I need help with my webpage!

5 replies to this topic
HeathenCrow
  • HeathenCrow

Patch maker.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:15 PM

Hey! Recently I created my MC Crew, and I'd like to have a website where I can explain the rules and that stuff, but I have no experience in that matters. So if someone could help me creating it, he would be doing a great favor to me! Contact me on kik so we can speak about it: byoonbg22

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:43 PM Edited by trip, 09 October 2016 - 12:46 PM.

Come on. :) basic html is easy (and can also be fun and rewarding). You can also learn it without any cost. There are no special tools, compilers, or anything crazy. You don't need a weber er or anytning.

Give it a go.

[Html]
[HEAD][TITLE]My Web page title[/title][/head]
[Body]
This where you toss everything you want to show on a page/browser.
[/BODY]
[/HTML]
After basic html the world is your oyster.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:27 AM

That was a good way to make a web page in 1999. HTML standard has moved on a bit since then. Not that learning HTML and making your own pages is an impossible task, just that it is going to take a bit more understanding of how modern browsers interpret and render HTML to make something that looks good across different browsers and screen sizes.

If OP's goal is simply to make quick site, and not spend months learning HTML, it's a much better idea to either hire someone to make it, or use one of the existing solutions. Odds are, a free site on WordPress or something similar will satisfy OP's needs.
  • X-Seti likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:19 PM

Oh I know. My day to day is still about 90% Web based.

I just like to steer people in the 'do it yourself' direction. And you have to admit basic HTML is a fun and easy way to learn some basics. Then you expand out when you need stuff to be more interactive.
  • K^2 likes this

AboveTheLawHD
  • AboveTheLawHD

Gaming Addict

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:01 PM

You can always try out using a web builder if you don't fancy yourself learning html. Weebly and Webstarts are pretty good to use if you want to create a hassle free website quickly and easily. Best of all these give you free hosting! Besides, loads more web builders like these exist, you just have to find the right one you prefer.

• trip likes this

Murdick
  • Murdick

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:10 AM Edited by Murdick, 10 November 2016 - 01:11 AM.

I used to change my mouse cursor to butterflies and disable the right click with annoying messages. LOL.

But I will say tho, just read, read, reaaad. If you want it bad enough you'll figure out what to do.

Edit: just a random reply. lol. sorry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users