Quantcast

» «
Photo

did you like the ending?

41 replies to this topic

Poll: did you like the ending? (96 member(s) have cast votes)

did you like the ending?

1. yes (68 votes [70.83%])

Percentage of vote: 70.83%

2. no (14 votes [14.58%])

Percentage of vote: 14.58%

3. it was so-so (14 votes [14.58%])

Percentage of vote: 14.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote
BoulderFaceplant
  • BoulderFaceplant

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:38 AM Edited by BoulderFaceplant, 01 November 2016 - 02:42 AM.

I would have made it so Edgar Ross was actually wanting to spare Marston after he reunited with his family. The whole theme of government killing the West and honor would have been amplified if Edgar was a victim of the government rather than a personification of it.

It would have been better if everything was ruined for Marston a large group of people rather than just one corrupt asshole. The idea of the government as this ominous, unstoppable force was kind of muddled when the writers gave it a human face.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

Yes. John dying the way he did was so poetic and I quite liked Jack's stand off with Ross,

G.T.
  • G.T.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:00 AM

I thought it was an okay ending. Good game overall though.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:53 PM Edited by Crashbandicoot2, 17 February 2017 - 12:53 PM.

I liked the ending but would have liked an option to play as john again after getting 100%. Would have loved a reverse Jack attack cheat after the ending even an alternate ending based on your honour. Example:Having good honour gets you the ending we currently have but having bad honour triggers an ending where John runs away with his family instead of earning his redemption by sacrificeing himself. Anyways cant wait for red dead redemption 2.

Mister Leone
  • Mister Leone

Numb

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

The ending had a purpose and it served said purpose. I thought they tried to do something similar in LA Noire, but the emotion and bond between player and protagonist wasn't really there, you were too focused on solving cases. The transition into Jack is jarring, you miss John a lot - well, so does Jack.
  • Payne Killer likes this

vnus_dmlo
  • vnus_dmlo

The Judge

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:46 AM

it was a great ending, but..

i wonder what it couldve been like if instead of john dying, abigail and jack do and john is forced to run and he tracks down edgar instead of jack and you play on as john with nothing to lose and nothing to live for
  • Payne Killer likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:53 PM

I must be one of the few people who liked playing with Jack and his nerd rage.

Could do without the "WARK YA DAMN NAG" though. I'm like, "c'mon, I payed two dollars so I could get the  Warhorse for you and you still call it a damn nag." :(

I get why he's mean to the horses though, I feel like he blames them for not being able to get back to the ranch in time to save his dad. Total nerd rage.

Benjammin420
  • Benjammin420

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:13 AM

I didn't love it, but with some as epic as RDR, I don't think there can be a "good" ending. One thing I don't like is being stuck as Jack afterwards, and that only he can wear certain outfits.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:41 AM

fan-theory-jack-marston-was-the-reason-f
After doing another playthrough, I came to like Jack over time, through the game he misses John, as do we the player, I always feel bad for him when he mentions John during a shootout or whatever, he became everything his father didn't want him to be, I just wish we got to see Abigail's last moments, I'm glad Jack didn't run out on her. I'm working on a fan fic about Jack and his time as an outlaw in the states and his time settling down in Mexico, having a family, and dying of old age.

Shakermaker
  • Shakermaker

Black Hole Sun

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:33 PM Edited by Shakermaker, 26 May 2017 - 05:35 PM.

It was a sad but great ending.

Jack became everything he's father didn't want him to be. Poetic.

21:6
  • 21:6

| v a p o r w a v e |

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:41 PM

The ending was awesome, but it would be better if the game told you what happened to Jack rather than leaving it up to the player. I like to think Jack became what John and Abigail wanted him to be, rather than what John was, although Rockstar clearly don't want it to be that way. The ending is morally evil as it shows an endless cycle of pain and suffering. Once Jack seeks revenge he will end up how John was all throughout the game and then end up dead like John seeking redemption for his revenge, and then he will pass that on to his children and their children until the cycle is broken. In short, RDR is poetic genius.

I only hope the next game will match up to this masterpiece.

Bare
  • Bare

mcr is red

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

No, it was heartbreaking. Still loved the game and story as a whole but damn how can they do John like that :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users