526 replies to this topic
EVOLUT7ON
  • EVOLUT7ON

#BeMyValentine & #BIKERS snapmatic contests winner

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • Best Funny [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Runner-Up

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:48 AM Edited by EVOLUT7ON, 18 March 2017 - 01:50 AM.

Im not sure about you but after all what've said that guy at 4chan, I believe to every his word. All his words were absolutely proved. He leaked 100% correct info. So, according to all of that, I also believe to his post about RDR2 coming to PC. https://boards.fired...2207/#157676002

• jedijosh920 likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

We should have a choice, i dont want to play games on a f*cking console, there are enough pc games sales to show that pc is a worthy platform.

Yes, Rockstar know this, but they also know they can make people pay for a game twice, once on consoles so people can be first in experiencing the game and be up to date with everyone else playing the latest Rockstar Game, and then again on PC to get a better experience on top. It's just good money choices, sh*t, people purchased GTAV THREE times because it came out that spread apart.
  • Jestic, UltraGizmo64, spitfire 26 rus and 2 others like this

Xayah
  • Xayah

I can never resist an invitation to dance

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

Take-Two when asked about PC. I think it's definitely coming to PC, GTA 5 for PC was planned from start too.

"The great news is that the PC market is vibrant for us. It’s a great market for us. It’s a big market. It’s a core market in consumers that are highly engaged. It’s a predominantly digital market, which also removes friction in terms of ongoing engagement with a consumer. So, for us, the PC market as a company is very important and very exciting and something we focus on."

• tsycho89 likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:08 PM

2K's games have always come for PC. Rockstar is another story, but I'm almost sure we're getting RDR2 PC, just not at release, likely.

• Jestic, Antaxi, tsycho89 and 1 other like this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:17 PM Edited by Sunrise Driver, 03 August 2017 - 12:17 PM.

PC is the main platform for Online / MMO games so be confident - RDR3 will come for PC. :D

• tsycho89 likes this

Xayah
  • Xayah

I can never resist an invitation to dance

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

2K's games have always come for PC. Rockstar is another story, but I'm almost sure we're getting RDR2 PC, just not at release, likely.

You're right.

iwillr0k
  • iwillr0k

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

It's like they're teasing us.

Titabafon
  • Titabafon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Cameroon

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

Ok thanks buddy
Am not sure rdr2 is coming out on PC

R* lover
  • R* lover

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

Im not sure about you but after all what've said that guy at 4chan, I believe to every his word. All his words were absolutely proved. He leaked 100% correct info. So, according to all of that, I also believe to his post about RDR2 coming to PC. https://boards.fired...2207/#157676002

If that's true, there is no doubt, it will come for PC.

And seeing that a guy has asked Yan2295 (known leaker) about this and he answered: "Yeah, just later than on console, similar to what they did with GTA V".

I think that definitly it will come for PC.

Choteron
  • Choteron

Cockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

They want that people buy their game twice, first for consoles and after for PC. Like GTA V

• IG_ likes this

R* lover
  • R* lover

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

But the question is if R* will let PC players play RDR (making a remaster) , because it has never come to it.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

If this does get released on the PC a year after the console versions It'll be pretty weird seeing PC players get the second game and not the first. But since this is a prequel it's a bit justified. But we do need a PC version of the first game.

Snoopbr
  • Snoopbr

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

Well I'm impressed to see a lot of people asking for a PC a version in the comments. The PC community will put a lot of pressure on R* when this game comes out, like GTA V.

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:38 PM

Be funny if rockstar had a no modding policy for red dead redemption 2 if it comes to pc.

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

Be funny if rockstar had a no modding policy for red dead redemption 2 if it comes to pc.

Damn, and here I was hoping to strap on some high-powered thrusters to my horse!

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:10 PM Edited by FlatFX, 28 September 2017 - 08:10 PM.

PC Version will happen. They learned from GTA V that they can make money with a PC Port. 

But there is a big but. They have to put crazy amount of ressources into maintenance because of all those cheaters and modders. Which is also the reason PC version is coming later. They need those ressources first for a successfull console launch.

I believe that a PC version was planned very early for this game the port will take less time compared to GTA V, where they also gained experience.

We all know that Borderlands 3 is probably going to be released early 2019. So a RDR2 PC port just makes sense to be released for Christmas 2018 or one year later. Otherwise it would be too late.

I bet on a christmas 2018 release for RDR2 on PC. 

• Pastry likes this

Choteron
  • Choteron

Cockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

I believe that a PC version was planned very early for this game the port will take less time compared to GTA V, where they also gained experience.

Hope you are right. The wait for GTA V was awful

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

It'll come. The delay probably has nothing to do with cheaters/modders, but more to do with optimisation on the near-endless variations of PC hardware and how stretched they are simply optimising the games for consoles. Also, you know, the whole fact that they know PC players will begrudgingly wait and that many of them will double dip.

Ruin
  • Ruin

☿️️

• The Yakuza
  • Japan

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:36 PM

PC Version will happen. They learned from GTA V that they can make money with a PC Port. 

They've learned that since GTA III. Money's not the problem, or rather, lack of revenue.

Why release the game once when instead you can release it twice and double-dip your income?

They have to put crazy amount of ressources into maintenance because of all those cheaters and modders. 

No they don't. R* support is on par with Valve's Steam support. They only put effort when it threatened their shark card sales when cheating was so abundant. After they nipped most ways to glitch assets and cash they half-assedly patches actual cheaters by making the game more taxing with a barrage of mediocre patches that only stiffed performance.

Which is also the reason PC version is coming later. They need those ressources first for a successfull console launch.

Lol, what?

The game is developed on PC then ported and optimized for each console.

The decision to hold out on PC is intentional as has been so since GTA III.

I believe that a PC version was planned very early for this game

Credible source?

We all know that Borderlands 3 is probably going to be released early 2019. So a RDR2 PC port just makes sense to be released for Christmas 2018 or one year later. Otherwise it would be too late.

Like being late ever mattered to R*.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

Although the game is developed on a PC, it's targetted for console code, so it's not "ported". However, nowadays with the next-gen consoles, it's much easier to make a PC game from console code because their hardware architecture is the same now, which wasn't the case with PS3/Xbox 360. Just this fact almost confirms a PC version because by developing for current-gen consoles, they're basically developing for PC.

• Xerukal, Choteron and tsycho89 like this

Choteron
  • Choteron

Cockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:38 PM

Although the game is developed on a PC, it's targetted for console code, so it's not "ported". However, nowadays with the next-gen consoles, it's much easier to make a PC game from console code because their hardware architecture is the same now, which wasn't the case with PS3/Xbox 360. Just this fact almost confirms a PC version because by developing for current-gen consoles, they're basically developing for PC.

Hope i dont need to wait 1 year and 7 months (after consoles release) like i waited for GTA V PC version

Johnson Johnson
  • Johnson Johnson

Que VIADAO BUNITU Hein

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

Hope i dont need to wait 1 year and 7 months (after consoles release) like i waited for GTA V PC version

You wont need to wait 1 year and 7 months, you will have to wait something like 6-7 years until theres a PS4/xone Emulator

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

execute me (haha giddit)

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:15 PM

There weren't PCs back then, my dudes.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Grove street 4 life

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

do they permanently want to lose PC fans, because it is legitimately going to happen.

No it will not.

Danie122
  • Danie122

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:06 PM

Gonna buy ps4 only for red dead, if they don't announced it for pc, gonna sell console and game.

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:11 PM

Gonna buy ps4 only for red dead, if they don't announced it for pc, gonna sell console and game.

The whole reason Rockstar delays their games for PC is so that people double dip...buy a ps4 and play it if you want it that desperately but you're playing into their hands doing so.

Choteron
  • Choteron

Cockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:49 PM Edited by Choteron, 29 September 2017 - 06:50 PM.

You wont need to wait 1 year and 7 months, you will have to wait something like 6-7 years until theres a PS4/xone Emulator

Dont think so. Now the PC market is in much better shape that 2010. Also GTA V on PC sold 8 millions of units.

There are a lot of chances for a PC version

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

After RDR 2 on PC comes out (if it comes out, that is) Rockstar is obliged to remaster the first game and bring it to PC/PS4. They've got a lot of studios, give the task of optimizing the code to them. Hell, outsource it like they did with the mobile GTAs. At this point an IV-quality PC port is welcomed.

Madvillain
  • Madvillain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:58 AM

Rockstars reaction when you ask them about the PC RDR Version

Steve-Harvey-when-he-got-Miss-Universe-r

• one55 and Snoopbr like this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:44 AM Edited by one55, 30 September 2017 - 09:44 AM.

If GTA V is any indication of what to expect then PC version will be announced roughly at the start of 2019 and then release later on that year or early 2020.

After RDR 2 on PC comes out (if it comes out, that is) Rockstar is obliged to remaster the first game and bring it to PC/PS4. They've got a lot of studios, give the task of optimizing the code to them. Hell, outsource it like they did with the mobile GTAs. At this point an IV-quality PC port is welcomed.

No, they aren't.

• Pastry likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users