El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

lol it's going to become HOST-CEPTION.

hosts upon hosts upon hosts with no reliable way to actually identify who is who without an autopsy.

• AlienTwo likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:23 PM

Who do you think Arnold is? and is he  human?  I'm looking at Ed Harris

I'm pretty sure Arnold is Bernard.  Or vice-versa... we never saw the name at the bottom of the diagram like with Delores, as well as in the beginning when he looked at a picture that had Arnold and FOrd, there was no Arnold when the camera showed the image, but later we saw the same pic with a blurry face where previously there had been none.  Also, Logan stated that "Not even a picture exists" of Arnold, kind of pointing at a possible attempt to hide his appearance from all public view... why?  because Arnold's face is currently in public view with a different name.

Me thinks.

• Payne Killer likes this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:11 AM

Well we seen Arnold in "flashback" type scenes, at least a younger version, and it certainly wasn't Bernard. I assume some brain in a tank type of theory is in the works?

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:30 PM

Yes, but Ford was telling the tale of the flashback and he's been proven to be an unreliable narrator at this point. I'm still on team Bernard is Arnold.
  • El Diablo likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:39 PM Edited by The Yokel, 17 November 2016 - 09:49 PM.

I'm pretty sure Bernard is based on Arnold. Those scenes where "Bernard" is secretly talking with Dolores take place in that same hidden basement. Those are flashbacks of Arnold. And I'm pretty sure that the voice Dolores hears sounds like Bernard's voice.

• AlienTwo and aliceg94 like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:22 PM

I'm pretty sure Bernard is based on Arnold. Those scenes where "Bernard" is secretly talking with Dolores take place in that same basement. Those are flashbacks of Arnold. And I'm pretty sure that the voice Dolores hears sounds like Bernard's voice.

My thoughts exactly, I don't think we've seen Benard interact with Delores much, is't mostly/all been Arnold in those scenes.

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

no, I haven't been up all night on my PC

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:19 AM

I have the movie channels and encore channels and can watch the original Westworld with Yul Brynner any time on demand, I might order it soon, I may of watched it as a kid in the 70's and 80's here and there  never really seen it  in full

• trip likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:51 PM

I know Ford mentioned Bernard had been loyal for X years or something like that, but is it a possibility he was only "made" half way through the season? Like the first episodes were the human version?

I don't know I might be talking sh*t here, but I honestly can't remember any moment where I thought anything he said was weird, but as soon as it was revealed it was immediately obvious he was a host, with the "that doesn't look like anything to me" line and either frowning or looking emotionless. Before that he was even worried for Elsie and trying to phone her when she didn't re-appear, just how much surveillance does Ford do to know what she has been up to... Speaking of which, who could have grabbed Elsie? I wonder is it the real Bernard..or the real Arnold..?

I feel like I'm just dropping down a worm hole here though lol, it's so intricately detailed. When it all ends I'd like to do a re-watch just to see what new details I notice knowing the truth.

• El Diablo and AlienTwo like this

bread
  • bread

The Boss

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:16 AM

I seriously love how that one host who stabbed Teddy at the end is the same girl who brought William into Westworld, and was in that scene where Dolores was back at her hometown and she was the one with the umbrella who gave Dolores a look. In case you forget what I was talking about, here is a picture: http://i.imgur.com/DUuXTl0.jpg

It's crazy how minor characters suddenly become a big deal.

• El Diablo likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:13 PM Edited by The Yokel, 21 November 2016 - 12:13 PM.

She's hot as all hell. She's also Elon Musk's ex wife. I find that hilarious considering Elon's concerns about artificial intelligence :)

• Azazel likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:13 PM

So we see Maive(sp?) in the flashback with the dancing... I thought that proved the 30 year theory until we heard the man in black killed her and her daughter 30 years ago, which then proves he wasn't William from 30 years in the future... 

Kirsty, I'm not sure what could have happened to Elise, but I suspect her wannabe cowboy partner is about to get him some of the same now that he's getting suspicious with Bernard.  

I still believe Bernard is a replicant of Arnold.  

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:31 PM

Since the new host that was being built in the secret lab wasn't Theresa it must be Elsie, right? Nobody knows that she's dead other than Ford.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:23 AM

I just can't believe that Bernard is a replica of Arnold. I'll need more to go off of to be sure of that. The show is starting to show how careless the westworld employees truly are. I've had someone tell me it's bad writing, but it took merely one employee at Jurassic Park to turn that into a living hell.

Two more episodes left in this season, it will be interesting to see how William and his brother in law unravel.
  • El Diablo likes this

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:50 PM

I'm so confused but I love this show. Westworld was one of my fav movies when I was a kid in the 80s.
The MiB there was very scary. Glad they made a series out of that great movie.
  • El Diablo likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:09 PM

y'all know where this is going right?

sh/ts gonna go DEEP af.

how long has Hopkins been replacing insubordinate humans with more advanced hosts?

everyone thinks that hosts are unable to leave the ranch or venture around the real world... bullsh/t. I'm betting that we've got some big revelations in store as we head towards the season finale.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:15 AM Edited by Doc Rikowski, 23 November 2016 - 09:16 AM.

I'm intrigued by what Delos really wants to do with the host code/software. I read somewhere that maybe they want to use it in the real world so that real (rich, old and sick?) people can have their memory/personality installed in a fully immortal artificial body. Even though the idea has been used in this Bruce Willis movie already: http://www.imdb.com/...=nm_flmg_act_31

This theory was supported by a Dr Ford quote about Delos wanting to play God.

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

vlPLiBo.jpg

Maeve Millary  - Thandie Newton

I was so relieved to find out she wasn't a spice girl 

• AlienTwo likes this

Thugazi
  • Thugazi

chichi get the yayo

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:12 PM Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby, 25 November 2016 - 10:36 PM.

Love it when they play pop songs on the ol' timey piano. House of the Rising Sun in the brothel this episode.

Back to Black-Amy Winehouse also.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• Administrator
  • European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

What an absolutely fantastic series. 

• Craigsters and AlienTwo like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:17 PM

So we see Maive(sp?) in the flashback with the dancing... I thought that proved the 30 year theory until we heard the man in black killed her and her daughter 30 years ago, which then proves he wasn't William from 30 years in the future... 

Kirsty, I'm not sure what could have happened to Elise, but I suspect her wannabe cowboy partner is about to get him some of the same now that he's getting suspicious with Bernard.  

I still believe Bernard is a replicant of Arnold.  

So... theories proved.  I should get some sort of special award for such accurate guesswork.  :alien:

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:37 AM Edited by DOOM!, 29 November 2016 - 04:36 AM.

you and every other person on Reddit, I'm staying the f*ck away from that place regarding westworld.

I never thought I'd sympathize with Logan, but he really broke it down to Billy. Now, I honestly think Billy is straight f*cked in the head with Logan being the 'normal' one even though he is still a huge douche.

Now we know (or at least think we know) there is at least two timelines happening within the show after Logan showed Billy a picture of his sister, the same picture Abernathy found in the dirt and was looking at it once he went on the fritz the first episode.

MIB=Logan or Billy... or maybe one of their kids, who in the hell knows? very interesting, entertaining and mysterious show.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

Still not sure MIB is William...

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:48 PM Edited by Craigsters, 29 November 2016 - 02:52 PM.

So Dolores Abernathy well probably clean up after Dr. Robert Ford now that Bernard Lowe is gone??  or he's making a artificial robot version of  Theresa Cullen?

irk  let  me know if spoiler tags are needed for the above sentence?

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:32 PM Edited by AlienTwo, 01 December 2016 - 10:33 PM.

you and every other person on Reddit, I'm staying the f*ck away from that place regarding westworld.

I never thought I'd sympathize with Logan, but he really broke it down to Billy. Now, I honestly think Billy is straight f*cked in the head with Logan being the 'normal' one even though he is still a huge douche.

Now we know (or at least think we know) there is at least two timelines happening within the show after Logan showed Billy a picture of his sister, the same picture Abernathy found in the dirt and was looking at it once he went on the fritz the first episode.

MIB=Logan or Billy... or maybe one of their kids, who in the hell knows? very interesting, entertaining and mysterious show.

Yes, Reddit... I can't get my mind around it, so i never visit.  Just don't like the format or anything.

Still not sure MIB is William...

Man, I think they tried to give us some major clues he is, especially with delores calling MiB "William" when she saw him at the church door.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:54 PM

I didn't catch that part with Delores, but with each passing episode I'm becoming convinced that he is Logan. Knowing with how the show is going the big twist on the finale is that mib isn't Billy or Logan.

They better not make us wait 'til 2018 for another season.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:04 PM

I didn't catch that part with Delores, but with each passing episode I'm becoming convinced that he is Logan. Knowing with how the show is going the big twist on the finale is that mib isn't Billy or Logan.

They better not make us wait 'til 2018 for another season.

I'm pretty sure they are.  I heard that they haven't begun filming yet, so that doesn't bode well for a 2017 season 2.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

I've been trying to think of how can they pull off a season 2? Are they going to change the name and do 'futureworld' and/or 'Roman world' and just come up with new twisty plots?

I mean after we get all the answers here in Westworld it would be tough to go back with new plot lines.

For the record this is the only fiction TV show I watch. The movie creeped me out as a yougster - I just had to see what the show was going to be.

They did (are doing) a great job.
  • AlienTwo likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:53 AM

Season 2 could be Maeve trying to get along in the real.world after she breaks free? I dunno.... it does seem near impossible to have this same type of show setup for a second season. Not for any other reason than the "pulling the curtains back" type of direction the show seems to be headed.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

I binge watched the sh*t out of the 9 episodes.
f*ck it was awesome.

And if we're throwing ideas out for season 2, I think it's gonna revolve around the 'new narrative'
  • AlienTwo and Payne Killer like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users