Quantcast

» «
Photo

Red Dead Redemption 2 General Chat

6,381 replies to this topic

Poll: RDR2 Information (154 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we have more news on RDR2?

1. February (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. March (29 votes [18.83%])

Percentage of vote: 18.83%

3. April (54 votes [35.06%])

Percentage of vote: 35.06%

4. May (20 votes [12.99%])

Percentage of vote: 12.99%

5. June (11 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

6. It's going to be delayed! (40 votes [25.97%])

Percentage of vote: 25.97%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Walter Tschanz
  • Walter Tschanz

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Oh ffs I hate some people! Today I saw a YouTube video in my suggestions list with this thumbnail and the title "Red Dead Redemption 2 - New Singleplayer..." Almost fell off my couch!

Damn! That's a good photo of Bonnie. She's a total babe!
I hear she likes it in the rear, hmmhmmmm
Wat
- Bill williamson

It's actually Norman Deek who makes that reference.  

Sorry. I hate to be "that" guy. 

• saintsrow likes this

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Oh ffs I hate some people! Today I saw a YouTube video in my suggestions list with this thumbnail and the title "Red Dead Redemption 2 - New Singleplayer..." Almost fell off my couch!

Damn! That's a good photo of Bonnie. She's a total babe!
I hear she likes it in the rear, hmmhmmmm
Wat
- Bill williamson

It's actually Norman Deek who makes that reference.  

Sorry. I hate to be "that" guy. 
Hmmm we shall hang you for being 'that' guy then. We don't like your kind around these parts friend. *spits tobacco at you*

I kid I kid
  • saintsrow likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Computerwelt

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted A day ago

I'm glad there's no info on this game other than the trailer. I think apart from a a few screens and maybe another trailer, they shouldn't release anything else. I know I said I wouldn't spoil this game for myself by watching mapping topics and topics that dissect every little bit of info but I came back in here positively knowing there wasn't any new info on the game. Hopefully I wont be back until the game is released. 

I want nothing spoiled. I want it all fresh. But it's hard but I know it will be a huge reward. 

• EVOLUT7ON, Payne Killer, BurnettVice and 2 others like this

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I'm glad there's no info on this game other than the trailer. I think apart from a a few screens and maybe another trailer, they shouldn't release anything else. I know I said I wouldn't spoil this game for myself by watching mapping topics and topics that dissect every little bit of info but I came back in here positively knowing there wasn't any new info on the game. Hopefully I wont be back until the game is released. 

I want nothing spoiled. I want it all fresh. But it's hard but I know it will be a huge reward. 

I don't mean to spoil the game for you but... there will be horses in the game. ;)
  • saintsrow, Zello, Payne Killer and 2 others like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

Olive Green Angel of Death

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A day ago

I don't mean to spoil the game for you but... there will be horses in the game. ;)
DUDE! What the hell?!
  • Chalk, Ollie23, Mega and 4 others like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

I just want to say congrats to the Forums for crossing 0.700 million members. I hope it get to 1 million before the end of this year or mid 2018.
  • jmb180, gajrajgchouhan and LincolnClay like this

Ollie23
  • Ollie23

My moobs are better than yours

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 hours ago

DUDE! What the hell?!

Oh boy am I out of the loop

What are these so-called "horses" that thou speaketh of?

• LincolnClay likes this

HoestOnline
  • HoestOnline

TryHard YouTuber

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 hours ago

They pull your car because it won't have an engine. I'm excited for the upcoming special carriage stunt races
  • saintsrow likes this

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 hours ago

DUDE! What the hell?!

Lincoln Clay.... Is still alive!

Maybe we will get some new info after march 29..

• LincolnClay likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 hours ago

Lovely:https://arstechnica....n-world-gaming/
  • jmb180, gajrajgchouhan and Alborghetti like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 hours ago

yeah same here, kind of. I don't mind if it's just another day without news, not one of these TODAY MUST BE THE DAY kinda guys. what I saw was enough to know I might very well like it. I'll watch the next trailer for sure, but apart from that going into the game "blind" would be an amazing experience indeed, very, very rewarding certainly. aimng for that too partner, good luck I suppose.

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

Olive Green Angel of Death

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 hours ago

DUDE! What the hell?!
Lincoln Clay.... Is still alive!Maybe we will get some new info after march 29..
I want new info...but another part of me says that I don't want to be spoiled. It's tough.

Dick Justice
  • Dick Justice

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 hours ago

At this point all I need is a release date, some character artwork and a very rough story synopsis - ie "you play as a road agent in the year 1899." That would do me. It's not really Rockstar's way though. Marketing will be very strong once it ramps up and I won't be able to resist sinking my teeth into every bit of info released. 

That said, I think I would actually be happy if Rockstar said "the game is out on September 29th, there will be a launch trailer on September 22nd. See you then." 

• jedijosh920, BurnettVice and highzman420 like this

highzman420
  • highzman420

Rockstargames Head

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 7 hours ago

At this point all I need is a release date, some character artwork and a very rough story synopsis - ie "you play as a road agent in the year 1899." That would do me. It's not really Rockstar's way though. Marketing will be very strong once it ramps up and I won't be able to resist sinking my teeth into every bit of info released. 

That said, I think I would actually be happy if Rockstar said "the game is out on September 29th, there will be a launch trailer on September 22nd. See you then." 

Absolutely! Well said bro

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 4 hours ago Edited by saintsrow, An hour ago.

Even though I am completely pissed off at Rockstar marketing for their trolling, selfish, fan-hating silence, there are certain kinds of spoilers that I do not want, either.  But I differ with you and others, on the specifics.  

For example, I don't want a story synopsis, or a confirmation of the protag character, or the supposed year of the game.  Furthermore, I don't want confirmation that RDR2 is or is not a prequel, nor what characters from RDR, if any, will reappear.  I don't care if we don't know whether or not there is a Civil War, railroad tycoons, outlaw gangs, the Mexican army, a beautiful love interest, or whatever.  I'm fine with the story being a wonderful surprise.

Rather, what I *DO WANT* are atmospheric elements and info, and I want it now - high-rez scenic screenshots that I can use for wallpaper, other virtual world design elements and behaviors that show the richness of the world, a bit more of that grizzled western-style dialog (out of context is fine), a few more snippets of the atmospheric western music, things like that.  These things would build hype and mystery, rather than giving fans too much preview of the game and story substance.

And furthermore, since the first teaser was so short, and edited with such quick cuts, I assert that Rockstar marketing owes us another teaser trailer, along with a regular flow of dramatic screenshots and other little info snippets that don't give away anything substantial in the story. 

TL/DR: I don't mind teasers at all.  But total silence is what pisses me off.  

Rodger Cheeto
  • Rodger Cheeto

Early, and often.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 hours ago

who else cant wait for online right

• saintsrow likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted An hour ago

You're a funny guy. We hang you last.

• Rodger Cheeto likes this

Rodger Cheeto
  • Rodger Cheeto

Early, and often.

• Members
  • None

Posted An hour ago

Natasha
  • Natasha

Hustler

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 46 minutes ago Edited by Natasha, 46 minutes ago.

Even though I am completely pissed off at Rockstar marketing for their trolling, selfish, fan-hating silence, there are certain kinds of spoilers that I do not want, either.  But I differ with you and others, on the specifics.  

For example, I don't want a story synopsis, or a confirmation of the protag character, or the supposed year of the game.  Furthermore, I don't want confirmation that RDR2 is or is not a prequel, nor what characters from RDR, if any, will reappear.  I don't care if we don't know whether or not there is a Civil War, railroad tycoons, outlaw gangs, the Mexican army, a beautiful love interest, or whatever.  I'm fine with the story being a wonderful surprise.

Rather, what I *DO WANT* are atmospheric elements and info, and I want it now - high-rez scenic screenshots that I can use for wallpaper, other virtual world design elements and behaviors that show the richness of the world, a bit more of that grizzled western-style dialog (out of context is fine), a few more snippets of the atmospheric western music, things like that.  These things would build hype and mystery, rather than giving fans too much preview of the game and story substance.

And furthermore, since the first teaser was so short, and edited with such quick cuts, I assert that Rockstar marketing owes us another teaser trailer, along with a regular flow of dramatic screenshots and other little info snippets that don't give away anything substantial in the story. 

TL/DR: I don't mind teasers at all.  But total silence is what pisses me off.

I actually agree with these points! Sometime's so much source material can be leaked that we end up with virtually no surprises in games from time to time. Movies are worse for it mind you but that's off topic. I would like simply some more artwork that doesn't give too much away, and basically a 100% release date that isn't subject to change randomly.

*snip*

Do you have any idea how f*cking irritating that is!? :lol:

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 43 minutes ago

Whilst I totally get where everyone is coming from that has said they don't want any info right until the end, or at least not certain aspects of it there is just one thing that troubles me. Games in the past which have hidden behind withholding info or review embargoes until AFTER the game has been released have often suffered from being too hyped up with nothing to tone it down if it can't reach that hype. Obviously I'm sure Rockstar are going to make a fantastic game and have no doubt it will live up to most if not surpass all of our wildest expectations, but the reason you release info about a game is not to show off to the gamers like us. The ones that are gonna buy the game, probably on release day, no matter what happens. They will release info to try and sway the gamers who may not have played the previous games, who don't often play Rockstar games and who don't necessarily intend to buy the game at launch, if at all. They are the ones they need to convince, and the way to do that is by releasing some aspects of the game to make them WANT to buy it.
We're just simply the wrong market for the Marketing team.

Natasha
  • Natasha

Hustler

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 minutes ago

Whilst I totally get where everyone is coming from that has said they don't want any info right until the end, or at least not certain aspects of it there is just one thing that troubles me. Games in the past which have hidden behind withholding info or review embargoes until AFTER the game has been released have often suffered from being too hyped up with nothing to tone it down if it can't reach that hype.

You wouldn't be referring to *cough* NO MAN'S SKY *cough* would you by any chance?! Cause that's one game that held off enough information before I at least relaised what it held off was how BORING the entire game was.
  • Chalk likes this

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 24 minutes ago

Whilst I totally get where everyone is coming from that has said they don't want any info right until the end, or at least not certain aspects of it there is just one thing that troubles me. Games in the past which have hidden behind withholding info or review embargoes until AFTER the game has been released have often suffered from being too hyped up with nothing to tone it down if it can't reach that hype.

You wouldn't be referring to *cough* NO MAN'S SKY *cough* would you by any chance?! Cause that's one game that held off enough information before I at least relaised what it held off was how BORING the entire game was.

Nasty cough you have there.

That would be one example. Obviously I don't think that Rockstar would do anything like what happened to No Man's Sky, which for the record I didn't mind for the first couple of hours. After that I fell asleep and picked it up again when they released the patch which introduced base building, etc. You know, all the stuff that really should of been included in the initial release rather than patched in months later. Which almost perfectly my point. A lot of gamers now demand to have some idea of what they are walking into when they pay for a full retail game. If I'm gonna shell out that AUD$70 for a full release game, probably more if I'm getting a collectors edition, I want to have some idea of what I've spent my money on.
This doesn't necessarily mean I want all the plot points. Maybe just, here's NAME. This is who you play in the game, and here is what the world looks like. I don't necessarily want any storyline spoilers (although being an admin of a fan forum is probably going to force me to see stuff I haven't got to yet), but just enough that I know I'm spending my money well.
  • Natasha likes this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users