Quantcast

» «
Photo

Red Dead Redemption 2 General Chat

6,369 replies to this topic

Poll: RDR2 Information (153 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we have more news on RDR2?

1. February (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. March (30 votes [19.61%])

Percentage of vote: 19.61%

3. April (53 votes [34.64%])

Percentage of vote: 34.64%

4. May (20 votes [13.07%])

Percentage of vote: 13.07%

5. June (10 votes [6.54%])

Percentage of vote: 6.54%

6. It's going to be delayed! (40 votes [26.14%])

Percentage of vote: 26.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:53 PM

What's worse is that we might get this dragged until tomorrow or Tuesday, as that's when press releases are generally made. 

• BlackScout likes this

eyman
  • eyman

Nothing Special

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:54 PM

Let me fasten my f*cking seatbelt at least. I hope we see a new RAGE

boswellboxer
  • boswellboxer

King Kendrick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:54 PM

Yesssssssssssssss

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:55 PM

What's worse is that we might get this dragged until tomorrow or Tuesday, as that's when press releases are generally made. 

When R* made their site all black, how long did it take until they officially confirmed it was V?

lol232
  • lol232

Gold

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:56 PM Edited by lol232, 16 October 2016 - 02:56 PM.

Holy sh*t holy sh*t holy sh*t holy sh*t holy sh*t holy sh*t holy sh*t... HOLY SH*T!

Spoiler

ROCKSTAR TABLE TENNIS 2!

YES, THANK YOU ROCKSTAR!

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:56 PM Edited by Duxfever, 16 October 2016 - 02:03 PM.

I tried some dirty edits to see what's in the background... and some kind of rust?

Newswire background atm, without the R* logo: www.rockstargames.com/img/bg.jpg

4hfSnO0.png

If you zoom out far enough, you can make out trees in the middle and on the right. On the lower right, what looks like wooden fences of a dock (or at the very least wooden fences).

Below the center tree it looks like another dock, and the rest of the center is water reflecting the dock, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Reposting for new page.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:56 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 16 October 2016 - 01:57 PM.

When R* made their site all black, how long did it take until they officially confirmed it was V?

It was later in the day IIRC, but that was Wednesday, not Sunday.

Also, they seem to be using this long string of letters in their links. Wonder if it's something.

http://www.rockstarg.../background.jpg

cgwptlomlbnimainkh

Arthur Fookin Shelby
  • Arthur Fookin Shelby

Murder Maketh Man

• Daily Globe
  • None

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:57 PM Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby, 16 October 2016 - 01:59 PM.

KSwgKepPM9dOo.gif

Years of watching clickbait youtube videos with faint glimmers of hope are finally over now. 

• sutalu, rere1love, Mega and 9 others like this

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:58 PM

That moment when it's a few minutes before 7:00 AM, Your cocks been teased, and you wanna wake up everybody you know and tell them the good news. This is that moment!!!

• boswellboxer likes this

boswellboxer
  • boswellboxer

King Kendrick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:59 PM

I doubt there's actually things in the background, is just made to look rustic and worn.
  • sutalu, Duxfever, Mega and 4 others like this

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:01 PM

That moment when it's a few minutes before 7:00 AM, Your cocks been teased, and you wanna wake up everybody you know and tell them the good news. This is that moment!!!

Better get some tic tacs.

• 018361, GourangaMaster and - Disco - like this

mahavishnu
  • mahavishnu

my chain hits my chest

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:03 PM

let's just hope this isn't the start of a year-long advertising campaign

• Doland J. Trump, uJhatafart00, gajrajgchouhan and 1 other like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:05 PM Edited by Xerukal, 16 October 2016 - 02:06 PM.

Still, a year's worth would be nothing next to what we endured for GTA V. Especially the PC version.

Speaking of which, please, please, PLEASE Rockstar adapt this kind of design philosophy for the new Red Dead. I don't want to imagine a repeat of GTA V's PC version.

• boswellboxer and Pastry like this

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

giphy.gif

• Spider-Vice and 018361 like this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

living in the world no different from a cell

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Not Very Punk 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:11 PM

oh my god a rockstar logo on a red background whoa the new rdr looks really good

• AndyGanteks likes this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:12 PM

It was later in the day IIRC, but that was Wednesday, not Sunday.

Also, they seem to be using this long string of letters in their links. Wonder if it's something.

http://www.rockstarg.../background.jpg

cgwptlomlbnimainkh

Usually stuff goes live around 5-6pm GMT so here's hoping they put up the article today. If not, well, we've waiting 6.5 years so nbd :D

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:12 PM

I knew it once take two got mafia 3 out the door we would get an announcement from R*. They didn't want anything to get in the way of the hype they were building for mafia.
  • lh1 and rere1love like this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:13 PM

Ayyyy, I've now migrated to sh*tposting in the RD section since it looks like an announcement is FINALLY UPON US. I have years of experience sh*tposting in the GTAV section. 

I jest. I'm just here to discuss and witness the glorious game that is RD. I hope we get an unveil soon. And finally, I hope this doesn't take years to release like V. That was painful. So, so painful. From all that silence to all those delays. 

I find it funny R* did this on a Sunday. In all likihood nothing to do with it, but Westworld airs on HBO every Sunday and it's been said that they took inspiration from RDR on the series. I wouldn't be surprised if R* tried to capitalize on this with the next RD announcement. Westworld is quite popular right now and has a lot of press, etc. 

• sutalu, Spider-Vice, 018361 and 1 other like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:14 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 16 October 2016 - 02:14 PM.

Still, a year's worth would be nothing next to what we endured for GTA V. Especially the PC version.

Speaking of which, please, please, PLEASE Rockstar adapt this kind of design philosophy for the new Red Dead. I don't want to imagine a repeat of GTA V's PC version.

Next-gen and PC architectures are very similar, there is no reason for them to delay PC for technical reasons. They've proved their worth with GTA V PC, which is actually the exact same build as the NG build, because it's easier to adapt. The only "excuse" they can come up with will be console sales money or exclusivity.

I wonder if the PC version will have DX12. Pleasedon'tbeUWP.

• sutalu, Xerukal and Pastry like this

TwistedMedia
  • TwistedMedia

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

Better get some tic tacs.

I'm sure Adriaan only pops up when theres an announcement, and he always seems to know more than everyone else #Rockstarspy

Horsehead
  • Horsehead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:18 PM

Yeah or a trailer that says a trailer is coming out. It's like their thing. 

Saliva
  • Saliva

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:19 PM

Downloadable HD remaster for PS4, XBONE and PC. Upscaled badly to 1080p. Essentially a poorly done port. Riddled with graphics and sound issues, a series of mandatory patches will claim to fix these problems, but will instead just create new ones. It will be released on disc in almost two years from the whenever it was first available to download, when nobody wants it anymore and will cost as much as it did back in 2010.

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Ayyyy, I've now migrated to sh*tposting in the RD section since it looks like an announcement is FINALLY UPON US. I have years of experience sh*tposting in the GTAV section. 

I jest. I'm just here to discuss and witness the glorious game that is RD. I hope we get an unveil soon. And finally, I hope this doesn't take years to release like V. That was painful. So, so painful. From all that silence to all those delays. 

I find it funny R* did this on a Sunday. In all likihood nothing to do with it, but Westworld airs on HBO every Sunday and it's been said that they took inspiration from RDR on the series. I wouldn't be surprised if R* tried to capitalize on this with the next RD announcement. Westworld is quite popular right now and has a lot of press, etc. 

Could an announcement trailer be aired as a spot before/after Westworld?
  • Mister Pink and Spider-Vice like this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Yeah or a trailer that says a trailer is coming out. It's like their thing. 

They do it because they can. This will easily be the most hyped/anticipated game of the year.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

HOLY f*ckKKM ITS HAPPEBING GUYS I JDJW

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

I have a feeling we won't get a Trailer until November

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:22 PM Edited by DlZZEE, 16 October 2016 - 02:23 PM.

Well inb4 the trailer/announcement and no PC version.

• Alborghetti likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:22 PM Edited by Xerukal, 16 October 2016 - 02:23 PM.

Downloadable HD remaster for PS4, XBONE and PC. Upscaled badly to 1080p. Essentially a poorly done port. Riddled with graphics and sound issues, a series of mandatory patches will claim to fix these problems, but will instead just create new ones. It will be released on disc in almost two years from the whenever it was first available to download, when nobody wants it anymore and will cost as much as it did back in 2010.

Didn't know we were talking about Mafia 3's PC version in this topic.

(I still like that game tho)

• Pat likes this

mahavishnu
  • mahavishnu

my chain hits my chest

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:23 PM

let's increase the hype a little bit

• sutalu, InfiniteTias, Lowi and 1 other like this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:23 PM

Could an announcement trailer be aired as a spot before/after Westworld?

I doubt it. I think that's something they would do on their own Newswire. They may even go the way they did with V, which was to do something like this; later in the day (I believe it was) have a countdown to the announcement trailer. Once the countdown got to zero, the announcement trailer released on their own website for V. 

However, R* used to have TV spots air during popular shows that they took inspiration from or inspiration was taken from them. For instance, they used to air TV spots during Breaking Bad. But this was right before V's initial release in 2013. 

8 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users