MC Work - Organised Freemode [Free Aim Only]

PS4
19 replies to this topic
Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

Jehovah's Witness of Free Aim

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:41 PM Edited by Damned_Hitman, 14 October 2016 - 06:28 PM.

e3p7KAa.jpg

CONSOLE: PS4

Want to run the new MC Club Work jobs without jets bombing you from above, or scrubs using RPG's and cheap tactics to troll?

I know I do, I want a Free Mode Experience, in which players abide by a set of rules, call it realistic, or perhaps just respectful.

Equally, nor do I want to grind these jobs in peaceful lobbies either....zzzzz boring!

Seeing as Rockstar don't allow us to 'customise' lobbies, let's try to do it ourselves. 

Below I've drafted some guidelines - Please endeavour to read these if interested in giving this a try, feedback would be appreciated and might likely lead me to editing guidelines or adding further.

GUIDELINES

1. Free Aim (No Free Aim Assisted)  

2. Explosives Restricted

(RPG / Sticky bomb / Proximity Mine / Grenade Launcher / Homing Launcher)  Allowed > (Grenades / Pipe Bombs / Molotovs / Biker Grenade Launcher)

3. No Over powered weapons (Miniguns)

4. No Combat Air Vehicles.

5. No Armored Vehicles 

6. Bikes Only preferred. (Any type allowed)

7. No Bullsh*t / Drama

8. No Randoms (8 vs 8 only) - Kick all random players joining lobby, unless spectating friends / members

9. One MC starts a job, the other MC attempts to stop them completing it,  following the rules above. Once the job is completed or failed or time is elapsed, the MC which was countering begins a job of their own. During this process, of regrouping, a respectful ceasefire is expected, until the next job is launched. The purpose of this is to play 'MC Work' not endless spawn killing in freemode. Play the Objective, follow the rules, have fun.

As said feedback is appreciated. I've run events before, I know from experience how to run good events, Communication and a Good Attitude. Don't take this too seriously! 

If you want to join this initiative. 

Please post your crew name, crew tag, and what time suits you best for a game, include your PSN (preferably a second too)

This topic is meant as a guide and means to organise games, it's not going to be used to keep scores but merely as a tool to help organise games effectively.

• L3GI0N and rāngė like this

Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:53 PM Edited by Damned_Hitman, 13 October 2016 - 08:27 PM.

CREWS 

emblem_128.png

DAMNED BROTHERHOOD [DAMN]

AVAILABILITY: Fridays 10pm BST (5pm US Eastern) or Sundays 9pm BST (4pm US Eastern)

WILL ADD ADDITIONAL CREWS HERE.

• L3GI0N likes this

L3GI0N
  • L3GI0N

Deadly Sins M.C

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:57 PM Edited by L3GI0N, 14 October 2016 - 02:01 PM.

I like the concept. But I have to say im a little concerned by the proposed weapon selection. It sounds like this new "1%er" rule set. And my club and i disagree strongly with how the community has leaned with that.

ARs, pistols, SMGs and all shotguns (besides the AA-12). Fair enough

But for explosive. The new thumper grenade launcher should be in play. Its useable on a bike therfor its made for us. Same for pipebombs, Molotovs and even hand grenades. Bikers use these things in the real world. They arent hard to get. As for RPGs im sure an argument can be raised but i agree that they are kinda bullsh*t and shouldn't be used.

Now the biggest issue. Melee...
Im not sure when the idea that melee shouldn't be use by bikers came around but that isnt how that should be. If you follow real bikers and how they go to war 9/10 times its a brawl with bats and knives. I get gun butting is annoying but regular old melee weapons should have a major place on any self respecting bikers weapon wheel.

Lastly. Air vehicles, i agree that they are very un-biker like but the ones that your Road Captain can spawn i.e the unarmed buzzerd. Should be allowed for a simple emergency transport. Basicly anything added during our DLC should remain in play and be considerd a biker weapon. Otherwise we are opporating on TDM rules not biker rules in my opinion.

But besided that gripe I really like this idea. And im willing to throw my hat in to suppprt it and assist you if you so ask.

Good luck and ride hard!
  • Damned_Hitman likes this

Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:24 PM Edited by Damned_Hitman, 14 October 2016 - 06:28 PM.

I like the concept. But I have to say im a little concerned by the proposed weapon selection. It sounds like this new "1%er" rule set. And my club and i disagree strongly with how the community has leaned with that.

ARs, pistols, SMGs and all shotguns (besides the AA-12). Fair enough

But for explosive. The new thumper grenade launcher should be in play. Its useable on a bike therfor its made for us. Same for pipebombs, Molotovs and even hand grenades. Bikers use these things in the real world. They arent hard to get. As for RPGs im sure an argument can be raised but i agree that they are kinda bullsh*t and shouldn't be used.

Now the biggest issue. Melee...
Im not sure when the idea that melee shouldn't be use by bikers came around but that isnt how that should be. If you follow real bikers and how they go to war 9/10 times its a brawl with bats and knives. I get gun butting is annoying but regular old melee weapons should have a major place on any self respecting bikers weapon wheel.

Lastly. Air vehicles, i agree that they are very un-biker like but the ones that your Road Captain can spawn i.e the unarmed buzzerd. Should be allowed for a simple emergency transport. Basicly anything added during our DLC should remain in play and be considerd a biker weapon. Otherwise we are opporating on TDM rules not biker rules in my opinion.

But besided that gripe I really like this idea. And im willing to throw my hat in to suppprt it and assist you if you so ask.

Good luck and ride hard!

Precisely the sort of feedback I needed.

I was struggling to get the balance right, I'm from more of a Team Death Match based experience, of what's acceptable and what's not. Hence the mention of 'No purposeful melee'. But a lot of guys have told me privately that a few fist fights and melee generally should be acceptable. I agree, so that guideline is going to change.

I purposely didn't include the new compact launcher, grenades, molotovs or pipe bombs in the brackets under explosives, these have been added in the DLC, so should definitely play a part. I think all of these weapons in moderation are fine. I hate too many rules.

Fair point about the buzzard perk, let's stipulate no 'combat' vehicles. Seeing as the buzzard that spawns is unarmed, it can be allowed.

Generally I wouldn't want crews to depend on the helicopters too much, but they would have their practical benefits.

Let me edit the 'guidelines' now. If you want to throw your hat in and support that would be great. Just share your full crew name, crew emblem, time zone preference and two contacts

*Edited, hope this is an improvement.

• L3GI0N likes this

L3GI0N
  • L3GI0N

Deadly Sins M.C

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:42 PM

How about you and I get in a party and talk about this. It is a really cool concept.

PSN: L3GI0N3663

Peg also raised a good point on the explosives (Not to beat a dead horse) But some of the missions require you to blow up things i.e cars or crates. So the are a necessity in this game type.  

Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:05 PM

How about you and I get in a party and talk about this. It is a really cool concept.

PSN: L3GI0N3663

Peg also raised a good point on the explosives (Not to beat a dead horse) But some of the missions require you to blow up things i.e cars or crates. So the are a necessity in this game type.  

Cheers, will add you.

Sounds good to me,

I've known Peg for a while, good point.

I should have made it clearer that, explosives required for objectives or NPC's was permitted, using them against other players saying shooting a rifle isn't.

• L3GI0N likes this

Peg-City-204
  • Peg-City-204

Deadly Sins MC

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:56 PM

Figured i'd hop in here quick and say I definitely like this idea, it has the potential to make the dlc even better. It's always good to see that you guys are very open to feedback.

TacoBane
  • TacoBane

Goober and Free Aimer.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:16 AM

Interested but its probably outside the DB4L crews time frame atm. Send this thread too non-retard crew Leaders directly - as far as things too do in gta online go this would be one of the funner things too get going. It would be good for all involved. Still amazes me that the Free Aim community still hasn't organized some form of friendly competition by now (one that lasts).

Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:39 AM

Interested but its probably outside the DB4L crews time frame atm. Send this thread too non-retard crew Leaders directly - as far as things too do in gta online go this would be one of the funner things too get going. It would be good for all involved. Still amazes me that the Free Aim community still hasn't organized some form of friendly competition by now (one that lasts)

I'm looking for support in whatever sense is possible, so ideally post 2 would contain more than just my own crew.

Time zones are a pain, are there any other Aussie / Southern hemisphere crews or clubs that might be interested?

This is being spread across the community, so hopefully there will be some takers.

boppa_
  • boppa_

Total Bstard

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:47 PM

Bstards will be available for this, we have a pretty active bunch in UK, NA, Aus at the moment so can probably make whatever time suits. Friday's seem to be good, as do week nights.

No need for explosives - Molotovs also work.

Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:45 PM

Ok awaiting confirmation here for next Friday....

Which crew can make 21st October at 10pm UK / 5 pm US Eastern?

Damned Brotherhood (8) vs ............................. 

DSMC? BHBM? TNWO? DB4L?

If None, which crew can make......

Sunday 23rd October at 9pm UK / 4pm US Eastern?

L3GI0N
  • L3GI0N

Deadly Sins M.C

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:07 PM

Ok awaiting confirmation here for next Friday....

Which crew can make 21st October at 10pm UK / 5 pm US Eastern?

Damned Brotherhood (8) vs ............................. 

DSMC? BHBM? TNWO? DB4L?

If None, which crew can make......

Sunday 23rd October at 9pm UK / 4pm US Eastern?

Ill be on tonight if you would like to talk. Sinners are more than willing to show up. 

Bstards will be available for this, we have a pretty active bunch in UK, NA, Aus at the moment so can probably make whatever time suits. Friday's seem to be good, as do week nights.

If we wanted to chase a truck for an hour maybe. 

Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

I'm going to be on tonight, sorry I missed you last night L3GION.

If nobody is able to confirm they're available for the time on Friday by Thursday 7pm US EAST, I'm running this amongst my own crew & friends, rather than crew vs crew.

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

Keep yer moaning for the bedroom!!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:38 PM

Try it on Friday between DAMN first and cover all tasks to see where the proposed rules fall down but not at the expense of FAF which the best thing we do. I still believe that this type of venture is trying to put a round plug in a square hole. ANYTHING related to free mode is at the mercy of the players in the lobby. Sometimes it good sometimes its pish. That's it. You make the fight happen or f*ck about. Its high time people accept how the game is. Its not 2008 with GTA IV. It seems if there is no score board people show Autism and don't know what the f*ck they are doing. Its a street fight!!! Street fights don't have scoreboards. Where`s the heart here...The desire to stamp authority on a lobby. You need to find a crew that thinks they are brilliant and wreck them. Then you`ll actually get a fight.  

Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:54 PM

Try it on Friday between DAMN first and cover all tasks to see where the proposed rules fall down but not at the expense of FAF which the best thing we do. I still believe that this type of venture is trying to put a round plug in a square hole. ANYTHING related to free mode is at the mercy of the players in the lobby. Sometimes it good sometimes its pish. That's it. You make the fight happen or f*ck about. Its high time people accept how the game is. Its not 2008 with GTA IV. It seems if there is no score board people show Autism and don't know what the f*ck they are doing. Its a street fight!!! Street fights don't have scoreboards. Where`s the heart here...The desire to stamp authority on a lobby. You need to find a crew that thinks they are brilliant and wreck them. Then you`ll actually get a fight.  

I opened this idea to the wider community initially, hopeful that an organised crew would come out of the woodwork, and show us a good game, rather than the usual sh*te of rooftop rumble with rifles only. There's been interest, but nothing concrete like a, 'we'll see you Friday' promise, so it's likely that yes we'll do it initially in house so to speak, explore the different 'missions / work' and see how the rules fit in them. 8 vs 8 might be too much, the rules might not quite work, but it's intended for fun, something I don't quite think the competitive TDM only types understand about the game, but we can give it a try. Doing CEO work against LORD showed that there were certain things that we're not clear.

Nothing stopping two different crews, using this topic to help organise a game amongst themselves either really, I just thought I'd inject some initiative into an idea by setting up a discussion here. 

• L3GI0N likes this

boppa_
  • boppa_

Total Bstard

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:30 PM

Let us know how you get on aj. Since we've played you guys fairly before, I don't think there'd be a problem with 'rules'.

If it's still something you want to pursue, message me on PSN.

Shoot the driver? 👍

Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:24 PM

Let us know how you get on aj. Since we've played you guys fairly before, I don't think there'd be a problem with 'rules'.

If it's still something you want to pursue, message me on PSN.

Shoot the driver?

Something has cropped up this weekend for me, so I'm keen, but unavailable until Sunday evening.

What I'll do is set up a PSN group chat, with the sorts of people I know would be interested in running this event.

• boppa_ likes this

Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:09 PM

Well our first attempt at this went badly because the PSN was down  :facedesk:

Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:37 AM

Had a good set of games with a random MC last night, including Stand your Ground and Joust

Whilst it was fun, it really highlighted how good MC Work might be without explosives being abused.

• L3GI0N likes this

Damned_Hitman
  • Damned_Hitman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:00 PM

Tried running this last night, DAMN vs DSMC.

Here are some thoughts.

It didn’t go too well, but it had its moments. I had planned on recording, but things didn’t go smoothly, and time was wasted a lot through distances, disputes and discussion.

We both managed to get an 8 vs 8 going, which was a plus and things seemed to be going well, to kick things off we launched a TDM in the session. Finding out it was the first to 20 kills, it lasted at maximum 5 minutes, taking place on the highway near Fort Zancudo.

This was definitely a mistake, as players fell off their bikes or respawned, it became a who was best at sniping battle, and DSMC didn’t approve. Damned won this round, but DSMC put forward that ‘snipers’ shouldn’t be allowed. Location wasn’t good, and next time it’s recommended that it’s run from a less open space.

Second round, DSMC run a Club house mission, they needed to kill all the targets spread across the map. We decided to defend a single target at the Yellow Jack Inn, it was going well for us, as they were stretched across the map dealing with the other targets. Eventually they engage with us in force, and it’s a great shoot out involving rifles, drive by and the occasional pipe bomb drop. We got surrounded, but held them off effectively.  Eventually one of them goes off radar, and manages to sneak in to kill the remaining target, with 30 seconds remaining, one of them returns to the city and kills the last remaining target. Deadly Sins won this round. But some of Damned felt it was a cheap move going off radar, and put forward that calling Lester shouldn’t be allowed. DSMC agreed.

1:1

At this point things turned sour, one of our guys wouldn’t stay quiet on mic/ follow instruction, I can only apologise, but had hoped DSMC would just solve it by muting, no such luck, so he had to go. We brought in some new guys, as some left or disconnected on both teams. A big delay before the next round, caused by troubles and logistics of getting to the Airfield from their Clubhouse in Paleto, within 3 minutes.

We  eventually ran ‘Joust’ – Melee’ Weapons on Sandy Shores Air field , first to 20 kills. Having previously managed to run this once before in a public session,  it was the round I was looking forward to most trying. My melee abilities were lacking, and DSMC ultimately won this round 20 – 16. It was a good fight though, rules of melee only well respected and a lot more fun than the time I ran it in a public session and the opposition spammed sticky bombs.

Next round, DSMC ran another mission. It was a money run, crack the safe in Stab City, and take the money. By luck one of our guys was located here when it started, so we had a good head start on them. After some exchanges of deaths, a new argument sprung up. The Shotgun debate, at first I had the impression one of our members was annoyed they were using the autoshotgun, but it turned out to be the Sweeper Shotgun, arguably an over powered driveby weapon of choice. DSMC argued it was a biker weapon, we argued against. We agreed it was acceptable after some miscommunication. The round was eventually won by ourselves, as we delivered all four bags successfully.  There was some nice moments during this, and we were lucky with the spawn.

2:2

Final Round, and with almost all the action based in Sandy Shores so far, I decided to run ‘Stand your Ground’ in Los Santos. I gave DSMC the heads up, to allow them chance to head south to the City, we begin running it and we’re defending well for about 12 minutes, then someone on their team and someone on ours starts sniping, and the sniping debate begins again. No explosives were used, but the challenge of taking the turf against 8 players in a defendable location seems to favour the defending team far more, I was tempted to say ‘sniping should be allowed’ and even sniped at one stage myself, having been sniped multi times. We eventually win the game, and call it a night.

The experience went to show just how difficult it is to agree to rules with another crew with a different set of principles. It also highlighted to me personally, the importance of having members that are mature and able to listen to instruction / ceasefire when asked.

The result / score isn’t important, I think we actually managed to stop and destroy a prison bus too, going forward if we run this again (doubtful, as it’s a nightmare agreeing to certain things at times) I would suggest doing it with less players. 6 vs 6 might be better. I would suggest communicating to each group, precisely what weapons you DON’T want used before hand is key. They didn’t want sniping, we didn’t want any Automatic Shotguns. 

• boppa_ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users