[Rage/V] We are now recruiting.

6 replies to this topic
X-Seti
  • X-Seti

.Retro mod developer. (Xenon Brothers)

• Feroci
  • Mars
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:44 AM Edited by X-Seti, 10 October 2016 - 11:57 AM.

I have decided to recruit members to aid in the faster development of the project! All you have to do is write below what you can do, whether it be help with the following below or something I may have not listed like making textures or maybe you would like to add game loading music.

1. KGM (Img factory):
A kitchen sink tool with alot of functionality. IDE/IPL editor (with database of used objects) TXD and Collision editor built into the tool.

2. SOL core: The SOL hacks on the VC and Rage engines. Some say this needs to be rewritten and I would be happy for some assist in this area. Cleo for VC needs looking into as this doesn't support SOL VC. Hier and other (bitmap store) TXD limit needs looking at.

Coding - Tools
Coding - Core limits and hacks.
Coding - SCM - Scripting (Missing Coding)

3 .Map development: Design new buildings for LC, VC, SA and other cities/ land areas. Be able to plan new areas of the map for others to model.

3dsMax - Modeling - Mapping, LOD creation for SA and Rage engines. (low detailed models)
3dsMax - Making new set of Vehicles for State of Liberty.
3dsMax /KED - Detail Mapping.  (Dirtying up the map and adding street furniture)

4. Work on the collisions meshs (optimizing cols) for the models with new surface types when these hacks are available.

5. Localisation: pending on hacks to make this possible as I want to support other languages.
Missing GXT labeling and translation.

6. Work on trilogy or Infusions versions of the project on VC, SA or Rage.

7. Project Planning:
Now and again I change the way I work on this project where this also depends on the available tools. this is where I am willing to get import from others around the community on the workflow that could be improved. even forum layout and information.

As I am alone on this right now my time on some areas has been lacking.

8. New or converted vehicles. We have MVL for the VC engine (but this needs work as these hacks no longer work), also Fastman92's (FLA for SA and Rage) that also supports extra vehicles.

9. New max scripts for Renderware, I have adopted kams for now but I want to improve how maps/models are made and exported into the game in the future even I cross convertor or maps between engines.

http://gtaforums.com...g-kams-scripts/

By recuilting people and working on this project I hope to improve things throughout the GTAF community where theses tools or hacks could help others.

Other areas;

Forum Management;
Keeping track of users posts and creating detailed replies.
Boosting the projects awareness.

Graphic design;
Creating our own textures within a set theme. (To be used in the TXD's in game)
New Banners, Splash screens for the 15 Year Anniversary of the SOL project. W have some time to go before we reach this goal.

Webdesign;
Like other project's we have never had use of a website for promoting the project, I have spoken about the 10 Year Anniversary version of the mod for VC and SA. We are in need a site to reflect the project's history, ups and downs, Why we /I do this mod as a mod developer and screen gallery, image hosting within the site. We do not need another forum - a link to GTAF will do.

If you can think of anything that needs to be listed here, tell me.

Evanjellydonut
  • Evanjellydonut

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • Japan

Posted 28 October 2016 - 02:20 AM

I have decided to recruit members to aid in the faster development of the project! All you have to do is write below what you can do, whether it be help with the following below or something I may have not listed like making textures or maybe you would like to add game loading music.

1. KGM (Img factory):
A kitchen sink tool with alot of functionality. IDE/IPL editor (with database of used objects) TXD and Collision editor built into the tool.

2. SOL core: The SOL hacks on the VC and Rage engines. Some say this needs to be rewritten and I would be happy for some assist in this area. Cleo for VC needs looking into as this doesn't support SOL VC. Hier and other (bitmap store) TXD limit needs looking at.

Coding - Tools
Coding - Core limits and hacks.
Coding - SCM - Scripting (Missing Coding)

3 .Map development: Design new buildings for LC, VC, SA and other cities/ land areas. Be able to plan new areas of the map for others to model.

3dsMax - Modeling - Mapping, LOD creation for SA and Rage engines. (low detailed models)
3dsMax - Making new set of Vehicles for State of Liberty.
3dsMax /KED - Detail Mapping.  (Dirtying up the map and adding street furniture)

4. Work on the collisions meshs (optimizing cols) for the models with new surface types when these hacks are available.

5. Localisation: pending on hacks to make this possible as I want to support other languages.
Missing GXT labeling and translation.

6. Work on trilogy or Infusions versions of the project on VC, SA or Rage.

7. Project Planning:
Now and again I change the way I work on this project where this also depends on the available tools. this is where I am willing to get import from others around the community on the workflow that could be improved. even forum layout and information.

As I am alone on this right now my time on some areas has been lacking.

8. New or converted vehicles. We have MVL for the VC engine (but this needs work as these hacks no longer work), also Fastman92's (FLA for SA and Rage) that also supports extra vehicles.

9. New max scripts for Renderware, I have adopted kams for now but I want to improve how maps/models are made and exported into the game in the future even I cross convertor or maps between engines.

http://gtaforums.com...g-kams-scripts/

By recuilting people and working on this project I hope to improve things throughout the GTAF community where theses tools or hacks could help others.

Other areas;

Forum Management;
Keeping track of users posts and creating detailed replies.
Boosting the projects awareness.

Graphic design;
Creating our own textures within a set theme. (To be used in the TXD's in game)
New Banners, Splash screens for the 15 Year Anniversary of the SOL project. W have some time to go before we reach this goal.

Webdesign;
Like other project's we have never had use of a website for promoting the project, I have spoken about the 10 Year Anniversary version of the mod for VC and SA. We are in need a site to reflect the project's history, ups and downs, Why we /I do this mod as a mod developer and screen gallery, image hosting within the site. We do not need another forum - a link to GTAF will do.

If you can think of anything that needs to be listed here, tell me.

i.not.good.but.i.support.100%

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:07 AM Edited by X-Seti, 28 October 2016 - 10:16 AM.

Support can go along way my friend so having people to talk with swapping ideas helps.

I know people don't support the VC engine anymore but this mod isn't about VC or Rage but there is a special reason why I am using VC and I have been thinking about including GTAIII too in time.

The main goal of the project is to make something new from something old. I enjoy modding old game engines and this is what the core (definition) of what modding is all about and that is to see what really can be done in terms of-;

Level Design - (Mapping, Modelling)

Engine dynamics - (Effects and game enviroment)

Coding - (Pushing engine limits and player abilities)

Anything else like writing music. I use Octomed Sound Studio and other computer trackers. Just making textures and light and bump maps.

Right now I am working on improving our assits database improving textures and looking for other resouces I can legelly include into the project.

• Wakka387 likes this

inan.ahammad
  • inan.ahammad

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

Hello bro...I want to join ur project...I can't make programs...Still learning the basic's of C but I can help you with all other stuffs..Like 3ds max...ked,website making,forums managerment and all other stuff without coding...So if u need my help please pm me

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:45 PM Edited by X-Seti, 04 April 2017 - 07:49 PM.

Do you know how to make speckle / bump maps from normal .bmps?

I have a library of textures (20.000 odd) some I made myself that need to be worked on as this is taking up most of my time.

If you take this on (I can show you how to do this of course) I can get back to 3dsmax modeling.

However am away from the project right now on other commitments and should be back towards the end of April.

inan.ahammad
  • inan.ahammad

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

I don't know that yet...But I would like to learn that

Wakka387
  • Wakka387

Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States