submerging every online concept thread into a specific subsection

9 replies to this topic
Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Lord of Edges(i guess)

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:36 PM

I feel there are enough concept threads and petitions about GTAO  for them to kinda deserve their own section.

Now i feel like they are not really were they belong to be honest.

• Pastry likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:39 PM

I mean petitions won't do much since we aren't an official rockstar forum

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Lord of Edges(i guess)

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:30 AM

They are still being made though...and i think all that wishlist content should get its seperated section.

Sure the overall online section is calmer then it ever was, but that kind of topics are still coming regulary.

Wish list threads, wishlist threads linked to petitions...
I really feel like a seperated subsection is truely justified.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Lord of Edges(i guess)

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:55 PM Edited by Darth Absentis, 10 November 2016 - 11:02 PM.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069204812

Staff member RedDagger kinda suggested me this topic might be worth the bump so....BUMP.

Further i do not see if i can add much more to it, other then the fact it seems the GTAF staff currently had no protocol on how to really deal with wishlist threads.

They are being locked, either just stay at the main online section or are moved to GTA-series while they are honestly really really belonging in the online section if one asks me.

Also as extra add, might be fun if there were some rules regarding the effort needed for a topic to be placed should such a subsection ever be made, to avoid such section to become just a bunch of crap

Like:

-more then 10 or 20 new features mentioned.

-a certain theme going with it

-proper title of the DLC idea's name

-maybe even a rule to only post if a petition was made for rockstar to see on their site regarding said DLC/update idea

edit: also yes, online might be old but there still seem load of people with DLC/update ideas that are kinda worked out.

And the wishlist thread could still be kept for those smaller ideas people have.

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:01 AM

Well, yeah. Like I said in a thread that was just locked, people keep making threads and naming them "<theme> DLC" so they don't have to put it in the wishlist thread (in their opinion). It's just like when people make a thread with the intention of gathering players for an event in the general section but they try to disguise it by inviting people to discuss it. Meanwhile there's either a link to a thread in the find lobby section or they tell people to add them for something.

It's a little annoying to have people constantly try to get around rules or guidelines just so they can get more attention with their thing.

It looks like this forum is moderated pretty well when it comes to unwanted or misplaced threads, but this would probably decrease the workload a little bit for active moderators. And any remaining energy they have that can be used for other things is always welcome, right?

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:09 AM

We used to have a large purpose made DLC Concepts section in the GTA Series Chat Forum for big ideas like This One.

They seem to have been cut loose in the last move around...

• Darth Absentis likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:33 AM

Aye, whenever it was brought up the regulars of the concept section said they'd prefer it to be merged to the main GTA series section, with the main problem being a lack of traffic. Don't think that'd be a problem if it was an online subforum, though I think I remember the concepts section used to be an online subforum but got moved...not sure about that though.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Lord of Edges(i guess)

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:39 PM

So far i see the Gta-series section currently is really something about well...gta in general though.
And concept threads...even the worked out ones get burried under threads about regular gta related things because the people into GTAO, who are the only ones that would be interested in reading(and commenting/bumping) such threads are all in the Online section...which makes sence.
Looking at tigers example of what is indeed an amazing worked out dlc idea(i do not agree personaly with several things in it though), it is a shame such threads are pretty much forgotten burried without further discussion.

I also would honestly go so far and say that the reason so many dlc threads are made is partially because of the fact there are first of all no rules anywhere mentioned regarding such threads, and second of all, the actual great dlc idea-threads are moved to a completely differend section.

For an example night life dlc threads(some realky worked out well enough) have been made several times already.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:45 PM

I'm not sure a Concepts section is beneficial to anyone in the long term.

We used to have the Concepts section in GTA Series Chat. After a while people complained their concepts got no attention or feedback because the forum was too hidden, and that's mainly what people want since they are putting effort into creating them. When we moved GTA Series Chat up to the top of the index, concepts were merged back into the main area.

If we had a concepts dedicated section in GTA Online area, what would be the driving force to make people click a few extra clicks and purposely visit there and post? Can we be sure it wouldn't just end up a forum full of wishlist topics that don't get any replies? Maybe if Rockstar confirmed they would visit and take them on board.... ;)

Eventually, when GTA Online dries up and the next online game is released, what happens then? The forum wouldn't be used at all, so it would need merging back and then they'd all be lost.

So in other words, "separate forum" isn't always the answer for these issues. We could instead make compromises like re-considering our stance on concepts overall and instead start allowing GTA Online specific and well-thought out concepts to stay in the GTA Online area (for example), but I remember people moaning that they were "flooding" the section at some point.

I'm always happy to try new things if it benefits the community and will get used, but we have a lot of complainers on these forums, so you can't keep everyone happy.

• Nico likes this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Lord of Edges(i guess)

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:45 PM

I'm not sure a Concepts section is beneficial to anyone in the long term.

We used to have the Concepts section in GTA Series Chat. After a while people complained their concepts got no attention or feedback because the forum was too hidden, and that's mainly what people want since they are putting effort into creating them. When we moved GTA Series Chat up to the top of the index, concepts were merged back into the main area.

If we had a concepts dedicated section in GTA Online area, what would be the driving force to make people click a few extra clicks and purposely visit there and post? Can we be sure it wouldn't just end up a forum full of wishlist topics that don't get any replies? Maybe if Rockstar confirmed they would visit and take them on board.... ;)

Eventually, when GTA Online dries up and the next online game is released, what happens then? The forum wouldn't be used at all, so it would need merging back and then they'd all be lost.

So in other words, "separate forum" isn't always the answer for these issues. We could instead make compromises like re-considering our stance on concepts overall and instead start allowing GTA Online specific and well-thought out concepts to stay in the GTA Online area (for example), but I remember people moaning that they were "flooding" the section at some point.

I'm always happy to try new things if it benefits the community and will get used, but we have a lot of complainers on these forums, so you can't keep everyone happy.

Late reply, but i am not talking about a full section, rather a sub-section in the GTA Online section

Thing is, though this is not truelly confirmed, a notable leaker has said gta will at least be updated till summer next year, that is quite a while.

Add to that that online just got a sepperate site...yes sure the game is old...like really old, but i can't help to notice it seems likely that the online section is gonna keep kicking for a long time.

Also, talking about the online section, even the quite unpopulair Help & Support sub section is still more then alive enough at this moment.

Sure, i must admit, if one would make a concept-sub section in anything else but the online section it is just gonna be a fiasco, i have no doubt about that.

Having it in the actual online section on the other hand is a totally different story, i really feel that it would work out right.

Also on rockstar visiting the site, though i am gonna be quite blunt and be quite speculative, pretty much everything implemented since ill gotten gains has been seen requested/wished for in the Online section and i seem to recall that rockstar once said they actually look into sites like these.

Really, i would not trust them on their word these days, but just looking at the content being implemented, i actually believe that one.

Also i honestly doubt that, even if rockstar confirms in a 6 months that the last update has been dropped, i somehow doubt people would still not make concept threads just for the heck of it.

Also like said, currently there is no proof GTAO is going anywhere soon, on contrary

Yes the game is old, but we still got updates, notable leakers say we are gonna get many more updates, we got a specific online site....

so overall I really still think it is worth considering making such a sub-section, if it is in the online section.

Also if those threads get lost when it has been confirmed GTAO will no longer be receiving updates and people are actually getting the message(i think that really could take a few months, no joke) then most people will not care were said concept threads are afterwards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users