RDR2: Where is PC?

457 replies to this topic
The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

They're going to make some sales on the back of pigeons who can't possibly wait for a confirmation and then announce it.

Just like they did with GTA V and their PS4-One-PC release.

Definetly killed my hype in the meantime.

Couldn't care less about the console release or the game if it's not on PC.

I'm not going back to controller/30fps gunfights.

• Sunrise Driver, Crystal3lf, jedijosh920 and 4 others like this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:09 PM

I still want Redemption for PC/PS4...

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:11 PM

That's the way i see it...

I'm a console only gamer but i'm pretty sure that RDR2 will get the PC treatment a few months later. Yeah, Redemption was never released on PC but this was 2010! The PC market grew since then and don't forget - Red Dead Redemption was horrible to develop. Also the architecture of the PS3/360 back then was really different compared to a PC. The PS4/XOne are much more like a PC. And R* loves money so... No doubt that a PC version will happen imo!

• Spider-Vice, Osho and UltraGizmo64 like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Dude, shut up.

You console lovers might have a field day today so let it be. Enjoy your small SINGLE victory over PC gaming and bow to the only console whore company left in gaming.

Cause PC gaming rocks over everything else now and getting more sales not just in MOBAs or strategies but in games like Mafia, Battlefield, Mirrors Edge, Hitman etc. etc.

So, like I said, R* is still living in 2010 and you're too.

Mate, I live in the real world. You live in a world where you think people other than PC gamers actually give a sh*t about PC gamers. 

• PabtheFab, MilezDawg, jdv95 and 7 others like this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • United-Nations

They're doing just what they did with GTA V.

Make the game console exclusive to make the peasants and Microsoft/Sony happy. Then release the PC version two years later to increase the longetivity of the game, along with pointless Online updates.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Just a guy who likes to play games

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:12 PM

Dude, shut up.

You console lovers might have a field day today so let it be. Enjoy your small SINGLE victory over PC gaming and bow to the only console whore company left in gaming.

Cause PC gaming rocks over everything else now and getting more sales not just in MOBAs or strategies but in games like Mafia, Battlefield, Mirrors Edge, Hitman etc. etc.

So, like I said, R* is stall living in 2010 and you're too.

Dude, stop with your sh*t. Seriously. I am PC player, yes, but I have never in my entire life acted like you. Stop with the stupid "master race" sh*t. I, myself, never identified as some sort of "PC master race elitist hurr durr". I don't care on what platforms people play games as long as they like that. Why should you care about that too? Just be happy for others and stop bitching about your beliefs.

• Fuzzknuckles, PabtheFab, MilezDawg and 8 others like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:16 PM

I don't care on what platforms people play games as long as they like that. Why should you care about that too? Just be happy for others and stop bitching about your beliefs.

At the end of it all, we are ALL gamers. Platforms are irrelevant and if you worry about stuff like that, you're insecure!

Here's a thing - how many of the butthurt PC gamers would stand and gloat over the console players if it'd just been announced for PC?

ALL OF THEM. 

So...

• MilezDawg, jdv95, ViciousLuke and 6 others like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

🔺

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:16 PM

Boy I do like me some entitled gamers.

Why does R* have to cater to your demands?
  • Fuzzknuckles, Ya Boy Punk Fan and Alborghetti like this

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:17 PM Edited by Turan, 18 October 2016 - 02:19 PM.

Heh, called it.

I just hope it won't be a console exclusive title like the first game was... Red Dead deserves to be on PC.

I am actually worried about the PC version. Releasing GTAV on PC after the consoles worked out well for them since a lot of people double dipped. As a result the PC sales were really good. What if Rockstar wants to do the same with Red Dead? Release the console version first and don't talk about a PC version so people will chime in and then eventually announce a PC version. 

As evil as it is, from a business point of view it probably is more profitable than releasing all versions at the same time. 

Or am I just being too cynical   :evilgrin:

Ah well, I'm jumping aboard the PS4 Pro/scorpio train anyway so I won't be needing the PC version. Really sucks for the PC only players though, you have my sympathies. 

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:18 PM Edited by Street Mix, 24 October 2016 - 02:00 AM.

Just be happy for others and stop bitching about your beliefs.

Happy for others? ¿Like this one:

You live in a world where you think people other than PC gamers actually give a sh*t about PC gamers.

They don't give a damn about PC. They still live in a stone age. So why should I, a civilized citizen, care about some wild tribes?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:18 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 18 October 2016 - 02:18 PM.

What about stopping the petty PC user/console user wars before things get too ugly for those involved, hm?

• Raavi, slohbur and FilipCRO like this

Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜°ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:19 PM Edited by Crystal3lf, 18 October 2016 - 02:22 PM.

Yes this is not a PC vs console thread. Stay on topic.

It's not entitlement. This is possibly 10m+ fans that would either have to spend $400+ to get a console and game, pay for subscription to use the online, and then be left with a downgraded version of what it actually should be.

This thread is for discussion of why Rockstar continually leave PC players in the dark, and speculation for a PC version. So everyone please keep to the discussion or I will keep reporting your posts for removal.
  • Sunrise Driver and topsyandpip56 like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:21 PM

PC version will come. I'm absolutely sure.
It comes out on consoles first as always because of the large playerbase.
  • Fuzzknuckles, jedijosh920, UltraGizmo64 and 3 others like this

DeniLHell
  • DeniLHell

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:23 PM

PC version will come. I'm absolutely sure.

more likely because R* might have some kind of agreement with sony/Microsoft - PC playerbase is huge aswell

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:23 PM Edited by ViciousLuke, 18 October 2016 - 02:25 PM.

Just be happy for others and stop bitching about your beliefs.

Happy for others?

You live in a world where you think people other than PC gamers actually give a sh*t about PC gamers.

They don't give a damn about PC. They still live in a stone age. So why should I, a civilized citizen, care about some wild tribes?

I have this old saying in my country which translated sounds something like "you get what you give". You start calling people names, no one is going to answer nice to you. So there's that.

Fuzzknuckles, yes, you are probably right. Although I have never acted like that. I mean, we had games that were only on PC, but then I saw, for example, Space Engineers coming to PS4 and I was honestly happy about that. I mean, what kind of bad thing could happen if game gets released on one platform and then on another? Nothing. Just some people's ego gets touched and then sh*t gets boiling. So yeah, you are right, but not for ALL of PC players, but probably MOST of them.

• Fuzzknuckles, jdv95, UltraGizmo64 and 3 others like this

Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜°ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:26 PM Edited by Crystal3lf, 18 October 2016 - 02:27 PM.

But PC is a large playerbase. As I said, we have 5m+ Steam owners and probably another 5m+ on top of that for the RSSC versions.

http://steamspy.com/app/271590
  • Sunrise Driver likes this

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:29 PM

But PC is a large playerbase. As I said, we have 5m+ Steam owners and probably another 5m+ on top of that for the RSSC versions.

Nobody's going to buy it on consoles if they already have the PC version.

On the other hand, a lot of people will buy it on PC, even if they have the console version.

Why would someone buy a weaker product if they have a lot better?

This is why the console versions are releasing first.

• ViciousLuke, UltraGizmo64 and nmk111 like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:30 PM

Yes this is not a PC vs console thread. Stay on topic.

It's not entitlement. This is possibly 10m+ fans that would either have to spend $400+ to get a console and game, pay for subscription to use the online, and then be left with a downgraded version of what it actually should be.

This thread is for discussion of why Rockstar continually leave PC players in the dark, and speculation for a PC version. So everyone please keep to the discussion or I will keep reporting your posts for removal.

Well, no, it is entitlement. 

How many PS4 player threads have you seen set up when a PC exclusive is announced? Where they bitch and moan about being treated unfairly even though this period between console and PC release allows Rockstar to create a superior version of the game which takes much, much longer due to the massive inconsistencies in hardware set ups that PC owners have?

How often do you see XBox gamers start threads when a game comes to PC only? How many WiiU gamer threads do you see starting up where they complain about having no games at all? 

Yeah? See my point? PC gamers are toxic, noisy and entitled, and very often, they're not paying for the games they're acting like they have a right to own.

So, just wait, see what comes and... if they say there's no PC version, then get mad about it. At this point, we're just going through the same cycle as we did pre-V. And it's embarrassing that it's the same people raging over the same thing five years later. You'd have thought they'd have grown up a bit by now, no?

• jdv95, slimeball supreme, Rockstar Vienna and 2 others like this

Unruly
  • Unruly

cooler than you

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:31 PM Edited by Personal, 18 October 2016 - 02:43 PM.

All of the childish, petty name calling and raging going on ITT is a perfect example of why PC gamers are so disliked.

Stop acting like Rockstar even owe you the game in the first place, grow up, and at least have the patience to wait for a PC announcement, if there even is going to be one.

Christ.

• Fuzzknuckles, LeonTheKiller, jdv95 and 6 others like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:31 PM

And how many pirated copies?

• jdv95, iBUCKEYE, Unruly and 2 others like this

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:35 PM Edited by DlZZEE, 18 October 2016 - 02:35 PM.

It takes more time to make a decent PC version
  • ViciousLuke and Alborghetti like this

Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜°ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:36 PM Edited by Crystal3lf, 18 October 2016 - 02:37 PM.

PC gamers are toxic, noisy and entitled, and very often, they're not paying for the games they're acting like they have a right to own.

I have probably bought more Steam games than you have bought in your entire life. Same with many other Steam users. It's a joke that you have this ignorant mindset, and I'm going to ask you to stop taking the thread off topic and starting console/PC wars.

ahaha, I mean; PC version has sold more than the Xbone version, but keep going.
  • Sunrise Driver, UltraGizmo64, Lowi and 1 other like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:37 PM

But PC is a large playerbase. As I said, we have 5m Steam owners and probably another 5m on top of that for the RSSC versions. http://steamspy.com/app/271590
Sure, but there are other technicalities involved as well, not just the playerbase, esp., when you take Online into account and its maintenance with such a huge fanbase for Rockstar games.
Its good for PC players because the more time they take in updating and releasing more content the better version will be available for us to enjoy in the end complete with all the patches and DLCs.
So, I don't think the delay should always be seen in a negative light, since the brilliant PC version of V has shown how much care the developers have put into making it better than any previous PC release of their games.
The games of such large scope and scale aren't easy to handle. So, I can understand the developers difficulty in maintaining the quality and standards they have to achieve with such huge playerbase across different platforms.
If it really ends up being a console exclusive then I'll definitely be upset about it, but I don't see any reason to deny PC players from the experience as you have mentioned the PC playerbase has also shown a good increase and that's something the publishers cant easily ignore. Sooner or later they'll release PC version.
  • UltraGizmo64 and 609_uu like this

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:38 PM

How many PS4 player threads have you seen set up when a PC exclusive is announced? Where they bitch and moan about being treated unfairly even though this period between console and PC release allows Rockstar to create a superior version of the game which takes much, much longer due to the massive inconsistencies in hardware set ups that PC owners have?

How often do you see XBox gamers start threads when a game comes to PC only? H

Is this guy for real?
Exactly what PC exclusive are you comparing to Red Dead here?

You're seriously telling me, without cracking a smile, that you wouldn't be pissed and raging all over this forum if RDR2 was announced as a PC exclusive?

LeL

• Sunrise Driver, Crystal3lf and 609_uu like this

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:39 PM

It takes more time to make a decent PC version

Yeah, just like Fuzzknuckles said. Also, if someone said to you "Look, here is this car and you can get it now or if you wait a bit - you can get better car for the same price." what would you do? Of course you'd wait because you can live with out it. Same goes here. And PC actually (again, as Fuzzknuckles mention) requires a lot more work towards optimization, because there are thousands of different PC configurations and it takes time to optimize that sh*t.

• UltraGizmo64, slimeball supreme and ten-a-penny like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:39 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 18 October 2016 - 02:41 PM.

PC gamers are toxic, noisy and entitled, and very often, they're not paying for the games they're acting like they have a right to own.

I have probably bought more Steam games than you have bought in your entire life. Same with many other Steam users. It's a joke that you have this ignorant mindset, and I'm going to ask you to stop taking the thread off topic and starting console/PC wars.

ahaha, I mean; PC version has sold more than the Xbone version, but keep going.

I've spent about £2000 on Steam in the last three years. I buy for 4 platforms, I don't just play on PC. So in total, probably 10k worth of games and machines in the room right now. Maybe more. 

Now, about those PC pirates - how many lost sales do you think they sidestepped in the initial release on PS3/360 by not releasing to PC right away?

How often do you see XBox gamers start threads when a game comes to PC only? H

Is this guy for real?
Exactly what PC exclusive are you comparing to Red Dead here?

You're seriously telling me, without cracking a smile, that you wouldn't be pissed and raging all over this forum if RDR2 was announced as a PC exclusive?

LeL

No because I don't exclusively game on consoles. 

• slimeball supreme, ten-a-penny and FRANKlEBOY like this

Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜°ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:47 PM Edited by Crystal3lf, 18 October 2016 - 03:26 PM.

Sure, but there are other technicalities involved as well, not just the playerbase, esp., when you take Online into account and its maintenance with such a huge fanbase for Rockstar games.
Its good for PC players because the more time they take in updating and releasing more content the better version will be available for us to enjoy in the end complete with all the patches and DLCs.
So, I don't think the delay should always be seen in a negative light, since the brilliant PC version of V has shown how much care the developers have put into making it better than any previous PC release of their games.
The games of such large scope and scale aren't easy to handle. So, I can understand the developers difficulty in maintaining the quality and standards they have to achieve with such huge playerbase across different platforms.
If it really ends up being a console exclusive then I'll definitely be upset about it, but I don't see any reason to deny PC players from the experience as you have mentioned the PC playerbase has also shown a good increase and that's something the publishers cant easily ignore. Sooner or later they'll release PC version.

I am 100% for a delayed PC version, I could honestly not care at all if they took their time, like GTA V with the PC version. The problem is, is that there is no confirmation of this. It reeks of shady business practices that Rockstar are doing over and over again to us.

They know that people will want to buy the console version first, because if they don't they will either not get to play it or be spoiled by other people, and that's what happened with GTA V. It worked well for Rockstar because of the timing of PS4/Xbone release, so the excuse for a delayed version was viable.

They have shown they can release PC versions of their games a long side console versions. Max Payne 3 for example.

LevelDockSix
  • LevelDockSix

Sure Shot

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • India

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:48 PM

FFS, stop the bickering; the next Red Dead game just got frikkin' announced! Yes, there are pirates on PC, big whoop. Makes sense for them to not release it at launch, or maybe they're giving us the finger again in which case whatever, no sales from our side. I highly doubt this will be the case this time, the PC storefront/platform is too big to ignore IMHO, especially Steam.

I can only hope the PC version (if) comes soon after the console release if they plan on not having a PC version on launch. Fingers crossed theNGClan won't have to make "RDR2 and Steam" topic ;)

• AmigaMix likes this

Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜°ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:56 PM Edited by Crystal3lf, 26 February 2017 - 06:04 AM.

I've spent about £2000 on Steam in the last three years. I buy for 4 platforms, I don't just play on PC. So in total, probably 10k worth of games and machines in the room right now. Maybe more.

Cute. I'm currently at $8836, just on Steam.

Now, about those PC pirates - how many lost sales do you think they sidestepped in the initial release on PS3/360 by not releasing to PC right away?

People who have pirated the game(which is a very minuscule number btw), were never going to buy the game in the first place, console or not? They haven't lost sales at all. This is why quite a few developers now-a-days don't care if it's pirated, as it can actually bring more sales to their game.

Someone pirates, likes it, buys it.

http://www.forbes.co...e/#746a86da1b4e

“Piracy is not theft,” he said. “If you steal a car, the original is lost. If you copy a game, there are simply more of them in the world. There is no such thing as a ‘lost sale’. Is a bad review a lost sale? What about a missed ship date?”
  • Sunrise Driver, UltraGizmo64 and 609_uu like this

Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜°ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:02 PM

Yeah? See my point? PC gamers are toxic, noisy and entitled

Console users, so much nicer.

3WnF1NQ.png

O6lu5LL.png
  • Sunrise Driver, Mega, CartmanKusanagi and 6 others like this