Photo

Black Mirror

32 replies to this topic
aliceg94
  • aliceg94

Anonymous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:25 PM Edited by aliceg94, 12 October 2016 - 06:25 PM.

Anyone else a fan? The trailer for Season 3 dropped a few days ago and looks really promising. The fact we get 6 episodes instead of the usual 3 is pretty exciting as well. Roll on the 21st!

• Mister Pink and Metalz like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:39 PM

first time hearing of this show? i noticed that there along breaks in between seasons. i wonder why. Also is the show different cast every episode? kinda reminds me of the sherlock format after looking on imdb.

• Mister Pink likes this

aliceg94
  • aliceg94

Anonymous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:44 PM

It's more of an "anthology series" so it's a different story and different characters each episode. It's mostly about modern society and the ways in which technology could change our futures. Most of them are pretty dark. (The first episode of Season 1 maybe the most so, though it's the episode I'd recommend just so people know what they're getting into. Bit of foreshadowing over here in the UK #piggate.)

But yeah, bit like Sherlock in the fact that there's such a long gap between seasons. Though because there's so few episodes it's a good thing just to binge watch over a few days.

They're all brilliantly written though and I highly recommend it. 

• Mister Pink and feckyerlife like this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:23 AM

Awesome, just finished season 2 a few days ago. The trailer looks quite good and the fact it has more episodes makes it even better. 

• Mister Pink and aliceg94 like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpink 2018

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:25 AM

Looking forward to this. It's been a while. Glad it's coming straight to Netflix!

• aliceg94 likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Aurora Creek, Oregon

• Portugal
  • Best GTA Series Historian
    Best Contributor in Rockstar Games 2017
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:58 PM

Watched the first 3 episodes of the new season. Can get a bit cliché-ey at times, but all the different "mechanics" so far they used were VERY well used. Loved all the episodes so far, amazing writing and plot twists!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpink 2018

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:46 AM

Watched a bit of the first episode last night. It's pure Black Mirror. It's like if I didn't know what I was watching and just walked in on it, you would know it's BM. So is it all set in the US now? Cool.

• aliceg94 likes this

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best GTA Photographer 2017
    Best GTAF Snap Battle Snapmatic 2017
    Best Male Character [Snap] 2017
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016
    GTAF Snap Battle Season 2 Winner

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:00 PM

@Mister Pink. Nah, not all eps are in the US. Few of them are in the UK too.

I finished watched this latest season. Really enjoyed it. Episode 2 and 3 are pretty messed up, but make great TV and make you think. Episode 3 makes you sympathize with the lead character only to release his motive at the end. Episode 6 is good to, like a movie essentially. Episode 1 had a good concept, the whole rating system on anything people do, but in a way loosing self worth. Episode 4 & 5 were pretty average compared the rest of the episodes.

So I've not watched any of the other seasons of Black Mirror. Watched this season based on recommendations from friends and thoroughly enjoyed it. Makes you think quite a lot. Going to watch "White Christmas" now before bed. Friend said it's pretty messed up, oh boy.

• Mister Pink and Spider-Vice like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpink 2018

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:11 PM

Nice one man. You have more to look forward to. 

One of my favourite and one of the most disturbing episodes has to be White Bear. Check it out if you get a chance. 

• Zoobz and aliceg94 like this

Joemoetoe
  • Joemoetoe

Champion of the Amazons

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:16 AM

San Junipero my fave ❤
  • Raavi and aliceg94 like this

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best GTA Photographer 2017
    Best GTAF Snap Battle Snapmatic 2017
    Best Male Character [Snap] 2017
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016
    GTAF Snap Battle Season 2 Winner

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:51 PM

White Bear. Check it out if you get a chance. 

Yep I did. Ah man, that one was messed up. I know I'm not supposed to feel sorry for the woman because of what she did, but the fact she's in endless cycle of being mind f*cked is brutal. Bit similar to the White Christmas one, where you think the main character is the "good" guy but it isn't all what it seems. White Christmas had great writing on it though. The radio reappearing after every break, then that police officer putting the timer to 1000+ years. That's mental torture on another level. The eye/brain information technology worked well here, like it does throughout season 3. Going to check the rest out later on I think.

• aliceg94 likes this

aliceg94
  • aliceg94

Anonymous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:22 PM Edited by aliceg94, 29 October 2016 - 07:23 PM.

San Junipero my fave ❤

Same here! Not a typical Black Mirror episode by any means but so beautifully done. Shut up and dance was probably my second favourite. Reminded me of "White Bear" (another of my favourites) in the way it completely changes the way you look at the episode after the last scene. Loved the use of Radiohead as well.

• Raavi, Joemoetoe and ARTHUR. like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Aurora Creek, Oregon

• Portugal
  • Best GTA Series Historian
    Best Contributor in Rockstar Games 2017
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:23 PM

San Junipero was an interesting one but also the most confusing thus far, the mechanic was interesting but a little bit messy to fully understand.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:25 AM

Man, "Shut Up And Dance" completely f*cked with me. Out of all the episodes of this series, this is one of the few that could literally happen today, as we speak. No dystopian futures or virtual reality technologies or heaven simulators that haven't been invented yet, just straight up blackmail cause we made one misclick on the internet. Scary. 

• Spider-Vice, aliceg94 and BöömBäpper like this

Joemoetoe
  • Joemoetoe

Champion of the Amazons

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:46 AM Edited by Joemoetoe, 02 November 2016 - 03:49 AM.

San Junipero my fave ❤

Same here! Not a typical Black Mirror episode by any means but so beautifully done. Shut up and dance was probably my second favourite. Reminded me of "White Bear" (another of my favourites) in the way it completely changes the way you look at the episode after the last scene. Loved the use of Radiohead as well.
Did you cry? Lol I did I couldn't even talk right.

Nose dive was eh but the technology is scary. I'd hate to have to be nice to everyone just so I can get a good flight

aliceg94
  • aliceg94

Anonymous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:01 PM Edited by aliceg94, 09 November 2016 - 07:00 PM.

San Junipero my fave ❤

Nose dive was eh but the technology is scary. I'd hate to have to be nice to everyone just so I can get a good flight

Like a baby. Couldn't sleep for a good few hours after. (Haven't cried like that over a TV show in a long while.) I agree about nosedive though. Not one of my favourites. The idea of it felt like something that could easily happen which was the main thing that I liked about it. It made me very self aware as well. Five minutes after watching it I unconsciously went online and started upvoting and downvoting things on Reddit. Made me laugh out loud.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:55 AM

Man, poor Kenny, he should've just told them to release his wank video.

• Spider-Vice likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

To the letter of the law, fella

• Administrator
  • European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:56 AM

Caught up on a couple of episodes today. "Playtest" and "San Junipero", liked both for different reasons but San Junipero was just on another level. 

Like a baby. Couldn't sleep for a good few hours after. (Haven't cried like that over a TV show in a long while.) I

Glad I'm not only one, I f*cking bawled my eyes out, honestly the most profound reaction to a TV series in recent memory for me. The episode hit home in so many ways, totally out of left field. Absolutely loved it, though. Especially Gugu Mbatha-Raw's (Kelly) performance, simply mesmerizing. Stunning television.

• aliceg94 likes this

xxi
  • xxi

mentally dating CL

• GTAF Crew
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:43 AM Edited by Candy Suxxx, 09 December 2016 - 01:44 AM.

I finished season one last night. The first 2 eps I enjoyed but what kind of bugged me is that the doctors/nurses in S1x1 just stood around gawking at the TV. Don't they have patients to take care of?

I guess if David Cameron was forced to f*ck a pig on TV in front of millions, I'd probably watch. :L

Currently watching S2x3
  • ARTHUR. likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:21 PM

Since we're nearing Christmas I thought I'd might ask what everyone thinks of the Christmas special? Personally its my favourite episode of the series followed closely by Shut Up And Dance. The concept of getting blocked irl was one of the best things this show has done. 

ARTHUR.
  • ARTHUR.

narc

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

My favourite episode has to be Fifteen Million Merits, that was pure dark dystopian and it's not too far from the entertainment industry and consumerism and marketing today.

• aliceg94 likes this

xxi
  • xxi

mentally dating CL

• GTAF Crew
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:55 AM Edited by XXI, 21 January 2017 - 01:58 AM.

Shut Up and Dance is a very dark episode but my favorite from season three.

Spoiler
  • Kushology and aliceg94 like this

• Neptune Homme

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

Found that there was already a topic dedicated to Black Mirror, but I was surprised nobody had even brought season 4 up, let alone discuss the episodes. What did everybody think?

I won't enforce spoiler tags quite as harshly for some movies/TV shows because it has been out for a while and it's only one Netflix binge away. Nevertheless, please be cautious and considerate of others.

Constant K
  • Constant K

24/7 365

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:10 PM Edited by krypt0s, 10 January 2018 - 06:26 PM.

I haven't watched the earlier seasons yet but the first episode I watched from this season was 'Hang the DJ'. It got me into the groove but after watching the remaining episodes, this one actually stood out. All the other episodes left me with a grim dismal feeling about future of technology but this one ended with a surprising twist and even on a positive note.

I think the last episode was the best of all followed by 'USS Callister'. 'Black Museum' really covered the unique aspect of this show perfectly: primal undertones behind all our technological advancements. Also, I liked the idea that digital duplicate consciousness is no different than the original one and in fact is more prone to suffering considering how experimental we humans can be when it comes to science and technology. Merchandising clones of consciousness stuck in a 'perfect' moment, that really hit the nail on the head.

Arkangel and Crocodile felt kinda meh though but I liked how Arkangel demonstrated that too much surveillance and protection no matter how beneficial will ultimately end up being disastrously detrimental to both the parties.

I am trying to get my hands on the remaining seasons now. This sh*t's good.

Ed: Forgot about Metalhead, law enforcement by robots, I hope we never have to see it lol
The whole thing in black and white also added to the bleakness of that whole scenario.

• Neptune Homme

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:41 PM

What I found stark about season 4 initially was how optimistic it was compared to how bleak other seasons seemed. I'm not saying there's happy endings here but there's definitely a lighter tone on display here. Charlie Brooker has even gone on record saying this, that he was writing this season during the US election and he wasn't sure about the state of the world moving on from it. He wasn't sure if people would be into something so bleak at the time, which is fair enough. Like I said, it's not exactly sunshine and rainbows flying out people's arses but there's definitely less in the way of shocking, crippling endings that made Black Mirror the show it is today.

I had mixed feelings about Crocodile, but I can't put my finger on why. I think the ambiguous ending was good, but putting the recaller on the

Spoiler
was a little much for me, I thought it completely ruined the tone. It was a decent twist, sure, but it really felt like a sudden stop to such a dramatic build up. Maybe that's the entire point, I don't know, but I wasn't keen. The more I watched, the more I realised that the USS Callister episode was distinctly Black Mirror, even though I felt the opposite after watching it. It was enough to make me forget what show I was actually watching.

Jimmy
  • Jimmy

• Best Jimmys
  • India
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster in Movies / TV 2017
    Best Jimmy
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:21 PM Edited by Arrow, 11 January 2018 - 12:21 PM.

Here's my opinion about the previous episode "Hang the DJ".
Spoiler

Queen
  • Queen

Musical Prostitute

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Best Queen Fan
    Nicest Member 2016

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Started watching BM yesterday. The first episode was so...bizarre. Will definitely keep watching this one. 

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

Heard alot of good talk about this show recently... def plan on starting it sometime within the next week.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria
  • Best New Member 2017

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

I want to start this show but I was more curious about when it became such a big cultural phenomenon? 90% of my twitter feed is some vague dystopian Black Mirror joke.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2017
    Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

S4E01 USS Callister was some of the finest television I had seen all year. How many of us would be tempted to act just as Daly did if given that kind of power over a virtual universe?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users