm super impressed by how well he pulls off.. whatever Arthur's accent is. I've been listening to his voice-over work for documentaries and audio books and I've really grown to like how rich his voice is. Pulling off that drawl can't be easy, but I think he's nailed it.

Really? I find it exaggerated and unnatural, but we've only seen short bits of it.
Arthur doesnt have a western tone but rather southern one. I live in Florida and the tone Arthur has is definitely a mix of current day Alabama or Louisiana which if you factor in the bayou area the game has, its works well
  • Mr. Morgan likes this

SuperKitsune
  • SuperKitsune

Kitsune

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted A week ago Edited by SuperKitsune, A week ago.

I think it's safe to assume that JOHN is on the cover, the guy to the left, the one facing away from the rest of the "gang". but I don't think he has that much involvement, we won't see much of him throughout the game. he could be cued in at the end of it, when arthur is no longer in charge, when dutch has taken over (all assumptions) , then he'll be the new kid and he might drop a few lines of dialogue. I DO think R* have wiethoff returning for that special cameo, because, why not!?

It all comes down to the timeframe + Arthurs involvement in the gang. if john is grown and about to have a child and arthur rides with the gang for a quarter to half of the story rather than just  a few missions john could have a big part and decent amounts of dialogue. I personally think that there's a lot of stuff that R* wants to tell us about Johns backstory this go around so we'll probably get to see him a good amount. Also they now we love him.

John had Jack while he was still in the gang though.
  • Cozzi likes this

Kally G
  • Kally G

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

No offense Kitsune (truly) but you've kind off pulled this out of your ass. We really don't have any information about how old John was when he joined the gang, just that he was young and had run away from an orphanage at the time. According to the GOTY manual Dutch saved John from being hung, and taught him how to read and just acted as a father figure to him. Outside of that we know nothing.

No offense taken, I clearly remembered it from a dialogue that John said. If i'm wrong then..well my bad. I really thought it was this way.

I don't want to spread false information on this forum, so if I was wrong then sorry.

Edit: Though different sources state that John lived through his teenage years in an orphanage. Maybe that's why I had this idea in mind for years that John was 17 when joining Dutch's gang, idk.

I literally just finished playing this mission where John Explains this. He was a kid when Dutch found him, and then the gang basically raised him until he was old enough to participate.
He met his wife after and Jack was born when part of the gang.
  • Cozzi, Safari and SuperKitsune like this

Cozzi
  • Cozzi

Rapping Dope Fiend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I think it's safe to assume that JOHN is on the cover, the guy to the left, the one facing away from the rest of the "gang". but I don't think he has that much involvement, we won't see much of him throughout the game. he could be cued in at the end of it, when arthur is no longer in charge, when dutch has taken over (all assumptions) , then he'll be the new kid and he might drop a few lines of dialogue. I DO think R* have wiethoff returning for that special cameo, because, why not!?

It all comes down to the timeframe + Arthurs involvement in the gang. if john is grown and about to have a child and arthur rides with the gang for a quarter to half of the story rather than just  a few missions john could have a big part and decent amounts of dialogue. I personally think that there's a lot of stuff that R* wants to tell us about Johns backstory this go around so we'll probably get to see him a good amount. Also they now we love him.

John had Jack while he was still in the gang though.

thats what i said. if hes about to have jack in the game then hes in the gang and if arthur rides with them for a lot of the game then we'll get to see him a good bit.

• SuperKitsune likes this

mould122
  • mould122

Hold your excuses untill you've figured out which one to use

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 days ago

I don't know am I just being stupid or what, but in the RDR2 second official trailer (0:49) the guy who is speaking sounds really much like Lincoln Clay's (Alex Hernandez) voice actor from mafia 3, even though the character in the trailer doesn't look like him. Also it seems that he has done a lot of voice acting for games in general. Sorry if this has been already discussed.

• joshua969 and Mr. Morgan like this

RedDeadRenegade
  • RedDeadRenegade

Outlaw

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Its Noshir Dalal
  • Darrel likes this

joshua969
  • joshua969

Cholla Springs Tour Guide

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

I don't know am I just being stupid or what, but in the RDR2 second official trailer (0:49) the guy who is speaking sounds really much like Lincoln Clay's (Alex Hernandez) voice actor from mafia 3, even though the character in the trailer doesn't look like him. Also it seems that he has done a lot of voice acting for games in general. Sorry if this has been already discussed.

I thought the same thing.

• mould122 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users