Quantcast

» «
Photo

Red Dead Redemption 2 General Chat

29,723 replies to this topic

Poll: RDR2 Information (224 member(s) have cast votes)

We're back to the "in the coming weeks". When do you think we're getting the next piece of info?

1. February (42 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

2. March (81 votes [36.16%])

Percentage of vote: 36.16%

3. April (39 votes [17.41%])

Percentage of vote: 17.41%

4. May (24 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

5. Beyond May (38 votes [16.96%])

Percentage of vote: 16.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote
arno_cat
  • arno_cat

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 hours ago

20 days after the Delay, after they said "in the coming weeks" and there's still nothing. they have 1 week pretty much to keep the promise, after that, It's already a month or months... better not fail us Rockstar.

Remember when they said that more news would come in Summer? They are probably ready for failing us again, lmao.

But for real, I think they are waiting for a gameinformer cover reveal, first week of March, to release new info...

• saintsrow likes this

RedDeadRenegade
  • RedDeadRenegade

Outlaw

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 hours ago

The Benz might be the most annoying Rockstar meme I have ever seen. I hate it when people deify one person over an entire team.
  • Jestic, saintsrow, GTAFanClub and 8 others like this

Safari
  • Safari

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 hours ago

20 days after the Delay, after they said "in the coming weeks" and there's still nothing. they have 1 week pretty much to keep the promise, after that, It's already a month or months... better not fail us Rockstar.

Remember when they said that more news would come in Summer? They are probably ready for failing us again, lmao.

But for real, I think they are waiting for a gameinformer cover reveal, first week of March, to release new info...

GI covers usually come out after a story trailer and or gameplay trailer and the GI cover goes over everything within that trailer and past news.

The Benz might be the most annoying Rockstar meme I have ever seen. I hate it when people deify one person over an entire team.

I know right I've been saying this for so long yes benz was the "leader" at the time but its not like the other 1,000 workers are just sitting on there ass not creating ideas, programming etc its ridicules RDR2 will be a great game without benz

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 16 hours ago

If anyone should be deified in Rockstar, it's Aaron Garbut, the Art Director:^:  He has managed the design of these fantastic open worlds, that are the foundation of these HD games, and he is also involved in the rest of the game design.  Now he's moved on to project lead.  It's gotta be a good thing.  

There are a few other interviews ( this and this ) out there with Aaron, that are uplifting, in giving a background on the design of these worlds.  

• Efreet and zachsterosu like this

SuperKitsune
  • SuperKitsune

Kitsune

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 16 hours ago

I thought it's not really R*'s style to be at E3.
  • saintsrow likes this

BUT THE BENZ
  • BUT THE BENZ

How much for the benz?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 hours ago

you misunderstood and jumped to conclusions there mate. what I clearly said and implied, is that with the benz AROUND, the TEAM could have made more great things happen. I don't say he would do it himself, that's your misinterpretation.

/whatever

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 15 hours ago

....that's your misinterpretation.

/whatever

Yeah, we've always just misinterpreted you Noclue. You never acted like The Benz is the 2nd coming of Christ, irreplaceable for R* and indispensable for their future success.

• Jestic, jackemannen, Switchblade Eyes and 2 others like this

Big_Smiley
  • Big_Smiley

Oldies Rule Forever!! -Chuy Crica (1992)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 hours ago

Christ, thank you. Anyway good to see this thread still going strong :happy: I'll keep checking for anything new regarding RDR2. Hopefully of course besides waiting :/
  • zachsterosu likes this

Holland_Hicks
  • Holland_Hicks

Big L R.I.P.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 hours ago

I've been thinking, maybe the option to keep long guns in the saddle of your horse is Rockstar's way of making the horse more useful as a "companion," and not just a means of transportation. Perhaps we'll be able to store a number of items on our horse.

I don't know why, but this feature is one of the things that has me most excited about the game. It just adds to the immersion for me, especially since if you look back at old photos, you don't really see any cowboys carrying rifles around on their backs. 

• saintsrow, Big_Smiley, Canady117 and 5 others like this

Mr. Morgan
  • Mr. Morgan

Cowboy Apologist

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 14 hours ago

"We look forward to sharing a lot more information with you in the coming weeks."

tumblr_inline_p41y42bHRt1r9vdbu_250.gif

• Jestic, saintsrow, Canady117 and 3 others like this

Holland_Hicks
  • Holland_Hicks

Big L R.I.P.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 hours ago

"We look forward to sharing a lot more information with you in the coming weeks."

We're not getting anything this month. I'm optimistic for March, but even that's a stretch. April/May is most likely what they meant by "the coming weeks." Keep in mind that Rockstar have been known to straight up lie about when they next give out information. 

• saintsrow and SuperKitsune like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 13 hours ago Edited by saintsrow, 13 hours ago.

We're not getting anything this month. I'm optimistic for March, but even that's a stretch. April/May is most likely what they meant by "the coming weeks." Keep in mind that Rockstar have been known to straight up lie about when they next give out information. 

Rockstar's terminology -- "a *few* weeks or so" and "soon" and "in the coming weeks" -- can be interpreted more realistically when you understand that in the Rockstar lexicon, these ambiguous time statements refer to time units, such as weeks, that are measured in a minimum of two decimal digits (i.e., 10 to 99) and sometimes even three decimal digits (100 -999).  

We've seen this again and again.  

In the case of GTAV, the time period from the first announcement of "full development" until game release was about 96 weeks.  For RDR2, it's looking like it will be at least 106 weeks from first announcement.  So in that context, it's easy to see how Rockstar's interpretation of "few" could be anything from 12 to 48 weeks, as it was for the GTAV infodroughts.  

• Holland_Hicks likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Portugal
  • Best Contributor in Rockstar Games 2017
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 hours ago

Didn't we have a countdown thread for the release of GTAV ?  When did that start ? 100 days from release ?

We had a countdown in the forum header and a fun little thread where people posted the days as pictures. We can do that closer to the date.

• mombo2811 likes this

UAL
  • UAL

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 hours ago

Whenever Rockstar mentions weeks, they mean months. Ofc we could get something tomorrow as it would have been three weeks.

If not I think we'll get something in the first 2 weeks of March.

Hugoat
  • Hugoat

O Tal do Mula

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 hours ago

March will still be my guess, I really expect a lot more information.
Tired of just wondering what may or may not be in the game.
  • Cozzi likes this

VolumeRX
  • VolumeRX

Snitch

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 11 hours ago Edited by VolumeRX, 11 hours ago.

"Few weeks " can also mean more than 4 weeks.

No sh*t, and that won't prevent them using in the next few days, but it could be 60 days... or even seconds... point is, Weeks is supposed to imply less than a month, if it's a month or more, you'd say in the next month or so.

Hell, I wish.. but releasing a GI cover 7 months before the game comes out... sheesh.. that won't make sense.

• saintsrow likes this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 10 hours ago

247 days to go. That's almost the same duration between the first delay in May 2017 and the second delay this month (255 days). Not sure if this makes me feel better tho. I just remember that the last few months flew by really quick while the wait for new info (trailer #2) last Summer felt pretty long.

• saintsrow, Cozzi and SuperKitsune like this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 9 hours ago

I don't know much about this time period

but did they have sniper or sniper like weapons during this time?

Safari
  • Safari

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 8 hours ago

yes they had sniper rifles not as advanced compared to nowadays but still had sniper rifles 

• Cozzi likes this

arno_cat
  • arno_cat

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 hours ago Edited by arno_cat, 3 hours ago.

Hell, I wish.. but releasing a GI cover 7 months before the game comes out... sheesh.. that won't make sense.

GTA V did, so I still have hopes

SuperKitsune
  • SuperKitsune

Kitsune

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 2 hours ago Edited by SuperKitsune, 2 hours ago.

I don't know much about this time period

but did they have sniper or sniper like weapons during this time?

Yes, in particular the rolling block rifle with a Malcolm tube scope. Not really the prettiest and smooth weapon though.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 2 hours ago

Speaking of weapons, I hope there's a pump action shotgun in this game. I really liked that gun in RDR, shame it only became available near the end of the game.

Dick Justice
  • Dick Justice

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 minutes ago Edited by Dick Justice, 23 minutes ago.

If anyone should be deified in Rockstar, it's Aaron Garbut, the Art Director:^:  

The Garb > The Benz.

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 9 minutes ago

The Garb and The Benz cannot be compared because they don't/didn't share the same role and experience. It's sarcasm, I know. When I think of Grand Theft Auto, I instantly picture Dan Houser, Lazlow (Writing, satire, characters, radio) and Garbut (Art, living breathing worlds). The game is made by talented artists, programmers and engineers, but these creative heads are what keep the series' worlds consistent from one release to the next. I wouldn't be convinced if you tell me that a non-Houser writer will maintain the tone of GTA and Red Dead. It's arguably one of the reasons that differentiate Rockstar's open worlds to others in the industry, that is, they're the same heads that have been working on the series since III. 

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 1 anonymous users