Quantcast

» «
Photo

RDR2 Online Free Aim Lobbies should HIDE player locations too

37 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Free Aim Lobbies ALSO Hide All Players? (55 member(s) have cast votes)

RDR2 Online

1. Yes! Bring it on! (51 votes [92.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.73%

2. No, Im a coward that needs training wheels to get my kills. (4 votes [7.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:18 PM

I really hope they don't make RDR2's multiplayer like GTAO's.

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:09 AM Edited by Raj Brunner, 26 October 2016 - 01:11 AM.

We already have enough problems while free roaming in previous Rockstar titles this would just bring more problems. Greifers and troll would kill you or do something that will piss you off randomly and they would be able to get away easily it would be hard to find people or meetings up with people because some people don't pay attention to the names of the areas or just might be totally new to the map (jumping into online instead of playing single player to know the map better), etc. My reasons and opinion has nothing do with being a coward, it has to do being logical and thinking about others. Unless you're referring to them making Hardcore lobbies more tough.

TommySpaghetti
  • TommySpaghetti

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:51 AM

Speaking of Hardcore Mode... I really hope it is in Single Player as well.

Hardcore mode increases both the difficulty and realism of the Red Dead Redemption Single Player experience. This mode is exclusive to the Game of the Year edition of Red Dead Redemption for both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Here is a list of notable changes:

Aiming is permanently set to Expert.
Maximum health is reduced by half.
Health regenerates more slowly and begins refilling after a longer delay.
Dead-eye does not automatically fill over time. It must be earned by killing enemies or using items.
Horses do not regenerate. If killed, you must purchase, steal, mount, or break another horse and then hitch it to a post to earn the right to call it by whistling. Note that horse deeds are still available and unlimited, but twice as expensive. 
Store items cost more. Sell values are lowered.
Reward/drops/looting amounts are lowered (ammunition and money).
Pardon letters are more rare.
Fame and Honor gains are reduced. (If both return)
Mini-game buy-ins are lowered to match the scarcity of money.

lessthan3
  • lessthan3

Intensity In Ten Cities

• Members

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:41 AM

ALL RDR2 modes should hide player location. If you need a map to tell a player from an NPC you're either blind or stupid. Back in my day you know what we called that? Hax! You damn hax0rs! /votekick

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

It should hide players, make it unpredictable, you roll into town, alert and ready for a shootout, are you being stalked, about to get sniped, rushed with a shotgun or about to be the victim of a horseby shooting. Having players not appearing on the radar will put the wild into the wild west.

It will reduce trolling and griefing too, harder to coordinate a constant barrage of gunfire against a player with no icon on the minimap.

The map in RDR was pretty big, assuming the map in RDR2 is as big or bigger the chances of finding another player without an icon displaying their location will be low enough for it to be a novelty, something to look forward to.
  • AGNT009 likes this

djb204
  • djb204

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 6 days ago

Hell Yea. I lived in Hardcore lobbies in Redemption1. I would love for true Hardcore lobbies in Redemption2.

i hope they dont make RDR2s multiplayer like RDR1. Aside from game hideouts there was NOTHING to do other then hunting. In GTA Online players could get drunk, rob stores, purchase things, place bountys on other players, plus so much more. If they added all those things to RDR2s free Roam lobby, how could that be bad?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My bike is harmed, you will be harmed

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 5 days ago Edited by B Dawg, 5 days ago.

Hell Yea. I lived in Hardcore lobbies in Redemption1. I would love for true Hardcore lobbies in Redemption2.

i hope they dont make RDR2s multiplayer like RDR1. Aside from game hideouts there was NOTHING to do other then hunting. In GTA Online players could get drunk, rob stores, purchase things, place bountys on other players, plus so much more. If they added all those things to RDR2s free Roam lobby, how could that be bad?

''NOTHING to do other than hunting''

Having never played RDR myself, and simply googling RDR Multiplayer Game Modes and Activities, I end up with the following list:

Shootout/Free For All, Gang Shootout, Hold Your Own, Grab The Bag, Outlaws To The End, Grand Prix, Stronghold, Poker, Hunting (although some of them are DLC content). So please, get your facts straight :p The multiplayer does not, and shouldn't only revolve around Free Roam. GTA Online is a very bad example.

djb204
  • djb204

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 5 days ago Edited by djb204, 4 days ago.

''NOTHING to do other than hunting''
Having never played RDR myself, and simply googling RDR Multiplayer Game Modes and Activities, I end up with the following list:
Shootout/Free For All, Gang Shootout, Hold Your Own, Grab The Bag, Outlaws To The End, Grand Prix, Stronghold, Poker, Hunting (although some of them are DLC content). So please, get your facts straight :p The multiplayer does not, and shouldn't only revolve around Free Roam. GTA Online is a very bad example.
There is no facts to get straight because you completely missed my point. I was replying to another user who doesnt want RDR2 Online to be like GTAO. Since Redemption1 already shares similar game modes with GTAO, I assumed they mustve been referring to free roam, hence the comparison. I suggest you read through the posts before calling someone out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users