Affix - fix your RPF archives and work without OpenIV

V Released
27 replies to this topic
crypter
  • crypter

cryptokeys and gobblegums

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:11 AM Edited by crypter, 17 October 2016 - 05:29 AM.

Hereby, I am releasing my first contribution to the Grand Theft Auto/RAGE modding ecosystem, based on the works of Neodymium (known for, among other things, MetaTool) that have been left lying idle on his GitHub profile for over a year, a tool that does what the current modding hegemony does not even want you to believe is possible.

Affix/ArchiveFix fixes your RPF archives. No more dealing with fake no-encryption using OpenIV.asi, no more anything, just clean RPF package files that can be loaded by any game copy.

This is a research project Neodymium has worked on a while ago, and apparently actually works, if one finds the actual key data from the game executable code - a few minutes of generating (on a 4th generation Intel Core i5 processor) ~60MB of data, and one can repack headers of RPF archives to be like... nothing ever happened. It seems this same encryption scheme is used for a few other things too, I am currently investigating how to best leverage that.

Also, in the near future, I will post an easy tutorial in the style of those recently posted by The_GTA to help you liberate yourself from the anti-Western modding hegemony by using open source plugins to replicate the behavior of the mods/ folder that OpenIV offers, and maybe even allow re-encrypting sound files!

Right now, the tool itself should guide itself, if you run it from a console or from the GUI, it'll tell you what to pass as parameters and how to set up the whole program, in a modern and wacky writing style poking fun at the entirety of the world. Basically, fetch keys from a running copy of GTA5 (or common modifications of GTA5), avoid the 'do not use really' command and just repack archives however you want by passing them as argument to 'fix' or dragging them to the executable!

Download (temporary link, I do not know when these will expire...)

Go get 'em!

Some words of thanks...
Thanks go out to the following people, who influenced my view on the community and led to the creation of this program and others to follow. If you are not on the list, do not feel left out - you're all great!

- GooD-NTS, for causing the modding ecosystem to be so darn ruined
- Arxan Technologies, for creating TransformIT
- Neodymium, for breaking TransformIT
- _CP_, for the efforts in perfection in artistry
- The Hero, The_GTA, Silent et al., for showing that code perfection can be achieved in a modding community
- GTARandom, for no relevant reason at all, except his dedication to his own cause, even when there might not be any
- ThirteenAG, for showing not all Russians are mean. Please do not be offended by my jokes.
- Yoshifirebird, for telling me to get involved with this community, and having a rational view on everything
- Microsoft and the Roslyn community, for creating the wondrous .NET ecosystem. I've not seen such joy in coding in a long time, the modern C# language is a masterpiece.
- those left unnamed that are aware of me when reading this, and have helped shape my views and strive toward perfection - even those who can no longer mod alongside us for whatever reason.

You're all great.
  • Gforce, Jestic, Ash_735 and 28 others like this

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany
  • Modding Milestone [Magic.TXD]

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:28 AM Edited by The_GTA, 17 October 2016 - 07:40 AM.

Making an open source toolchain to process/'fix' RPF archives? Sounds like something I could use!

You remind me of when I started out, with dreams and an open mind about modding. I agree with you on the monopoly of some eastern countries on RAGE research. For that reason I am looking forward to your contributions!

It could be strange to people that GTA V has to be running. But that is required I think.

GTA modding needs more love and sharing. :)

----------

I think by my tutorial style you mean: using all kinds of media to express research. I like to do video tutorials (+voice) and accompany them with short written form. Mind you that it requires you to be solid on your GTA modding knowledge.
  • crypter, dkluin, BlackScout and 2 others like this

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

DualShock 3 Buttons EVERYWHERE

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

Good job!

• crypter likes this

crypter
  • crypter

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:39 PM

It could be strange to people that GTA V has to be running. But that is required I think.

No, it is only needed when you want to generate the key cache files, you can get the data I read from memory from the EXE on the HDD as well but I haven't found how, the OpenIV people have but they of course don't document it, so I'm required to read them from memory...

I think by my tutorial style you mean: using all kinds of media to express research. I like to do video tutorials (+voice) and accompany them with short written form. Mind you that it requires you to be solid on your GTA modding knowledge.

I more mean like "post a tutorial around the same time as releasing a tool"... I do not have a microphone or speakers and my voice is untrained and probably not meant for video, so I can't do voice (sadly), but video tutorials with embedded annotations (and not the "look at me type instructions in Notepad" style either) are not out of the question.

Good job!

Thanks!

Has anyone tried if the tool works on their system yet, by the way? I'm not too sure if it works anywhere else, only tested it on my own PC while fixing things at the same time, 'yasee...

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:59 PM

Not all cryptokeys are present. Try generating them together with some gobblegums! The `fetch' command is there for a reason.

Hey, mate, listen up. There's a time for reason, and a time for stupidity.
Now is neither. Run Grand Theft Auto V. Then try doing whatever it is you were doing again.

The next line is endorsed by Affluent Fix.. keeping the reds away!
Finding the hard as can be shizzle in C:\Hry\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe... this'll take a while! Don't panic, we're cats!

Wow

Just generating the keys. Will report if the modified rpf will work.

• crypter likes this

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Script or Plugin 2016 [SkyGfx] [Contribution]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:00 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 17 October 2016 - 04:01 PM.

What a stupid thing. Are retarded kids going to use this to cheat in GTAO now?

Egh, the enemy of my enemy is my friend though, so, have a like. Probably going to be a hate, though.
  • crypter, The_GTA, dkluin and 1 other like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

So sadly V crashes with modified RPF. Tried opening the modified rpf in OpenIV - works fine there.
Your program says

This packfile is already encrypted - what are you trying to do? That literally maketh no sense!

V says it has corrupted data.

crypter
  • crypter

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

This is not meant for multiplayer games. I do not know how the R* Social Club cheat detection works, so it may work, it may also get you banned.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

How this can be used as cheat? Rockstar checked a modified RPF by non-encryption?

crypter
  • crypter

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:09 PM

So sadly V crashes with modified RPF. Tried opening the modified rpf in OpenIV - works fine there.

How did you generate the original RPF? Are you sure this is the only modified RPF you have in your game installation?

If OpenIV can decrypt it, the game should be able to as well.

Your program says

This packfile is already encrypted - what are you trying to do? That literally maketh no sense!

Correct, it will only say this after successfully decrypting the RPF with the saved keys.

How this can be used as cheat? Rockstar checked a modified RPF by non-encryption?

If the only checks are for ASI loaders being used, this will make the game, eh, load modified files without ASI loader. Not hard to add 2 and banana together, is it, now?
  • 609_uu likes this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:10 PM Edited by Tomasak, 17 October 2016 - 04:11 PM.

How did you generate the original RPF? Are you sure this is the only modified RPF you have in your game installation?

If OpenIV can decrypt it, the game should be able to as well.

I opened vanilla update.rpf with openiv. Installed xbox one icons, closed it, run your tool over the with OpenIV modified update.rpf

• crypter likes this

crypter
  • crypter

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

I opened vanilla update.rpf with openiv. Installed xbox one icons, closed it, run your tool over the with OpenIV modified update.rpf

Your error. You see, the files are in an RPF inside of an RPF.

You need to replace the inner files, extract that RPF, run ArchiveFix on that RPF, import the RPF, then run ArchiveFix on the outer RPF.

Thanks for reminding me, though. I'll fix this in a future release, so it automatically will change inner RPFs.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:19 PM

Your error. You see, the files are in an RPF inside of an RPF.

You need to replace the inner files, extract that RPF, run ArchiveFix on that RPF, import the RPF, then run ArchiveFix on the outer RPF.

Thanks for reminding me, though. I'll fix this in a future release, so it automatically will change inner RPFs.

But don't you have to extract and import decrypted RPFs via OpenIV, which will encrypt them again for lulz?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:19 PM Edited by _CP_, 17 October 2016 - 04:20 PM.

I guess that crashes are only in Social Club version, Steam is fine. I could edit root x64 RPFs and game loads them without redownloading or crashing because of corrupted files.
  • crypter and 609_uu like this

crypter
  • crypter

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:20 PM

But don't you have to extract and import decrypted RPFs via OpenIV, which will encrypt them again for lulz?

If you don't edit the RPF after you've imported it, it won't touch it, unless GooD decides to be BaD and bully everyone else by doing exactly that.
  • Mega likes this

Evanjellydonut
  • Evanjellydonut

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • Japan

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:04 PM

Egh, the enemy of my enemy is my friend though, so, have a like. Probably going to be a hate, though.

stop.being.like.wesser!

• The_GTA likes this

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

They might kill me, but they won't scare me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:53 AM

Sigh, so instead of combining forces to do something valuable and advanced you choose to do the same thing as openIV just so you can say 'haha now there's 2 things that can do the same thing!!' 

It's like the modding tool software cold war over here.....

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:54 AM

Sigh, so instead of combining forces to do something valuable and advanced you choose to do the same thing as openIV just so you can say 'haha now there's 2 things that can do the same thing!!' 

No. This tool literally decrypt RPF archives crypted by OpenIV so they can be used without any mod. (aka some asi loader + openiv.asi)

• Blackbird88 likes this

Chipsman
  • Chipsman

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:50 PM

No. This tool literally decrypt RPF archives crypted by OpenIV so they can be used without any mod. (aka some asi loader + openiv.asi)

LOL, Where people get such kind of durgs those days?

OpenIV is just not able to encrypt archives (because at the time of implementation of the archive's editing the encryption algorithm was unknown) and openiv.asi just forces the game to read unencrypted archives, that's all, nothing more

We plan to implement archive's encrypting in one of the future releases but now it is not number one priority. We think it's better to implement PSO/Fragments/Animations and other resources stuff first.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:40 PM Edited by fastman92, 18 October 2016 - 09:48 PM.

Nice contribution.

--------

What am I doing in this tool?

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:25 PM Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman, 19 October 2016 - 01:26 PM.

What kind of advantage do i get with this tool expect the online modded RPF's access?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nice contribution.

--------

What am I doing in this tool?

Hey, could you pls bring your limitadjuster to GTA V?!

reditec
  • reditec

DEV / SocialMediaManager / Translator / 18

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:45 PM

Damn, nice work. I'm so glad to see people working on Open Source tools related to RAGE. You make me believe in the community again. :)

• Blackbird88, fastman92, BlackScout and 1 other like this

LevelDockSix
  • LevelDockSix

Sure Shot

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • India

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:14 PM

Nice work! I use vehicle and visual mods in Online because the default cars sometimes gets boring :) this should, in theory, alleviate any future bans I suppose ;)

Irrespective, great job once again.

• MrGTAmodsgerman likes this

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:29 PM Edited by Mr.Arrow, 17 June 2017 - 04:29 PM.

Quite late here, but I'm so glad this tool exist.

OpenIV is good, but I don't really like their monopoly over RAGE games.

FaceTheRaven
  • FaceTheRaven

"Face the Raven"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

This tool might be the reason why OpenIV was taken down. Using this tool anyone can use OpenIV mods in GTA Online, and Rockstar said they acted against OpenIV because of GTA Online.
So, yeah this tool is very helpful.

QuentinS
  • QuentinS

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:39 AM

Very good work ! Worked like a charm changing my sirens but when trying to update my clothes via the dlc.rpf in patchday11ng, the game crashes at launch with an error "Invalid rage::fiPackfile encryption type specified".

Any idea where this is coming from?

Thanks

edwin_k
  • edwin_k

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:58 PM

I guess I am a little late, just had a question about your tool. I ran the tool, but it keeps displaying the same message over and over:

Invalid command `'. Try one of these instead: [fix] .:. [fetch] .:. [donotuse_really] (without brackets, pretty please with big on top)

For help, contact one of the following:
 * the administrator of the machine called
 * whoever is called  (what a dumb name, right?)
 * the vendor of this software (Affluent Fix Productions, Ltd.)
 * your culture's deity (if applicable)
 * law enforcement (outside the U.S. and Canada)
 * Arxan Technologies at 855-99-ARXAN (855-992-7926, toll-free from within the North American Numbering Plan).

The team at Affluent Fix Productions Ltd. thanks you for purchasing this tool.
Affluent Fix™ - fighting the communist scare, even in the 21st century!

Press the `any' key to exit.

What does this mean? I'm sorry if I'm a dumbass. Just wanna enjoy mods. Thanks.

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

I guess I am a little late, just had a question about your tool. I ran the tool, but it keeps displaying the same message over and over:

Invalid command `'. Try one of these instead: [fix] .:. [fetch] .:. [donotuse_really] (without brackets, pretty please with big on top)

For help, contact one of the following:
 * the administrator of the machine called
 * whoever is called  (what a dumb name, right?)
 * the vendor of this software (Affluent Fix Productions, Ltd.)
 * your culture's deity (if applicable)
 * law enforcement (outside the U.S. and Canada)
 * Arxan Technologies at 855-99-ARXAN (855-992-7926, toll-free from within the North American Numbering Plan).

The team at Affluent Fix Productions Ltd. thanks you for purchasing this tool.
Affluent Fix™ - fighting the communist scare, even in the 21st century!

Press the `any' key to exit.

What does this mean? I'm sorry if I'm a dumbass. Just wanna enjoy mods. Thanks.

Create a shortcut of the exe file and run it with command fetch or fix

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users