I have decided to recruit members to aid in the faster development of the project! All you have to do is write below what you can do, whether it be help with the following below or something I may have not listed like making textures or maybe you would like to add game loading music.
1. KGM (Img factory): A kitchen sink tool with alot of functionality. IDE/IPL editor (with database of used objects) TXD and Collision editor built into the tool.
2. SOL core: The SOL hacks on the VC and Rage engines. Some say this needs to be rewritten and I would be happy for some assist in this area. Cleo for VC needs looking into as this doesn't support SOL VC. Hier and other (bitmap store) TXD limit needs looking at.
Coding - Tools
Coding - Core limits and hacks.
Coding - SCM - Scripting (Missing Coding)
3 .Map development: Design new buildings for LC, VC, SA and other cities/ land areas. Be able to plan new areas of the map for others to model.
3dsMax - Modeling - Mapping, LOD creation for SA and Rage engines. (low detailed models)
3dsMax - Making new set of Vehicles for State of Liberty.
3dsMax /KED - Detail Mapping. (Dirtying up the map and adding street furniture)
4. Work on the collisions meshs (optimizing cols) for the models with new surface types when these hacks are available.
5. Localisation: pending on hacks to make this possible as I want to support other languages.
Missing GXT labeling and translation.
6. Work on trilogy or Infusions versions of the project on VC, SA or Rage.
7. Project Planning: Now and again I change the way I work on this project where this also depends on the available tools. this is where I am willing to get import from others around the community on the workflow that could be improved. even forum layout and information.
As I am alone on this right now my time on some areas has been lacking.
8. New or converted vehicles. We have MVL for the VC engine (but this needs work as these hacks no longer work), also Fastman92's (FLA for SA and Rage) that also supports extra vehicles.
9. New max scripts for Renderware, I have adopted kams for now but I want to improve how maps/models are made and exported into the game in the future even I cross convertor or maps between engines.
By recuilting people and working on this project I hope to improve things throughout the GTAF community where theses tools or hacks could help others.
Keeping track of users posts and creating detailed replies.
Boosting the projects awareness.
Creating our own textures within a set theme. (To be used in the TXD's in game)
New Banners, Splash screens for the 15 Year Anniversary of the SOL project. W have some time to go before we reach this goal.
Like other project's we have never had use of a website for promoting the project, I have spoken about the 10 Year Anniversary version of the mod for VC and SA. We are in need a site to reflect the project's history, ups and downs, Why we /I do this mod as a mod developer and screen gallery, image hosting within the site. We do not need another forum - a link to GTAF will do.
If you can think of anything that needs to be listed here, tell me.