Westworld (HBO Series)

119 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

I didn't catch that part with Delores, but with each passing episode I'm becoming convinced that he is Logan.

I thought about this idea as well. It's possible.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:09 PM

Season 2 could revolve around what happened in the past and a new narrative. If there is in fact two timelines going on, then this could definitely stretch into two seasons.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

I know that they have stated they have a 6 season plan for the show if they can get it renewed enough, additionally they have stated that this season won't end on a massive cliffhanger, which is pretty cool in my opinion.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:55 PM

I just started watching it last night. Really liked the Pilot. Remarkable job from the HBO Studios as usual. I really like the concept behind the Wild West themed Park. I hope there'll be some advances in character development as the season progresses.

• E•MO•TION, AlienTwo and Kushology like this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

What I don't get is how the park is still standing. It sounds like so many things could go wrong.

Like... He says Dolores is broken for cutting his cheek, but we've seen hosts try to stab guests with real f*cking knives and the guests had to dodge that sh*t.

They're firing blanks that are still strong enough to knock someone off the ground... So if one hits the eye, the brain is f*cked, right?

What about all the heights? What about falling off horses?

If thousands of people regularly go there, there must have been so many f*cking deaths. They'd have shut that place down a long ass time ago.

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:01 PM

What I don't get is how the park is still standing. It sounds like so many things could go wrong.

Like... He says Dolores is broken for cutting his cheek, but we've seen hosts try to stab guests with real f*cking knives and the guests had to dodge that sh*t.

They're firing blanks that are still strong enough to knock someone off the ground... So if one hits the eye, the brain is f*cked, right?

What about all the heights? What about falling off horses?

If thousands of people regularly go there, there must have been so many f*cking deaths. They'd have shut that place down a long ass time ago.

I guess we just see the more adventure-ish guests. The average joe probably won't do much.

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

no, I haven't been up all night on my PC

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:38 AM

I watched the season finally live and left it running right through all the credits and was surprised by additional photage  after the credits!..

I hope they have new episodes or season within 3 to 5 months

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016
    GTAF Snap Battle Season 2 Winner

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:25 PM

What a masterpiece of a series. Love how this season unraveled itself with big plots explained in the final episode.

Ep. 10 talk.

Spoiler

The series could end here and I'd be satisfied. But looking forward to season 2 and how they progress the beginning of the end. Admittedly it's going to be a while though. 2018.

• The Yokel and icecoldkilla1467 like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:44 PM

The series could end here and I'd be satisfied.

This is how I feel as well. It's hard for me to believe that they can top this season so I'd rather have it end here and now as a miniseries. Especially if

Spoiler

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

No more young William.  Very sad, I really love Jimmi's performance.

http://comicbook.com...-jimmi-simpson/

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

Holy sh*t, the finale was fan-f*cking-tastic. I loved it.

If there's one thing Westworld taught me, it's to never give robots super strength. Bernard and Dolores were obviously at least slightly stronger than average people.

So even if they DO revolt, it'll be easy to deal with if they're as strong as an angry fetus.

Spoiler

In short, this season has made its mistakes, but it was f*cking awesome and miles ahead of whatever is going on in other shows.

Also... In an earlier episode, someone mentioned how the park was like $40,000 a day and they spend like a week there. I thought it was adjusted for inflation but no... It's $40,000 in today money. Holy shiy. No wonder everyone who goes there is a rich asshole. And no wonder they wanna f*ck and kill everything. I have a hard time controlling my trigger finger in a $60 game that lasts me 300 hours. Imagine spending $280,000 for a week COUNTING sleep time.

AND WHAT THE f*ck IS WRONG WITH THE GUARDS?! HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ALL OF THEM TO MISS EVERY SINGLE SHOT? HOLY sh*t. THAT SNAKE LADY SHOULD BE DEAD 10 TIMES OVER.
  • AlienTwo likes this

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:03 PM

Holy sh*t, the finale was fan-f*cking-tastic. I loved it.

If there's one thing Westworld taught me, it's to never give robots super strength. Bernard and Dolores were obviously at least slightly stronger than average people.

So even if they DO revolt, it'll be easy to deal with if they're as strong as an angry fetus.

Spoiler

In short, this season has made its mistakes, but it was f*cking awesome and miles ahead of whatever is going on in other shows.

Also... In an earlier episode, someone mentioned how the park was like $40,000 a day and they spend like a week there. I thought it was adjusted for inflation but no... It's $40,000 in today money. Holy shiy. No wonder everyone who goes there is a rich asshole. And no wonder they wanna f*ck and kill everything. I have a hard time controlling my trigger finger in a $60 game that lasts me 300 hours. Imagine spending $280,000 for a week COUNTING sleep time.

AND WHAT THE f*ck IS WRONG WITH THE GUARDS?! HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ALL OF THEM TO MISS EVERY SINGLE SHOT? HOLY sh*t. THAT SNAKE LADY SHOULD BE DEAD 10 TIMES OVER.

About the snake lady, see spoiler tag

Spoiler

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:09 PM

Spoiler

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• Administrator
  • European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:03 AM

Well and truly enjoyed every second. A very satisfying and thought-provoking conclusion, that went out of its way to answer the most important narrative questions that previous episodes inspired, whilst at the same time raising some philosophical ones, without at any point feeling trite. Theses violent delights have violent ends indeed. 

• Doc Rikowski and AlienTwo like this

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:33 AM

MiB will be in next season: http://www.ew.com/ar...an-black-finale

And I'm quite sure we'll see Ford too.

Lubas
  • Lubas

★★★★★

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

I must say this is the second series I'm really looking forward into.

The first is Game of Thrones, but maybe some of you don't like it.

Somehow William as MiB is quite obvious at some point. Especially in the last episode where the details point slowly

Also didn't expect that last scene to happen... Was it his narrative, that him getting shot or plainly gone rogue?

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:54 PM

I had missed a few weeks worth so binged through the final 3 episodes last night. Wow!

I mentioned previously that I hadn't really read up on any theories or spoilers and I'm really glad now as it was a brilliant few hours of television to sit through. Kept questioning everything as it was happening in my head as scenes were playing out, and the revelations about Arnold and MiB were just done really well. Like you could see the transformation of William to MiB without him even saying any words, the little details in his actions and it was like BINGO! An absolutely stellar cast and production.

Samurai World is a nice little hint that they could do even more worlds as the series progresses, but it's curious on where they actually plan on taking the story next. It's a shame it won't be back until 2018. 

• AlienTwo likes this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:49 AM

I knew for sure Billy was the MIB once he tied Logan up and was dragging him across the land while he was riding on the horse like he did to Lawrence.

Lubas
  • Lubas

★★★★★

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:37 AM

I knew for sure Billy was the MIB once he tied Logan up and was dragging him across the land while he was riding on the horse like he did to Lawrence.

This is one of the details that points him being MiB

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:16 PM

"Food" !
  • Payne Killer likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:07 AM

Is season 2 really airing in 2018? That sucks. The Walking Dead is bad enough with its gaps, but two years wait for another season is bullsh*t.

Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed the season, but I need to watch it from the start again. It's one of those shows if you blink you can miss a major detail.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:51 AM

15492594_1786101108323810_84624711376218

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:22 AM

When you show someone imgur for the first time <------------original title

qtmIOwK.gif

• AlienTwo likes this

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:04 PM

I knew I had heard the same type of ambient music as the opening theme music before, today I went to play Bethesda's RAGE game and it sounded similar to the westworld opening theme song, maybe the same artist and composer ?

I bought RAGE when it first came out

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:39 AM

Is season 2 really airing in 2018? That sucks. The Walking Dead is bad enough with its gaps, but two years wait for another season is bullsh*t.

Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed the season, but I need to watch it from the start again. It's one of those shows if you blink you can miss a major detail.

One of the reasons why (I think) TWD sucks is cause they have too many episodes each and every year. Other shows like Thrones and Westworld have a limited number of episodes, but sure as hell (usually) make up for it with decent episodes all the way through. I'll admit a two year gap is a little unsettling, but at the same time, if it gives us a second season equal to the awesomeness of the first, I can wait!

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:49 PM

Westworld nominated for 22 Emmy's

https://www.theguard...night-live-lead

icecoldkilla1467
  • icecoldkilla1467

ice cold

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:53 AM

• El Diablo, Spaghetti Cat, Raavi and 5 others like this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Here's hoping that it'll be in early 2018.  

Start your speculations and theories now!  

Spoiler

• AlienTwo likes this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:40 AM

Here's hoping that it'll be in early 2018.  

Start your speculations and theories now!  

Spoiler

Regarding your spoiler, is that speculation, or fact (I haven't watched the trailer yet).

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

It's speculation.

I don't know how I feel about this show anymore to be honest. I absolutely adored it when I first watched it and still did when the credits on the finale rolled but it just becomes so hammy in later episodes. The show owes up to that which is great but there is a strange disconnect between the first and second half. I still really like it though and am looking forward to season 2 i just don't know how I feel about the tone is all.

• tcfanatic likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users