Quantcast

» «
Photo

Red Dead Redemption 2 General Chat

20,367 replies to this topic

Poll: RDR2 Information (194 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think is most likely we get next?

1. GI Cover Reveal (46 votes [23.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.71%

2. More Screenshots (90 votes [46.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.39%

3. Collector's/Special Edition Announcement (4 votes [2.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.06%

4. Release Date (26 votes [13.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.40%

5. Red Dead Online Information (19 votes [9.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.79%

6. Cover Art Reveal (if you believe the current is not final) (3 votes [1.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.55%

7. Other (specify in thread) (6 votes [3.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote
B_E_N_1992
  • B_E_N_1992

VCSF

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Dan Houser in 2011:

"I think we succeeded precisely because we didn't concentrate on profit... If we make the sort of games we want to play, then we believe people are going to buy them."

• saintsrow, anthony, BlackScout and 4 others like this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

So I wonder what Arthur's redemption will be

• TheOriginalGunslinger likes this

TheDon1223
  • TheDon1223

"Get three coffins ready..."

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

f4TKHLk.jpg

Could it be that, if it's the case that the game is set over a number of years, that the young man is John Marston's father? There is something familiar looking about him (I think it's the eyes or the eyebrows).

John never knew his father and his mother died during childbirth. Maybe the young man went on the run following his encounter with Arthur, eventually met his wife, had a baby (John), and after she died decided to leave him at an orphanage rather than take him on the run with him.

Or maybe I'm just chatting sh*t.

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Rocktober!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Plugged my Xbox in for the first time in a long time last night to play some RDR.

Did you play multiplayer by any chance? I haven't been able to find a decent Free Roam session in a long time. Invisible players (but player blips are still shown on the radar), Gang Hideouts automatically passing in a matter of seconds, no NPCs or animals anywhere and more.

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Rocktober!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, A week ago.

[-snip-]

Could it be that, if it's the case that the game is set over a number of years, that the young man is John Marston's father? There is something familiar looking about him (I think it's the eyes or the eyebrows).

Sadly, many, many years later he will be blinded in a bar fight south of Chicago.

Just chatting the sh*t with you. :)

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

since this game is a prequel

and Arthur is what seems to be a southern man

what if Arthur was a former slaveholder, that could create an interesting and highly controversial aspect to the game

Hunter S. Compton
  • Hunter S. Compton

That's the paradox, John. You see?

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted A week ago

what if Arthur was a former slaveholder, that could create an interesting and highly controversial aspect to the game

I don't think that will happen because he is too young (slavery ended like 40 years earlier and I doubt he's even in his 50s) but I'm sure you will meet slaveowners, and former slaves as well.

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

Arthur Morgan! Keep her in all black!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Cant wait for the midnight launch on this game, the forums is going to crash of hype.
  • joshua969 and otachi like this

Mr. Jabe
  • Mr. Jabe

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Mr. Jabe, A week ago.

f4TKHLk.jpg

John never knew his father and his mother died during childbirth. Maybe the young man went on the run following his encounter with Arthur, eventually met his wife, had a baby (John), and after she died decided to leave him at an orphanage rather than take him on the run with him.

The thing that got me thinking it was a young John (rather than his father which would mean this game would have to bet set way earlier than where all signs seem to be pointing) was how the boy bears a resemblance to - of all things - my GTA Online character whose 'parent' is John Marston. Here's a picture of such a GTA avatar I found on the web:

rqApFNa.jpg

It's the lower half of the face that I think contains the resemblance - the way his cheeks go inwards down to his chin. I admit that a lot of what Arthur's saying wouldn't make sense were it to be John. I think John was eight when his father died and, of course, his mother died in childbirth (although John never said whether it was his birth!!) Also you've got what seems to be the much older-looking John in the artwork (although Bill Williamson looks much older in that as compared to the trailer).

So it almost certainly isn't John but I can't help but still see the resemblance. Maybe neither the dead man nor the grieving woman are his parents - maybe this is John at the orphanage and Arthur's wrongly presuming them to be his parents??? (Probably not

Edit: Surely that's John in the shot with Bill and Arthur walking away from the burning building though?? Just considering the way he's walking as well as why you wouldn't have the main character in the middle unless this other character had some significance? Again, if it is, that raises questions as to why the characters look older in the artwork. The game is going to span a number of years throughout the story?? All of this is just worthless speculation?? Such questions.......

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Dan Houser in 2011:

"I think we succeeded precisely because we didn't concentrate on profit... If we make the sort of games we want to play, then we believe people are going to buy them."

Times have changed, Rockstar has changed, especially after GTA V.

They have incredible pressure of remaining succesfull and holding up to it.

• saintsrow, anthony and Meekail like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Zello, A week ago.

Slave owners came from rich wealthy families something that Arthur is not. If he was from a wealthy background he wouldn't be an outlaw.

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by anthony, A week ago.

I thin uou still have to intermittenly press a like once or twice to maintain like MAX speed. 

Which guess what is fine. It's not a car, it's a horse. They don't have gas pedals.

You do have to press A regularly to maintain FULL speed; you can hold still A and be at a speed just below the full speed (on big path) for cruising and such, and yes you will need to push A again (if you want that same speed you got on 'principal path') if you go off road or if you take small path, because that's how it works, it affect the horse.
  • saintsrow likes this

SeniorDerp
  • SeniorDerp

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by SeniorDerp, A week ago.

Off the current topic but Rockstars attention to the smallest detail is always amazing. Check out that pupil dialation.
ciNWf4vl.jpg
4UAxpDEl.jpg

Also, in the second trailer when Aurthor finishes saying ..Ill keep her in black, on your behalf his eyes make a slight and quick left-right movement, that added realism will hardly get noticed but seems to add a bit more life to the characters IMO

• saintsrow, Spider-Vice, Efreet and 10 others like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by feckyerlife, A week ago.

Slave owners came from rich wealthy families something that Arthur is not. If he was from a wealthy background he wouldn't be on outlaw.

also I doubt he would be asking an Indian to join the gang if he was a slave owner

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Efreet, A week ago.

Off the current topic but Rockstars attention to the smallest detail is always amazing. Check out that pupil dialation. 
https://flic.kr/p/YZ2RTq
https://flic.kr/p/Yi29SG

Also, in the second trailer when Aurthor finishes saying “..I’ll keep her in black, on your behalf” his eyes make a slight and quick left-right movement, that added realism will hardly get noticed but seems to add a bit more “life” to the characters IMO

Rockstar is always at the forefront of paying attention to small details that can go easily unnoticed, or are not appreciated enough, in computer games. I don't expect anything different from Red Dead Redemption 2. 

• saintsrow, Meekail and TyroneSlothrop like this

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Austria

Posted A week ago

https://flic.kr/p/YZ2RTq
https://flic.kr/p/Yi29SG

Also, in the second trailer when Aurthor finishes saying “..I’ll keep her in black, on your behalf” his eyes make a slight and quick left-right movement, that added realism will hardly get noticed but seems to add a bit more “life” to the characters IMO

Yeah, it's one of many reasons why we love R*. It's the attention to detail which makes the difference when compared to other (open-world) games ... next to R* games they all seem lackluster and there's a good reason for that!

• saintsrow, Meekail, highzman420 and 3 others like this

highzman420
  • highzman420

IM NOT HYPE, IM OBSESSED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I was just checking out this game called Hunt: showdown, now I'm not necessarily anticipating this game,But there are aspects and mechanics to it i personally think would make RDO dope like Tracking enemies, NO map etc. If i was into PC gaming I would absolutely give it a go. Hopefully hardcore mode returns and if its anything like hunt, agh man i can't f*ckin wait.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted A week ago

Dan Houser in 2011:

Dan Houser in 2021:  

"I think we failed precisely because we concentrated on profit...if we made the sort of game that we thought the toddlers would blow their mommy's paycheck on, for $5M supercars and upgradeable properties, then we believed people were going to buy them.  Turns out, we sucked the entire gamer community dry with GTA Online, everybody saw through our scam, and the community collectively said, holding up their empty wallets, 'We won't get fooled again, you bastards!'."

• Perez84, anthony, B_E_N_1992 and 5 others like this

Hunter S. Compton
  • Hunter S. Compton

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted A week ago

Dan Houser in 2011:

Dan Houser in 2021:  

"I think we failed precisely because we concentrated on profit...if we made the sort of game that we thought the toddlers would blow their mommy's paycheck on, for $5M supercars and upgradeable properties, then we believed people were going to buy them.  Turns out, we sucked the entire gamer community dry with GTA Online, everybody saw through our scam, and the community collectively said, holding up their empty wallets, 'We won't get fooled again, you bastards!'."

Dan Houser in 1911:

It's me!! Herbert MOON! I'VE JUST BEEN ROBBED

• saintsrow, Perez84 and Zello like this

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by OfficialTwiggz, A week ago.

Tried editing my character in GTAO but kinda failed. Clothing is somewhat correct but I cant get that big bulky body Arthur has. Face is somewhat correct but eh.

Also, that man that you pointed out, the younger guy that Arthur is talking to, may in fact be a younger John Marston. As stated, his father didnt DIE in the bar fight in Chicago, but was injured. I assume his eye injury was the injury in the fight, and died some years later. If hes a random NPC, he looks extremely similar to Marston, which is something Rockstar wouldnt do in a cutscene, normally.

Edited to add picture:
av2c5e.jpg
  • Yoona, BöömBäpper, TheWhiteHat and 1 other like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by MojoGamer, A week ago.

Definitely is 100% John Marston without a doubt and dressed in his orphan outfit.

That orphan outfit also resembles the clothing of Asta in the Black Clover anime

UAL
  • UAL

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by UAL, A week ago.

Dan Houser in 2011:

Lol what a joke.

Come to think of it they pretty much told us what direction they were going in with the first press release "GTA V is about the pursuit of the almighty Dollar" Oh really?

Even the V Logo was made to resemble what we see on a bank note. It was hidden in plain sight from day one.

• saintsrow, anthony, B_E_N_1992 and 2 others like this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted A week ago

For f*ck's sake how can this be Marston and his mother? His mother died when she gave birth to John. No offense but people in here are like Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense. But instead of dead people they see John all the time. Damn!
  • Efreet, Meekail, Zello and 6 others like this

CantaloupDRMC
  • CantaloupDRMC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

lH1DHvb.jpg

Remember this guys ? Turned out everyone was wrong. So stop these speculations based on nothing and just be honest with yourselves. There's not a single clue that this is John Marston for the moment ;)

• saintsrow, Zello, Switchblade Eyes and 1 other like this

DisCrafted
  • DisCrafted

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by DisCrafted, A week ago.

Can't believe people thought Michael was Tommy when Rockstar had made it clear that the new games are set in the HD Universe which is separate from the 3D Universe. Besides, he looks nothing like Tommy Vercetti.

• BlackScout, Zello and BurnettVice like this

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

John Marston is at least 23-25 years old during the events of Redemption 2, which is presumably taking place not more than 15 years before the events of the original story. That boy looks to be 16-18 years old. The story doesn't fit. A realistic nominee for a young John Marston character would be the man walking in the center of the villa-on-fire scene. 

• anthony, Meekail, DisCrafted and 1 other like this

TheDon1223
  • TheDon1223

"Get three coffins ready..."

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

f4TKHLk.jpg

The thing that got me thinking it was a young John (rather than his father which would mean this game would have to bet set way earlier than where all signs seem to be pointing) was how the boy bears a resemblance to - of all things - my GTA Online character whose 'parent' is John Marston. Here's a picture of such a GTA avatar I found on the web:

rqApFNa.jpg

It's the lower half of the face that I think contains the resemblance - the way his cheeks go inwards down to his chin. I admit that a lot of what Arthur's saying wouldn't make sense were it to be John. I think John was eight when his father died and, of course, his mother died in childbirth (although John never said whether it was his birth!!) Also you've got what seems to be the much older-looking John in the artwork (although Bill Williamson looks much older in that as compared to the trailer).

So it almost certainly isn't John but I can't help but still see the resemblance. Maybe neither the dead man nor the grieving woman are his parents - maybe this is John at the orphanage and Arthur's wrongly presuming them to be his parents??? (Probably not

Edit: Surely that's John in the shot with Bill and Arthur walking away from the burning building though?? Just considering the way he's walking as well as why you wouldn't have the main character in the middle unless this other character had some significance? Again, if it is, that raises questions as to why the characters look older in the artwork. The game is going to span a number of years throughout the story?? All of this is just worthless speculation?? Such questions.......

Yeah I think you're right. The time jump would be too much for this to be his father, it would also have to be a younger looking Arthur, but he still looks middle aged.

I suppose there are a lot of interpretations of who this young man is, but at the end of the day we need more information. *hint hint Rockstar* still fun to speculate though, it's all we have for the time being  :lol:

I think in the end the young man may just be an NPC, mischievously used in the trailer to mislead us, as is Rockstar's way.

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

John Marston is at least 23-25 years old during the events of Redemption 2, which is presumably taking place not more than 15 years before the events of the original story. That boy looks to be 16-18 years old. The story doesn't fit. A realistic nominee for a young John Marston character would be the man walking in the center of the villa-on-fire scene. 

Yeah especially since it look like this is his walkstyle.

Dick Justice
  • Dick Justice

Gangsta

• Members

Posted A week ago

How long has the game had a PS Store page in the US? In Australia, they don't give a game a store page until a release date is announced. I assumed it was the same everywhere.
  • saintsrow likes this

Hunter S. Compton
  • Hunter S. Compton

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted A week ago Edited by Hunter S. Compton, A week ago.

Dan Houser in 2011:

Lol what a joke.

Come to think of it they pretty much told us what direction they were going in with the first press release "GTA V is about the pursuit of the almighty Dollar" Oh really?

Even the V Logo was made to resemble what we see on a bank note. It was hidden in plain sight from day one.

I'll say this about GTA V writing. They did a good job making a game about the pursuit of wealth, because just like in real life the end result never feels fully satifying; you are always left wanting something and just don't know what, because you're constantly told you have everything. So then you do yoga.

I've probably said this like 12 times so far on this forum, but holy f*cking sh*t, that is not John Marston. His mom died in childbirth, his father died when he was 8. Orphanages don't keep you past the age of 18 so he would have to be like 16 or 17 in this which would set this in like 1890, which is preposterous. Just going off the infamous Arthur leak, if Jack is in this game, then John has to already be with Abigail. And if he is already with Abigail, then he is already with Dutch. 

Look At Arthur Morgan's face. Look at the girl's face. Look at Dutch's face. Look at how detailed, and how carefully crafted they are. That is the face of a random NPC if I've ever seen one. I'll admit the resemblance is interestingly striking, but people think they see Jesus in toast.

• saintsrow, Striker_Blitz, Switchblade Eyes and 1 other like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users